wormwooddoll
Umberto
krock614
Jeasonslea
jleeson
duinmiownthing
Total members: 13

Team Leader: akacutie

Last edited by lalique; 02-28-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #2  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool Almost time.....

Hello everyone!

Who is READY for this biggest loser contest? I can't hear you.... LOL.... I know we are all going to work really hard so that our team is the biggest loser!

Why don't we introduce ourselves?

I'll start.

My name is Tracy. I am 28 years old. I live in Michigan(lovely state, but cold still- snow...ahhhh!). I have two chihuahuas and an awesome boyfriend. I attend school fulltime and I work part-time at the college. I am applying to an accelerated nursing program after this semester is over... I have 2 pre-reqs that I needed to get in before I could apply. Once in the program is an intensive 14 months... Then I will be an RN. Cool, right? This is my second time in school... I already have a teaching degree and am certified to teach elementary school, but teaching jobs are hard to come by here in MI. I decided to move in a different direction rather than working dead end jobs while I waited for my own classroom.... It was the right move for me, but I do still get sad thinking I may be never teach again... I love the kiddos!

I attend weight watcher meetings which is what I do to monitor my food intake... love WW! I also work out at a gym with my boyfriend 2/3 days a week.... cardio for about an hour and then 30/45 minutes weight lifting. I LOVE WEIGHT LIFTING...... I am working towards increasing time in the gym to help with our challenge and my weight loss overall.

Well, Can't wait to hear from all of you!

Let's do this!!

Last edited by akacutie; 02-28-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I'll go next!

I too am very excited and have been looking forward to the beginning of this challenge for quite a while. I was down to 165 but had a few parties that threw me off track and bumped me back up to 170... grrr, this challenge is exactly what I need to get and KEEP my butt in gear! I have vowed to not drink any alcohol (which seemed to be what was holding me back) and only eat healthy calories (1200-1500 per day) for the duration of the challenge. I workout a TON so that will not be an issue for me. I like to run, do the stairs, go to spin and yoga classes, etc. I also am in the middle of the 30DS. I'm SO ready to lose this last 15 pounds!

About me... my name is Melissa, I'm 23 and currently in school getting my teaching credentials. I tend to keep quite busy and enjoy having a lot of fun things going on in my life. I have a dog, Zeus, and a cat, Oreo, who are my babies. I also have a boyfriend who I love very much! Oh and I'm very competative so get ready for this challenge!

GO US!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5"1

Hi guys!!

I am really excited for the biggest loser contest!!

My name is Jessica. I am 21 years old. I live in Vancouver. I am currently in school, but I finish in May!! I am in an Administrative Assistant program. I recently got engaged!!! I am super excited to get married. This has been a HUGE motivation for me. I want to be down to 130 by my wedding day, which is September 25, 2010. Secretely I am hoping to be down to that weight a year before my wedding though, which I think I can do. I have been working really hard for the past two months, and I have already lost 9 pounds. Before I came to this site, I weighed in at 178. I am now down to 169! I am also very competitive!!! Go team mango!!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

Hi I'm 20, im a student in Ireland. I started here at 155 and i've lost about 7lbs (I'll give my official BL starting weight tomorrow). This last week i gave up all 'diet' foods, instead trying small amount of the fattening stuff Im trying to cut out processed foods and stick to organic plain or home made stuff as much as possible, and keeping an eye on my calorie intake, aiming at 1500. I walk nearly everywhere but im going to start running this week

Anyway, im really excited to be part of Team Mango, i'll do you proud!

Last edited by Umberto; 02-28-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/174/145

Height: 5 ft 5

Hello everyone!!
My name is Kristen. I'm 26, married, and have a 2 year old son. I put on a whole bunch of weight with my pregnancy have had troubles getting it off. Since joining up wih 3FC I have been more motivated and got back on track. Can't wait to get this challenge started!! I normally keep to around 1400 calories a day and try to work out 3 times a week. Hopefully I can get in more exercise for the challenge. GO TEAM MANGO!!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #7  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I'm Corinne. I live in Philadelphia and I work full-time. I've been over weight since middle school, and have done 'crash' dieting before, but in September I tried good 'ol calorie counting and love it. I had some set backs in December & January but found my way back in February. I've been going on 20 days OP/binge free and can't wait to lose weight with you ladies!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 AM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

HELLO TEAM MANGO!!!

My name is Shari, I'm 22, and I live in The Alamo City (San Antonio). I've been on 3FC for a long time, it's my second home, I just haven't had that 'moment' where everything falls into place and I'm able to conquer those weight (and other) demons. But I keep rollin. It's all I can really do.

I am SO psyched about this challenge! I take it as a sign that I managed (with help from my work BFF and my mama) to buy a discounted 1 year membership to Bally's Total Fitness today! Only $118! I'm just tickled!

What are yall's goals for this challenge?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #9  
Going to be a mommy!

Lightbulb Hey all.....

Good Morning ladies

I am happy to say the challenge has officially started today! :dance

What do you guys have planned for the day? How are you going to be successful?

Bikini-I have given up alcohol too... 1- I thought it was negatively affecting my weight loss and 2- I really have troubling controlling how much I drink.(ok, I only drink with one out of town friend but when she was in town last month- let's just say it was not good when we went out.) So I told her the next we hang out I am not going to be drinking... I suggested a movie or bowling instead of the "club".

jleeson- on your engagment and upcoming graduation. Have you got a job lined up after graduation or do you still have to start looking?

Umberto- I hope you enjoy running! Have you used running as exercise in the past? My boyfriend is a runner- He thinks I should try, but I don't think I am ready for that yet... I just walk at about 3.2-3.5 mph when I use the treadmill @ gym.

Kristen- What is your son's name? What do you do for exercise? I am also planning on uping my exercise, but I currently work out at gym 2 days per week and my goal is to go 3 days.

Corrine- It's funny how the simplest things work! I know I tried every "trick" under the sun to lose weight but for me it was just tracking food in and exercise. I am doing WW which is based on calorie counting(foods given points). I really the support aspect of the meetings... I need support! Hence the reason I am here too!

Shari-My goals for the challenge are -
1. Track my food intake EVERY day
2. Eat more filling foods(ie veggies) and less JUNK.
3. lose 10 lbs during the challenge
4. Exercise 1260 minutes (3 days per week for 60 minutes)

I hope everyone has an awesome day!! I am going to visit my grandma today with my boyfriend. It will be fun.

Oh, I bought some mangos this week in honor of our team! Go Mangos!!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #10  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Hi all, sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier...

I'm Beth, I am going to be 20 in ten days...I am a student, currently in the CNA program at my school, then I am going to wait for my turn to go into the Nursing program. I live in Illinois. I need this challenge, my fiance is a Truck Driver over the road. So I need all the support I can get...I am hoping to loose a lot of weight... I have been over weight since I was a little kid...I hope that with this website and with Weight Watchers...I am hoping this is going to be the end of all this up and down stuff I have always been going through. Besides my fiance Matt, I have my mom and my sisters to look after...I still live at home so it makes it so super hard to do anything...I also have two rabbits, two dogs, and one cat...I love my animals!! LOL So yeah that's just something quick about me...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #11  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I'm REALLY hoping to get to goal by the end of the challenge! I know it's a large order but I KNOW I can do it if I keep focused, which I will need all of your help doing. We can all do awesome things in these 6 weeks if we stick together and keep our eyes on the prize!

I was kind of bummed this morning because Friday I was 169 and was good the past few days so must have some bloating going on to have pulled a 170.2 today. Well, I'm off to the gym!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #12  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

Ok my name is Melissa and I am currently finishing up my weight loss. I started somewhere between 205-195 and currently weigh 162...I was 161 but after some partying had to fight my way back down from 165 over the past week. I have decided that alcohol and over-indulging on my calories has been to blame for me not losing the last 6 lbs that I started out to achieve a little over a year ago. I have re-focused my mind and have decided that now is the time to get serious and start the new chapter of my life as a maintainer. I have certain goals leading throughout this challenge and I plan to not disappoint. I am excited to complete this challenge. We will all do well if we keep our eyes on target!! Go Team Mango.

Side things about me: I have 2 dogs. Tino (Purebred Yorkshire Terrier), 3 years old which I also breed. And I have recently adopted a new member of our family Remy (Chorkie-Poo) He is a little devil, but so freakin cute!! I also have 3 cats that range in ages and size their names are Jager, Ivy & Domino. Other than having a furbaby addiction, I live with my BF of 4 years and I currently work full time as an assistant in a market research firm as well as go to school part time to obtain my MBA (Masters in Business Administration)...umm Thats about it haha

Last edited by meldogml84; 03-01-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #13  
Going to be a mommy!

Lightbulb Go Mangos, Go Mangos, Go....

Howdy!

Sharpie- I love animals too!! I have two chihuahua- there are pics of them on my blog-- check em out sometime if you get bored! I agree with you- I want to end the Yo-Yo for once and all....

Biniki- You can make it to goal by the end of this challenge!!! You just gotta But I know you CAN do it! How was the gym? How long of a work out did you get in?

Melissa- You have done such a great job! What is your goal? Do you have any pics of your puppies?? I am in love with dogs... oh my BF too! he he he

Well, I am going to go PM the rest of team to see what they have been up to today!

Have a great evening ladies!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/208/140 REDO 268/267/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ladies!!

So sorry that I am so late, but I could NOT find this page for the life of me! lol no worries though because I now have it bookmarked!

ok so My name is Courtney and I am 23, I will graduate in August with my B.S. in Psyc and I start grad school for special education/ library sciences in the fall! I have two dogs (Tiffany and Oreo), A HUGE cat (Mosephus) and four Llamas ( Lorenzo, Leo, Lola and, Dolly) at home! Uhm... lol I love to read and work with my kids, and I am obnoxiously (sometimes annoyingly) positive person!

Oh I am really excited to be a Mango! GO MANGOS!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #15  
Erica

S/C/G: 155/150/138

Height: 5'6''

Hullo All,

So my lovely friend was telling me all about this site and this challange and then signed me up for it (which I wanted her to) but b/c she did all the grunt work I forgot my password and username so that is why it took me so long to post.

My name is Erica, I am 24 and ready to shed my extra luv. I graduated last year and took a job working with kids where I gained 15lbs and it has taken me forever to even make a dent in the weight, so I am super excited about doing this. I am going back to school for nursing (Kristin I want to do the accelerated nursing program too, I have a couple more prereqs though).

I like working out and eating healthy but I do need the help from you guys to get back to remembering why I like doing those things. I started the 30DS with my friend (and I am making my mom do it too) and I am going to do WW as well.

I am not shy so ask me anything, oh and a warning I am an aweful speller! I do mean absolutely aweful.

LETS KICK SOME BOOTY LADIES!!!
Closed Thread