Old 11-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #94
Tennessee
TemporaryFatChick

Hi, I'm new here, and this seemed like a good place to start, so here goes

DATE: November 2, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tennessee/Stacy

BIRTHDAY: April 30th

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No hubby, no kids

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like a variety of things, all kinds of music, organic gardening, and I have a small business making and selling soap and toiletries.

PETS: No pets

ATKINS START DATE: October 23, 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My Aunt started Atkins about 15 years ago, after years of yo-yo diets. She went from a size 24 to a 12, and in the years since, she's been able to stay a size 12-14. I went to the Dr. and found out my blood sugar was high. I'm not a diabetic, but I'm afraid it's in my future if I don't get some weight off. I read about a lot of different diets, and Atkins and South Beach seem to address blood sugar issues more directly than others. Besides, there's real food available, I don't have to weigh and measure, and I think I might be able to actually stick to it

TOP WEIGHT: 280

CURRENT WEIGHT: 264

GOAL WEIGHT: Ultimately, I'd like to be under 200

HEIGHT: 5' 11"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown (gray under the dye!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Tennessee

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Bad habits I guess. I have developed a pretty sedentary life. I have a hard time not cleaning my plate, and I eat the way I was raised eating lots of pasta, potatoes, bread, cheese, fried foods, desserts, and that's the food that I eat by habit. It's also the food that I love

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This time it's all about me, not about feeling pressured or shamed into it or trying to get into a pair of pants for a reunion, etc. I'm not feeling sad or depressed or desperate about my weight, I just want to get some off. I guess the big difference is that I feel ready, and I'm doing it just for me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm intellegent, funny and kinda silly when the mood strikes, and people seem to like to hang out with me. I love to be outside puttering in the garden, learning new things and getting to know new people.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I'm stunned at how good I feel after just a short time on Atkins. I'm actually energetic enough to go for a walk when I get off work, rather than feeling like I need a nap.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote