Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #46  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Weight is down 1.8 kg or 4 lbs from yesterday but I am still well above redline at 60.2 kg/132.4 lbs. Ughhhhhh. I can't believe I just ate three candy bars in a row as if it was nothing last night.

Yesterday was such a sh!t awful day in terms of being really sick and having to go into the city for a super pointless meeting and bad weather and coming down from the weekend that today can only be better. I did a Tae Bo cardio workout and 50 pushups yesterday which made me feel marginally better about the whole thing. I'm not sure if I'm well enough to run but I may try later...loaded up a Busy P/Ed Banger podcast on my iPod just in case. My cough is truly a thing of disgust and loathing; I sound like I'm going to keel over and die.

LawGirl88
Uneventful is much better than bad. I need to kick myself in the butt too so this doesn't turn into a huge yo-yo. I think you might be better off not having to feel angst over exes, that never feels good.

MiZTaCCeN Nice work on the smashed cupcake. I would have eaten it so it's good that you had it and not me. Sorry to hear about all the crappy drama with your ex and Green Shirt. It's no fun when things don't go how you want with guys!

rainbowstripe *big hug,* I'm so sorry your bf wasn't appreciative of your V-day efforts...how are you guys doing now?

KawaiiCandie That is a lot of chocolate, I can feel my muscles tensing up because I would love nothing more than to eat it all and more right now BUT I WON'T DO IT I SWEAR. Congrats on JLPT pass!!!!!!!!!!!

Icon Once you've been in the 50s the 60s are just depressing aren't they? I hope we can both get back ASAP.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/191/135

Height: 5 foot 6

Rainbow--I work with babies to 5 year olds. Coughs/snotty noses and the rest are pretty common place. Not to mention one of the girls I babysit/nanny for I spend a lot of time with her and her mom even when I'm not working and they've both been sick. I'm bound to catch a ton of things, I think this is just the second half of last weeks cold.

Krampus I have exes, but the most recent and I broke up in May and there hasn't been anyone since. I miss my ex as we were together for a year and a half but since we broke up we've had very little communication and when we do he definitely doesn't make himself seem appealing :P
LawGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

krampus Eek, sick, hope you feel better. What's that podcast? I had a pretty gross cough after running last night...will teach me that cigarettes really are worse than the shisha pipe...which I didn't know before. I mean maybe not healthwise, but in terms of my breathing while exercising, I definitely knew it was the cigarettes! Thanks for the hugs. Aside from the silliness of last night and the debris of giant fortune cookie and dinosaur sprinkles, I think we're ok. I think I kind of need to hold off on trying to properly sort any of this stuff out until he's done with his thesis. I know our relationship should be more important than his thesis, but with the due date less than 10 days away and the deadline for binding (ie having to have it finished) only 5 days away, I think it's something that I can put ahead of other stuff for now - theoretically you only do your Masters once, so I can go on feeling a little under-loved for another week or so haha. I think I'm just being a little annoying with him at the moment - he's on gmail chat but as busy...but I keep popping in and saying redundant and probably annoying things. I guess I just miss him is all.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #49  
Staying the Same

rainbowstripe That is a really tough situation. I feel that way sometimes about my bf and his band. We can never make plans in advance because they might book a show, and it's rare that we both have a full free weekend at the same time. As with a thesis it's something vital to his happiness and enjoyment of life but sometimes I miss the simpler days. At least the thesis has a deadline though - and you can really go to town then! I keep smoking on vacation (I smoked a whole pack of Marlboro Reds in Seoul over a weekend) and I think that really ups my chocolate/sweets cravings as well as making me feel gross otherwise. Bad habits.

LawGirl88 Well at least he's not doing that thing where you break up and then he goes back to being super charming and making you think twice about why it didn't work out...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #50  

krampus Yeah, I just hope that when it's over he gets a normal-ish job with normal-ish hours, at least for a little while! His thesis absolute end date to get it in is on either the 25th or the 28th of Feb (I can't remember which, I'm hoping it's the Friday and not the Monday) so after that things should get a little easier. I think what makes it the hardest/more weird is that we can do time apart - we did 6 months apart after only being together 4 months...another month apart last year when he was doing research on an island...it's just that now, he's still here, in the city, in the same bed (when I don't escape to my parents) - but he may as well not be due to the lack of conversations/fun times we're having haha. Your relationship sounds pretty difficult, but it must be worth it if you're still with it
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, popping in before heading for the gym. Not sure how I feel about gym on my birthday but tomorrow I'm donating blood and I can't work out after that. That and there in no celebration going on for my birthday, I'm simply going back in to work tonight. The celebration will be happening hopefully this coming weekend instead.

Official weight today was 146.2 I didn't make my V-day mini-goal of 145 but I got darn close. I hope to see something similar but not too much higher tomorrow.

Rainbow - The way my boobs look is heavily influenced by the bra I'm wearing and whether I've pulled them up. I have to measure with a bra on for support, because naturally they're really droopy, and since I've lost weight they've deflated. They look as if I'd breastfed a whole brood. Thank goodness I have a good bra shop The other thing is that my ribcage/band measurement is 32", which makes 7" difference in circumference. Honestly, I don't like them much. I would prefer smaller and perkier so I could wear fancy bras.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #52  
Staying the Same

Somehow a pile of chocolate ended up on my desk. I could eat it all today, save some for later in the week, or attempt to save it and give it to my bf when I see him on Friday.

rainbowstripe Aw, my relationship is the easiest thing in the world to be honest. We both like the distance and are cool with seeing each other just a few days each month though ideally we would be able to meet during the week if we felt like it. I really hope you and your dude are able to spend actual time being together instead of just occupying the same space soon. It's harder when someone is right there but not "all there" in terms of attention, you know? *hug*
Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #53  

fromthebox I feel like not many of us really like what we've got haha. I like mine fine in a bra, it's the just size versus the actual look of them that annoys me to no end. I'm a DD/E cup in actual bra size that fits and looks good on - but anyone looking at my boobs would think maybe C or D... and without the bra on... they just look disappointing (unless I hold my arms over my head, then they kind of look ok - maybe I could learn to walk around like that haha). I haven't done my ribcage measurement ever. My waist is 30 so I'm guessing my rib cage could be similar to yours. Totally going to measure it when I get home. Congrats on coming so close to your goal. I hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday even if you aren't celebrating and that when you do celebrate this weekend, you make the most of it!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #54  

krampus Aw thanks. There's a party this weekend to celebrate a friend of ours getting back into the country after a year away. This guy is my boyfriend's best friend...so I'm pretty sure we'll both at least go to this party! I'm also really hoping he just gets his thesis done early...my ideal night right now would be something super boring like just getting some takeout (I know, I shouldn't) and watching a dvd!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #55  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Before I got to bed, Top 3 things that made my day today:
1. Smashing of the cupcake.
2. Making my ex in my sim's game and burning him in a fire...then finding a fire burning sim on youtube and posting in on my facebook hahah (I know I'm twisted but watching him burn with happy music in the background was really funny..)
3. Now it's bed time and tomorrow is a new day and all this **** will be behind me.

Good night ladies!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #56  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

The doc is my police check from the ministry of justice. So whoever is in a mood for smashing, please smash our government? >.< I'm going to email them again tonight and if its not here by thurs I guess I'll send my app off without it and say its coming when the department gets its *** into gear. These kinds of things always remind me of something my sister said- "the main problems and set backs in my life are caused by OTHER people NOT DOING THEIR JOBS" So true, so true -_- Anyways, had a fairly good day at work, got a workout in, made asian glazed drumsticks with summer spaghetti for dinner, which is always delicious and one of my favourites And there are heaps of left overs so might not have to cook tomorrow, whee! And my weight is down a tiny bit to 60.5kg. So still, trying not to panic but doing ok.

Miz- glad to know you are working through your anger in the sims, please dont translate it into real life No matter how much you want to. Hopefully that guy will keep his distance for a while, now that he knows you dont take that kind of crap!

krampus- eaaaat iiiiit. In little incy wincy bits Thats what i would do. Yum! And if you're sick, you're bound to be carrying a bit of extra weight Dont be too hard on yourself and get better soon!

fromthebox- you got really close to your goal! well done! And happy birthday!

rainbow- haha its not as gross as you imagine Like its not a needle or anything. And think about what it would be like back there if I didnt flush it out! Aww it sucks when you are making the compromises But yeah i think part of his reaction could have been uni stress. When's his thesis due? Should be last day of feb right? I remember when I was in the last week of my thesis- if you werent proof reading it, you were in my way!

kawaii- congrats on passing!!!!!! And Im guessing you cant just say no to that guy who wants you to do his job for you? What a failface. Start writing some speeches in deliberately bad japanese and ask him to fix them for you :P fairs fair

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 02-15-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Is rejected from K-State CVM, by form letter on my birthday. Now I get 9 hours alone in a room to think about it.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow, well yeah exactly! combine with the stuff that happened recently with you guys, he should have especially made an effort to be nice to you this time around. don't be making excuses! i'm not saying your man's not lovely, but that was a dick move

MiZ, aww! it was a great looking cupcake, too! i would've eaten it, haha... well done!

krampus, well done on the loss! sorry about the sh!t mood you're in right now... although i'll agree that yesterday just sucked all around, and like i told you last night, at least you're still working out! well done for that, and hopefully the clouds will lift soon enough! lol. and yes, that was a lot of chocolate... lol. i can't believe i ate all that...

icon, lol. i wouldn't do that (besides it would be a pain to write speeches in bad japanese). i mean it IS my job to teach english, and help him do that if i can't... it's not really my job to grade stuff, but most ALTs do it anyways, and i don't mind, but i just thought the assignment was stupid, and also, when they ask, they are usually like "take your time" but he was like "i need it before class tomorrow" so it kinda made me angry. oh well. it's done now

maaan, today was so weird. it started out really crap, didn't wanna be here and all that, then it turned to **** when i made one of my teachers really angry by telling him i didn't approve of students "copying" their speeches from the textbook, and although it wasn't a direct judgment on him, i can understand how he could be hurt by it. anyways, he came to see me and told me i could redo the activity "my way" and i felt really bad, but at the same time i felt it needed to be said...

then the class i was eating lunch with was SUPER cute and adorable and put me in a good mood (lunch was good too! which is RARE) and then that one class with that one teacher i made angry went super well, and as i left i overheard one of my brats telling his friend in japanese "maan... Vanessa is really so beautiful!" and it just made me so happy! it totally made my day. so now i am in a really good mood, and i think that teacher will get over it (although i overheard him talking with the other 2nd year teacher earlier and he was holding my letter, so i really wonder what he said... hum... oh well!) so anyways. hopefull i will managed to be good with my food tonight and everything will be back to normal! *fingers crossed!*

oooh, and one of my kids gave me chocolate after lunch! she'd smuggled it into her sweater, haha.. (cuz they are not allowed to bring it to school)

Last edited by KawaiiCandie; 02-15-2011 at 01:58 AM.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

fromthebox really sorry to hear about the rejection letter I hope you are able to have a wonderful birthday celebration in spite of it. I saw that you basically met a pretty impressive Valentine's day goal of 145. WAY TO GO- that's an accomplishment to be proud of!

Kawaii your kids sound adorable. Glad you had what sounds like turned into a really great day. Hope the dinner tonight went well as you wanted it to
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 AM   #60  

Icon Your dinner sounds good! Yeah I'd just hand in the application stuff without it if you don't get it, why must things be so notoriously slow around here! The thesis is due at the end of Feb, yes...oh mannnnn. I am looking forward to it being over (and I'm not even the one doing it!). Just feel like I'd like a bit of give and take...not just always giving - but then sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm overthinking/overreacting!

fromthebox I'm so sorry you didn't get in

Kawaii Haha I'm not usually one to make excuses for people...I do think he was a bit of a dick about it, but I also get that he's under a sh*t-ton of stress right now...and having your girlfriend bouncing around on the bed at 11.30 pm with a dinosaur covered fortune cookie when all you want to do is sleep, is probably not the best thing haha. Your day sounds pretty interesting! Glad it all turned out well. And how cute about the chocolate! Hope you're doing well with the eating and stuff too.

~BLEURHG. I am so grumpy I am nearly at my calorie limit for the day! I know I'm full and don't NEED to eat anymore, but I REALLY want chocolate and stuff haha. I'm just over 1400 calories... I can go up to 1500. And I definitely will...just need to choose my treat wisely!