Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 02:38 PM   #16  

Lauren: I've heard about water intox..but I thought it was a much higher rate in a shorter time frame. Maybe RR will know something about that.

We've got more rain. My yard is floating! I love rain, but this is getting to be a bit much. I need to go to the grocery store but just don't want to get the guys out in this.

RR: take care and get better. Kenny always gets a lot of sinus infections....I always get the strep. In fact this should be my week to get strep. I always get it this week in March (at least I can chart back the last 6 years of having it this same week).

Lys: bummer on the camping trip. I love to camp. In fact one summer I spent 3 months living in a tent for 2 weeks at a time then we'd go back into DC for 3 days to pick up another group of kids for wilderness camping. I also use to take youth groups on two week backpacking trips in CO. Love the outdoors! I'm close to a lot of great hiking/camping areas here in the Ozark Mts. In MO and AR and I rarely get to go.

Need to get on with the day - jul
Old 03-19-2002, 03:30 PM   #17  
Phat Chick

Hey all

Thanks for all your well wishes.

I have no idea how I got this eye infection because I haven't worn eye make up in ages and have not had close contact with any lurgies, except maybe the ones that are floating around here (hint hint Lyssalou).

I don't care if my sink is shiny due to the glaze over my eye all I know is that I stand by my motto to be a slovely lady through sickness and heath, through wealth and poverty

Slovenly Sisters - stand up and be counted, be proud. Why waste time cleaning when you could be out shopping, buy kinky shoes and drinking daquiri - what more do you want out of life?!

Look what I found.....
Any heard this??? Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Shining your sink to excess will cause weight gain

There a direct quote from Slovenly Lady Inc
Old 03-19-2002, 05:03 PM   #18  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--I have never heard of a "normal" person getting water intoxcation..It is usually an athlete involved in a Marathon or high sweating event that drinks too much water...THe person is sweating out sodium and the increase water dilutes it even further soo that the excess water is absorbed in the blood and builds up fluid in the brain...They vomit lots and can die from hyponatremia(decreased sodium).Interesting..never thought about it on a normal basis of drinking water!!!

Lauren- I requested the single bed!!!!!
RR
Old 03-19-2002, 07:09 PM   #19  

hello.

I finished my Easter shopping today - woohoo - and I gave dh the candy to put away to get it out of my sight (and mind). I don't want to know where it is. This has been working - I haven't looked for it.

Lyssa - I believe I can fly! ~ And I believe you and dh can succeed, forever.

Nanci - nice that you had lots of sun time! It is dreary again today in the midwest.

RR - oh, so much running to do when you are sick! I feel bad for you. ~ Pastels would be cute for Easter, but we aren't having hashbrowns - there will be no brunch that day, we'll have lunch/dinner.

Lauren - I had not heard that about water. ~ Congrats on the maintain & enjoy those new bowling shoes!

Jul - hope you beat history & stay well this week!

Gotta run - Rabbit
Old 03-19-2002, 08:04 PM   #20  

There is some guy that dh has heard on the radio, and a girl at dh's work has read a book about this guy, and supposedly if you drink much more than 1/2 your weight in ounces of water, it can be a problem. He suggests adding a small amount of sea salt to your water. However Dh and I eat such salty food, that I don't believe that is an issue. However drinking 64 oz. a day at a normal pace should not harm anyone. I will ask dh about the water guy who believes that a large amount of modern diseases are because of dehydration rather than other causes. I do know that he says we should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water (i.e. if you weigh 180, you should drink 90 oz. water)

Rabbit - I believe you can stay away from the Easter candy.

LBH - Congrats on maintaining. I know the feeling of not wanting to know what you weigh, because you know what you ate. But you did it, you didn't gain.

BPB - I have to admit, I do miss enjoying being a couch potato instead of feeling guilty for it because I should be FLYing. I do hope your eye gets better. And I am glad your posts seem to be getting longer.

Jul - Kids love camping. You should try to take your boys so they will have your love for the outdoors. Then again they probably will anyway.

RR - I hope you all get better soon. It is bad enough when either you or the kiddo's are sick, but when you are both sick, it is really rough.

Nanci - Either you live in a very small town or it must have been your day for running into old friends. About FlyLady, she isn't for everyone, but if you have a hard time cleaning, she will kick your hind end in gear (if you do what she says, I'm not so sure how good I am at doing it myself)

Hope everyone has a great evening, will post more later.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #21  

Hi everyone!

Vick, Oh your day sounds like it was crazy and on top of it your were sick! I am sorry.

Lauren, Great job on keeping up with that exercise. I bet that has a lot to do with the maintaining.

Jul, Strep is awful. Do you still have your tonsils? I do and everytime I get strep they threaten to take them out. I was the same as you, very seasonal with it. As soon as they threatened It seemed to slow down. I HATE going to the Dr and I do not want surgery.

BPB, You always give me the giggles. Thanks for brighting my day.

Rabbit, I can't believe that you are already done with Easter shopping. You are GOOD.

Lyssalou, I actually live in a big city and was in another big city when I saw these people. I think it is just a small world. I think I am going to take my chances and not join the fly lady thing.

Everyone have a great evening.

Nanci
Old 03-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #22  

Nanci: yes I still have them (tonsils) and grew up with the Dr threatening to take them out everytime. I don't think its a surgery I'm willing to have either. I don't even bother going to the Dr, I keep some pretty strong meds on hand and self medicate. I really think I won't get it this year - but we'll see.

I'm floundering. The frugal-moms site has been down all day and I can't get my frugal-mom fix for the day. It did result in me actually cleaning my office .

Did not exercise this morning.
Did not have a diet coke all day! Progress! I always do better with exercise, motivation in general, diet, etc. when I get off the diet coke habit.

Lys: yes my boys love camping. Have taken them RV camping with my parents and we've slept out in the back yard in a tent. We just haven't taken them on a real camping trip yet. When we travel for shows we don't have room to take all the camping stuff so we have to hotel it. After working a show all day - all I want is a hotel with air conditioning anyway.

- jul
Old 03-20-2002, 07:42 AM   #23  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!DOing much better with the sore throat!!Hopefully Mr. Strep is out the door!!!!I am glad I dont have my tonsils-just wish the strep would exit..I still say that those 3 months of antibiotics and strep infections is what caused the miscarriage.. Of course the Doc said no..but fever and yuck couldnt have done any good...

Ok...fellow scrapbookers--I made it to Dec 2001 yesterday!!!!
All I have left is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!!!Then on to 2002!!!!!

Lauren--I think U asked yesterday the CRuise line???It is with Carnival..I have never used them but the cruise is only $438pp for 5 days which is cheaper than a week getaway with food etc to pay for!!!I didnt want to fly and Carnival is the only one out of N.O. In Dec, they are sending a brand new boat that will be their largest ship to N.O. We are thinking about taking the children!!!!Honestly..we have a double bed and an outside cabin!!!I was fibbing about the twin!!!!

Jul--I love camping, but I am with U on the hotel with air conditioning!!!!It was 81 yesterday..in March..wondering how hot the summer will be!!!! We camped as a child, but we had a motor home, soo I guess I have become spoiled!!!!

BFB-Hope that eye is better!!!Heard a rumor???RU the new president of the slovenly lady club????? I am worried--will cleaning the fish tank, changing beds and washing the linens and cooking supper for the family cause weight gain???Rest assure, that I will not gain weight by cleaning the sink!!!!

lyssa--wow...that guy really believes in the water!!!!The kids are better..I just am taking another day to relax alone!!!

Nanci--Good to see U home again!!!

Rabbit-Brave woman...I buy the Easter candy on Easter Eve!!!!

Guess what!!!My Belgium friends sent more chocolate!!! My mom said never talk to strangers and we did in the train station!!!See what happens?????I am trying to think of something really cool to send back this time to them???BFB--is there any thing U can think of that is available here but not in that neck of the woods??????

Have a great day all!!!
hello to everyone I missed!!!

BTW--It is not often I get to observe DH in early morning action--I had to laugh when I saw his lunch he packed....2 diet cokes, 3 Ding Dongs, 2 bags of Cheetos, a Bagel and frozen dinner..Man, some guys are lucky!!!!WHen he gets home, he eats another bagel, and brownies as a snack...His metabolism is too high!!!!He is 6'0 and only weighs 175 during hockey season...Of course, he played last night and Refed a game soo maybe excercise is the key..hmmmmm what a concept
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-20-2002 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:28 AM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, I did not go bowling last night...ended up taking the cat to the vet!! He has been acting funny lately and he's had some blood and mucus in his poop. (Sorry if TMI!!) Anyway, I decided to bring him in because he's 8 and he hasn't been there since '96 when he was 2! The reason he hasn't been there, aside from the fact that he's an indoor cat and I didn't feel he needed vaccines, is that he's a , and I am not exaggerating!! He may be sweet at home, but at the vet, he's like a totally different creature!! (Those of you with cats, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!) We made it almost all the way there w/o pooping in the carrier. He did it when we were about 3 minutes away!! He was nervous and drolling the whole way, I thought he was gonna throw up! So I got in and asked them for another cage to put him in, so I could wash his out. They gave me one twice the size. I had to hold his upside down to get him out!! The Dr. checked his heart, was strong, no murmurs, felt around, no lumps or anything. Then she lifted the tail to take his temp...and all hel* broke loose!! He bit me and drew blood...mom could've gotten a good blood sugar reading!! We both jumped back and he flew off the table!! She got a towel and the tech managed to grab him in that...after a few rounds of the exam room!! They put him back in the big cage and she suggested I go next door and get some coffee!! They were gonna let him sit for a little bit to relax. I told her good luck, I don't think he will! Long story short, I went, I came back, he was done! They managed to hold him down and get his temp, which was normal, draw blood, and get him back in the cage! So when I tried to get him out of the big cage and back in his, again, turned it upside down and shook...to no avail...he wasn't coming out!! So the Dr. said just take him home in that and bring it back when I get a chance! I have to call this afternoon to get the results of the B/W. I'm sure he's fine...but that's the reason he never goes to the vet!! Oh, and she didnt' do the vaccines, because she wanted to wait and see what the results of the b/w are. I don't think I'm bringing him back for them unless she really gives me a hard time! She'll have to give me some strong sedatives if I do bring him back!

OK, I'm sure you didn't need to hear me ramble about the cat...hopefully you got a good visual and laugh out of it...sorry if the first part grossed you out!

RR- Glad you're feeling better. I don't know, I think I have to agree with the Dr. on this one, I don't think the antibiotics did it, especially since it's been around soo long, ya' know? Glad you got the full size bed...although a twin would've been interesting!!

Jul- Hope you can get your frugal-moms fix today!! I hate it when a site is down and I can't do anything!!

BPB- You're soo bad!!

Have a great day all...it's pouring rain here today, but we sooo need it!
Old 03-20-2002, 09:29 AM   #25  

Hi everyone! Yesterday flew by and it was over before I even knew what hit me. I was struggling at the southwest airlines website trying to get tickets for DH and I to go to Ohio this summer and visit his family -- big 2 for 1 sale . Finally did it and we are going first week in July. Also helping a friend plan a summer trip to the Keys and they've never been. I feel like a travel agent.

LBH, I know what u mean about queen beds vs. kings. DH and I have a terrible time sleeping anywhere but home. We both like our space (& our pillows, blankets, and fan). I'm an asti lover too -- the only kind I'll buy. If I get the dry stuff I usually mix it with orange juice for a mimosa.

Lys, sorry you're camping trip didn't turn out the way you had planned. But at least your van is back running now.

Jul, great job on exercising with the weather being yucky. It's hard for me to get motivated on days like that. I used to get flu/strep every year but I started getting the flu shot 3 years ago. Since then I haven't had it just usually a light cold in October. I think all the exercise I get helps a lot too.

Rabbit, Mmmmmm...easter shopping. I'd have to have DH hide it too -- he doesn't like candy. Not me though...what I wouldn't give for an entire package of reese's peanut butter eggs.

Nanci, welcome back. This board is a happening place!! Great motivation!! I missed one day and it's taking me hours to get caught up.

Vicki, wow, sorry to hear how rough you've had it. Your DH sounds like a wonderful man (a hungry man too!!). I'm glad he's taking care of you. Get lots of rest! I was shocked on my first Carnival cruise when I saw the two separate twin beds in the room. After a few minutes of rearranging DH and I had a nice big bed and nice sitting area.

BPB, count me in a as one of your slovenly sisters!! I don't want a shiny sink -- then I'd have to look at myself in the reflection while I'm cleaning my icecream bowl.

Holy schmokes!! I'm finally done going thru everyone's messages. Now I guess I'd better get some work done. Have a happy hump day!!
Old 03-20-2002, 04:52 PM   #26  

Well, I have finally faced up to the coming Holiday. We celebrate Passover from a Christian point of view. (If you want more info on why, you can visit my site - Messianic Home ) Anyway, we will be having a huge meal, and family and friends over. I was really dreading trying to come up with a menu, because it is usually not a dietetic meal. But I think I have come up with something that will taste good, with minimal splurges - we will see. Dessert - Chocolate Matzah Angelfood cake!!!

Also for those of you interested, I realized this morning, that I was trying to do to much of FlyLady's stuff, and was reall getting bogged down. I think I need to really tone down my morning and evening routines, stick to the basics so to speak. Then I will add a little more as I am successful with my routine.

Jul - Frugal mom's site, where is that? I've never heard of it before.

RR - I am glad you are feeling better!!! I hope you will get to feeling even better!!!

LBH - I understand about the cat!! We used to have two, and when we moved 1hr away, my cat sat on my lap (we thought that would make them feel better than being in a kennel) he dug his claws in my leg, and peed all over me. Not as dramatic as what you went through, but I definitely understand.

Liz - It is so nice of you to help others with their travel plans, and I can relate with you to getting through everyone's posts, but it is nice that everyone had so much to say!!!

BPB - I saw your posts, it must be the eye infection that kept you from being able to find our posts. I hope you can sleep better tonight.

Nanci - That's pretty cool about being in another city and running into others you know.

Well, I have to run!

Last edited by lyssalou; 03-20-2002 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:22 PM   #27  

hi all. I have been feeling a little blue about my lack of progress. I have been as close as 7.5 pounds from my goal (once) and 10 pounds (more that once) and now I'm 20 pounds away and I'm not sure why I've done this to myself?? Makes me sad (and I don't get that way often). Have to work through this.

Lys - Since I gave dh that candy I really don't think about it. ~ Don't bog yourself down with the flylady stuff. I've just been doing the basics too.

Nanci - and one of my friends said to me a couple days ago that they couldn't believe I wasn't done yet - like I was behind!

Jul - on the clean office! (I could use some help with mine, by the way . . .)

RR - Yeah on having those pictures caught up! I'm impressed! ~ 81 degrees - wow! ~ As long as dh has the candy, I'm fine. The only thing I left out in bowls are some mini reese's pb cups in easter colored wrappers (I don't like pb). ~ Oh my on dh's lunch!

Liz - I saw the 2 for 1 sale also! Booked some tickets for dh's business. ~ Oh, I like mimosas also. ~ Dh & I just got a king bed and I it!

OK, gotta go. Give me any inspiration you might have! Or better yet, say a little prayer for me!

Rabbit
Old 03-20-2002, 08:45 PM   #28  

Hi All,

I have to be quick tonight. I am off for my girls night.

Good to see everyone is doing ok.

Nanci
Old 03-20-2002, 10:12 PM   #29  

Nanci: have fun with your girls night.

Lys: http://www.frugal-moms.com it went to subscription this year $20. But well worth it to me. You might be able to read some of the forums still.
My DH is jewish by race but became a believer in Jr High. We attend non-denom church but also try to do some of the jewish 'things' thru out the year. Always have a sedar or passover service with our homechurch group. This year I'm helping with a childrens passover - we rented the community center and we'll all be in costume. I really enjoy mixing the christian and jewish celebrations.

I had a bad day - headache from lack of diet coke. Made it to about 3:00 and called DH to bring me a diet coke on his way home!

I made roasted chicken with mushrooms, potatoes, carrots for dinner. I ate all the mushrooms!! I love mushrooms!!!!

- jul
Old 03-21-2002, 09:02 AM   #30  

I came by a little early for me (o.k. 8:00 a.m. is very early for me) to get a little 'push' before attempting to exercise.

Rabbit: I'm with you! I've got 20 lbs to go to reach my goal and I am struggling, struggling, struggling!

I think I'll start a swimsuit/summer season goal for us - I need to set a little goal and see it happen!

- jul
Closed Thread