Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default OK OK I admit it! Food confession

Today at lunch I went a little off plan and had flafel... on flat bread... with tahini AND yogurt dill sauce. Salad and a run for dinner tonight! I just had to say that publicly so I feel worse about it and I might think twice next time. Please feel free to tell me what a poor choice I made! LOL
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

it's not that bad of a choice... come on! plus you are still working out, so you just need to work your butt a bit harder to shed the extra cals! chin up!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #3  

Aww Kawaii, thanks for trying to make me feel better about it. Normally I would just think, no big deal, and adjust my dinner as needed but today was supposed to be my second day back on plan after about 5 days off. LOL So I am not doing so hot.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

haha, i hear you! i've been having a hard time getting back on plan... my ticker doesn't even speak the truth and i'm too depressed to change it back up! but after two weekends out partying, i guess it's what i deserve... i'm gonna be a good girl for the coming month though so fingers crossed!

baby steps, baby steps, haha...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Why do you need to make yourself feel bad about it at all? It sounds like a great lunch, and will give you awesome fuel for your work out later.

I just think that making yourself feel guilty about your food choices is a no-no.

If you want it, eat it, and own it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, I second Stella's post - I think it sounds like a really good lunch! Please don't stress yourself out about your food choices, unless maybe you're choosing to eat like.. 10 cheeseburgers a day.. in which case I'd worry a bit.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #7  

I should have taken a picture of it to show you all what I am talking about. I had almost 500 calories in sauces alone. They load it up like a gyro on steroids. I am so full.

Thanks, Stella. I am working on owning it but since I know it was so off plan it's kind of hard.

I am not stressing over it much but I like to admit to things on here and get the positive reinforcement to work harder. I can honestly say that the public interactions and obligations have kept me on track.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Ya, I agree with all of the above. You can't avoid falafel for the rest of your life...that's not sustainable, or fun at all.

You get to live life once.. you can totally make room for, and enjoy completely, anything you want to eat.

(By the way, I L-O-V-E falafel, tahini, and all of those involved food groups/items. So delicious and totally worth it).

I'm still working on this balance myself, which I think we all are. But, either way, I refuse to skip out on the joys in life because of calories. Viva la hummus!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #9  

Hahaha thanks, Fatpants!! I am with you! There is no way I could cut out falafel for good. Actually I don't know if I am capable of cutting out anything completely but today was supposed to be a "be good" day.

You ladies are all so sweet for making sure I am not going crazy over this meal.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #10  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Why do you need to make yourself feel bad about it at all? It sounds like a great lunch, and will give you awesome fuel for your work out later.

I just think that making yourself feel guilty about your food choices is a no-no.

i second the notion! it's in the past, and all you can do is move on. don't give it another thought. whenever i have something that's "off plan" i just enjoy it. i love food. i'm italian. it's life. plus, on ww, you have room for that kinda thing. no worries!
jeez, i haven't had falafel in ages....i think you've given me my inspiration for my next off plan meal
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Try not to feel horribly about the things you eat. I know that's easier said than done, believe me. It's good to make healthy choices, but we shouldn't be constantly restricting ourselves. I find that allowing myself one day every two weeks to not worry about calories or anything helps keep me on track. I enjoy eating healthy and going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week, but it's also good not to always deprive yourself of the things you love or you'll find yourself going on binges. At least that's true with me. So I allow one day every two weeks, usually Sunday, for eating whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't think about calories or carbs. Then the next day, I'm right back to eating a balanced diet of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, lean proteins and going to the gym. This really works for me.

Last Sunday I ate a dozen charbroiled chicken wings and a buffalo chicken wrap with blue cheese dressing. It was delicious and I didn't feel bad at all. I loved it and I can finally eat this stuff without horrible feelings of guilt afterward. It's such a relief when you eat with moderation!

Last edited by surrendertolis; 01-25-2011 at 10:39 PM.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #12  
back in the habit

S/C/G: 166/139/<130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
YES. A million times, yes. For me, learning to not beat myself up and to instead take an accepting, yet mindful, approach to my eating has been crucial to my success thus far.

Also... falafel=DELICIOUS.
pavvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvie View Post
YES. A million times, yes. For me, learning to not beat myself up and to instead take an accepting, yet mindful, approach to my eating has been crucial to my success thus far.

Also... falafel=DELICIOUS.
I wish I could adopt your mentality guys. I can't seem to not feel guilty about the bad things I eat because they were a poor choice and I regret it. When I start to tell myself it was OK... I go crazy and everything is OK. My brain just doesn't work that way I guess.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

The only thing I can say about having this mentality is that you know you are living a healthy lifestyle. Binging and eating bad things without restraint is the real problem. Making bad choices an every day part of your lifestyle is bad news. So when you know that you exercise regularly and you make healthy choices when it comes to food, allowing yourself a treat once in awhile isn't so bad. Especially when you know that you'll probably burn off those extra calories later on.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertolis View Post
The only thing I can say about having this mentality is that you know you are living a healthy lifestyle. Binging and eating bad things without restraint is the real problem. Making bad choices an every day part of your lifestyle is bad news. So when you know that you exercise regularly and you make healthy choices when it comes to food, allowing yourself a treat once in awhile isn't so bad. Especially when you know that you'll probably burn off those extra calories later on.
Exactly. And I don't know many people who would say that the food you described is "bad food." Yes, high in calories and fat, but "GOOD" calories and fat.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote