Old 07-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #1  
Living the Laguna life...

Default ALWAYS hungry!

ok, well i'm not always hungry, but most of the time. i have the hardest time with food in the morning, and i need some suggestions. for example, this morning at 7:00 i had 1 egg (scrambled), a piece of wheat toast, and 1/2 cup of fruit w/ cottage cheese. when i got to work i had cup of coffee, but by 10:00 i was STARVING. this happens to me all the time! i will have this huge breakfast and then be hungry a few hours later. so i scarfed a yogurt w/ a cup of fiber cereal and now i am full, but i feel like i have been eating so much! the afternoons are usually better, but sometimes i get really hungry then too. then by the time i get home from working out (around 8) i don't even want any of the yummy dinner that i make because i'm not hungry! do you have any advice for foods that might help me stay full longer? thanks!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #2  

this used to happen to me too, exactly. I changed two things. I changed to a much smaller breakfast first, it was hard but after two weeks the cravings changed completely and I started drinking green tea when I get that INTENSE craving at 10 am. I could not believe how much this changed things for me.

Good Luck! I do feel your pain.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Since you are not usually hungry at dinner you could move those calories up to earlier in the day? And plan a mid-morning snack. Depending on how much you are eating at lunch and dinner you could even add some calories in the morning. Also I would try adding some protein it is supposed to fill you up for longer.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #4  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried oatmeal for breakfast? It has protein in it too, and I can go for HOURS without eating after I've had a good bowl of Kashi oatmeal with some vanilla soy milk poured in and a handful of fruit. I've never felt full after eating an egg (or two) with toast.
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #5  

As usual I agree with Skinnyjeans, I'd also add maybe a complex carb with fiber for your breakfast (think oatmeal with fruit) because that helps you stay full longer
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

just another idea...

Have a midmorning snack...some unsalted roasted peanuts'...protein

Eat more veggies, green ones! The keep you feeling full, and give you energy to last a few more hours then carbs

Afternoon snack, more protein...peanut butter and celery

stole this from my sbd diet
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:15 PM   #7  
Jenna

This is what I do: I wake up early before work and work out, during my work out and while getting ready I end up drinking so much water that it fills me up. When I get to work I drink some coffee and eat a hard boiled egg. Possibly an hour later when I get hungry again I'll have a fat free yogurt and a Diet Snapple. Next thing I know it is time for lunch! An egg and yogurt have really filled me up, I've tried other things but sometimes carbs in the morning just makes me hungrier.
mmmLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

thanks for all the suggestions! i am definitely going to try the tea thing...that is a great idea because tea definitely fills me up. i think trying oatmeal is a good idea too...i know in the past oatmeal had been good to me and i definitely have been eating more calories earlier in the day than later...it is just hard when i am at home because dinner is a family thing that is always served around nine...not great for a diet! even when i am not hungry its hard to resist just a couple of bites of something my mom's made. thanks again everyone!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote