Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 AM   #76  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Just finished Yoga X(day 11). Phew I think ALL my muscles are dead now. I also snuck in an hour of Tae Bo earlier today...couldn't resist. Anyway, off to bed I go!! Hoping every day is a loss from here on out
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #77  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Oh LAdies, I've totally fallen off the P90X train. Really was not planning for school again after the holiday break. Need to get back on track. May need a couple of days though. Been talking with a new guy and my brain is like mush right now. I can't concentrate on anything for the life of me!!!

Anyway, wish me good endurance and getting back up on the P90X horse!!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 201/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Shelly hope everything falls into place for you!!
Blcarter: Are you crazy an hour of tae boe plus yoga?? You rock... Hope the numbers on the scale reflect all the effort you are putting in...
I still have a sore neck did arms and shoulders and abs last night... hoping I can do tonight's workout... Will give it my best shot...
Have a good day ladies
tracyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #79  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'8

Ok I had my first day of the lean program on Monday. I did pretty good on both today and yesterday (besides having to stop usually towards the end of most push-up exercises), but I woke up feeling like crap this morning with a sore throat and cough. It's really weird because I NEVER get sick, it's almost like me starting so hardcore out of nowhere really pissed off my body. So I will be resting tonight and hopefully pick up again tomorrow.
hiswifeylee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

Blcarter that's awesome! I definitely don't do anything extra on yoga days. I really want to do doubles, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time/energy for that. It doesn't start until phase 2 anyway, so I'll see how I feel then.

Shelly, just jump right back into it. I fell off almost immediately (day 3. yikes) and I beat myself up over it. Don't do that. That was dumb of me. But I know what you mean about boys on the brain: I originally started P90X because of a boy. He's no longer in the picture, but hopefully this time I can get through it for me. Plus there's sort of another new boy I have my eye on.

Got through shoulders & arms tonight. I can tell I'm going to be achy tomorrow. But after week 1 the pain subsides a lot for me (well, until things get switched up in phase 2) so I've just gotta work through this week and keep going! Hang in there ladies!
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #81  

Ok well had to skip last night's workout my neck is still killing me.. Hoping I can rest up today and do the workout tonight.. Fingers crossed...
Spiked, I agree the soreness does subside after a week... I totally got sore the first time I did arms and shoulders but feels so good afterwards...
Have a good day ladies..
Old 01-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #82  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

So last night was Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X. I totally ripped it up and am pushing myself to do as much as possible. Of course I can't do a pullup to save my life so I do weights instead but eventually I will be able to kill that pullup bar
Tonight is Kenpo which is my FAV!!
Oh and so far out of all the moves on the DVDs Ive done my favorite move is "sneaky lunges"...it burns soooo good haha
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Default want to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellydeFlores View Post
I know this isn't an exercise forum but I was wondering if any of the ladies in the 20's Threads are currently doing or will be or are thinking about it.

I tried it before but it didn't stick long. Now that I have some serious goals that have become much more important to me I have picked it back up again. I think I quit out the last time because I didn't have anyone to talk to about it and revel in the soreness!!!!

Would anyone be interested in starting a P90X Thread with me and updating each other often on the dvd's, the meal plans and the changes we will be making or seeing?
I see P90X on tv and always think wow I would love to do that... but it gives me the impression you need to be super fit before you begin. I'd love it if any of you ladies who have done P90X could share your stores how was it starting out, did you see results and if you dont mind what was your weight when you started
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Still haven't done any more workouts yet after the chest cold (I'm waiting until the cough is gone... being sick sucks) but I have a great boyfriend who's been cooking healthy meals and keeping me on track in that area. Hoping to be able to start (over) again by Monday.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

aasshhlleeyy: I was definitely not super fit when I started. I've never even attempted the fit test that you're supposed to do before you begin. But honestly, you don't need to be. You need to be willing to work HARD to see the awesome results, but you can tailor them for your fitness level. The strength exercises are obviously customizable by the number of reps and size of weights you use. But the cardio DVDs can be tailored too. For instance, I still can't get through plyo all the way without extra breaks. So I pause when I need to, or extend the built in water breaks a little longer so I can get my heart rate down or get my legs to stop burning.

The biggest thing (at least for me) is to not get discouraged that you can't keep up right away. If you could, p90x would be a big 'ol waste of money. It's a process. I've only gotten through the first month before stopping and restarting. I didn't take my measurements/weight at the end, but I can tell that I was definitely stronger, and my muscles definitely popped more. I was pretty much the same weight I am now when I originally started.

Brooksrm & tracyo, hope you two both feel better soon!

At work today we had to rearrange our 'cage' which is where we keep all the old paperwork/rxs (I'm a pharm tech) etc. The boxes don't look intimidating, but they're pretty heavy, and we had to pull them all out, restack them, then put them back in. Of course shoulders & arms was yesterday so my arms were already tired and sore. Then I had to throw boxes around and lift them over my head. I reeeeeally didn't want to do yoga tonight, but I pushed through the first 45 minutes. But then my wrists started to kill me and I couldn't do the vinyasas anymore. I'm not sure if it was because of the lifting at work or what, but I definitely don't remember them hurting like this any other times I've done yoga.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #86  

aasshhlleeyy: I am not fit either... I had my second child 4 months ago and had not doen any excercise for over 3 years... I was 201 when I started Jan 2nd and after almost two weeks I am 192.5.. I have never seen results this fast.. Like spiked said you tailor it to your ability but you push yourself to do a little more everytime... After a while it gets better....Although you will be sore for at least a week
Brooksrm: Hope your cold is gone soon so you can get back to the routine...
Spiked: must have been a long day but hey bonus calorie burning is always a good thing...
I am feeling better my neck feels more relaxed and tonight I will be doing legs and back and tomorrow kempo and I will be back on track...
Have a good day!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls,

I just wanted to say to keep at it. I did P90X for 6 months, and I lost 30lbs. So it really works. Right now I'm only doing the videos 3-4times a week, which is really my fault. And I alternate between the ones I think I need to work on, namely Legs and Back, Core X, Cardio, and Pylo.

I want to move it back up to 5-6 times per week, but life has been hectic for me. So I just hope that everyone keeps at it.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #88  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Finished Day 15 Which was Core again. I can't wait for day 30 to take progress pictures and weigh in.

I've definitely lost quite a bit of inches and gained LOTS of muscle. I'm about the same weight though but that will soon change
Tomorrow is Cardio X WOOHOO!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #89  

Ok Startingt week 3 today!!! Can't wait to see how much more I can do this week... The AbRipper X is still my biggest challenge.. I am doing at least 20 of each move but I am dead tired afterwards... Although I am doing much more than I was in week one... I can feel myself getting stronger... Today is chest and back and abs... All those push-up and pull-ups are a real workout...
Blcarter: I can't do a pull-up to save my life either but we will get there soon...
Hope to hear your progress after 30 days ladies...
Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #90  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Today is Cardio X woohoo! First I am off to work Yay Tracy for both us being on Week 3 I can't wait to see the results from the first 90 days and then do the classic(maybe some doubles) version for the next 90 days.

I will have a 6 pack(albeit stretch mark laden)