Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #121  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

WHEW, I need to catch up!

gracie: what is this I hear of a musical scale? I'd love something that would do a TADAAA noise if I lost!

aka: Try an adblocker for your internet browser? I use one in Chrome and I don't get any ads on 3FC or other sites!

bea: I feel you on the homework front! I've found taking mini study breaks to do some exercise makes me more alert and, as you found, gives me more energy!

jmko: I had to turn to Google to find out what Jordan almonds were.. that sounds super tedious A luau sounds fun, though! How was it?

Fattitude: Yay for free margaritas! How'd you win them? Also, eww @ that banana.. it's amazing what you find hidden in the back of communal lunch fridges!

Ballerina: Cute shoes! Sucks they aren't the right size, though.. but soon you'll be able to put them to use (and show them off ) Is it bad that I'm motivated by pretty workout gear? Hope you feel better soon, I must have e-transferred my sickness to you and bea!

----
One 177mL bottle of nighttime cold medicine later (note to self: cherry flavoured does NOT taste better than 'original'), I'm feeling a bit better. Made it to the gym today, and realized the dumbbell (barbell? I really don't know which is which.. ) I was lifting was 10 pounds more than I thought, woohoo! Pays to look at the labels, I guess.

Since this week is TOM, I skipped my weigh-in on Monday.. but I've been feeling strangely.. lighter. Haha. I'm determined not to peek before next Monday, though - I'm excited to see a big whoosh!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #122  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

@bea & pinksparkles: Yeah, it’s a public scale that starts to play “ice cream truck” music the second you step on it so the entire world knows you’re weighing yourself. It’s pretty horrific, haha!

@SoMuch: By “what kind of whiskey do you like?” do you mean “what kind of whiskey can you afford?” (not too big of a selection of liquor is available here at reasonable prices, although the stuff that is easy to find isn’t that expensive. ) On good nights we drink Red Label (yeah, Johnnie!) or Ballantine’s. 100 Pipers is also very popular, but less delicious IMO. There’s also Sang Som which I equate to SE Asian moonshine, which I don’t typically drink (or regret it very much when I do). I miss having the freedom to be a complete whiskey diva like I can be at home!!

@lisa: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you celebrated accordingly!

@jmko: Jordan Almonds. Oof.

@Quiet Ballerina: Those shoes are so cute! I’m such a sucker for pink. Sorry the size was wrong, and I hope you get them soon and without more problems!

--

Today is the beginning of the first of 4 going away parties—so the beginning of the end, I guess? The adult English class I teach is having a potluck (about 2 hours after lunch, haha) in celebration of our last class together. All of the students (teachers from my school) are really excited because they’re going to great lengths to prepare “farang” (the Thai word for a Western foreigner) food. They’re really excited and I can’t wait to celebrate with them. I’m also preparing to be full beyond belief, because it’s most definitely going to be a battle royal to see who can make me eat the most of his or her food. Whoever is the first to make Teacher Gracie explode from eating too much wins bragging rights for the rest of the year, I’m sure. ☺

Still trying to find an apartment in the city for a reasonable price and in a good location. I found a place near where I’ll be working and right next to an absolutely beautiful public park where people go to exercise. Beautiful running trails, free workout classes, and gorgeous views of the city. The only problem is that I’m on the waiting list. :-/ It sounds like there’s a pretty good chance a room will be free, but I won’t know until the 27th. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and continuing the great apartment search in the meantime!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

SoMuch: Rotten banana? Disgusting. I do love your sign, though. That sounds like something I would do. But there'd be some profanity in there. What do you do for a living?

Ballerina: Ah! I still want to watch the show! But it freaks me out so I can't sleep!!! I have new balance shoes that look like yours. I love them, but I used to wear a lot of blue, so I felt like it looked funny. I haven't actually gotten new shoes since then. I probably should.

pinksparkles: It was tedious! Needless to say I'm off jordan almonds for life. Not that I ever liked them...The luau was pretty good. Long, but good food.

Gracie: I hope you get your apartment! It sounds so nice!!

So the luau was long. It was about two hours of playing games like spear throwing, poi ball lessons, canoe paddling, tattoo artist, etc. Dinner was another hour (of the best kalua pig I've ever had!) and then the actual show was about 45 minutes. I got home at about 9:30pm and I'm pooped. I'm off to bed!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #124  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quiet Ballerina Those shoes are adorable. Bummer about the sizing!!! Congrats on your final going so well! What are you in school for?

pinksparkles A few of my friends and I (like 5 or so) of us play trivia every week and they asked specific questions - this week it was to name the band before everyone else and accumulate 3 points (each correct answer was 1 point) and then win a free pitcher. My friend is like a music savant - it's insane and she answered each question within like the first two notes. haha! Keep lifting heavy!!!

graciegoose13 - I hear that. I'm a whiskey/single malt scotch kinda girl. Jim Beam makes "Red Stag" which is a cherry oak whiskey - it's great on the rocks with no mixer - or if you need a mixer, coke zero makes it taste like cherry coke. It's not too expensive. The only one you listed that I've heard of is Red Label. haha! Have fun at all of your parties!!!

jmko I'm an admin asst in a children's hospital. And I actually have quite the mouth on me but have to censor it here. lol. Your luau sounds AWESOME.

---

We leave for the beach tonight. Just a weekend get away, but I love the beach! I'll take those three days! Hoping I'm able to stay relatively on track eating wise at the beach.

I registered for our Oct/Nov races. October is a 4k called Tap N' Run where you get beer at every rest stop! Haha! Awesome! And we're registered for a 10k in November called "Strong Legs Run" which is a charity run!

Have a GREAT Weekend everyone!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #125  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

JMKO: I know but I just hate water. I house sat for my mom awhile back and she had filtered water and going back to my dad's regular tap water made even worse. But my gym has the most glorious tasting water I have ever had, it is ice cold and wonderful. I tend to drink too much water when I am at the gym.

Quiet Ballerina: Those shoes are adorable. Hope they get their mistake corrected promptly and they didn't make you pay extra shipping. errg. As a longtime retail employee it makes me mad when people make mistakes like that. Unless you're really not paying attention, you can't get an order form wrong. And we always showed the customer the screen before submitting the order just to make sure.
Yes, I have a silent rule. I don't make date decisions for the first couple of dates just to see how they can handle making a decision. It's funny, I tend to be super I want to be an independent woman all the time but then they guy has to man up a bit.
PinkSparkles: yeah homeworks a *****. I have 2 mini exams tomorrow and 1 on monday that I need to study for but I really just want to work out and watch doctor who instead.
GracieGoos: That is horrific. Are they trying to keep people from weighing themselves?Like promote a lifestyle where weight doesn't matter to discourage you to check your weight?! So, are they making like hamburgers or something like that? Or is it more of like Thai food with an American spin. (Oh man this is making me really hungry.)

Fattitude: You look adorable in your new picture! I had to do something similar at my last apartment. I had 3 roommates and 1 was absolutely disgusting. The worst was in the second month we were there. We had been there for like a month already and she still had a mountain of boxes in our living room. There was this putrid smell all throughout the downstairs. Fruit flies were starting to show up and I noticed they were hanging out near the boxes. So, I start digging through them and she had half of a rotten watermelon in a sitting in cardboard box under her pile of ****. I was pissed so I tell her about this and she said that she never brought a watermelon over. I'm like ok then, this water melon just grew up through the box. Chick was an idiot. sorry for the book lol.

---------------------------
So I have a dr's appointment at 3. I normally like to have my appointments in the morning so I don't have to eat before a weigh in. So I am not sure what to do. I want to show her how awesome I'm doing. But I am getting hungry. I think I am going to call her and see if she has an opening this morning.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I will try to do personals later (if I remember)
but I have to be whiny and vent.

First, good news:
My Theory final was 500 words. Guess how many I missed? TWO!! I got a 99.6% on my final
Still waiting on the grade for my Punctuation final. Pretty sure I got a B.

Now, me complaining:
The end of my lease can't come soon enough. I am so flipping tired of living with my messy, inconsiderate roommate. SHE is the reason I am sick. And she informs me this morning that her friend is coming in town tonight. Doesn't ask if it's okay. (This is nothing new though.) This particular friend has already visited on at least 9 different occasions in less than 2 years, all long weekends (meaning she arrives Thursday night and leaves Sunday/Monday). I am so over it. It is annoying beyond belief and I am tired of being a free hotel for her friends!

....and to end on a more positive note:
I tried the pumpkin spice latte today at Starbucks....yum!! Going to have to try this healthier version.
http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.co...rink-your-pie/
....maybe I'll go pinterest. That will help me to de-stress.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #127  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

jmko ~ I ended up *trying* to do as you suggested, but road blocks came up. Ugh, it is much more logical to eat before league though! Also, the luau sounded like tons of fun! Was it for your enjoyment or was it a "gig" that you had?

SoMuch ~ That banana looks HORRIBLE. Woohoo for free margaritas though! Enjoy your beach trip! I'm surrounded by beach and yet, I haven't gone in months. And beautiful profile pic change! It actually threw me off a bit, because I didn't recognize the picture at first.

gracie ~ Hope you have fun at your parties! Fingers crossed with the apartment - it sounds like a beaaautiful place!

bea ~ I totally get you on that one. I always schedule my appointments like that too. Hopefully you can get a morning appointment, but if not, I do hope you still eat!

Ballerina ~ Great job on the final and here's to hoping for a good grade on the other! Argh, what a terrible roommate though. I had one like that, though it was in the dorms. It's not that she was terrible - it's more like she and her friends could come and go as they please, but once, I on some sort of IM program...AIM I think? She threw this huge fit about how she needed her sleep. -_____-

~~

Happy Thursday everyone! Which means this is my Friday. Ugh, so I did the most stupid thing before league yesterday. I get myself ready, drive off...only to forget my bowling equipment! Haha, unfortunately going "Ewa Bound" as they call it...has traffic from around 4, and there was still quite a bit when I left at 5, so I couldn't go home and grab it. The worst part is that this was our last week of league. I decided to hang around though.

And I'm glad I did. One of my really good friends won her first jackpot. However, that meant her treating to pizza. Another teammate also treated us, but he's like this really sensitive guy...so I ended up having a slice from each of them. In order to accommodate that in, I had to say no to the alcohol. Boo!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #128  

SoMuch: You and I sound alike! I have quite the mouth and swear like a sailor, but do try to sensor myself. I stayed late at the office today to finish some stuff up and ended up getting frustrated and saying, "WTF is this $h**?" I be doing a pretty good job of censoring myself because my co-worker was all, "did you really just say that??" and looked really appalled. Haha! Have fun at the beach!

bea: I used to be like you until I forced myself to drink water. Now, it's the only thing I drink. In fact, I bought one of those water dispensers because I go though so much water. That water definitely tastes better though, because it's filtered and comes out ice cold. I got mine from walmart for only about $150. Maybe you should consider investing in one? Definitely one of the best things I've spent my money on. How did your dr. appt go?

Ballerina: I feel for you with your roommate. My college roommate was awful. She was a stripper and on top of that she ALWAYS brought guys to our dorm room. I even walked in on her and some random guy doing the nasty quite a few times. It used to drive me nuts. She was messy, always barge in on me while I was showering, and throw my food away because she didn't like the way asian food smelled. UGH. I moved out as soon as I could, and it wasn't soon enough. Hope your situation gets better!!

atarimae: The luau was for work. Three other co-workers and I went to check it out to experience what our clients experience, tell them about the food, activities, etc. It was fun because it was paid for and even came with two free drinks! Talk about drinking on the job! Oh jeez, you got stuck in rush hour traffic at 5? Traffic today was horrendous because of the rain. Took me an hour to get from downtown to Aiea. Sucked so bad.

Okay so I need to vent a little...My boyfriend has become obsessed with our iPad. He's driving me crazy. He plays this stupid game on it on the iPad AND on his phone at the same time. He even takes the iPad with him to bed. I'm about to chuck that thing across the room. I feel like he seriously has this unhealthy addiction to it. I'm going to hide the iPad. I'm going to do it!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #129  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

QuietBallerina: Good Job on your finals!!! Hope you other grade comes in soon!!

Atarimarie: Thanks, yeah, I did eat. I had the other half of my Chipotle as a breakfast/lunch. And my workout was compromised. I would suggest no large meals less than an hour before cardio.. no good.

I have noticed, if I only drink water I like it more. Maybe I should start doing that instead. Though not today because I am going to the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant) With my best friend and the have blueberry sage lemonade .
-----
My doctor's appt went great! It was mid-afternoon so I was kind of frustrated that my weight wouldn't be morning low. But I sucked it up and I don't think anyone has ever looked as giddy as I must have looked while standing on the scale. It wasn't as low as I would have liked, but it was lower than expected. So, I'll take it.

I think I am having a problem. As an unemployed student I don't really have any reason to dress. And now as a unemployed student who is trying to workout 5 to 6 days a week I really don't have any reason to dress. It's not that my clothes define me but I have always has a thing for quirky style and my god I have a love for polka dots. But today is day 10 of wearing sweats and a ribbed tank top and a sports bra. erh. I wore jeans for an hour or 2 twice. Sigh. I miss my clothes lol.
Happy Friday.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 189/183/112

Height: 5"4

Hi every one, Its kinda late on in September but I'm new to the site so hello....reading all your comments really helps motivate me, and it givers me some thing to do rather than eat....

Hope your all well
chloe799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #131  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Chloe- Welcome!!

jmko- Im sorry but i had to laught! He takes it to bed with him!!!!! Maybe he will get tired of it in a couple of days!

Ballerina- Congrats An loved the shoes, I would be all over some in red!!!!!

beahawkins- How did the appointment go?

SoMuch- I hope you enjoy your mini vacation.

SOOO, BOOOOOOOO to me for totally getting of track on Wednesday. I had two MCdoubles, add mayo It was the devil! So of course on my mid week check....211 again! But on yesterday me and the LO went walking/very light jog in the new stroller. I will definitely take some getting used to. Had pork for the first time in about two weeks yesterday...it was grilled so not really bad. Did Turbo Fire this morning and will walk again this evening. It would be awesome if I can fit in another Turbo Fire too. I was really hoping to be below 210 on Sunday. GEEEEEESHHHHHH. Well I brought lemon pepper tilapia and green beans for lunch, had oatmeal and turkey sausage for breakfast. On another note, I really think Im going take my food scale back to wal-mart. I didn’t get the digital one and I really think I should. Im also going to San Diego for a class Sunday - Tuesday and I really don’t know what Im going to do to stay on plan.....wait as I was typing that I decided to see if the hotel has a fitness room...THEY DOOO! No if I can just eat decent I will be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

pinksparkles fingers are crossed for your whoosh! Glad you're feeling better. my cold is on the way out, fortunately.

gracie I'll cross my fingers for you if you'll do the same for me! I'm also apartment hunting. SO difficult.

jmko I know. I can only watch the show during the day on weekends/holidays. Otherwise I have weird dreams. the luau sounds like fun! Very frustrating about the boyfriend and the iPad.

SoMuch I'm studying to be a court reporter. you know, those people (typically women) who type away on the mini keyboard in court, writing down everything everyone is saying.
A beer at every stop? Goodness, I'd be falling down drunk by the end! One decent beer (maybe 2) and I get tipsy.

beahawkins well, the store paid for the shipping the first time around, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of ordering a 2nd pair if that means I have to wait for the first order to be refunded....? I basically don't want that much money charged on my card!
That watermelon story is so gross!
I completely understand your clothing problems. My work attire is very, very relaxed. I'm in sweats a lot of the time because comfort is way more important than style. Plus, I just don't want to spend the $$ on an adorable wardrobe until I'm at goal.

Atarimae Pizza is 100% my weakness. I can't turn down pizza.

chloe welcome!

lisa enjoy your trip! And awesome news about the fitness room

So, one of the things I was frustrated about yesterday (that I didn't mention) was that I thought I had thrown away my BC pills accidentally. I was SO mad at myself because it's $60/month for me. And it wasn't just "oh it's in the bathroom trashcan." It was "in the trash that I took down to the dumpster and tossed." For a minute or two I considered going looking for it, but I had thrown it out a day or two before (It was a new pack that I was about to start) so dumpster diving wasn't an option....weeeeeeeeeell I.WAS.WRONG. I didn't throw it away! I was so, so happy to see it sitting on my bookshelf.

And it looks like I got an 88% on my other final. So close to an A, but I'll take it. I'm actually surprised I did that well, because I took it on Wednesday night when I was feeling really miserable.

Tomorrow I'm going to the DMV (yuck) but then I have fun plans for the afternoon; There's a Colonial Market and Fair at Mt. Vernon tomorrow, and some friends invited me to go. Yay!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #133  

bea: funny how we want what we can't/don't have? I have to dress up everyday for work - slacks, blouses, accessories, etc. I LIVE for casual fridays so I can wear jeans to work. And as soon as I get home the pencil skirt comes off and the sweat pants go on. Enjoy it while you can.

chloe: welcome!

lisa: mayo is one of my weaknesses! I LOVE the stuff!! What kind of class are you going to?

ballerina: I threw my keys in the dumpster once (I was drunk...or hungover...I can't remember which). My poor neighbor went fishing for it because there was NO WAY I was climbing in there to get it. Glad your pills weren't in the trash though!

My vacation has officially started!!! Woohoo! I have a surprise couples massage planned for the BF and I tomorrow, then we leave for Vegas on Sunday. I'm so glad to be taking time off of work and just getting away. The whole packing thing stresses me out though. *sigh* I feel like as women, we have to take so much stuff! All the makeup and product, flat iron, accessories, blah blah blah all the other stuff we have. ARGH! Why can't it just be simple for us? I guess I should just be happy I'm going on vacation!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #134  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I've been gone a lot lately. I have been super busy with school and other things. Last week I had three tests and will have another next week. Luckily, I managed to get A's on two of the three, the other one I am hoping to find out the grade but I'm thinking it will turn out alright.

Otherwise, things have been going pretty good. I have started to do some vegan cooking, which has turned out really good thus far. Last night the boyfriend and I made some vegan chili with Match mockmeat (tastes like the real thing), pinto beans, and tomato sauce with a few spices. I maybe would have cut back on the spices a little bit since it was pretty spicy, but it turned out really good. I have the recipe on my blog if you're interested, just click the link below. Tonight I'm using the rest of the mockmeat and tomato sauce to make some taco soup. I'll let you know how it turns out and have lots of pics available.

In the meantime, here's a pic of the vegan chili:
yummychili.jpg

Sorry about the conspicuous pill bottle in the middle of the picture. It belongs to my mom and I didn't see it until after the pic was taken and on Facebook. lol

I will do personals when I get back from my meetup today, looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Take care all!

Last edited by namaste984; 09-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #135  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

So I got a replacement phone, so updates on the weekend should not be too hard now. Weighed this morning, ughhgrrrrrr 211.2 I really didn't meet my goal. And even though I'm going to Cali I'm still shooting for
208 by next Sunday!

Jmko- its a Grants Management course.....all day....totally boring.

Ballerina- congrats on the B, that's still great! Glad your b/c was in place!

Nomaste- congrats on your grades!

Sorry for any weird typos......
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote