Old 05-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #106  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in. I sort of blew it yesterday eating wise, but my run was fantastic. I didn't jump on the scale this morning for fear of a sodium gain, but will be sure to weigh in tomorrow. Today is a rest day and it's dreary dreary dreary outside, so I'm fighting the urge to sit and eat all day.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #107  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

missy great job on the run! That is awesome.

So I ran last night on the treadmill and today outside and I am about a half a mile behind what I usually run which is ok i guess after nothing for 2 weeks. Still have to weigh myself in a minute hope its ok and not horrible. Also its tom soooo I might be holding water. Gonna try and get back to eating well again, I fell off that wagon hard! haha hope you all have a great day!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #108  
Krissy Missy

Yesterday's calories were in check, and this morning's WI was 132.2 (up .4 from my weekly WI). I'm happy that it wasn't any higher, given how much I pigged out the day before yesterday.

Today it's very dark and rainy outside, and it's supposed to thunderstorm pretty much all day. So much for my run :/ I might still go if it clears up this afternoon (we're supposed to get a 2 hour reprieve), we'll see. The forecast for the rest of the week is clear skies, and since I'm running 3/7 days a week I can play with my schedule a little bit.

Yesterday I went out for a little retail therapy and bought a really cute yellow sundress to wear to this weekend's upcoming festivities (re: bachelorette party!). This afternoon I've got an appointment to get my hair colored, so I'm looking forward to that. Also my mom finally made it here last night, well, technically this morning as she got here at 12:30am. That's a long story, so I won't get into it, but I'm happy she made it.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #109  
Krissy Missy

Sun – Good for you getting right back on the horse! How did your WI go?

Riestrella – Bummer on the Mexican place! I love good Mexican food, and we’ve got a really tasty authentic restaurant here. On taco Tuesday you can get hard or soft shelled tacos for a dollar each, and can pick from chicken, beef, chorizo, pastor, or veggie. They are out of this world! Should you ever find yourself in Michigan, let me know, LOL!

Stripe
– That stinks about your sister’s wedding, I hate when I look fat in pictures. For a long time I was in a little bit of denial about how big I had gotten and it wasn’t until looking at pictures of myself that I realized my true size. Yeah, DQ is a dangerous place! One that my DH loves to go to though… And I foresee more trips there in the future as it gets warmer. It’s just one of those things that I’ll have to budget for, and only go there if I walk or bike, no driving! Sorry your weekend didn’t go so well. How’s the week been holding up for you so far?

Last edited by Missy Krissy; 05-28-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella Aw, annoying about the mexican food! New scales are always interesting, because there are always slight variances between brands. I am glad the ones I have now (new a few months ago) seem to be at least the same as the ones at the doctors... even if I don't like the numbers I see. You can do this, if you've seen the 140s before you will see them again! Yeah I so don't want to order a salad at a restaurant! Partly because some types of lettuce frighten me. Like not literal fear, but more like what if it comes and it's the type of lettuce I don't like and then I won't really have anything to eat. Bad, huh. Man, I could do with a homemade burger. I think I'll skip the kidneys though! Maybe I'll get some chicken livers... although I can't remember if they're actually good for iron.

sun Welcome back Good to see you around. Hope you can get back on the wagon, at least you're still running!

Missy Feel you on the thunderstorms! I did NOT run last night, because we had a huge cold snap, like coldest it's been all year yet, looks like winter is well and truly on it's way. There was hail and thunder and the temperature was like.. 7 degrees celsius (44 fahrenheit..) which is cold for us here. I guess I should get used to those temperatures though! Yay for retail therapy, I am JEALOUS. I really want to buy things at the moment, I feel like my style is sort of evolving a bit but I can't afford to be buying clothes at the moment! I am definitely going to have some kind of shopping blowout when I get to your hemisphere, I'm even thinking a trip to outlets I've read about outside of Seattle might be in order haha. How is your hair??

~I ran Monday, but not Tuesday. It's Wednesday now. I wanted to run yesterday, but it was SO cold (for us anyway...) and pouring with rain, and hail, and there was thunder - excuses, excuses I know...but it's looking pretty clear outside today, so even if it is cold, I'm going after work today.

I went a couple hundred calories over yesterday, just ate a couple of pieces of garlic bread I probably shouldn't have, but I was only on 1500 calories all up so not really too terrible. Weight is floating around 62.6/62.8kg (138/138.4 pounds) so I should probably adjust my ticker - though I am sure I'll be back on that weight tomorrow...

It's ridiculous how badly I want to see something below 62kg!! I've been so close but haven't got there this time yet. Man... when I get below 60kg I will be celebrating SO hard. I really want that to happen before my big move.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

rie I ended up not moving to Japan because my mom was totally against it. I'd never been before and I think she was terrified that I'd somehow lose my way and be in a pit of despair. Typical Mom. The BF and I have decided to go next fall. Are you still going to be there? I know it's good that I'm off medifast. I feel like because it comes off so fast, it's harder to maintain. Hopefully all this running will be worth it. I feel you on wanting to reach the 140's. I've done it before and know I can do it again. I just have to get my a$$ in gear!

krissy 8 months and 50 pounds? That's amazing. I look at your progress and your ticker and I'm so jealous, haha. Having baby weight terrifies me. Well, not just the baby weight, the whole baby thing in general. Hopefully by the time I have one I'll be past my phobia. I went hiking this weekend. It was a 2 mile paved hike, but completely uphill. My legs were screaming at me all the way up. It felt good to do it though, 20 minutes up so not bad. Wish I took my camera. Next time. Unfortunatley we have to stick with wider trailed hikes or paved ways. I'm allergic to the grass and a lot of plants so I get this nasty rash. Can't wait to see the pics of your dress!

rainbow Hahaha, I was just thinking that my stomach needed support of it's own. You had quite an eating adventure! I love burgers and fries. I haven't had fries in I don't know how long. I'm afraid if I eat them I'll not like them because my tastebuds have changed and my dreamy idea of them will be shattered. Haha.

sun yay! You're back!

Thank you for the sentiments everyone The BF is doing okay - he doesn't really seem to be phased at all. I think I'm more upset than he is. He's got this weird resentment toward his family because his parents put so much responsibility on him as a kid, so I think he's just salty at his whole family and is really detached. We talked about it and he cried about it (he probably wouldn't want me to tell you that, haha), but we're on a path to get through it.

Needless to say I haven't been making the *best* choices, but I haven't been overdoing it either. I'm eating considerably less than I used to but still feel ridiculously full. I think I need to stop myself before I hit that point. We had kaitenzushi (sushi on the belt) yesterday and I had 4 plates and felt so sick. I have been sticking to my running, though, which is good. I haven't jumped on the scale since maybe last week Thursday or Friday. I'm terrified.

Just finished W3D1 this morning and we went hiking over the weekend. Started working out in the mornings instead of the afternoons. I'm wondering if this will kickstart my metabolism during the day instead of working out then passing out immediately after. I feel like my 20 minute C25K workout isn't enough...I'm wondering if I can run a little more or do something else?

I made cookies yesterday and I brought them to work to share with coworkers. I keep staring at them and wanting to eat one but I must resist!! Stuff like this drives me nuts.

I have to go to Lanai for work tomorrow so I probably won't be around until Thursday, but I will try to check-in!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #112  
Krissy Missy

Stripe – I feel you on the not wanting to order a salad at a restaurant! Mainly because I make my own kick@ss salads at home and sometimes restaurant ones are just, well, blah. I’ve always wanted to go to Seattle, I hope you get the chance to go shopping there! Did you make it out for your run? I can’t wait for you to get below 62kg, you’re going to feel amazing. I bought some apples the other day and the sticker said that they were from New Zealand, and it made me think of you

Jmko – Thank you! I love my son more than life itself, but sometimes it just hits me that holy $hit I’m a mom! I have a baby! Woah! Good job hoofing it on your uphill hike! That stinks about the rashes, but it’s nice that you had a paved place to go. Great job keeping up with the running! Don’t be too afraid of the scale, it might be best to just get it over with. While I was researching C25K people said not to do any more running that what the program already has, because your body needs the time to repair and build up your muscle and endurance. Other forums have suggested doing some strength training, cycling, or even the elliptical to supplement the running. Of course, do what feels right for you!

Well, I bit the bullet and decided to go out for my run yesterday despite the drizzle, and I’m glad I did. DH was encouraging me, he told me that I don’t want to break my cycle and that I’ll feel better if I stay on track, and he was totally right. Unfortunately we lost our ipod though, so I had to run without music. What a buzz kill! I’m seriously considering buying a new mp3 player before my next run (planned for Friday) because I enjoy running so much more with killer beats.

Yesterday’s calories were on track, and this morning’s WI was 132.0, even though I at high sodium Chinese for dinner! (Don’t worry, I still weighed it out and calculated my calories)

Also yesterday when I got my hair re-colored I had my stylist add in a blonde streak at the front, and I love it! It makes me feel so fun and funky! DH really liked it too. Here’s a pic of me with my new hair and my new sun dress that I bought on Monday, I’m going to wear the outfit out for the bachelorette party this Saturday:

Nothing much planned for today, except DS has a make-up swimming lesson this morning, but DH is going to go in the pool with him because my hair shouldn’t be washed yet so that the color sets better. It’s funny, for the longest time I took no interest in getting my hair done or shopping for clothes, but now that I feel better about myself weight wise I’m so excited to do “girly” things like that! It makes me feel very feminine and confident, no longer like some golem living under a rock!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #113  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So the last few days I've been a bit down in the dumps. I weighed myself the other morning and completely got the number wrong - I'm actually back to 160 lbs. I don't know why it hit me so hard, I know it's just a number and it's not a reflection of my future but I felt so terrible about it! So the smart thing to do would be to focus and try really hard. Shame I'm not always a smart person =/. Ended up doing a bit of emotional eating. Nothing crazy, just a "eff it I might as well eat this spaghetti and why not have a few crisps because you have a salt craving." I know, it's dumb, I've got nothing to say that can redeem myself.

Today I met up with kawaii for dinner and a chat. We treated ourselves to ice cream afterwards, 2 members from a weight loss forum meeting up and going off plan - how ironic! It was a nice evening, except I tried on a pair of shoes I really wanted (seen them around on people) and I'm too big for Japan's largest in-store size. I have to walk my fat feet to the fat people shoe place! Bummer.
Edit: Just found the exact shoes I wanted but in one size larger, so I ordered them. I've never ordered from this store, so kinda worried it may never arrive but it's like the Amazon of Japan so fingers crossed! Here they are, I went for milky beige:

I think I know I'll snap out of this terrible mood soon. I think being super good, then being injured, then seeing a huge gain (to me it's huge) just threw me off completely. That puts my total re-gain to 11 lbs. It has to stop!!

---

Missy K - Ooh, post pictures of your new dress/hair! Edit: Haha, you posted at the same time as me!! You look stunning! Really like your hair, looks so bouncy! Great job on the run, your husband is right! Don't let weather stop you ;p. Unless it's really dangerous that is!!

rainbow - So I was super dumb, it IS liver that's full of iron! Duh. Sorry about that re-tard moment. I know what you mean about salad, it's so easy to mess up! Like if they slaver it in dressing that isn't nice it sucks. I will be celebrating with you, I just want to get back into the 150s and ZOOM into the 140s!!

jmko - Oh man, that sucks! You should have gone!! I was brought up in an environment where my parents gave me a lot of freedom, so I don't really get it when parents hold their kids back. Like, I know that she loves the cr@p out of you and didn't want you to be stranded somewhere depressed, but it's a great experience! But you can travel here so it's not a huge deal. I will not be here past September 2014...so if you're talking next fall as in the fall in 2013 then I'll be here! We should meet up =).
If you feel you can run more, RUN MORE! The C25K is a guide, but if you want to push yourself then go go go! Try running faster, that will always make you feel like you've done more!! You made cookies but didn't eat any?! You be crazy!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-29-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #114  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

missy super cute dress and hair. you look ready for summer my weigh in was ok. the same.

rainbow You are working so hard and will see that below 62 soon! keep going.

jmkp did you resist the cookies? hehe

riestrella aww sorry the stupid scale is acting up! Just keep going. you can do it. its a small set back. cute shoes by the way.

So yesterday was a dumb day eating wise. I wanted a bagel and I had one then i had a starbucks drink and etc. sigh. when will I learn its just not worth it? I am such a foodie. back on track today.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #115  

Krissy LOVE the hair!! And the dress is super cute, too!! I'm so jealous. I can never wear sun dresses. I think there's just something with my body shape that makes it look funny. Must be the fat! Once I drop the weight maybe they'll look as cute on me as they do on you! Glad you decided to go for your run. I'm always afraid if I don't go I'll get lazy forever!

Rie Cute shoes!! I think the milky beige is a great neutral color. Those would look super cute with a pair of jeans. But it's probably way too mushiatsui in japan right now for jeans. Fun that you got to meet up with kawaii! Japan probably wouldn't be until Fall 2014 so I'll probably just miss you.

Sun I don't know why it's so hard to resist food! My bf says we live to eat. We're such foodies and love trying new things! How's the running going? And yes! I did resist the cookies!

Finished W2D2 of my C25K run. My alarm went off at 415am (I KNOW, CRAZY EARLY!) because the bf had to catch a plane at 630am. I snoozed the alarm because the cat was cuddled up against me sleeping. I didn't want to wake him. I eventually rolled out of bed knowing if I didn't run this morning I'd feel way guilty. Unfortunately, it was late enough then that the bf couldn't run with me so I went solo this morning. It feels a little better not to worrry about someone else while running. I think I like running before the sun comes up, too. It's so much cooler.

My trip to Lanai yesterday was a lot of fun. It was disgustingly hot on one side of the island, but much cooler on the other. Got to see most of the island and stopped at cute little shops. I bought this little hanging thing and hung it up in my cubicle in front of my window.

I finally weighed and I'm back up to 160. I don't know what the heck is going on but it's really frustrating. I figured with the running I'd be dropping weight but I'm gaining. I want to feel like I can eat "normally" but make healthy choices and I don't want to be restricted to salads for the rest of my life. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking if I go back to kickboxing on my off-running days it may help? Not sure if it's because I'm only doing a total of about 10 minutes of running on C25K and it's not enough? Maybe I should jump on weight watchers? I don't know, I'm going nuts.

Last edited by jmko; 05-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

jmko I am right there with you and your frustration. I actually notice that on weeks where I am not exercising as much, I for some reason seem to see more loss on the scales. Which is ridiculous! But I figure that in the long run, even if it's frustratingly slow, at least exercising is healthy. If you're going to get fries, I think it would be best to make sure they're from somewhere you know does good fries. I am always on the lookout for "perfect" fries because they're my real guilty treat. I had some amazing ones a few weeks ago haha.

Missy Look at you in that dress! Hot! And your hair looks really cool too I know how you feel about running with music! I don't even think I would actually be able to do it without music. Even if the music I'm listening to isn't quite as good for some reason, I notice that I slow down! It's totally a mental thing, but I really need something I'm enjoying listening to to keep myself going!

Rie Cute shoes! Ugh... I so feel you on that weight thing. I keep telling myself "it's ok if i don't see x number again" and then I step on the freaking scale and I'm like nearly a kg over that number. My body is doing weird things at the moment, I guess you and I just need to hang in there. We're all right here for you and I'm sure you'll get that re-gain back off again. Don't even apologise re the liver/kidney thing haha, I have no idea what is full of what, I just thought about liver because I enjoy chicken liver hah!

sun Hang in there, I think it's ok, sometimes we have those days where it's hard to say no to a craving, and as long as it's not all the time (like me haha) then it's all good!! A bagel and a starbucks drink doesn't sound too terrible overall.

~So I was hoping to see a loss this week but I've more or less maintained. I have to remind myself NOT to weigh in the evening, even after I've run, because it's just a stupid idea that causes me to get annoyed with myself. Why I think I'll weigh less after a run in the evening is beyond me. I got annoyed because the weight wasn't what I wanted to see. But back at 62.6 this morning... which is about where I was last Friday. So no loss. And again, my weekend is looking to be a sociable (read: food filled) one. It's my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, so tonight I'm taking him out for dinner (not sure where yet) and a friend of ours has made him a surprise cake.

Tomorrow I'm sure there will be another birthday dinner for him and basically I am just at that stage where I'm kind of content with my body - or enough that I can go "oh one meal like this doesn't matter too much" - but the truth of it is that I know I keep putting myself in this position and then being annoyed that I didn't care enough in retrospect!

My boyfriend leaves for his 2 months of travel before Canada in a few weeks - and truth be told, I'm actually kind of looking forward to him not being around, if only for the fact that when he's gone my social life will probably drop off a lot, and therefore maybe I'll actually get a chance (even if it's a forced chance haha) to finally make a dent in this weight. I wish I had that same dedication I used to have when I was first losing the significant weight - I think it's just that I get so many comments now saying how good I look, and people telling me I don't need to lose any more weight that for some reason those comments probably just sit there as little excuses for me to eat that extra few calories (or few hundred...)

Anyway, I ran last night so that makes three runs this week. I was going to cut my run short, but then I remembered all the social stuff coming up so I did my usual length (just under 5km) and I'm glad I did. The cold is making it harder, my breathing is worse and for some reason my jaw joint gets super sore in the cold, but I must keep going!!

Hope you're all doing well. I can't wait for this weekend, it's a three day one so I'm looking forward to getting some rest in as well!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #117  
Krissy Missy

Rie – Thank you! Yeah, I’m glad I took his advice. How is Kawaii? I’ve been wondering where she’s been! Cool shoes, they look like a cross between high heels and tennis shoes. Sorry about the WI, I can relate. Chin up!

Sun – Thanks! How was your eating yesterday?

Jmko – Thank you so much! Great job getting up early and keeping with the running! I feel you on the bad WI (more on mine below). It’s possible that your body is retaining extra water from the exercise… Have you tried drinking more water? Sounds backwards I know, but it seems that the more water you drink the less you retain in your muscles. Sort of like a system flush. I’ve been told not to be surprised if I gained a little at first after beginning a new exercise regime, I guess that it’s pretty common but only temporary.

Stripe – Thank you! Have fun this weekend. I know what you mean about the food filled socializing, I’ve got a lot of pre-wedding festivities leading up to the actual wedding this weekend and all of them include food and/or drink. “I think it's just that I get so many comments now saying how good I look, and people telling me I don't need to lose any more weight that for some reason those comments probably just sit there as little excuses for me to eat that extra few calories” << OMG I could have written this myself! I can SO empathize with you! Maybe we need to do a challenge together! (After the birthday parties and wedding of course ).

Soooooo… Yesterday’s calories were happily in check, and I got in all my fruits and veg (a personal goal for me to get 5 servings in each day), BUT my morning/weekly WI sucked – 133.4. I’m really not pleased because that’s up 1.6 lbs from last week. Grrr! Gotta keep at it though. I think that clothes may be fitting better, and I recently was able to purchase a pair of pants in size 8 and a size 8 skirt, so maybe there’s been some progress? I don’t know. It just feels so f-ing slow, and filled with set backs. Looks like we’ve all had our share of crap WIs this week.

Today promises to be uber busy. I was up at 7 with DS, and while he played on the floor I made dinner (cowboy casserole) for my mom. She’s going to be watching DS tonight, tomorrow, and the day after for me so the least I can do is get some dinner made so that she has something to eat. I’m going to try to get her some shepherd’s pie made too so that she has a little variety. I’ve got to go out for my run this morning (oh, BTW, my mom found the missing iPod, hooray!) then DS has his swimming lesson. DH needs to go get his haircut today in preparation for all the festivities. I’ve got to pick up my bridesmaid’s dress today, as the alterations should be complete now. Then we’re meeting up with the bride and groom and other members of the wedding party for a casual dinner out on the town. *Whew* I’m exhausted just thinking about it! And tomorrow is going to be even busier.

I highly doubt that through all of this my calories will be in check. I’m not sure if I’m going to try to keep them on the lower side or just give myself permission to eat as I please this weekend. Thoughts? Advice?

Last edited by Missy Krissy; 05-31-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #118  

rainbow I gave in. I had fries yesterday. I had fries from McDonald's. And I LOVE fries from McDonalds. And they were still good. I don't know if I'm okay with that, haha. I think I'd rather have hated them and cut them out of my diet. Now that I know I still love them I think I'm in trouble! Hope you see a drop in the scales when your bf leaves. I know what you mean about having it harder with the bf around. My bf is a starch kid so that's all he eats.

Krissy I keep telling myself it's water retention but I can't imagine retaining that much water fo two weeks. I drink about 200 ounces of water daily and always have, so I don't know if I can drink any more of that. But I am wondering if maybe because we keep upping the exercise that your muscles keep retaining water because your muscles don't get used to it? Who knows. With the eating? I think you should just allow yourself to eat what you want. You may find that with that, you may not even want to eat the really bad stuff. I feel like I want to eat the bad stuff when I restrict myself (psychological thing). You'll probably make good choices, so just be happy. And then after the festivities are over, jump back on track. Maybe the eating off plan will give you that woosh you're looking for in the scale.

It's FRIDAY!!! And the bf told me I looked "slim" this morning. Might have just been the heels. Heels tend to do that.

So I ate bad things last night. Oh goodness. My bf's mom made chicken marsala so there was pasta. And she had those mini croissants again. I had two. Then the bf was on maui yesterday and brought home these famous cream horns. I had a mini one. Oh goodness. I had an english muffin for breakfast and I do have a salad with prosciutto and feta for lunch.

The bf and I have the weekend, then we go to vegas for a few days. I'm thinking of maybe doing weight watchers when we get back? Is that even worth it? I don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life reading lables and counting points but maybe it'll be okay for the weightloss portion? I don't know. Thoughts?