Old 02-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #226  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

For all those who like to weigh in a little early for the upcoming week. Week 5 weights are still open, see the link in my signature to submit your Week 5 weight! The charts for week 5 will be made tomorrow.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

FINALLY have a good weigh in this week. 126 today, up from 124 yesterday, which is definitely the lowest weight I've been since 2009 When I get below 121 it will be my lowest weight since... probably age 15, half a lifetime ago! Crazy. I will probably have a little bump up again this week through, with both the super bowl and mardi gras. But then when Lent starts I'm getting serious and cutting out sweets and carbs so I'll get back on track right away.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my grandma. She is hanging in there and was moved back to her apartment on hospice 2 days ago. Now I'm just really hoping that she holds on until after my Bahamas trip (which I have been looking forward to and working so hard to lose weight for), is that completely selfish of me?? That's another 2 weeks though, so I'm kind of mentally preparing myself to have to cancel my trip. Bummer

----------------

HDWD- That's exactly the cycle that I'm on too lol. Just hoping that every Friday I can get a little lower than the week before.

Dayone- Glad this is a good week for you

Wemakesparks- I'm the same, the more I lose the more I am motivated to keep losing. Which is great when I am losing, but if I'm not it's easy to get stuck.

NNS- I think we are happy to have you, however much you want to post! Great job with maintaining despite things being crazy, I definitely think at times just not gaining is worth celebrating.

Ultrapeaches- Sorry you are not feeling great about your body right now, I know that's really hard. Sounds like maybe some shopping could do you some good. I buy almost all of my clothes at thrift stores, maybe you could try that if you don't think you'll be wearing them for too long.

Penny- Woo I love the water weight woosh!

Ries- Can't help you with the bra situation, my B cups are getting big on me I try to take a sip and put utensils down between every bite, I think it helps a lot with slowing you down and feeling more full, and doesn't make the meal any less enjoyable. That's an interesting tip about getting a smaller plate at a restaurant. Congrats on losing even despite treating yourself a little bit, sounds like you kept it under control!

runthecontinent- ooooh I love the dress! I totally understand wanting to look good when you see your ex, even though you don't still have feelings or anything. I have a wedding in June that it will be fun to buy a cute new dress for, especially if I can fit into a teeny size.
Tiny Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:25 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone, I have had a win with my week 1 weight loss; 1.8kg gone! Hoping for more this week Tiny Tiger, sorry to read about your loved one. I hope she improves soon xoxo
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #229  

Hello. I hope it's not oo late to join. My current and starting weight is 225 lbs and goal weight is 145 lbs.

Last edited by yuruppu92; 02-08-2016 at 08:56 AM.
yuruppu92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been really around these days. I'm moving house and I had no idea how tiring and stressful it could be. Ah well, hopefully it'll be over soon! I feel I can't eat right these days either.

I tried inputting my weight in the spreadsheet, and was surprise to find out it was blocked! Can't believe someone was still messing with it. Do kids these days have nothing better to do? :

Hope everyone is doing well!
And welcome, yuruppu92!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #231  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

Charts are top 15 biggest losers! If you want to join the challenge, please go to the first post of the thread and read the rules before joining. If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #232  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So yesterday was my first Superbowl experience since I moved to America last April (woah, almost been a year!) and I definitely succumbed to the snacky atmosphere a bit. I had chips and guac/salsa, these awesome cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon and some cheeseless nachos. I drank loads of water and only had one alcoholic beverage (an old fashioned with sweet maple bourbon...mmm...). I have to admit, I don't like American football and wandered away after the truly disappointing half time show but I'm happy that the Broncos won since I'm in Colorado! Feels like every other person was sporting some sort of Broncos paraphernalia leading up to the game.

Before the game I went to see Hail, Caesar! at the theater - it was a disappointing film to say the least. I usually grab a bag of peanut M&M's and snack on those as a treat instead of getting popcorn, but because of the Superbowl we didn't want to risk getting held up in Target so I got a pretzel instead. I'm very much someone who if they don't eat when the hunger pangs come I'll start to feel sick. I got the salted pretzel and it was delicious but so greasy . It's the first time I've ever eaten a pretzel though, I like them but definitely not something to eat all the time.

This morning my weight is holding steady at 166 lbs, so I'm happy to not have gained anything after yesterday. I did a yoga workout in the morning too, the car is in the shop now since it needs a lot of repairs before we move to Atlanta so I'll have to do a lot of home workouts for the next 3 days to keep up with my fitness schedule.

--------------------------

Tiny - Wow, well done on such a loss! You're so close to an all time low! I'm still chasing the weight I was at when I was 17...which is still overweight which should tell you that I've never actually experienced what it's like to be a healthy weight in my adult life o_O. So weird to think of what I'll look like when I'm smaller. Sorry, off on a tangent again! Good luck with Lent, sweets and carbs are a huge one for me! I understand your feelings about your trip - you've been so excited for it and you've worked so hard towards it that it would be a huge deal to cancel it. But I'm sure if anything does happen leading up to it you won't think twice about knowing it's the right thing to do. Either way, it's a tough time for you, you're doing so well with your health so that's something to be really proud of!

caldawg - Congrats on the loss! What's the diet you're following?

yuruppu - Welcome! I've added in your stats.

anity - Hope your stresses will be over soon! I'm going to be moving in a couple of months time, I will be joining you. Ugh, tell me about it! The a$$ gnome was tampering with one week and added a "you thought you could stop me" note. I had to laugh, because I knew my plan to lock the entire sheet was plan B! Now we really did beat him and we can continue on without stopping the challenge
Old 02-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi Riestrella, I am following the eating plan of my local gym as I am doing a 12 week challenge. It is low carb and low sugar, but isn't depriving me of anything, and you can eat larger portions of food, the healthier that they are. I don't count calories or anything, I just follow the plan, which is really structured, and I need that. I hope everyone has a successful week! Don't beat yourself up about superbowl, slip ups happen and I bet you are already back on the bandwagon now
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #234  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Anyone who has recently been added as a contributor to the spreadsheet after sending me their g-mail might have still had issues updating their weights - all is fixed now thanks to Minerva Moo making me realise I no longer needed to lock the spreadsheet since anyone with the link can only view. Sorry for any confusion!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-08-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #235  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Rie this may help you for next time especially if you get it with no salt or butter.
http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/health-food-face-popcorn-vs-pretzels

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 02-08-2016 at 11:26 PM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #236  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Rie this may help you for next time especially if you get it with no salt or butter.
http://www.prevention.com/food/healt...rn-vs-pretzels
Thanks for that, that was really useful! I guess I went for the pretzel because I wanted something with a bit more...density? If that makes sense! I'd had a lot of popcorn on my previous trips to the theater and needed a change; regardless I shouldn't be eating anything from there and bring my own healthy treats. It's always an eye opener to see the facts though!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

HI! I'd like to join. Will this run all year?

SW:213.8
CW:213.8
GW:180
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #238  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Yesterday was "errand day". My BF and I have our weekend on Sunday and Monday and Monday always ends up the day we do all the errands we need to get done. We also treated ourselves to a Snarf's sandwich, a local chain that makes delicious sandwiches. I got a 7 inch meatball sub with no cheese...so delicious. We didn't get a sugary drink and I stuck to water which I was happy about. I also declined dinner for the evening, which I'm glad I did because it was a double burger and fries! I started out well by eating baby carrots and hummus but ended up nibbling on a couple of spare fries and helped the BF finish a cheesecake. Didn't need it, wasn't that hungry, just being stupid. This is why I'm fat, people!

Despite the hiccup at the end of the day I'm down from 166 lbs to 165.2 lbs this morning, so I'm happy about that!

We watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya, a beautiful Ghibli film that I'd highly recommend to anyone who has the patience to watch animation that isn't specifically for children. Don't get me wrong, I love a good kids film, but Kaguya very much felt like a film for adults. The animation is truly breathtaking too.
I also got back to my Japanese study for the first time in a while. I left Japan feeling embarrassed that I didn't learn the language, so I'm determined to remedy that so when I return I can speak the lingo. The BF is conversationally fluent so he's been helping me, it's nice having someone around to help! It's also part of my plan to try and practice a hobby at least once a day to make me a better person. I don't want to be a person who just works and watches TV.

I have a deadline for Friday afternoon, I'm confident that if I put the hours in I'll be absolutely fine. I'm hoping I can get the project finished way before Friday so I can take the time to focus on myself. Is anyone a Sailor Moon fan? I just got this t-shirt to workout in, I love that it's nerdy but could still just be another t-shirt design! The website has loads of other cool t-shirts too. I'm waiting to see if their x-large will fit me, I'm hoping it does! If not, free returns, woohoo!

Feel free to disregard the following lists, I'm posting this for my own benefit more than anything!

Good habits practiced yesterday:
  • Drank all the water I needed to
  • Refrained from getting soda/extras with sandwich
  • Declined dinner to keep in calorie range
  • Practiced mindful eating - ate slowly, paused between bites

Bad habits performed yesterday:
  • Went over calorie limit when I didn't need to by...
  • Eating fries
  • Helping BF finish cheesecake

Things I need to work on:
  • Keeping within calorie limit - need to resist temptation foods!
  • Thinking before I eat: "Am I really hungry or just craving?", "Do I NEED to eat this?", "Will this make me healthy?"
  • Continuing to drink lots of water
  • Continuing to practice eating slowly and listening to my body

-------------

debest - Welcome! I've added you to the Spreadsheet. No, this challenge doesn't run all year but rather to March 13th. However I continually run these types of challenges throughout the year. The next one will be "Sizzling for Summer" which will take us into the warmer months!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-09-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh! Awesome! Glad I found my way here.
I'll be working hard to get on that leaderboard
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #240  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Really excited to be making progress slowly but surely

For some reason I have been able to keep my focus and motivation over the last few months. My last dayoneagain was in September and at yesterday's weigh in I hit 25 pounds lost, which just feels a bit unreal. I'm just taking things one day at a time, not putting too much pressure on myself to be perfect, but exercising hard and eating well. Part of me is a bit scared I might jinx myself, but after being on (and off) a diet for more than half my life...the last fifteen years...(!) I am really starting to feel like I might have this sussed!

Last edited by dayoneagain; 02-09-2016 at 03:09 PM.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote