500g / 1lb spinach, washed and cooked for 2 mins. Allow to cool then using your hands squeeze the water out - retaining half a cup of it.
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 inch pice of root ginger finely chopped (or grated)
Half tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 tsp salt
1. Heat the oil in a heavy based large pan and fry the mustard seeds until they start to splutter.
2. Add the sliced onion, garlic cloves and chopped ginger to the mustard seeds and fry for 5 mins, stirring.
3. Add the chilli powder, salt and spinach water and cook for a further 8 minutes.
4. Add the drained spinach, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 mins.
(Heaviest/start weight @ October '05)
My Spring Challenge:
* Ignore the scales *
* Eat a healthy low fat, low GI diet focusing on portion control *
* Stop unhealthy snacking *
* Move more *
* Keep a diet/exercise diary *