View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #38
kelema

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

Smile LightWeight with an Appetite (For Life)

Weight has always been a big deal in my household. I don't place blame on anyone, but my mother has always been slender (115ish) and tall (5'8"). So once I hit middle school and hadn't grown tall and instead had just put on weight, I felt like I couldn't be a woman unless I was thin and pretty. I felt guilty constantly about eating and not exercising, I felt if I went to bed at night without working out an hour or skipping a meal, that I had "failed". In highschool, I really "bloomed", I guess. I grew several inches (5'7") and lost weight in healthier ways than before (now 120lbs). I met a great guy at the end of freshman year who loved my body the way it was, and he really helped me to discard any phobias of food or fat. I'm in my junior year currently, and although he's not around anymore (he's going to college out west) he continually provides support.
However, now that I feel like I am mentally healthy enough to see my body in a reasonable way (I no longer see a 'fat girl' but a lean, mean, healthy machine!), I'm ready to get into the best shape of my life. This does not necessarily mean losing weight, but instead working out, weight training, and kicking my system into high gear! Also, I've vowed to stop putting foods in my mouth that are unhealthy for me. This doesn't mean cutting calories, but instead just avoiding foods laden with trans fats, fake sugars, and chemicals I cannot pronounce.
I read through this entire thread and feel so inspired by all you ladies! You all have really become beautiful people in your efforts to have a healthier body. I can't wait to take this journey with you!