Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I bought some size 20 pants at the end of October and they fit but where tight on me. I hadn't ware them since the day after I bought them (Mainly I've been wearing PJs and Sweats the last few weeks). I put them on the yesterday and they fit perfect.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #122  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Way to go, RemeberHowToSmile. I can't wait to start fitting into some smaller sizes. Only problem is I don't have any. When we moved I took my skinny clothes to the DAV Thrift Store. I have been wearing size 26 Rider jeans. I had a pair of 26 Chic jeans that run a bit smaller and I am in to those....and hoping they become too big soon. Guess I will have to make a trip to the thrift store. Don't to spend good money on new clothes till I get to where I am going...145.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Chris - I understand the fustration with clothing. I didn't have anything smaller then a 22-24 up until a few months ago. I've been watching sales and bought these pants at fashion bug they had a buy one get one for a dollar sale so I bought two pairs both almost too small figureing I would eventually fit into them. But one thing that really motivates me is wearing my 24 sweat pants that I can barely keep up anymore. I think after the new year starts I'm going to go to the thirft store and try and find some more pants that are even smaller to give me a goal.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #124  
A matter of time

RemeberHowToSmile, I know it is only a matter of time before I have to go shopping for new clothes and I will enjoy every moment of it...unlike the past.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #125  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies, Oh isn't it so much more fun now to clothes shop! (or at least try on clothes). Yesterday DD and I went window shopping. For the first time in YEARS, I can wear clothes from the misses section. Size 16 from the misses section for dresses, 14/16 for tops. Still wearing a 16W for the bottoms, but even that is a size down from the last time I tried on clothes. As I was trying one of the dresses, I glanced in the mirror, and it suddenly ocurred to me that I looked normal. Not morbidly obese, not huge, just a normal woman (okay one that still needs to lose some weight, but that's normal now anyway).

After our day spent trying on clothes (didn't buy anything), I got home and opened my birthday present from DH. I hit the big 4 - 0 yesterday. He had bought me a pair of 3X 22/24 pajamas. That kind of put a damper on my day. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, since apparently he still thinks he has to buy me the biggest size in the store. I ended up laughing, after all it is the thought that counts, right? But I'm taking those back today and getting a pair that fits!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #126  
A matter of time

jtammy

Happy Birthday.

Wow, I don't know if I would laugh or cry. Guess it is best to laugh. Men are so clueless about size. Hope you find a great pair pajamas in the right size.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:30 AM   #127  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks, Chris. I'm putting it down to some men being so clueless (and stupid) about sizes. I guess that shows me that he certainly hasn't been listening whenever I say, I'm down to a size ___ now. Although my 14 yo DS told me "I told him not to buy ones that big", so maybe there is hope for the next generation.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:53 AM   #128  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Jtammy first of all a big Happy Birthday to you. I hit my 4 -0 3 years ago, and I vowed then to be fit and healthy for the real biggie, the big 5 -0.

I know what you mean, I also feel overweight, but, but not quite as obese as before. Not as much as a standout. Hard to explain what I'm trying to say, but something tells me you understand what I mean. Like I fit in, just like most women struggling with their weight.

As far as the clothing size and hubby, I have warned my husband for years and years not to buy me clothing, I just didn't want to fess up about the size.
I wouldn't put too much umm weight into the fact that he got you the wrong size. They are indeed different creatures the male species. Gotta love em though. Hope you had a great birthday and have fun picking out the right size!!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Ok - mine is not body related at all but I'm sooooo excited that I have to mention it.

We have electricity in our kitchen!!!! We have been doing renos (still not done) & have not had power in there since we moved in in February! I've been going in & just turning the lights on & off!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #130  
A matter of time

WooHoo I have been there when we remodeled our bathroom. I know how good that feels. Let's party.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #131  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey Lisa,

Sorry I'm posting a bit late...I've been away and am catching up on the threads. I think its great that you are really getting into the running! Have you always enjoyed running or is this new for you? I used to run when I was in my early twenties. I ran 5 miles a day. I strained my knee and had to stop running for a while. Unfortunately, I never started again. One of my goals is to run a marathon one day. But, I have to walk before I can run!

Lifeguard, great picture! I'm glad you posted about your scrap book evening. It helps to remind me to be sensitive to those around me. As a Mom, I can tell you that I sometimes feel like my whole life revolves around the kids and I've lost me....all of my time and energy is consumed with the kids needs and I have forgotten how to make adult conversation. I'll try to remember you situation when I am around my friends with no children.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #132  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My NSV. I helped my dog through labor with 12 adorable chocolate lab puppies. I was in the floor with her all night on Sunday. My hips and legs are so sore from getting up and down. I don't think I could have done all this if I hadn't lost the weight.

I know what you all mean about men and clothing sizes. Most are clueless. My DH always bought me a size 20 when I was size 14. Now that I wear a large to medium in shirts, he buys a small. That will never fit. Oh well. I like to trade them in and shop for myself.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #133  
A matter of time

Aww Lily, chocolate lab puppies. There is no way I oculd have gotten up and down a lot with the birth of puppies. I love dogs but we have decided we aren't dog people. I can never house break a dog. Even took a class on it. We adopted an older dog and were told he was house broken. NOPE. I think it had to do with the puppy we had before peeing in the house. It was all cleaned but I am betting a dog could tell. So we stick to our 3 cats. Much easier cleaning a litter box then a carpet.

GirlyGirl, you need to take some "me" time and have some adult company once and a while.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #134  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I was walking 15 minutes to the bus stop yesterday and a friend of my 8 year old's dad seen us walking and stopped and wanted to give us a ride. I told him no thanx we were going the other way and enjoying the walk. (I wound up walking 2 1/2 hours yesterday and walk an average of 60 minutes a day). He was pretty pushy about it and saying, "Oh, the other way isn't too far, I'll give ya a ride there then." I said, no really, we appreciate the offer but I am exercising, I have lost 72 pounds this last year thru walking and healthy eating.

He said, "You look good!"

hahahah Funny how when I was fat and walked all over the place almost no one ever offered me a ride. Now that I am alot thinner, everyone is pulling over to offer!!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

That's a good one, Jasmine!! It IS funny how people treat you differently after you've dropped a few pounds.

GirlyGirl, I've never really been into running until now, and I'm not sure I'd even call what I do so far "running" -- maybe a light jog!

If you're thinking of getting into it too, you should check out the "cool running" website and take a look at their Couch-to-5k program. It gets you there gradually. I sort of made up my own version of it and did it based on how I felt. I think I ended up getting to 30 minutes of straight jogging more quickly than I would've on the program they laid out, even though most weeks I only ran one day. There's also a great thread in the Exercise forum called "Advice on becoming a runner." Most of the folks there have done the C25K plan and are beginning runners as well. You'll be surprised at how quickly your body adapts to it. Once I crossed the threshold of running 5 minutes straight, I quickly went to 10 and from there I was at 30 in no time. It's still hard, but I'm getting used to it and I actually enjoy it.
Closed Thread