Old 01-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm doing it (again) too :-) Missed 2 weeks with the holiday and getting sick so I'm going to restart once again tomorrow. Seems like I always hit the 3-4 week mark and something comes up, I miss a week or 2 and need to start over. This time I'm making it through the whole thing!
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #17  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I'm excited that we have so many joiners! I plan on setting up for KenPo X here in a minute. Just made some chicken and veggie soup for dinner and I'm popping full so just waiting for it to settle down before I go air punch for an hour!

I'm hoping to still lose weight though. I may not seem the numbers move but I'd like to see the change in my body at least.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #18  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

So ladies Day 2 is over and I just finished Cardio X!! I am doing much better then I thought and I'm only a little sore today but nothing I couldn't workout through 88 more days to go
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #19  
Oneder Bound

Alright ladies. I'm slacking a bit. I keep telling myself I'll get up off the sofa and put in a dvd but I'm so sore and last night I only did about 20 minutes of KenPo. My body is tirrreeddd!!

I've already taken one rest day so I know I shouldn't take another. Maybe I'll just go do some stretching and a quick warm up and take the dog for a walk. That sounds like a plan.

I hope the rest of you ladies are as excited as I am to continue with this or start for some of you I noticed as still waiting on getting it! I'm excited just to hear what your thoughts are!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

I ended up having to take yesterday off but I finished the program today! I can't post pictures on here until I get a higher post count but I see a huge difference. I lost about 10 pounds on it and dropped 2-3 inches all over. I am so much stronger, flexible and have better balance. For those of you starting out stick with it! If you follow the whole 90 day program you are going to see results! And I didn't even follow the meal plan, just ate healthy on my own.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #21  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I've been thinking about trying p90x. I have it but reading the guide is discouraging. I'm afraid I'm not physically conditioned enough to do it at this point.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #22  
Oneder Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
I've been thinking about trying p90x. I have it but reading the guide is discouraging. I'm afraid I'm not physically conditioned enough to do it at this point.
You know, I was really unsure about the physically fit part as well. But you know there is a fitness test which I'm sure you can find online and if P90X is too extreme then try P90 or one of the other programs out there that are less intense. I struggled when I first bought it and that was 35 pounds ago. I did half a workout at a time.

Check out some of the workouts on Youtube before you commit to anything and maybe consider consulting your gym's personal trainers--which they may actually insist you see them ($$$) but ask them their opinion anyway.

Anyway, Ive decided that tonight I am going to face Plyometrics and finish that beetch!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #23  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Alright so today is day 4 and I can't wait to get my workout on today!! I can't believe that I can actually do them...I am sooo sore but definitely working through the soreness!

Can't wait to get through it and look fabulous
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #24  
Oneder Bound

Ok for those who haven't received their workouts yet or are curious about what they all entail, I found this cool description for you and it's pretty much P90X to a T.

P90X Exercise Routine #1 “Chest & Back”
You’ll be sweating and pumped in about 5 minutes into this one! You’ll train your body to keep going as you push hard to meet your rep goals. Get ready to do, military push ups, reverse pull ups, decline pushups, “dive bombers” and diamond push ups just to name a few! You’ll need to have your P90X Chin Up Bar, or a resistance bands and an Resistance Bands Upgrade Kit handy for the pull up moves.

P90X Exercise Routine #2 “Plyometrics”
Plyometrics is basically a combination of cardio and multidirectional jumping techniques designed to improve strength and stamina. This P90X exercise has a reputation for being one of the most challenging workouts in the program, and rightfully so! It improves your ability to run faster, jump higher, and maneuver quickly in sports like, tennis, basketball, track and field, swimming, mountain climbing, and of course traversing the day to day obstacles of every day life!

P90X Exercise Routine #3 “Shoulders & Arms”
Time to break out the resistance bands or weights, you’ll need them, as you’re going to be building those “glamour muscles” as Tony puts it! This P90X exercise is all about toning and building the arms; the biceps, triceps, forearms, and of course the shoulders! You’ll be doing “In & Out Bicep Curls”, Two-Arm Tricep Kickbacks”, Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Flys” and a whole lot more!

P90X Exercise Routine #4 “Yoga X”
If you think this is going to be a walk in the park, just ask any P90X grad what they think about Yoga X! This is a controlled body sculpting exercise that not only promotes good balance and form but also improves flexibility and coordination. The philosophy of hatha yoda, on which the program is based, is that the more you focus on the breath through each pose, the less you will notice the strain or discomfort. That’s one of the most important goals of this P90X exercise routine.

P90X Exercise Routine #5 “Legs & Back”
This routine went through immense revisions durning it’s development. Originally the pilot and test groups felt that the program was too heavy on the legs and too light on everything else. With careful testing and planning, Legs & Back was finally perfected. While the main focus of this exercise is on the quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves, there’s also a handful of good old-fashioned pull-ups to give your legs a much deserved break while you work the upper body.

P90X Exercise Routine #6 “Kempo X”
P90X is all about diversity, after all, that’s what Muscle Confusion is based on, and Muscle Confusion is the key training science behind the entire system. Kenpo X brings in a fast paced cardiovascular self-defense workout to the table. Kenpo karate started with native Hawaiian Ed Parker Sr., who studied under martial arts master William Chow and Lau Bon. It’s a combination of martial art forms that originated in China, India, and Asia. It was the first American system of martial arts. Kenpo X is a high-intensity P90X exercise that incorporates explosive combinations to improve balance, flexibility, coordination, and stamina. By the way, it’s a ton of fun too!

P90X Exercise Routine #7 “X Stretch”

Flexibility training can often be overlooked. In the end it actually enables you to reach a higher level of athleticism. The reason that most people aren’t that flexible is due the simple fact that they don’t work at it! Why is X Stretch a crucial P90X exercise? Because being flexible will help prevent injury. It only stands to reason that the more you contract your muscles the more you need to stretch them back out.

P90X Exercise Routine #8 “Core Synergistics”
When it comes to maximizing your P90X results, the Core Synergistics routine is critical. This exercise works multiple muscle groups to build and support the core muscles, while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe. The important role that the core muscles play in everyday activities is often overlooked. This is one P90X exercise that must be taken seriously.

P90X Exercise Routine #9 “Chest Shoulders & Triceps”
It’s all about the upper body. You’ll be doing “Chair Dips”, “Side-To-Side Push-Ups”, “Floor Flys” and just about every other imaginable upper body exercise under the sun. If there was ever a time to “Bring It” this is it!

P90X Exercise Routine #10 “Back & Biceps”
Got your ticket to the gun show? Well you’ll be the star! Want to build those jaw-dropping biceps known as “guns” in the weight training world? This P90X exercise will do just that! It also does wonders for women who just want to tighten and give definition to their back and upper arms. Get ready for a whole bunch of pulls and curls.

P90X Exercise Routine #11 “Cardio X”
Aerobic means “with oxygen.” Cardiovascular endurance relates to your body’s ability to efficiently transport oxygenated, nutrient-rich blood to working muscles. When training for strength gains, it’s important to keep cardio work under control or you could actually experience strength loss! You’ll sweat, get the blood pumping, and burn a ton of calories in the process!

P90X Exercise Routine #12 “Ab Ripper X”
In spite of what pop culture would have us believe, showing off your 6-pack is the least important reason for doing ab and core work. The muscles of your midsection are a crucial power source, it’s where you transmit force between your upper and lower body. The variety of movements in this P90X exercise, leaves no muscle untouched! It’s extreme work that’s better than any machine in any club.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

At this rate, I'm doing P92X... had to take off days 2 and 3 due to illness, but I just worked through Cardio... And finally I'm able to stand and sit again without hurting from all the lunges in the Core Synergystics dvd.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 201/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I started P90X Sunday.. Went through plyo yesterday.. What a workout!!!
I am still sore from my first workout.. Hope to hear how all of you are doing... hoping to lose weight and get tonned...
tracyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

I haven't been to the site in a loooong time, but I'm glad I stopped by today and found a p90x thread. I'm restarting it for what seems like the hundredth time, but now that I'm officially a college graduate and all my grad school applications are in, I have no excuse not to get through it. Plus working out my anxiety about whether or not I'll be accepted into grad school is better than eating away my anxiety.

I forgot just how ridiculously sore I get after restarting it (First day was yesterday, so my back, chest, abs, even hip flexors hurt). Does anyone else skip ab ripper? It's really brutal on my lower back, I find my core gets a good workout from just maintaining proper form in all the other exercises, and my waist isn't all that well defined to begin with, so I'm actually planning on saying a little 'soft' in the middle just to avoid looking like a box.

Tonight is plyo! It's strange that I actually look forward to that one.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

*sigh* still waiting on restarting. This virus I had is horrible! Only 2-3 days of real symptoms but it's been draining me for 2 weeks now! Going up the stairs just about does me in. I'm about ready to just see what of p90x I do anyway but afraid of lengthening my recovery time.
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #29  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I started P90X yesterday, but I'm not doing the scedule workouts they have, I'm doing whatever ones I feel like. Like yesterday was Cardio and today I'll be doing the Core one. I've also given in and decided to join and gym since I will now have a workout buddy which I think will help me out alot. So I'll be doing P90X 2, sometimes up to 4 times a week depending on the weeks because she had a 4 on 4 off scedule. The days she works I'll be doing the video's and the days she doesn't it'll be the gym.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #30  
Oneder Bound

Spiked--Yes! I do sometimes skip the Ab Ripper X but mostly because when I work out I'm on my tile and laying down on that is brutal on my back and butt. I always say I'll go upstairs in my spare bedroom whenit comes to that and do it on thecarpet but by the time Tony Horton says Way to GO! I'm done!!

I have to to Plyo tonight too. Its the one I put off. I stupidly didn't follow the schedule for weeks 1-3 so when Wednesday comes around againI I will follow them in order. So far I have taken 2 break days which I'm really regretting. Just haven't been feeling well because of it either. My friends want to go out to dinner tonight and I haven't seen them ina while so it might actually break my heart to have to turn them down for a work out but I dedicated myself to 90 days and I'm going to do it.