Potatoes in a Yoghurt Sauce
500g or a pound of new potatoes in their skins (halve them if they are large)
10 oz or 1 and a quarter cups of very low fat yoghurt
4oz / half cup of water
quarter tsp ground turmeric
half tsp chilli powder
half tsp ground cumin
one tsp soft brown sugar
quarter tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies, sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are just tender then drain and set aside. (Can do this the day before)
2. Mix together the yoghurt, water, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, sugar and a little salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a medium heavy based saucepan and stir in the cumin seeds, fry until begin to splutter.
4. Reduce the heat and stir in the spicy yoghurt mixture and cook for about 3 mins over a medium heat.
5. Add in the fresh coriander, the green chllies and the cooked potatoes. Blend everything together and cook for a further 5-7 minutes, stirring from time to time - serve hot.
(Heaviest/start weight @ October '05)
My Spring Challenge:
* Ignore the scales *
* Eat a healthy low fat, low GI diet focusing on portion control *
* Stop unhealthy snacking *
* Move more *
* Keep a diet/exercise diary *