Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #16  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Fabulous NSVs, everyone! I, too, love reading them....they are so inspiring whether they happen to you or to someone else. Always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!

I was driving to my WW meeting this morning and thinking along the way about the past week. My leader always asks who had a bravo moment, etc, and I realized I had a couple this week!

Lily, I too made a ton of cookies Friday. We had a snow day from school, and it seemed like the perfect time to do some holiday baking. I baked almost 500 cookies, and didn't sample any....not even the dough!

Next I had to make reservations for a hotel for a dance competition in early February. Without even thinking about it (I just realized it this morning) I asked the lady on the phone if they had on-sight gym facilities so I could work out.....what?...me?....last year we went to the same place and I never even considered it, now I'm booking my room based on whether or not they have an elliptical machine for me to use!

This morning after my meeting I stopped at Macy's real quick to pick up a gift. I was shopping all alone so I thought I'd look at some jeans while I had time. Well, I never once stepped into the Women's department, only misses. I took in size 18s thinking there was no way, as I started out in a 20W-22W, and these were missy sizes. The 18s were too big, the 16s fit perfect! Woo Hoo! I almost bought them, then thought, nope, by the end of the year I'll be in a 14, so I can wait!!

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend....keep up the great work!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

My hubby got a gander at my triceps and was impressed -- I'm building some real muscles!!!!

I love this thread!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG wyllen and Kelly, great NSV's.
I went out to dinner with my family tonite. This particular restaurant has fabulous chocolate cake. I sat there for a minute watching my family eat it and thought "NO, it's not worth it". I sipped my coffee, waited on them to finish and left without eating cake.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #19  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Super willpower, lilybelle! Good for you!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

As usual great NSV's. Love reading em.

Boaterswife I LOVE the fact that you inquired about a hotel gym - just shows you how one's head can be turned around. And that's what it's all about.

Lilybelle, those No, it's not worth it ones are great. I love when I do this, because in the past - nothing was off limits to me, I just ate and ate and ate, whatever I wanted to. So I think the "No, it's not worth it" times are really, really important and what will help us forever and ever. Just making the choice, the decision to love yourself more then the food.

My hubby and I had some friends over last night, we ate and talked and talked and they ate and ate and I talked and talked. I was really very good with the food. But here's my NSV - which I needed and has remotivated me greatly today. Amazing what some male compliments will do for a gal. One of the men which I had just seen 2 weeks ago said to me "Boy you just keep getting smaller and smaller everytime I see you." And another one of the men who I hadn't seen since I started this said "What happened to the other half of you?"

P.S. I made everybody take home all the extra food, so it's outta my house!!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

rockinrobin, WTG those compliments from men are awesome. Most men never notice anything. lol.

My DH last night asked what size clothes to get me for Christmas. I told him and he said "Uh, Oh, I thought you'd wear a SMALL". I'm glad he thought so, but nope, not happening. LOL.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

The last two nights I did not finish my plate of food because I was full. I always feel compelled to keep eating even when I'm full so this is progress for me.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
The last two nights I did not finish my plate of food because I was full. I always feel compelled to keep eating even when I'm full so this is progress for me.
This to me is one of the very biggest NSV's one can have. WTG Lifeguard!!! I always say I'm going to do this, even leave just one bite over, not empty my plate, but it's yet to happen. Ohhhh one day......
Old 12-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #24  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

Last night, my husband made cookies and offered me some. They smelled wonderful, but I had one of those "It's not worth it" moments and turned him down. I'm glad it was near bedtime, though, because my willpower doesn't last long.

Julie
Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

What is an NSV??
Old 12-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #26  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueenLucy View Post
What is an NSV??
A non-scale victory. When you accomplish something that isn't directly tied to your weight on the scale but is about getting healthier and/or smaller.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if it's a NSV, but I was talking to my mom last night about weight loss and she was telling me that this friend/co-worker of hers considers ME a success story! I always look at the negative and never really look at the positive.. that comment made me stop and think.

Congrats everyone! Keep 'em coming!

-Aimee
Old 12-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Lifeguard, that's quite an accomplishment!

I was working out at the gym today and a woman, whom I've never seen before that I recall, told me that she's noticed that I've lost weight and am looking really fit. Having a stranger say that made me feel darn good!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I think this counts as an NSV? One of the signs that it was time to really take this weight loss thing seriously was that I wasn't able to sit comfortably with my legs crossed at my knees because my thighs had just gotten too big. This weekend, while I was sitting at my friend's house, I realized that, without even thinking about it, I was crossing my legs at my knees again! I was so thrilled, it gave me the willpower to resist most of the christmas cookies being served (well, all but one - had to have a small taste).

Congrats to the rest of you NSV-ers...I love this thread, it is great to read about victories that don't involve watching the scale change!
Closed Thread