Old 07-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #31  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: Sending positive energy your way regarding the candidate's acceptance of the position, and I agree that maybe the Universe has sent you a sign for an upgrade on the FitBit...lol. And, about the vacation, I should be good on most of the day-to-day stuff, but my favorite pizza EVER for nostalgic reasons is only found back home or on the west coast in general, so I know I will for sure be indulging in that, haha. Hoping to keep the pizza damage to a minimum, though!

Kayla: It's good that you're figuring out what may be causing your slow-down right away so you can get right back to the cleaner habits ASAP! And, I did get back to the 160s today, just hoping I can keep it tomorrow and after our week away next week!

-----------------------------------------

Finally back down into the green today! Weigh-in was 168.8. However, I weighed in about an hour and a half late today and was super low on water yesterday - like, barely even 40 oz kind of low - so, it may very well be a lower reading than what I'd actually be at for the day. Nonetheless, I'm still happy to see a lower number again for once, even if it bumps back up tomorrow...lol.

Week One
01: 171.0
02: 170.8
03: NWI.
04: 171.4 - (tom)
05: 171.6 - (tom)
06: 170.0 - (tom)
07: 168.8 - (tom)
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 1.8 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 07-07-2018 at 06:55 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Casey: I think I jumped the gun a little bit with the last post (and was too hard on myself), because at work last night I started thinking about it and realized that it correlated with last month’s shark week perfectly. And this month’s gain was not as large as last months. Way to go on getting back into the 160’s! And just in time for your week away

I think getting to 5L of water and keeping my carb count where it should have been in the first place (and avoiding the sweeteners) really did the trick for the water retention. Tonight’s dinner is almost the exact same as yesterday (really trying to get back to meal-prepping), consisting of taco salad with spring mix, ground beef seasoned with homemade taco seasoning, spinach, sour cream, cheese, green onion, red pepper, and homemade pico de gallo as dressing (a tomato chopped with cilantro, juice from half a lime, red onion, garlic and salt and pepper). I’m bringing the left over cake I made Friday into work for my coworkers to get rid of for me and my snack before my eating window closes will be some full-fat cottage cheese with raspberries. Trying to get my butt back in gear with a plan for hot yoga tomorrow night and maybe tuesday afternoon depending on my soreness level after Monday's session so that I can stay on track for my DietBet and a 6-week challenge I'm doing over on Reddit

Have a great end to your weekend y'all!

SW: 261.7
7/7: 263.5
GW: 253.7

Week 2:
7/8: 261.5 (-2.0)
7/9:
7/10:
7/11:
7/12:
7/13:
7/14:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #33  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kayla: That would make even more sense! TOM can be sneaky, lol. I'm glad the water retention is coming back down so nicely for you.

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 168.0 today, which is only a pound away from where I wanted to be before we headed to California...so, I will gladly take it after the rough couple weeks I've had on the scale. We're leaving tonight instead of tomorrow, so this will be my last check-in until the 19th or 20th. Wish me luck not doing TOO much damage, and I hope everyone has a great next 10 days or so while I'm gone, lol -- see you all when we get back!

Week Two
08: 168.0
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 168.8
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Wishing you safe travels and pleasurable and satisfying dining on your long awaited trip home, opheliaphoenix! I absolutely believe you will be able to eat to enjoy without stifling your progress. Enjoy the time with your family; they are going to be thrilled to see you and the progress you've made! "Talk" to you when you get back!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #35  

Casey: Thanks girl! I know you probably won’t see this until you bet back, but I hope you all have a safe and fun trip!

Everyone:

Only made it to 4L yesterday, but got back to 100% eating on plan. Carb count for Saturday and yesterday came in at 36g total/23g net & 36g total/28g net respectively. I’ve got a keto pizza in the oven at the moment while I sip my coffee, then a switch to water and ketoratde before going to hot yoga. I was just sitting here thinking, “I don’t need to go, I can just go tomorrow,” and then mentally kicked myself back in line Hope nobody has too bad a case of the Mondays

Week 2:
7/9: 261.1 (-0.4)
7/10:
7/11:
7/12:
7/13:
7/14:
Old 07-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #36  

Happy Monday! Many thanks for all the good wishes regarding my job offer meeting with our successful candidate. All your paid off because she accepted and was thrilled to be selected. She begins August 1.

RunningRedHead: I added you to my list of those who think my lost Zip was a sign from the universe ! I ended up purchasing the Fitbit Alta HR on Saturday and then on Sunday I get an email announcing a huge Fitbit sale that dropped the price by $30 ! First thing this morning I called them and let them know that I had just purchased and they gave me the refund of $30. So happy . Great to hear that your mind was thinking right even if your body was reluctant and you got yourself to .
I've been reading Marie Kondo's The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. I'm only about 60 pages into it and I find it fascinating. So far my take-aways are:
  • Decluttering is about what you decide to keep rather than what you throw out/give away.
  • Keep only those things that bring you joy.
  • Declutter by category and not by location/room--clothes first, books, papers, etc.. **This concept has given me a lot to think about in how I've approached decluttering in the past
Admittedly, I've been down this road before, but there is something different in her approach that I really like. I am excited to keep reading and then make some decisions moving forward. Along with the book I've pulled up various before and after images using the KonMari method and I'm impressed by how people have really improved their environments. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-09-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #37  

Curvy: Glad to hear your candidate accepted! I have a friend that has been reading about the KonMari method. I first heard about it in the Gilmore Girls reboot (guilty pleasure, so many opinions) and thought it was a comical way to bring attention to the method, but my friend is really loving reorganizing. I was reading a post on Reddit where someone mentioned that if they were applying it to their life, why not apply it to their diet (e.g. Will this cookie bring me joy), which I thought was awesome! So glad to hear that Fitbit did the right thing and refunded you the $30; I think they’re a great company and they have fantastic customer service! I had an issue with my Aria scale a while back where it wouldn’t give a reading and after all the troubleshooting, emailed them and they shipped me a new one for free. You’ll have to let us know how you like the Alta HR, I was window-shopping on their site the other day and it caught my eye. Yoga was fun, definitely going to be sore tomorrow, but one of my goals this month is to become more bendy so I’ll take the soreness (it’s a good sore, not an “I injured myself” sore). I think I was talking myself out of it because this is the first class I’ve gone to without a friend. It was a little intimidating at first, but everyone there was super friendly and more into focusing on their own practice than judging little old me, so that definitely helped to ease the nerves.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

I'm here still
It's been a busy week
Having a difficult time with food... I think I'm getting the hang of non heated up lunches finally
WI 267 (3.8 up but new that was going to happen)

Have anyone done step aerobics?

Last edited by Nichelle; 07-10-2018 at 07:28 AM.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #39  

Nichelle: Hi there! Glad to hear you’re getting the hang of no-heat lunches, it can be a challenge to eat something hot when the weather is as warm as it has been!

Hooray! I’m not as sore today as I thought I would be, so I will definitely be going to yoga again tonight! Made it to 4L yesterday, despite it being my short day (waking up late and getting back onto a daytime schedule). Plan for today is erranding, picking up some lumber for another home improvement project (it’s not home unless it’s under construction, right? ) and meeting up with a friend for shopping and meal prepping. Have a great day!!

Week 2:
7/10: 259.9 (-1.2)
7/11:
7/12:
7/13:
7/14:
Old 07-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #40  

Good afternoon

It's another hot day in Northern California. I managed to contact 3 out of the 4 interviewees to let them know that they weren't selected. That's always the worst part of this whole process. Now that I've been in the position to hire a few times I feel that while I do it better, the rejection aspect is always awkward. This time I chose to email. In the past I've arranged telephone calls. I consulted my colleagues about how they do it, researched it online only to discover that there is no correct way. Each approach has it's merits and drawbacks. Due to the fact that I still had a reference call out there for the fourth candidate, I felt like I needed to go through with it to complete the process and to honor and recognize the strong skills she brought to the position even though she wasn't selected. I'll encourage her to keep applying on campus because there are always adviser positions open and she has a tremendous skill set. One of the other candidates requested feedback for why she wasn't selected. I can only respect that.

RunningRedHead: Sounds like you had a jam packed day planned! What is your next home improvement project? btw on the scale drop ! I don't know if I could apply the KonMari Method to eating; I think I would catch myself frequently answering, "Why, yes, this [insert food here] does bring me joy."

Nichelle: Years ago I did a combo step and strength class and didn't enjoy it much. I love music and I love to move and dance, but I found that I was simultaneously paying far too much attention to the instructor, my feet and timing with the weights for it to do any good. It wasn't a good fit for me but it really hits to spot for others. Are you doing step aerobics or planning to?

Wishing everyone a restful evening
Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

runningredhead my body was so sore after I did a yoga class (years ago)... I was sore in places I didnt realized I was using. That's awesome your doing it! I think I'll try it again later on down the road.

curvynotlump I am wanting to try step aerobics. I noticed my gym has free classes at night, but I thought I'd try at home with YouTube 1st. I'm not very coordinated when it comes to these thing. (I tried kickboxing once... lol. Never again. It was bad)

I need to drink more water in the day. Finding it hard with not being in the center/near a bathroom.
Food was good today. I prepped my lunch for tomorrow and I have dinner marinating.

Today was so much fun! We went to a first nations village just outside of town. And had a tour of 4 long houses. We saw many totem poles, new and old carving of masks, paddles, etc. And they just recently got a totem back from Europe which is over 400 years old! It's amazing the history! We will be going back with the older group at the of the month we will hike down to canyon as well as the tour... exciting!
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #42  

Good morning

Nichelle: I've never been brave enough to try yoga but I have several friends who love it and do it several times per week. Now kickboxing on the other hand was my jam ! I did cardio kickboxing for several years at my gym and loved it! To be clear, my class wasn't true kickboxing where you hit bags, etc. We had great music and used our own body as resistance. I used to sweat like a during those sessions. The lady who taught it had a young family and ended up moving back to Southern California so they could be near the grandparents. I miss her and the kickboxing!

I really appreciate the work you and your colleagues do to provide your young charges with educational and memorable activities. No doubt many of them will remember these experiences long into adulthood.
Today I'm finishing up the appraisal for my Administrative Coordinator. Because she is represented by a union, her appraisal is due later than the non-represented staff. She's an excellent staff member so writing her appraisal has been smooth sailing. It's been so quiet in our center and offices since the official academic year ended that I feel a sense of urgency to use the time to my advantage. Now that I'm so deeply entrenched in Mari Kondo's book everywhere I look seems to need de-cluttering and organized !
Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #43  

Curvy: to the “’Why, yes, this [insert food here] does bring me joy.’" I can see how this approach could be counterproductive Next project is my bedroom closet (or lack there of). I picked up the lumber yesterday to frame a nice large reach-in closet and the tongue and grove pine to cover the walls in to give it a nice shiplap look without the cost of shiplap (it can get pricey). I also bought the wood to make my closet system out of. It’s the same exact closet I made for my parents last year, which I learned a bit from. Also going to be putting in some new flooring (this flooring: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...31412881078744 and this closet system: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...31412922179646 ). I like the closet style because you can take the general idea and really customize it. Instead of shelving in the middle, I’m going to add extra supports to the back and sides for stability and make the center one long hanging area for dresses and garment bags, and have there be four bars to hang clothes from- two on each side.

Nichelle: I am definitely experiencing the soreness sensation you described And I’m with you on the step-aerobics and coordination, so I would also try it at home before going for it in public lol. It sounds like you had quite the experience on your trip to a first nations village. How exciting you get to go again soon and will be adding a hike!

Week 2:
7/10: 259.9 (-1.2)
7/11: 260.4 (+0.5)
7/12:
7/13:
7/14:
Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #44  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead I love the look of that closet, takes a lot of skill to build something like that. Meanwhile I can't even use the drill to hang cork boards at work. Great job on keeping up with the yoga classes and on the drop on the scale.

Nichelle never tried step aerobics and never will, because I just know I would trip on the step and fall flat on my face. What a lovely outing to the first nations reserve for kids to learn about history.

curvynotlumpy Mari Kondo's approach to decluttering sounds interesting but I could not apply it to food. We need to declutter here in the appartment. Without realizing it, I've been deluttering by categories of items rather than by room for years now. I recently gave away a lot of clothes. Enjoy the time you have at work to complete the tasks you normally don't have time for.

So work continues on putting the store together. As of Tuesday we still didn't have air conditioning in our offices and in the warehouse. On that day I also worked a 12-hour shift, trying to organize our office as much as possible. Just when I think I'm getting a grip on things, a whole new pile of boxes show up. On my day off yesterday I did absolutely nothing but sleep on-and-off from the time I got up to about 3pm. And then I started falling asleep again at around 7pm. I also am feeling some anxiety at times, I'm aware of a few symptoms and am able to control it but still it's annoying. And I've been putting off exercising even though I know it would help energize me and help me deal with my anxiety. I have a case of "when the mind knows but the body won't follow".

Have a great day everyone.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #45  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
May 30: 216
June 6: 214
June 13: 213
June 20: 210
June 27: 207
July 4: 206
July 11: 202

That's it! I'm officially more than half way into my 66kg weight loss! Plus, I'm only 2lbs away from Imperial onederland, a place I have not visited in quite a while...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote