Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Default had the argument.. did the dance.. then lost

So the "new" me lost to the "old" me today. I was feeling hungry earlier than my normal lunch time so I went to the break room. Then, I saw them. Sitting so nicely on the counter were Panera cookies. Just staring at me. I pinched off some and shoved it into my mouth. Then their yummie chips and baguette caught my eye. I grabbed the chips, put them back, grabbed them again and then said "no" and I put them back. BUT I did get some baguette. Dang it!! Why must this be so hard!! I know it happens and I know I just have to get right back on plan but geez, why do we do this to ourselves?! Why does food have such power over me!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You don't lose unless you give up!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
You don't lose unless you give up!
Pretty much. You are human, you are going to have set backs we all are. It's apart of life. So what you snacked a little, its not like you do it every day.

Maybe don't deprive yourself from such food, and you might have more control over it next time. I don't know how your diet works or what you're doing for it but I find if I eat a chocolate bar here and there, or a can of pepsi when the stuff get's thrown in front of me I don't have a use to usually run and eat it because I do enjoy myself once in while with such foods.

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 04-27-2011 at 12:55 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I have the opposite strategy as Miztaccen. (Not saying I'm right, just that there are different approaches.) I never eat cookies anymore or simple carbs. I very carefully budget my carbs and sugar and prefer to have veggies and fruits instead of desserts and such. If I let myself have a little taste I would want more like you did so I just never have it. I feel like letting yourself have a taste is the first step in eroding your resolve and a slippery slope.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/230/150

Height: 5'8

I do the same thing with that little dance, but my problem is that it doesnt stop after a day or two....it continues for weeks until I try to start over and over again with little or no success. Hang in there. We can do it!
brilliantbrit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #6  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I have those battles every day. And usually I win. It's not worth it to me to lose.

You have to sometimes run through the kitchen screaming "NOOOOOOO!" at the top of your head. You also sometimes have to say "That cupcake tastes like cardboard."

Or you have to avoid the kitchen for a while until they go away.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #7  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscarchie View Post
You have to sometimes run through the kitchen screaming "NOOOOOOO!" at the top of your head. You also sometimes have to say "That cupcake tastes like cardboard."
Smash the cupcakes, you'll feel better!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote