Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 11:48 AM   #31  

HI ALL.

I'm feeling more like myself today. I'm going to face the scale tonight. And I've been working on my mindset.

Nanci - hope your girls' night out was fun!

Jul - those 'no caffiene' headaches can be bad! ~ your chicken dinner sounded delicious! ~ OK, well we can work on these 20 pounds together. I've been thinking of doing rewards for myself. Like, I've been wanting a George Forman grill, so I plan to get one at the 10 pound mark.

have a good day all.

Rabbit
Old 03-21-2002, 12:11 PM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I keep forgetting to tell you...I'm going to Florida in July!! It's Nana's 90th birthday around the end of June (this is DH's Nana) and she lives in Boca Raton. Her 3 kids are planning a huge family reunion/party for Nana. FIL is gonna pay for us to fly down and our accomodations!! The party is scheduled for July 6th, so we're gonna see if we can all fly down on the 4th and come home on the 7th. I'm not really looking forward to Florida in July, but hey, it's a getaway, and it's paid for!!

DH surprised me last night...I brought the mail in when I got home and there was this big, but not too heavy box. I didn't know what it was, but it was addressed to DH. So when he got home, I asked him what it was...cringing at the money he must've spent...and he said, oh, that's part 2 of your anniversary present. He said he wanted to get something we could both do as a couple, so he bought us matching roller blades!! I told him that was cool, but there's no way I can stand on roller blades...roller skates, yes, roller blades, not likely!! At any rate, mine were back ordered, so I'm hoping that they don't come in, and he can get me roller skates...do they still make them?!

Rabbit- Good Luck at WI tonight...glad you're feeling more like yourself...who were you feeling like?? Isn't the king bed great...you can stretch out and still not annoy each other!!

Jul- I don't think I'm ready to go near the swimsuit thread yet...maybe in another month!!

Nanci- Hope you had a great girls night out! Do you do that often?

Well, as much as I hate to, I actually have to do some work today!!
Old 03-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #33  

Jul - It is nice to meet someone who understands the Christian /Jewish relationship. Most people I meet outside of "Messianic Jews" look at me like I am wierd. So that is why I put my link, so that if anyone thought I was wierd (which I do happen to be anyway) they could read and at least see I wasn't crazy too.

I am with you on the mushrooms. The cool thing is when I cook with mushrooms, Dh hates them, so I get his portion too!!! I will have to check out that frugal mom's site!!!

Rabbit - I have a friend of mine who talks about self sabbatog in any thing that she might actually be successful in. I know I do it. I go so far, and then I quit, fear of not being able to handle the responsibility of success. I do it in diet, and in cleaning my house, and in most other areas of my life. It is not a pretty site. I just hope I can make it into the last 20 lbs. of my target weight. When I was back there years ago, I didn't look too bad (not as good as when I was at my target weight my Jr. year of highschool, but not bad either.) You should be proud of where you are, and know that you will keep plugging away until you get to your target.

Here is something I have been thinking about and maybe it will help you feel better. When you are severly over weight, any reduction in calorie intake is a big deal, and can have great affect on your weight. But as you lose weight, it takes less to support your weight, and more to make you gain it. So, I would guess, that the weight comes of easier in the beginning, and takes longer as you near your target. So, you are doing ok, you just need to hang in there, and you will see the results in time, and you will be much healthier for not pushing yourself too hard.

Nanci - So what did you do for your girls night out? Did you have fun?

Jul & Rabbit - I am a caffine addict, and I have no intention of giving it up anytime in the near future (or the distant future for that matter) It is the only thing that helps me keep up with these four kiddo's. And I can't afford a headache from it either. So, Jul, enjoy your diet coke this aftenoon.

LBH - Too cool about the reunion, they are always so much fun. I am sure you will meet lots of people from dh's family that you haven't yet met. You'll have fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and that you will all post more soon.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:02 PM   #34  

Hi all,

Well tonight is WI. I am hoping I will be ok since it is for 2 weeks ( I missed my last WI due to the triip). We will see.

Rabbit, I am glad you are feeling better!

Lauren, We do the girls night every two weeks. Of course most of us see each other many times in between. That is the night we get together with just the girls no DH's. We take turns going to each others houses. We got started doing this last summer. It is nice.

Lyssalou, Oh that self sabatoge does funny things to us doesn't it?

I will check in after WI. Think light thoughts for me.

Nanci
Old 03-21-2002, 10:57 PM   #35  

HEY!!!

I am back. Ate like twice my points every day while gone - can't exactly make those up (0 points is not an option). I have exactly 2 weeks before I go to fla. Think I will try to stay under 20 points a day and then call it even. Did pretty good on exercise thouh, managed to work out 4 times while I was gone! Plus, spent a day wandering london. Great fun! The meetings went well too, but I really have very little interest in my job. Must make moves on this.

So, had made a little headway on the house with the flylady thing. Figured I would be about back to ground 0 after leaving bf home alone for almost a week. Guess what? EVERYTHING but what I left out before I left was put away. The sinks and counters were clean and all the laundry and dishes were clean and put away. Plus, he moved the desk from the kitchen to the laundry (this has been on the to-do list for a while). What a guy! Now I am going to get on a doable, sensible routine!

Terrified to weigh in, but will go on Saturday. About the size 6's - I only have 2 pairs and they are very tight! I think I am really an 8, occasionally a 10, but I am getting there!

LBH: Glad you hade a great anniversary weekend! Sorry it was not quite what you hoped but sounds nice - good job with flylady the exercise and maintaining! Eek - sorry to hear about the cat! Boca is beautiful - you will have such a good time. I thought I would never be able to do roller blades - they are not that bad. Good luck! There is a condition called polydipsia which has been studied in rats. They will drink and drink water until they die. This has been seen very rarely in humans. I would not worry too much about it - or check with your doctor. I think unless you pee clear every time you pee, you are ok. Nice, huh?

Lysa: Sorry to hear dd1 got herself behind and about the aborted camping trip. Glad the van is fixed. Sounds like a good plan to cut back on the flylady thing and get a few small well-established routines. That is my plan. I would love to see your spreadsheet. I hear you on the self-sabatoge - this is a huge problem for me. I sometimes think that I puprosly get behind on mundane, daily chores (and keep on weight) so that I can think "I would be so successful and happy if only..." rather than get these things accomplished and realize I am STILL not successful and happy. Must conquer this way of thinking!

Jul: Hope you and the boys had a good trip. The living room sounds great. I am working on an organization notebook like yours - it is fun! Good luck keeping up with all those orders! Great job on getting up to exercise. The camping groups you used to lead sound great. Good luck conquering the diet coke - this is so hard for me too.

Liz: I want to be an organizational freak too! My problem is I like everything perfect and tend towards the all or nothing attitude. Glad you had a great weekend. That is cool you are an inspiration to that guy at the gym - another way I would like to be like you. If you shut your eyes while cleaning the ice cream bowl, you will not have to see yourself in the shiny sink!!

BFB: I am going to give this flylady thing another few weeks - if not - I will be with you at the Slovenly lady meetings! You are too funny. By the way, I don't think it was sleep posting - I think it was the beer monkeys! Hope your eye is getting better.

RR: Wow- I hope things are better with you. What a week. How did you get dh to do the cleaning??? DH sounds so great - Congrats on the scrapbooking.

Rabbit: You get so much done! Maybe you and Martha could team up? Good luck with the night eating. It's a hard one! Sorry to hear you were feeling down about the weight loss thing. Just think how far you have come! You will get where you want to be. Baby steps! I have said a prayer for you.

Elisa: Yummy - dinner sounds good. Good job on only eating 1/3 of it. LOL about the scale. Good idea!

Nanci: Hope you had a great trip! Oh, I am jealous about the pigs - will have to get some. Hope you are doing well on making up for those liquid points. Hope WI went well.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:47 PM   #36  

I'm back!

Well it went very well. I was down 1.8. I feel very good about that. I am really glad that I was really on before I left and really on when I got back. I did not want to have a gain. I am feeling very proud of myself. :-) DH had a .2 loss and is feeling sorry for himself. I have been giving him the pep talk. He has had such big losses each week. He is doing AWESOME.

Bailey, It sounds like you had fun in London. FL will be great. I could sure use some sunshine. It snowed here twice in the past week. This is Seattle for crying out loud. We are use to Rain in March but not snow.

Night all!
Old 03-22-2002, 12:32 AM   #37  
Phat Chick

Hi all

Hopefully I have the right thread this time. It's 5.21 am here and I am watching Oprah interview this lovely little boy called Mattie. So wise beyond his years.

Anyway, my aim by Easter is to get back posting regularly and to keep up with everything. See what happens when you don't keep up - "people" visit London and you don't even know

Weight wise I had a good (but flukey) loss this week, but I haven't counted it. ToM has also appeared early and I am fighting sugar cravings. I am finding that these are getting worse each month. I do like sweets, but I do try and restrict them but during that "special" time I seem to get Mad Mouth Disease and even though I know I have my limit, I seem to go right past it Anyone got any suggestions - apart from getting pregnant

I booked some more skating lessons, coz I need to get my act together and apparently even though I suggested originally ages ago, hubby now thinks it would be a good idea if we went jogging together - men . He put it across that the running would help my voluptuous things (but he was slightly more diplomatic) and it would help keep his blood sugar level down.

The eye is much better now - went to the opticians, but they are not sure what is trigger it. So they advised me that the next time it happens, I am to go straight to Moorfields (which is a special eye hospital in London). Cheers - I love nothing more than spending a whole day sitting in a packed waiting room.

I reckon that instead of giving something up for lent, you all joined Flylady. Don't worry - you'll be able to give it up real soon.

No beer monkeys here just know - but I have found out that the red wine monkeys are really evil

LBH - if I can balance on rollerblades, so can you. My advice - I know knee pads/elbow pads and wrist guards ain't haute couture - but neither are scabs

C U Later

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 03-22-2002 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-22-2002, 02:44 AM   #38  

My home management spread sheet is not 100% ready for "Prime time viewing", but I do have it on the web. So if any of you want to see it and you have Excel, it can be downloaded on a site I created just for it: Free Home Manager

In case some of you haven't guessed, I went crazy making web pages on Homestead.com. I quit for a while, but I have decided to revamp what I did, and start all over again. You should see the list of web site names I have still listed, that used to be web pages, but are no more.

Bailey - I admire you!!! You come home from a long trip, and you manage to find the energy to respond to almost everyone.

BPB - I am glad you posted so much, Liz is right, you are a lot of fun.

Anyway, it is 1:40 am and I can't sleep. I don't feel so good either. I think all of this is because DH put espresso in our coffee, and didn't tell me until after I drank a huge cup of it. That's what I get for bragging about being an addict.

Well, I guess I will post more tomorrow!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:36 AM   #39  

Hi - up all night (reverse jet lag) so I did my pm routine, my am routine, yoga, preformed hair removal rituals (have been extremely lax on these). BF had to get up real early to get some work done before going to work at 6:30, so I made us both breakfast (first time ever and we have lived together for a year and a half). It is now 4:30 - going to try to tame my paperwork file for an hour then head to the gym before work.

Nanci: Congrats on the loss! We are supposed to get snow today too.

BFB: Would love to have you around all the time. If I had know I would have time in London, I would have made SURE you knew I was coming. Unfortunately, most of the trip (sunday to tuesday night) was at the John Deere training facility (we stayed in grantham? The Deere factory was just on the other side of Robin Hood land). Tuesday night we had a business dinner that lasted until 11:30 pm. Was supposed to have meetings all day Wendesday, but wound up being free from about noon on. Hit Notting Hill and the theater district. Then met my travel companions and we went to Les Mis. GREAT SHOW!! Left 1st thing Thursday morning. Had I known I would have time on wendesday, I would have tracked ya down. Next time, for sure if you are game. Where are you in London? Yeay on the loss! Good luck with those sugar cravings - rather than getting pregnant, try lots of protein. Works for me.

Lyssa: Sorry you were up so late - what is the web address? www.freehomemanager.com? I'd love to check it out.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:47 AM   #40  

http://freehomemanager.homestead.com is the address of my spreadsheet download.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #41  

You night owl's are killing me!! I sure don't have that problem. I don't know if it's the exercise or lack of caffeine but I'm tired every night. I was sound asleep before 7:30 last night and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 4:45. I have to have 8 hrs minimum or I turn into a real @#$%&!!!

Lys, WOW!!! I checked out your spreadsheet. And I thought I was an organization freak!! That is great. I love your field trip list. That's my big deal. Living in FL there is so much I want to see and do that I haven't yet. I'm going to make a list like that for DH and I.

Lauren, I loved your kitty story. I was cracking up thinking of what you went thru. That would be a 1 bottle of wine night for me!! Have a great time at your FL reunion. Bring lots of shorts cuz you're right -- it'll be hot. Have you tried rollerblading? I was terrible the first several times I tried but with practice I've gotten better (just like everything else). I love it now. It's my favorite exercise.

Rabbit, I'm glad your feeling better. Sometimes it's easier if you set small goals for yourself. I try not to look at the whole picture and just focus on one day at a time. I kind of relate it to college...if I had known everything I would have to do to get my degree I would have never went. But I took it one week at a time and I survived and now I'm edumacated.

Nanci, Yea!!! Congrats on the loss. That had to make you feel great since you were so worried. Sorry DH didn't have another big loss but at least he had a loss.

Bailey, I can't believe you were in London without paying a visit to BFB. Thanks for the big laugh I got when I read your food log. Sometimes you just gotta say what the heck. New day=New start. Good job on getting lots of exercise. How sweet BF is to get so much done while you were away. Men can be wonderful when they want to be!!

BFB, I saw Mattie on Oprah too. Isn't he amazing?!? He makes you reconsider how you think about things. Don't you love how men don't want to do anything unless it's "their" idea. Funny how men are like that? My DH does the same thing. I'm glad your eye is better. How's your sink???

Have a great day and weekend to everyone. Hi to those I missed!!

BTW, how's the check-in for Easter goals going? Last time I looked in there not many of you guys were posting. I need my companions!!
Old 03-22-2002, 12:50 PM   #42  

hello all!
Lots of posts! I had weigh in last night and gained 2.5 - but I deserved it. On to a new day.

I am leaving town for the weekend - and I'm going to the junk food queen's house - but I will behave myself.

Lauren - I don't know WHO I was feeling like! ~ Oh, yes, I love all the room in our king bed. I thought it would look too big in our bedroom, but it is fine.

Lys - thanks for the advice!! And yes, it was much easier at the beginning. I've just been stalling for too long, but I'm remembering my progress. Only positive thoughts! I can't wait to check out your hms when I have time!

Nanci - Yeah on the loss!! How much have you lost now? ~ Getting together with your friends like that every 2 weeks is cool.

Bailey - welcome back, for 2 weeks!! ~ What that your first trip to London? I'm sure it was interesting. ~ Thanks for the prayer, my do I need it!

BPB - Have fun jogging with dh!

Liz - I am not a night owl either. I'm heading to my room at 10 to read a little (very little) and then sleep so I can get up early to work out! ~ I like your one day at a time thing, that is what I need to do.

have a great weekend.

Rabbit
-------------------
Eat Healthy!

OP SINCE 3/20/02
Old 03-22-2002, 01:33 PM   #43  
LBH

Hi All,

Wow, this is great, all these posts!! I have to make sure I get here and respond everyday, or I'll get behind!!

Rabbit- Bummer on the gain, but at least you know you deserved it. Be strong as Sis'!!

Liz- Glad you got a laugh out of my story! Guess what? I get to do it all again tomorrow!! Have to take him back for his rabies shot. I was gonna wait until the town has their free clinic, but that got me thinking...do I wanna stand in line with a bunch of people and their dogs and cats, stressing him out, only to have to explain to another vet what a monster he is?! NO!! I'll pay the money... I have never tried roller blading...never could stand on iceskates, much less move on them!! I was a pretty good roller skater though...I just need those 4 wheels to balance on!!

BPB- Please, I've heard it's 9 months of PMS when you're pregnant!! Our poor DH's... I have heard ways to curve those cravings, but I can't for the life of me think of any of them right now!! DH's never listen...I suggested to mine eons ago, that he needs to do more aerobic exercise to lose weight, not just lift weights and drink slimfast. He just bought the Tae-Bo tapes and has been doing them all week! And they're kicking his butt he said!! He got through the instructional tape fine, and has been doing to basic tape. He said he's fine, but after awhile of the kicks, he's whipped. It's nice to see him struggling with something... Oh, and I will definitely be investing in some knee pads...at least!! Heck, I might even just strap a mattress to me!!

Nanci- Congrats on the loss!! Tell DH to suck it up!!

Bailey- Acknowledge and move on... Oh isn't wonderful when the man finally catches on?! DH keeps telling me things will be better when we finally get a home for everything. I try to explain to him that it's not gonna find a home unless we get good and organized!! He tells me if I wanna FLY, fine, but dont' involve him!!

OK, I think I've probably written a book by now!! Gotta go to the store for some supplies for a class next week!! Have a great rest of the day all!!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #44  
Donna

Hello Everyone-

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I've checked in a few times but I just couldn't think of anything to post . TOM finally visited after 3 mo. I was getting ready to visit the doctor no matter what those little pink sticks said. Hopefully now I'll settle into a regular routine, and hopefully I'll see a decent loss on Monday when we go in before we leave for FL. We're staying with the in-laws and not getting our own car, so I may be out walking around the neighborhood alot next week .

LBH - Your cat story cracked me up. I have to drug the beast to take him to the vet, it helps lots. Good luck today.

Rabbit - hang in there, you'll get there if you just don't give up. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

BFB - Welcome back! Red Wine monkeys are definately .

RR - hope you're feeling better. You sure are a busy Mom! I'm with you and BFB in the slovenlady club, I checked out flylady until she said to wear your shoes always, not gonna happen here no way no how.

Nanci - Congrats on the loss! I know its petty, but isn't it great when you loose more than the guy .

Baily - glad your trip went well, don't try and cut back to much or you're body'll go into conservation mode and you still won't lose. Good luck getting back on track. Sounds like you're in FL the week after us.

To everyone I missed, hope you have a great weekend. I'll try to be more regular from now on.

- Tech
Old 03-22-2002, 03:34 PM   #45  
LBH

Tech- Great to see you!! I've been thinking of sending you a PM to find out what the heck is up, since you hadn't checked in, or updated your Easter Goals!! Glad AF finally found you! I may just PM you anyway! I tried drugging him...Dr. gave me some Ace, but it didn't affect him!! That was 1/4 pill and then another 1/4 pill an hour later or something. She said to give him one pill at the most all at once and that should do it...only problem is, we threw out the Ace!!

*edited to say: YAY...DH just sent me an email to tell me he canceled the back order on my inline skates and ordered me a pair of regular sneaker type skates!! He's soo sweet!!

Last edited by LBH; 03-22-2002 at 04:32 PM.
Closed Thread