Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #46  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome, Casey! Way to be in control of the food, rather than the food being in control of you! Keep it up!! My WW leader talks about those experiences all the time, and says that each time you come out on top (like you did) it makes you that much stronger for the next time. I believe she's totally correct! Every time you say no, it's a little easier than it was the time before.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

famograham, I'll second WindyCityChick's comments about the C25K program. Check out the "Advice on becoming a runner" thread in the Exercise forum if you haven't already. I was doing my own version of the C25K plan until I hurt my knee last week, and I plan to get back to it. I never thought I could run, but once I got past the 5-minute intervals, it was amazing -- I was suddenly able to run for 20 minutes straight! Then I hurt my knee, but not because of running -- I fell. Anyway, you should try it!!

A few NSVs today...

A student and a coworker both told me I look like I've lost a lot of weight. The coworker was walking right behind me down the hall and she said she didn't realize it until she saw me from behind...haha...I guess my booty is dwindling!

After work today, I had to put on a coworker's jacket, and he's a thin male. I was nervous about it, but I had to put something red on for a picture (long, boring story), and everyone said for me to put on the jacket. Before, I would've been afraid to even try because I'd know it wouldn't fit. But this time I was brave. I glanced at the tag before I put it on, and it said Large -- of course, it's a man's large, but still. A man's large would never have fit me at 275, but today it did! Yay! I actually didn't have to be embarrassed!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Today my sister-in-law said that she thought my rear was getting more lifted. That felt nice 'cause it's something I noticed but it's wonderful to hear from someone else.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #49  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I went to my step daughters RN pinning ceremony tonite. I was dressed up and felt that I looked nice. I've said before that I hated running into his XW that had lost a 100 lbs. while I was nearly 100 lbs. overweight. Well, she refound hers and the tables are turned again. She always spoke to me when I was huge, but she didn't speak a word to me tonite.

Lisa , WTG on the jacket fitting. I used to hate it when my DH would hand me something of his and comment "it will probably fit you, it's big on me". Every single time it wouldn't come close to fitting me.

Lifeguard, WTG on getting that Butt lifted and especially on people noticing. Bet that had to make you feel great.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #50  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Congratulations everyone!!!

My size 24's are already a little big on me.

And last Sunday I was craving Burger King. I thought to myself, "I'll just go through the drive thru to get a Kids Meal, just to get the taste." Well, I ran out of time & didn't get the chance to go & you know what? I DIDN'T DIE!!! Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace View Post
Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.
That's a huge NSV, SAPF!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace View Post
And last Sunday I was craving Burger King. I thought to myself, "I'll just go through the drive thru to get a Kids Meal, just to get the taste." Well, I ran out of time & didn't get the chance to go & you know what? I DIDN'T DIE!!! Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.
Hee hee! That's great!!!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #53  

Height: 5.6

These are such fantastic posts - everyone is doing great!

My NSV is that I am still not smoking - no matter how desperately I want one and I am still not drinking coffee even though the in me is saying go ahead. I can't do one without the other. So it has been a few weeks and yesterday felt like the first day all over again. But I survived..........

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My NSV is with this weeks weight loss I am no longer considered Morbidly Obese instead I am now considered Severely Obese!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #55  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Penney, big congrat's on the not smoking. That is great.

Smile, that is fantastic that you are moving down that ladder to a healthier you. WTG.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Penney, the single best thing you can do for yourself is to stop smoking--kudos to you!! I think it's even more important than losing weight, IMHO, so the fact that you're doing both shows me that you are a really strong person.

Smile, it's always great to move down a category. Good for you!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #57  
Kelly M

Just got home early from a Christmas party so DH could go to work (he's on midnights this week)...couples only, no kids, etc. We were doing the secret santa/rob your neighbor and I was number 8 out of 11 on the female side. Well, when they called #8 I yelled "it's me, it's me, I'm 8" and a friend said "I don't think so....you're way closer to a 10 than a 8!" I could've kissed him right then and there! Let me follow up by saying his DW is a personal trainer, so you know how she's built! Anyway, just had to share!

Everyone else, kudos to you! I am so inspired EVERY DAY by reading all your posts....keep it up!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #58  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oooh, that's a good one, Kelly!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #59  

Height: 5.6

Default Thanks

Thanks for the "pats on the back" - that was so nice....

It is hard - and to be honest - everyday I have to make a decision to not smoke or drink coffee. Honestly the only good thing that has come out of my smoking is that my kids have seen me struggle for years with trying to quit and that has made them so aware of why they should not pick up any nasty habit...

Everyone here has such wonderful posts - I really enjoy coming in here and reading everyone's posts - it keeps you in check - it lifts your spirits and makes you look at the bright side of everything....

Way to go everyone - keep up the GREAT work.... especially during the season... after reading the posts.... I just have to be a copycat and steal one of my daughter's favorite sayings.. "Yeah - we ROCK!" LOL
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #60  
Kelly M

Thanks, CC! The guy's name is Joe, and I don't think he'll ever know what that coment did to me or for me. I'll never forget it....it was just one of those unsolicited things that pop out of someones mouth....not thought out, so no time to censor it! I'm still warm inside!
Closed Thread