Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Wink Alternachicks chat -- April

hi Chicks! What are your goals for this month? Mine is pretty modest: I want to get thru without strangling anyone at work, AND walk my dog every day and go to Curves 3 times a week. It's modest, but it's what I can do at this point. So far, I have lost 3 pounds and feel good : ) Yay!
Hope everyone is having a great April so far,
anita
Old 04-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #2  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Hey Anita,

Congrats on the 3 pound loss! lol, I take it your co-workers are "special". My goal is to start exercising on a regular basis and not to blow my diet to bad tonight at the hockey game I am going to Those Nachos are soooo tempting.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #3  

I LOOOOOVVEE Monty Python! One of my students is writing about MP & the Holy Grail as an interpretation of the myth -- I loaned him my copy of the movie and said "if you don't love this movie there is something wrong with you!" My co-workers are...indeed...special! Yum, those nachos sound good, and I'm just reading about them! Hope it went well at the game -- maybe the excitement made it easier to resist the snacks.
anita
Old 04-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

me three! on luuurving monty python. my brother and i used to drive my parents crazy on roadtrips because we would keep ourselves amused by reciting our favorite passages over and over....never expect the spanish inquisition!

anita-good luck on not bludgeoning those "special" co-workers of yours. and congrats on ur weight loss!
skinnygina-eeevil nachos! as a snack type alternative how about popped&seasoned soybeans?

lessee..i have lost 10 pounds so far but after indulging in cheesecake over easter and then only partly sticking to the program when i was sick i haven't lost anything elso to date..my goal is to lose another 4-5 and also to start exercising!

cheers

jan
Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

Speaking of Monty Python . . .

The other night while watching Jeopardy with my husband one of the categories related to religious orders/groups. When one of the questions popped up we both yelled out "No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!" at the same time . . . and the answer was "What is the Spanish Inquisition?" I love Monty Python!

guynna - congrats! on the 3lb loss!

My goals this month are to drink more water at work and to get out and walk at lunch time now that the weather is nicer.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Yay! Oh, splendid - starting the April thread with Monty Python quotations!

Good job, team!

My goals for April? Hmm. Well...

- To reach 212lb (which hopefully I'll do by Monday), and beyond that to carry on losing between 1 and 2lb per week.

- To do 3 sessions of the C25k program every week.

- To progress onto Week 2 of the C25k program ('cause at the minute I'm just repeating Week 1 as many damn times as I want to until Week 2 feels manageable!)

- To return to the Bellydancing class I attended today each Saturday, building my core strength and flexibility and, perhaps more importantly, my confidence with my body.

- To stop acting like a gauche and tongue-tied 13 year old around the guy I fancy. Because, really, I am Too Old for that crap. Gah. (And although I'm not hanging out too much hope that he's going to suddenly go 'Why Fay! But you're gorgeous!', I'd at least like us to be FRIENDS, you know? Rather than friendly acquaintances. Because I think maybe we could be. But that would require me being myself around him, rather than turning all shy and crap and blushy.)

Last edited by broadabroad; 04-05-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Hey all I am gonna jump in here btw I love the holy grail my husband and I randomly quote it all the time :P

my goals for this month..
lose 6-8lbs by the end of the month
do awesome at my canadian idol audition which is next sat
exercise 30 min a day
drink alot of water!
Old 04-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

Hey all! Anita congrats on your 3lb loss!
This
Quote:
I want to get thru without strangling anyone at work
totally cracked me up! That's definitely one of my goals this month!

Seriously. I have a few goals for this month.

1) stay on plan as much as humanly possible
2) go to the gym 2x a week
3) work out on my elliptical while DB is cooking dinner
4) keep my promise to myself to NOT work a buttload of overtime at work

I would like to be a few pounds down this month. I'm scared to even say how much though, as if it might jinx myself.

Jan I totally flagged your email when I received it and promptly forgot to reply I am so bad!

Fay, Anita I put a little update in my other thread...
Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #9  

hi all --
Jandaman, isn't it weird how we an regress to that gawky stage whenever we LIKE someone?? Sounds like everyone is feeling (pretty much) on track and motivated; I might have to check out that C25K thing, I had never heard of it before.

Irishfairy, that is so cool! Do you sing? dance? spin plates? (anyone else remember those old acts on the Ed Sullivan show??)

Renee/Velveteen, glad to hear from you : )

I have been in New Orleans (N'Awlins) for a few days for a conference and have eaten _very well_, in both senses of the word, usually -- lots of dishes made with beans and rice and fresh veggies, but the parties with free drinx, well.... : )

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

"WHAT is your favorite color?"
"Red. No --- blue! Aaiiiiiighhhh!"

anita
Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #10  

guynna: lol....just sing I am so nervous yet excited can't wait
Old 04-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5˝

So I woke up this morning with the Old Bat having already arrived... I thought "great, all that work this week and now it won't show on the scale..."

Nope. DOWN 4.3 lbs!!!! WHOO HOO!!!

I haven't been this excited about losing weight since... probably a year ago at least!

IrishFairy I'll be crossing all crossables for you and your audition!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #12  

velveteen: CONGRATS!!!!!!! 4.3 is awesome!! I only lost a lb this week and I am a little disappointed. thanks for crossing..everything for me lol. only 6 days
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #13  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Congrats on the 4.3!!

"The parrot is dead, it cease to exist" Yes I also do go around quoting monty python as well. I admit I have a problem and do not want to change it

good luck irish fairy with your audition. I sing to just no one wants to hear me

Oh and an update on the hockey game. It was very sad indeed, when we got there it was sold out except fro standing room only and me and my roomie was not at all eager about that. So i didn't have the nachos, but of course that left us without an activity so we migrated to a restaurant for dinner and a few drinks. OH WELL *slaps forehead* I didn't gain so i suppose that is the important part.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #14  

ola guapas!

sunday afternoon, weather is super-sucky. drank too much. too much karaoke. and ate half a leftover easterbunny. i feel dreadful;( clean slate as of monday..that's what mondays are good for, i guess.

hey irishfairy so cool that ur auditioning...break a leg or...waddevah they sayin show biz
anita you got me totally mixed up w/broadabroad but i can still relate to the gawky insecurity
it's nice to see you around and i'm glad ur doing better, velveteen. and no worries..i always did wonder what those lil flag thingumabobs were for *grin* congrats on shedding the poundage.yay!
skinnygina-- stoopid question: vot ees chi-town? or vere ees eet?
enjoy ur sundays

toodle pip y'all!
jan

"come back here, it's just a scratch!"
Old 04-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #15  

"one more thin mint...."
Closed Thread