Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday, Sept.13th

Morning All,
Hope you all have a great Thursday. It is one more day until the weekend! Yea!! Nothing really new here to report this morning. It is another chilly fall like morning. So I am happy that it won't be really hot day.
I think I might have my eating and water intake back on track since going back to work. But I just have to remember to bring in a healthy snack that is filling everyday for afterschool. I am so hungry by the time 3:30 rolls around. Knowing that I have about another 3 to 3 1/2 hours before dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Well I must brush my teeth and head out the door. Talk to you all later!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Well you could pack some grapes, celery w/peanut butter that will stick in your tummy for a while, carrotts, peach. You know you can have alot of fruit make a fruit salad. Or you could try some of those 100 calories granola bars those are filling. One day I had a mom show up she of course was doing ww she lost 80 pounds. She had a package of grapes, yogurt, and hostes 100 calorie cupcakes. Wow I was like **** you can eat that much on ww. Yip.

Slim: I am going to try the coconut oil. I am doing something I started this morning called intramax it has over 200 fruits and veggies, etc in it. Suppose to detox the body and then provide all the right nutrients, etc that we miss in meals. I also am doing a lymph cleanse as my lymphnodes have been present well this dec will be one year.

Needless to say gals I am getting off my butt and getting healthy. Hopefully I will see some progress and be able to change my weight on the boards here.

Well I was so exicted to see we made it to three pages of writting yesterday. yeah! So glad to hear from MO and Roo, after they have been in hiding for a while.
Hope you all have a great day.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all....i agree with you sheila...it was amazging to see all the activity yesterday. everyon'es been very busy and going.
Slim - i always give advice here about pets..i just always warn ppl that i'm not infront of the situation...so like the saying goes..."you pay for what you get...free advice is just that LMAO". as for the coconut and dog issue...lmao...at least you probably wouldn't have to worry about shaving your pits anymore LMAO

morning here has been uneventful. Very tired today...didn't want to get up. Probably been working out too hard...but that's okay. I have 2 more days of work and then i get the weekend off..woohoo..that means i get to watch the uf/tenn game this weekend...cant' wait. I may have to leave the house and watch it elsewhere since dh will be studying..might make too much noise LOL.
hey to kar and everyone else...
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #4  
KAR

Shelia thanks for the info about the snacks. I will have to give it a try. I went grocery shopping with my dh last weekend and I told him that would need to get some snacks for in the afternoon. His reply was that I didn't need anything to eat and that I would burn the fat off quicker. So instead of causing World War 3 in the middle of the grocery store I didn't say anything nor did I pick up anything for a snack. So I guess I am going to have to go to the grocery store by myself and buy my snacks and bring them to school and store them in my room. I hate skinny people who think they know how to lose the weight and how easy it is. Well the bell just rang I need to go and get my kids off their buses.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #5  
sheila

ya skinny people but you know this parent that lost all the weight........she was very heavy all her life size 22 she wears 4-6 pants after two kids. So I tell you I had a tomato sandwich and I did 1 teaspoon mayo **** I felt like saying screw it baby I want the sandwich effect but I measured and it didn't taste bad at all. If you have a fridge there make a pumpkin smoothie. you can use ww vanilla smoothie and 1/2 cup pumpkin and cinnamon and nutmeg oh yummy it is only 2 points.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #6  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Just popping in for a quick second (in class again) with a question:

Do you guys think that WW is worth it? Does the "point system" really work?
I kinda think it's hokus pokus, but I don't know.

Thoughs?
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Kids!

Kerri ~ another suggestion would be to take a small package of nuts. They're high in calories but they fill me up fast. I like to make small packages to stick in my purse. Plus, they're really good for us. I'm sorry that DH doesn't support you. That has to really bring you down:-(.

GG ~ you'll be off for the entire weekend?! Yippee!

Sheila ~ thanks for the pumpkin smoothie recipe! That sounds soooo good. I love the taste of pumpkin.

Roo ~ I've done WW and the points system works very well.

Alicia ~ I will keep my fingers crossed that this will be a good weekend for you. Your buying DH's plane ticket was very brave. I think that you did the right thing. DS is doing good at school. Thanks for asking. Big Hug...

I'm having a friend for lunch today and I made this fruit salad up last night that is so yummy. You open a can of peaches, pineapple and fruit cocktail and mix in a package of instant sugar free french vanilla pudding. Let it set overnight and then the next morning add some fresh fruit (I added bananas & grapes to mine). It is delicious. DH's sister is in town for the weekend and we're having some of the family over on Saturday for breakfast so I think that I'll make up another bowl. Good sign when even my kids are asking for a second helping;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I've been way busy @ work we have 200 lots and both my co workers have been off so I'm all alone and yeah I can't keep up even work 12hr days lol. Just say hi and I'm alive

Don't know when I be back but I will.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Another chilly AM here today! Peter's daycare is closed today so he's with me at the house. Have to get something accomplished today...been slacking all week! :slap:

John, think of the weight you'll lose being soo busy!!

Joan, that sound yummy!

Rx, yes, WW works, if you stick it! Points is just another way of counting calories, really. 1 point is approx. 60 cals, I think. I personally became obsessed with counting points...in a good way. I should really get re-obsessed!

Sheila, Oh, I LOVE pumpkin!! I am gonna try that next time i make a protein drink!

Kerry, I agree, you need snacks! Nuts, raisins, Fiber One bars (LOVE them!), and don't forget lots of water!

Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #10  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Good morning everyone! Forgive my intrusiveness, but I wanted to jump in & say Hello to all of you! I am 32, so I qualify for the 30 soomethings! lol I registered here at 3FC for a few days ago & have been lurking for a couple months. Thought I'd take the plunge & post somewhere other than the Intorduction thread. I am trying to get a healthy lifestyle kick started...not going as well as it should be. I am working on it though. At least I don't eat fast food everyday anymore...that is HUGE for me & my family! Well, I just wanted to say Hi & that all of you read as very kind & fun people. Best of Luck to all of you!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #11  
sheila

nO PROBLEM on the recipe. I love it though.

realitymom: Hey welcome!!

I can't talk long but my oldest son I have had it..................
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Realitymom! This is a fantastic group of people and we always welcome newbies with open arms:-). Not eating fast food everyday is HUGE! Good for you and what a great example you're setting for your children. Best of luck ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning all!

Welcome Realitymom! this a great place!

GG an entire weekend off!!! wow! enjoy! any big plans?

Kerry I was going to suggest nuts like Joan did, that work really well for DH, he also likes to buy mixes at the health food store and put them in the little snack ziplock bags, he keeps one in his car and at work.

Sheila I don't think I would feel comfortable w/out deodorant. Have you ever done a detox diet, I did the 7 day detox miracle diet in January and I am telling you, it was hard to do, but after I was all done I felt great!

John good to see you! don't work to hard.

I think it was great to have such a busy day here yesterday!!!! you guys are the best!!! It was very nice to have MO stop by!!!!
Last night at the last minute I decided to go to temple. I spoke to my Rabbi's wife earlier in the afternoon and she asked me to think about coming over at least to be there for the apple and honey ceremony (signifies a round year w/out any "corners" and the honey is for a sweet year. I called FIL and he came over to watch Sean, he is a great FIL I love him. I am glad we went thought.

I am tired, very tired, Sean is home sick again, he threw up a lot yesterday, at night and today, he has 102.5 fever, we are going to see the pediatrician at 1:30, I am wiped! I took the little dude to the vet at 8 like the asked me to. I was told they were going to start surgery at 9 and I would hear from the vet before she started, I just realized it is almost 10 and have not heard a word. The little guy is getting neutered, they are going to clean his teeth they said they may just need to be polished as they were not too bad, and they are removing the cyst on his tail. All for a wapping $1200... I have no idea how much the insurance I got for him will cover, I am not to impressed with the damn insurance. I have to go lay down for a little while I am going to collapse I am so tired! I am going to try to go to services later today if FIL can watch Sean for a little while before I take him to the dr.

See you all later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hanna, sorry Sean is feeling soo cruddy, hopefully it's just a quickie virus.

Reality Mom,

Hey, something good finally happened...the appliance repair guy was just here and we're probably getting a new dishwasher! Yay!! Probably not a new cooktop, but he said they should be able to repair it.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #15  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi All! Wow, I feel like a celebrity, and I didn't even parade around town without my thong on. Thong, th thong thong thong!

Roo Shmoo: Hey Tiger! Rrrrrrrawwwwr baby! Hey there, I have several friends that are on WW and they have had great success with it so I think you should go for it sweetness!!!

Hanna: I would feel weird w/o wearing deoderant too! Blech...and I have eaten coconut oil as part of my thyroid diet crap....and turning around to smear that in my pits...but I might use that somewhere else....instead of those edible oils that cost a fortune (Sheila-see I found another use!) LOL Hey baby doll-good luck with everything medical/insurance that is always so frustrating just for a single person...and a family-especially with all the challenges you face...yeeesh!

Joan: You little angel on loan from heaven-how the heck wrapped in a chili dog w/extra cheese and onions are ya? What else is on the breakfast menu for Saturday? I might have to do a road trip! LOL Anyone else wanna join me?

Has Tina stopped through here @ all since I was away playing on that "other" site? ???????

Ok, back to signing bench warrants to arrest my failure to appear happykins!

Love ya all, MO

Last edited by mjoste; 09-13-2007 at 01:26 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote