South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5 ' 2"

Default unnecessary comments .

hi everyone, hope you all had a good day.
I just have beff to air, why do some peolpe feel that it is so necessary to comment of my weight, i went from a size 10-12 to a size 4-6, I think i look good, my husband always says i look good, but there are certain peolpe who say you look way too skinny, too bonie, looking "old", I am not being vain but I do not look any of thoes things( only the ladies say thoes things by the way).
I sometimes start to feel bad about my self, and start to look at my self.
They also have to comment on my food choices, this drives me crazy, I make a lunch every day, it always looks and taste wonderful to me, but I can almost bet money on the fact that some one will say " I could not eat that kind of food every day"or " thats just a fad diet!!!", this is while they are eating their
pizza or subs!! so I find myself eating alone to avoid such comments.
I have been on the beach for 18 months, and this is no way a fad diet.
phew, I feel better thanks, just off to make my lunch, which I shall eat alone.
june65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow, that sounds like jealousy to me! It's sad that people act that way, but at least now you know who your real friends are. Keep doing what you are doing. You are awesome!!!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5 ' 2"

thank you for your kind comments,
I wish I could say I dont care, but obviously I do, I guess I should just become deaf to their comments, but some times words can hurt.
But you are right, my husband always says they are just jealous, and he is proud to have me as his wife, that make me feel good.
june65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #4  
Cindy

S/C/G: 289/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Anytime someone makes a comment about how you look or eat, just smile and think to yourself "wow I must really look good to incite all this jealousy from other women!" I wish I was where you are now! Don't worry about others, you're doing great!
cinderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #5  

It sounds like pure jealousy to me as well. When someone makes a comment to you regardling ANY of those things ... just do what I do when people keep asking me when I'm going to get married. You look at them and say, " Wow. I'm perfectly happy with myself. You seem to be more worried about it than I am. I wonder why that is? " and then walk away.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

"It seems the last time I checked, lunch was a personal choice. Enjoy yours, and I'll enjoy mine."

My yoga teacher has an answer when someone is personal and a bit rude. She says, "Thanks for noticing."

Sorry, it does hurt, but I'm sure there are lots who it happens to.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/128/115

Height: 5'2"

Did you lose the weight quickly? How long did it take? Maybe that is why they feel the need to comment. Anyway, enjoy your success--it sounds as though you look great and you are the envy of all those people!
diane1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I can relate to that a bit even though I got a long way to go family was thinkn I was starving myself when I wasn't then after that I tried to and it didn't work! My sister gets that a lot too bcuz every1 was used to seeing her a lot heavier ppl tell her she looks sick when she is beautiful! I hate jelous people! just ignore as long as ur happy is all that matters
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

I wouldn't be so quick to automatically dismiss comments as simple jealousy. Who is making the comments that you look too skinny, boney, or old? Is it loved ones who are concerned (maybe overly so) at you weight loss? Or is it acquantinces at work? Is it your doctor? Size 4-6 doesn't seem unreasonably small at your height at all, so chances are it's just people who aren't used to your new weight.

Having said that--several years ago, my sister did a weight-loss challenge and she got very, very thin. She was working out twice a day and eating hardly anything and she DID look very thin and gaunt. She did not look healthy; she looked skinny and drawn and hungry. Luckily she realized that she was not in a healthy place and she loosened up her plan a little till she got healthy.

So all I'm saying is consider the source. If people who love you are truly concerned, then at least consider their words. If your doctor is concerned, listen to her. Otherwise, just thank people for their concern and keep on doing what you're doing!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Chances are they are "haters." I do not discuss my weightloss with anyone--except here at 3FC. My disclaimer--I do have two very close girlfriends--both thinner--and we discuss it bunches when we are together. As I lost weight, I had lots of comments questioning methods. I would just answer.."whole foods and running..thats it"...if someone persisted in discussion I got into my spill on nutrition and believe me ...that would bore ANYONE to tears! I rarely get anyone that says anything to me anymore regarding weight.

Of course you could always come back with Dr. Phil's answer for everything and ask the person.."and how's that pizza workin' for ya?"
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/169/120

Height: 5'3

Default de javu

wow! in the last office i worked in, the women all did the same thing to me before i'd even actually lost any weight! just choosing to lead a healthier lifestyle was a threat to them. so my response? i stopped eating around them, found a pair of other women who wanted to get healthy and lose weight, and started a walking group that grew to include the AP and almost the entire AR departments!

your success and good looks are a threat to them b/c you remind them of what they have chosen not to do... GET HEALTHY! you can come back with witty, snide comments when they act jealous or you can just smile, thank them for their concern, and offer to share whatever food you've brought with you. kill em with kindness
that1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

>"and how's that pizza workin' for ya?"
^Love that!!

Yes, I agree with other posters. They are probably jealous of your success but I expect the primary motivation for making those comments is to reassure themselves that they *shouldn't* give up their normal (fatty, high-calorie) lunches. They probably look at you and subliminally think "Wish I could be like that!" then look at your lunch and think "No way I'm doing that!" and the result is to reject everything.

Congratulations on meeting your weight goal!!! You seem to be at a great place for your height.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:04 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I get comments like that sometimes at work too about my food choices. Usually for lunch I bring a big salad, a yogurt and some fruit or dinner leftovers...which seems perfectly normal to me. I get comments like "that's a lot of food for one person!" or "Don't you eat anything but healthy stuff?" and I just say "works for me!"

To me, my lunches look a lot better than a soggy ham sandwich on white bread, leftover pizza and the junk out of the machine other people eat for lunch. I look around and they all look tired.

The other day, early in the morning, a co-worker told me "Why are you always so damn happy in the morning?" I said "I don't know". But I knew the reason why. I eat well, fuel myself the way I'm supposed to and had just spent 2 hours at the gym, pampered in the steam room, felt all fresh and strong and my endorphins were flying!

Just be happy with yourself and let the snack cake eating crowd go...

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-24-2009 at 06:08 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I have similar problems at work. Then I was disciplined by the boss for me making a comment of "eating weird foods again" after someone made fun of me. Whatever. They can have all their pizza, cake, honey buns, nutter butters and other processed foods. They can continue to be overweight and unhappy, and pass it on to their children. I am proud of my new eating habits, and glad that's what my children see!! In a way, it does bother me. In another way, I'm very proud of myself, and even feel sorry for them that they are not open to healthy eating.

3FC will help you with support, that's for sure!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
In a way, it does bother me. In another way, I'm very proud of myself, and even feel sorry for them that they are not open to healthy eating.

3FC will help you with support, that's for sure!
It bothers me, too, but it seems it's just the foot in the mouth syndrome. It's kind of amazing to me, I was made fun of when I was fat, and yet the same people made comments when I wasn't. I haven't been back to Alaska since losing this time, and part of not going has to do with what others say. Next year I'm going, and I'm going to be strong enough not to care.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote