Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

I was standing at 150.2 lbs this morning, and without giving too much information, I believe that I should hit the 40's very shortly.

I took my measurements last Friday and in a week, I lost 1.5 " on my bust (Alleluia!) and 1 3/4 " on my hips. I had my periods this week, so this might explain the good results.

Dottington - A size four is fantastic and ideal for your height. It means you have muscles and you are fit. Congrats. Do not focus on the scale. I remember that as a teenager, my friends were always stunned by my weight. I had very little body fat and was fitting in the smallest jeans. They thought I was in the nineties, but I was around 110 lbs.

I do not know if you can do this at home, without professional help, but you should focus on your body fat percentage (or measurements if you can't).

So, let's keep on keeping, ladies!
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Well I went off plan and enjoyed some crappy snack foods with friends last night BUT I have a happy NSV today - I just had to take in my numbered armbands to wear for my derby game tonight, given that I've lost roughly 2" off each arm since I made them last season and they are thusly wayyyyy too saggy to wear now, even over my elbow pads. Yay!!
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #93  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi everyone! I thought I'd stalk this thread a bit since I'm so close to the 150s! I've not been this close in over 10 years!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Matisse Thanks! Yeah I'm not sure what my bf % is, but I've been really focusing more on measurements than the scale, honestly I don't care if I don't lose another lb as long as I reach my measurements goals Congrats on the loss of inches and for the loss on the scale! You're doing so well

dehtripper 2inches off each arm is amazing! I went off plan tow a little the last few days, but remember its not about being perfect all the time, its good to take time off every now and then

amandie Oh my gosh! You're soooo close to the 50s! Can't wait for you to join us

So yeah been a little of plan, but its kind of been a planned going off plan thing if that makes any sense? lol After doing the 20 day challenge, which was super intense emotionally, mentally, and physically, I knew I'd need a few days at the end of this month to relax from dieting. I'm really excited for the next 20 day challenge though. It really helped me a lot with discovering things about myself and staying focused
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #95  

Amandie - glad to see you're so close. Hope the 150's arrive, post haste!

Thanks Dottington I have no false hopes of being perfect, cause its just not realistic. Loosing weight is nice and all, but its summertime and I sure as heck don't want to miss out on fun/life just to drop an extra 0.XX lbs.

Whatever the scale shows this week, I'm happy overall with how I've been feeling/doing. I'm really enjoying lifting on a proper schedule - its given me the change up from just running that I needed for my cross-training.

What are these 20-day challenges?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #96  

dehtripper So glad things are going well and you're feeling good! The 20-day challenge is something Riestrella set up. Its like a super hard core challenge where you make a pledge for 20 days and you're out if you go back on a pledge even once. It was really challenging but incredibly rewarding and motivating I pm'd her and she said she'll do one for August but maybe not till later in the month so people have more time to sign up.

So I'm working piano camp at my school, except my job is way different then most people's. Its my job to basically entertain parents during the day, and families during the evenings so I'm not actually participating in the camp its self at all. My bff is doing it with me. Today we met the parents, did a powerpoint presentation, gave a tour of the school, took some parents from out of town to the grocery store(they're from Samoa!), and to lunch. Got snacks for our movie night tonight and now have a couple hours of relaxing. Its really exhausting and has taken weeks of planning and work, but its all coming together well.

So I've decided to do my own 5 day challenge starting tomorrow, just for myself I'm going to not eat any chips, do my strength workout 2x, and eat every two hours. Simple, but I've found that writing things down makes me stay accountable.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #97  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Hey yallll

Well I'm new here as I'm sitting at 159. Trying to get down to 145. If not 140. So here we go. I'm also trying the warrior 90 on hasfit.com has anyone else heard of it?
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #98  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

Re-joining you all. again :P I will try and be more consistant this time! 153.5lb this morning. Xx
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #99  

Hmmm, I the 20 day challenge sounds interesting. I did a sort of self challenge for the first 28 days when I started. Its so much easier to stay true 100% when its a tangle amount of time vs. forever.

Also - weigh in today. Gained last week but NOT this week Lost the little bit I gained last week and then some (3lbs total). I am officially in the 140's!!!! It took me way longer to get out of the 150s than any other decade in my journey thus far so I'm relieved. I feel like singing 'So Long, Farwell' to the 150's (a la Sound of Music).

Three more pounds till normal weight!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #100  

Ariannag Welcome! You are so close to your goal I haven't heard of it, what is it?

Lilbert Welcome back!

dehtripper That is so wonderful! Congratulations! Yeah I find smaller type challenges to be much easier to follow.

So my own mini challenge is going well. Some unforseen things came up yesterday, but overall I made a lot of healthier choices from feeling motivated Today should be easier to stay on plan.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #101  
Real Life Fitness Coach

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Well I had finally gotten myself down to 151 the other day but I had a girls weekend Andover the course of two days of eating salty foods it skyrocketed to 155.9!! It's taken me all this week to lose the water and get down to 152.9 but ugh...I've realized that its just so not worth it to do that anymore. :-(
RedRose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

Ohhh girls! I am going to attempt to rejoin you once again. Every time I decide to come back it lasts for all of one week then I go off plan. But I am really going to try harder. I am an OB nurse and I work 12 hour shifts. Its a crappy excuse but I get up at 4am and don't get home until 6:30 pm. Working out and eating healthy is a huge struggle for me. I hired a personal trainer a couple weeks ago, and that has helped to at least keep me accountable for exercise. But I am going to try to work on my eating habit a bit, because that is where I really really struggle. I am so picky that finding healthy foods that taste good are very hard to come by. Anyways... I hope to stick around now for a while and get out of these darn 150s and then 140s for good!
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #103  

Up 0.2lbs this week but that's ok. I noticed my "new" spandex shorts were sliding down playing frisbee yesterday so thats a good sign I guess. This week I signed up for Lose it! (I normally do WW online) as I really want to start looking at my macros. I'm going to try a week of the ratios suggested in New Rules for Lifting (30:30:40 with carbs being 40) and see how that works/how I feel. I haven't changed what I'm doing in a while so perhaps its time for a switch up.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

I noticed recently that I do not belong here as an ancient fortysomething -- damn New Post button - but I wanted to say that I saw 149.4 lbs on Monday. Since then, it's been 150.0 and 150.2 lbs, but since my body seems to be alternating between low and high weights, it feels good to have a high weight barely at the edge of the 150's. See ya' sucker 50's!

I have been on this weight loss journey for close to three weeks now, and I must say, that my expectations were totally out of whack as far as numbers go, but I am learning!
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #105  

Hey guys! I've been super busy, sorry for being gone!

redrose well the important thing is that you learned from the experience! You'll be back down in no time as long as you keep at it

samanthadaisy that is a really tough schedule! Maybe just try making really small changes in your diet at first so that you don't get overwhelmed? That's great you've been working out though!

dehtripper I like watching macros, I find I'm most satisfied when eating high protein and high healthy fats Hope you figure out a nice ratio that works for you!

Matisse That's great! And you totally do belong here! I hope you'll stay around

Blah, have been sick from last week. Weight is the same. Meh. This week I've been doing really well with eating though so I'm hoping for a loss. Also starting another 20 day challenge and I know that will really motivate me