Old 08-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Congrats on your new Fitbit! I hope you enjoy breaking it in so to speak. Ha! I usually have an array of options for unsuspecting TOM victims as well (I also tend to be a walking pharmacy- you never know when you’ll need allergy meds or anti-inflammatories haha). The stuffed peppers were delicious, and they’re so much easier/less messy than a tuna melt. I’m slowly shifting my brain and way of thinking about food (delicious food definitely helps with that ). Glad to hear your trip to the market was productive! I’m planning to get to the one my town just opened later next week.

E_boh312: Way to go on your drop! And great job with the walk!! Onward and downward

Just focusing on eating on plan and getting all of my water and electrolytes in today. I can’t wait for this bloating to go away. Work tonight and tomorrow night. I will be looking to see if I can get some overtime shifts to ease paying for my upcoming vacation at the end of the month. Have a fantastic Saturday everyone

SW:254.8
7/31: 254.8
GW: 249

Week 1:
8/1: 254.8 (+/-0)
8/2: 258.0 (+3.2) SW
8/3: 257.6 (-0.4) SW
8/4: 259.1 (+1.5) SW
8/5:
8/6:
8/7:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 08-05-2018 at 04:53 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #17  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 211 CW: 209 (- 2) GW: 199.8

1. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
2. No Weigh In.
3. 211
4. No Weigh In.
5. 210.4 (- .6)
6. 210.6 (- .4)
7. 209.2 (- 1.8)
8. No Weigh In.
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. 209.4 (- 1.6)
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. 209.6 (- 1.4)
18. 210.2 (- .8)
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. No Weigh In.
22. No Weigh In.
23. No Weigh In.
24. 209.6 (- 1.4)
25. 209.6 (- 1.4)
26. 209 (- 2)
27. No Weigh In.
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. No Weigh In.
31. No Weigh In. Out of Town.

Total Weight Loss - 2 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 09-04-2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #18  

VickieLou: Nice to see you again

Last night was the first time in a few months that I didn’t feel exhausted midway through my shift. I ended up switching to days last year around this time (July, actually) because I was having a hard time sleeping during the day. I’m glad that I recognized it this year and stuck it out, because it’s starting to get better. Plan for tonight is work again; I picked up an extra shift tomorrow night too to get some extra cash. Plan for dinner tonight is another salad topped with lots of colorful veggies and tuna salad. Have a great end to your weekend everyone

SW: 254.8

Week 1:
8/5: 258.6 (-0.5) SW
8/6:
8/7:
Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Happy Sunday everyone! Where’d the weekend go ?! Not a lot to report today. I read on another thread a recipe for taco salad and I couldn’t get it out of my head so bought fixings for that for this week. This afternoon I ate a couple of big slices of watermelon for lunch and it was so refreshing on this hot day.

VickieLou: ! Nice to see you back on the thread! Good luck with your goals this month .

RunningRedHead: You listened to your body, didn’t second guess and it worked! Interestingly, someone posted a New York Times article recently about eating and circadian rhythms so there may be some overlap in your experience and the research presented. Our bodies...an experiment of one .

A lovely Sunday evening to all.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #20  

Good morning

I hope it was a good weekend for all. It's shaping up to be an uneventful Monday for me. I don't know if I mentioned it but my request for replacement staff for our transfer adviser was approved about a month ago but this was when I was knee deep in hiring our Veterans Certifying Official. I need to have that request begin to move through HR. If I'm lucky I might be able to have someone on board by the beginning of the quarter in late September. I'm also taking advantage of the opportunity to squeeze in a few more vacation days before the new academic year begins. I'll be taking off one day each week this month. Between my trip to Colorado and these upcoming days I should have a good cushion so that I don't max my vacation time any time soon. TOM arrived Saturday and I'm bloated, and sore yet I'm determined to have a good day! Wishing everyone the same!
Old 08-07-2018, 12:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Its August already?!
I will face the scale tomorrow. I can prepared for a big up lol. That's okay. I got this.

Lots is happening right now... my sister is law is starting to have contractions (pretty sure Brixton hicks) though we are getting closer to her due date (Sept 2nd)

My friend who adopted the baby...she lives in a place called Telegraph Creek (northern BC). There is a huge forest fire starting to surround her property. Her and baby evacuated but her husband and the dads or on the property trying to save their home and b&b.
I feel so horrible for them! They are amazing people. I started a GoFundMe page for them and have been doing a small bake sale today (it's a stat holiday here and I had the day off). These guys mean everything to me and I dont know what else I can do for them. I am heavy heart. They are losing there home and b&b (their source of income) plus still paying the adoption fees... so heartbreaking... ugh.❤

I will weigh in tomorrow and update my weight and goal to August.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:52 AM   #22  
Gizmo

​​​​​​Nichelle that is so scary and heartbreaking to hear about your friend in BC. They should be celebrating this new child into their lives and instead they have to deal with this huge fire. Hope they all stay safe through this ordeal.

curvynotlumpy how nice that you'll have a few short work weeks until the next semester to enjoy the rest of the Summer. How has the Kondo method work for you so far? Are you happy with the progress and results?

RunningRedHead I'm glad that you have been feeling more energized as you adjust to your schedule. Are there no regular shifts available during the day? You mentionned that you had switched to day shifts last year, what made you go back to night shifts?

VickieLou

e_boh312 yes I agree that this heat is unbearable. Congratulations on moving to a new decade and hope this heat subsides so you can continue to enjoy good walks.

I worked my first weekend at the new store and though it was busy, it went really well. I guess it can never be as busy as weekends in my former store so in comparison it almost felt quiet. Yesterday I worked another 12-hour shift. It seems that if I'm not there to think of adjusting the schedule to accomodate a big delivery tomorrow, no one will do it. My boss has chosen to give me an extra day off on Friday, she said it was for all the hours I put in during the pre-opening period. At least she noticed and it will give me a 3-day weekend. Maybe by then some of this horrendous humidity will break so I can go on some walks again. I was planning on walking very early this morning on my day off but my feet are raw and full of blisters from wearing new shoes without socks yesterday. That was definitely not the smartest choice to make. In fact I'm up now tending to my "wounds" because even just the bed sheets rubbing against the back of my feet hurts terribly and I can't sleep. I'm still doing well for breakfast and packing healthy lunches, but it's so uncomfortably hot that by suppertime neither David nor I feel like cooking so we pick-up whatever is convenient and too often not healthy. I'm not drinking enough water either, you'd think that with this heat I would drink more. I'm just trying to hang in there for now.

Hope everyone will have a great Tuesday ahead.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #23  

Good morning

Martine. Good to see you checking in; I figured it might be some time with the new store opening and getting off the ground. I can only about making less than stellar food choices when you're tired and on the run. I have the excess weight to prove it! I'm happy your boss recognized how hard you've been working and gave you the three-day weekend. This will provide you a little time to rest up and rest your feet. I hope you do get a break from the exhausting humidity.

Nichelle: My thoughts and many big to you and your friend and her family. This is so familiar. I'm in Northern California and while the fires are pretty far off from where I live, they are raging throughout the state! It's scary, devastating and bad. What a wonderful thing you've done by establishing a Go Fund Me account. Keeping all of you in my prayers and that your sister-in-law has normal and healthy labor and delivery.

Wishing all of you a safe and happy Tuesday.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #24  

Martine, I forgot to reply to your question about the Kondo Method. So far, so good as I apply it to my office. I never made it to my drawers and closets at home as I want to keep the chaos to a minimum. A couple of weeks ago I had a mini "garage sale" (everything was free actually) and set out a bunch of free stuff I had accumulated from various university programs over the last few years. I put a sign next to the items stating, "If you can use it, you can have it." There were probably 12-15 items out and all were gone by lunch time. I think I'll be having another give-away soon as I found some more items I think students might have use for.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #25  

Curvy-Wow!Awesome they applied that discount!That is a big discount!Glad you are liking your fitbit!

Uneventful here. It's been hot and I haven't been going on my lunchtime walks.As a big chested girl that is the last thing I want to do is get all sweaty everywhere and then go back to work for the next 4 hours.This heat is ridiculous.

8/5:nwi
8/6:nwi
8/7:nwi
8/8:299.4
8/9
8/10
8/11
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #26  

Curvy: I’ll have to find that article, it sounds very interesting. I love the phrase regarding our bodies and wellness being an experiment of one! As someone just finishing up with Tom, I hope your bloating and discomfort go away soon. Good on you for your determination to have a good day despite Tom.

Nichelle: Thoughts and prayers going out for your friend and her family How kind of you to start a gofundme page for them!

Martine: Glad to hear your first weekend at the new store went well, if quiet. I’m also happy that your boss recognized how hard you worked to make this store everything it is. I hope you’re able to really enjoy your three day weekend. I totally get what you mean about not wanting to drink water when it’s so hot out. Okay, here’s my scheduling nonsense in a caffeine-induced-rambling nutshell: I’ve been doing night shift for almost 4 years now, and most of the time it isn’t so bad, but last year I noticed I could not sleep during the day to save my life before a night shift, so I switched to days. Turns out I couldn’t sleep before a day shift either, and there is more money (and sometimes less stress due to fewer hands in the pot) working night shift so I switched back last fall. I think I was a normal day-person for a total of three months. I didn’t have trouble sleeping again until about the same time of year this year (super weird, I can’t figure it out), but I waited it out this instead of switching schedules and now it’s getting back to my normal nocturnal-ish sleeping pattern I love night shift and my team that works nights with me, so while I could do days, I don’t because they make the sleep deprivation worth it

E_boh312: I completely understand what you mean bout the sweat “everywhere I can’t say that I blame you! Here’s hoping this awful heat and humidity break soon!

I’m playing a bit of catch-up here today, as I’ve been offline for a few days, but ready to get back and at it. Yesterday’s weigh-in was ridiculous at 261 (completely due to water retention from lack of sleep). I made sure I got all my water in yesterday (including a liter of ketorade to get some potassium and sodium back since my legs started getting crampy) and got some decent rest last night (except for the part where my sleep schedule is a little wonky right now). However, it did the trick as I had the woosh of a lifetime when I checked in today at 256.9, bringing me closer to being on par with where I was before shark week. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

SW:254.8

Week 1:
8/5: 258.6 (-0.5) SW
8/6: 258.2 (-0.4) SW
8/7: 261.0 (+2.8) SW
Total for Week 1: +6.2
Total for August: +6.2

Week 2:
8/8: 256.9 (-4.1)
8/9:
8/10:
8/11:
8/12:
8/13:
8/14:
Old 08-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #27  

Transfer Orientation started today and everything went fine. Unfortunately due to building renovations our various programs occur throughout each day for the next week and are spread between opposite ends of the campus. It really chops up our calendars and days. The good news is I've already reached 8,000 steps and it's not even noon.

RunningRedHead: That IS a great swoosh! And now you know for sure what works with your normal sleep patterns and what doesn't. Maybe it's hormonal? Maybe it has something to do with this time of year?

e_boh312: It makes perfect sense why you don't want to walk during during your lunch hour. Sometimes I will walk even on these hot days but it always means being prepped. I bring a workout bag with different clothes including underwear and of course a towel. While it works it still takes time for my body to cool down and my face to not look beet red! Honestly, sometimes I don't want to make the effort.

Happy hump day, all!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 08-09-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #28  

Good morning

Just checking in to wish everyone a good day. I forgot my lunch at home but at least it's in the refrigerator and not sitting on the counter or table getting warm . Anticipating a hot but typical day so my plan is to stay indoors and stay hydrated!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #29  

Curvy: Glad to hear everything went fine with the first day of transfer orientation went well. Your description of everything being spread out and chopped up reminds me of why I had a love/hate relationship with going to school physicically instead of doing online programs. The large campus and lots of walking was awesome, except when I was running late and it was terrible Sorry to hear you forgot your lunch, but hooray for it not being out on the counter spoiling. Stay hydrated and cool

My plans for the day include cleaning out my car and later today going to Tanglewood with my cousin to see a performance of A Quiet Place. I’ve never seen/heard it before, so I’m excited. I love summers at Tanglewood, it’s such a beautiful place nestled in the Berkshires and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I hope everyone has a great day

SW: 254.8
8/7: 261.0

Week 2:
8/8: 256.9 (-4.1)
8/9: 257.1 (+0.2)
8/10:
8/11:
8/12:
8/13:
8/14:
Old 08-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #30  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

(I hope everyone is doing well...I have way too much to do today to catch up on personals, but I will do that tomorrow. )

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I could have sworn I made a post on both of my daily threads on the 4th, but - apparently - I never actually posted them?? It's only showing the initial posts on the 1st. So weird! Anywho, between the kids going back to school and getting ready to go back to school again myself (for the first time in 10 years...this is going to be rough, lol), things have been insanely busy. I'll post the recap from last week, as well as the weigh-ins from yesterday and today, since I clearly haven't posted in awhile. With TOM being here in Week One, I only lost about 0.2 lbs all week with the fluctuations up and down...however, I seem to be catching up a bit the past couple of days. I have been lower on the water, so it could be a touch of dehydration, but I will take it for now! Which means -- unless I jump back up after rehydrating, of course -- I am officially back in the green AND have surpassed my ALL-TIME low weight of 167 lbs! I will wait until I know it's going to stick before I add a new dragonfly to my signature, but I'm happy for the small boost of willpower from it for today...I needed it after July being a wash due to vacation, lol.

Week One
01: 169.2 - (tom)
02: 169.0 - (tom)
03: 169.4 - (tom)
04: 169.6 - (tom)
05: 170.0
06: 168.6
07: 168.6
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 0.2 lbs.

Week Two
08: 167.8