Old 07-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #61  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey everyone...we're baaaack! (Thank you for all the well wishes for our trip! We had a great time.)

We got back around 4am this morning, and I am getting right back into my usual routine ASAP today. Unfortunately, I didn't end up logging my foods while we were gone, we went out to eat every day, and I barely drank any water the whole visit...especially compared to my usual goal of a gallon a day, lol. So, needless to say, I was a little hesitant to step on the scale today because I obviously knew there would be a considerable gain. I went up 8.2 lbs while I was gone -- which was only for 8 days, so that is basically a pound a day! I'm hoping a good chunk of it is bloat and that however much is real, solid weight gain will come off in a relatively timely manner since I'll be getting back to my day-to-day routine right away. Fingers crossed!

Week Three
15: NWI - Out of Town.
16: NWI - Out of Town.
17: NWI - Out of Town.
18: 176.2
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
Last Weigh-In Before Vacation: 168.0
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #62  

Hi all! I am coming in a little late-ish but I am here and that is the point!

Week Three
16:N/A
17:N/A
18:303.2
19:301.8
20:
21:

Last edited by e_boh312; 07-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Welcome back, opheliaphoenix! I'm glad you had a terrific time on your trip. Those days went by fast! I'm sure that a lot of your weight gain is travel bloat and maybe not enough hydration. Part of what makes eating out so is the sodium, so I'm sure as soon as you return to your old eating habits, and getting your water in the number on the scale will drop.

e_boh312: ! Happy to have you posting and checking out the neighborhood. Make yourself comfortable
Last night I went with a friend to see "Won't You Be My Neighbor" the Mister Rogers documentary. It was very moving and so well produced. If you can get out to see it, I highly recommend it. After we went to dinner at an Italian place in town. The food was delicious and very rich. I could eat only half of my pasta and brought the rest for my lunch today. Staying indoors as another hot day has settled in and looks to be the weather pattern for at least the next week.

Everyone try to stay cool and enjoy your day!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #64  
|| Casey ||

e_boh312: Welcome!!

Curvy: That's what I'm hoping, as well...one thing I am happy about is that, instead of getting sidetracked for months after a road trip/move like I did last summer, I was actually happy to get back to my usual routine this time around! Taking that as a good sign, lol. Also, I'm glad you had a good time out with your friend to see the documentary and have dinner -- I remember seeing something about that film on Facebook as well, so I will definitely have to check it out.

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was 175.0 today. I'm happy to see it coming down already after getting back to a normal routine, at least food and water wise -- still too tired from travel to do much exercise or actual working out, lol.

Week Three
19: 175.0
20:
21:
Total Loss for Week Three:

Old 07-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: You’re right! I may have been walking funny after yoga this week, but it really is a good kind of discomfort. Glad to hear you enjoyed your outing with your friend and that you enjoyed the movie and dinner (bonus points for leftovers!) Stay cool in the upcoming heat

Martine & Curvy: Before and after pics shall be posted shortly, the closet is mostly filled with all of my clothes (it’s definitely time to get rid of some items), and I’m waiting for my old phone to finish backing up so I can transfer the pictures of the “before” to my new phone, which has all of the pictures of the “after”

Martine: Glad to hear you got kudos for your health and safety inspection, it’s wonderful that all of your hard work and time paid off Way to go staying hydrated and eating well despite the added stress! I hope everything settles down soon and goes back to normal (whatever “normal” is anyway) once the store opens.

Casey: Welcome back! Glad to hear your trip was a success Anticipation of the bloating is on your side, it will go away and you’ll be back to your pre-vacation weight in no time now that you’re back to business as usual!

e_boh312:

I'm definitely thinking I've still got some water weight on board, between home improvement yoga, actual yoga, and it being my usual mid-cycle bloat, I definitely feel water-logged. My rings and sandals are tight and my legs feel heavy. Focusing on making sure I'm well hydrated today, with a bit extra fluid to help flush out the water retention, as well as some electrolyte repletion. The last few days have been at my normal 5L and carb count has come in right around 20g net, so it's not diet-related. Hoping for a downward trend to start tomorrow. Who knows? I can't believe it's already Thursday! I can't figure out where the week went Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday evening, will check in with y'all in the AM

SW: 261.7
7/14: 261.3
GW: 253.7

Week 3:
7/15: 261.5 (+0.2)
7/16: 260.3 (-1.2)
7/17: 260.9 (+0.6)
7/18: 262.5 (+1.6)
7/19: 264.2 (+1.7)
7/20:
7/21:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #66  

Good morning, all! Yesterday I made it to about 5L (including 1L of ketorade ) which I think is what really did the trick to help today’s weigh-in head back down. I feel much less bloated today, now if my knees would just get on board and let go of some of this inflammation I’d have it made Carb count yesterday came in at 32g total, 20g net. My plan for today is to catch up on all of the laundry I’ve been neglecting this week due to other projects, get to the grocery store for some staples (red peppers, avocados, etc) and food prep for the weekend and the upcoming weeks-worth of mornings.

Week 3:
7/20: 263.0 (-1.2)
7/21:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #67  

Thank you everyone for the welcome! I actually kind of had cake at a work celebration yesterday and was afraid of the scale but I still won! Woohoo!

Week Three
16:N/A
17:N/A
18:303.2
19:301.8
20:300.4
21:302.2 can someone tell my body that it is a mess? Looks like that cake might be showing up after all

Last edited by e_boh312; 07-21-2018 at 11:00 AM.
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #68  

Summer Fridays are very quiet on campus as few classes meet and many staff take vacation during this time. Our transfer center is closed on Fridays during the summer so I'm taking advantage and applying some of the excellent decluttering strategies I've been reading about for the past two weeks to work for me. I'm in the middle of clearing my very large desk that must date back to the early 90s and that I inherited when I moved in this office nearly six years ago. As I've mentioned before there isn't a flat spat I don't like and fill. I have a garbage bag and shred boxes at my ready. One thing I'm noticing already is how quickly I'm moving through paper; I'll look them over and then discard. In the past I would have had a conversation with myself about how I could use the information "later" and then of course never do.

opheliaphoenix: I've been thinking about your comment about being able to get back into your routine immediately unlike years past. When I was really focused and making great progress I remember going home to see my dad at Thanksgiving and never falling off the rails and actually losing weight that holiday. There is a shift in mindset about not wanting to start at square one again and you getting back into exercise and healthy eating mode proves my point. Well done

RunningRedHead: Looking forward to your pics! Good luck with your tasks of laundry, shopping and cooking!

e_boh312: Sometimes the stars align and a piece of cake leads to ! Great job!

Happy Friday!
Old 07-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #69  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
May 30: 216
June 6: 214
June 13: 213
June 20: 210
June 27: 207
July 4: 206
July 11: 202
July 18: 200

Sooooooo close to imperial Onederland! Sorry this is such a quicky, we have visitors and I have to go make a cheese fondue and then try not to eat any

Hello to
e boh312

Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #70  

e_boh312: Glad to hear the cake didn’t derail you (sometimes a girl just needs a treat)! Way to go on your progress so far! Don’t worry too much about that rebound with today’s weigh-in, it’ll all come out in the wash

Curvy: Glad to hear that your Friday was slow and you were able to take care of some housekeeping at the office. I also fall into the pattern of saving papers for “later” and also never use them. One of my projects next week is actually going to the store and getting a file cabinet and folders and pretty pens to organize everything (as all of my important documents so far are just a hodgepodge in a box under my bed…wait.. some aren’t even organized or in the box anymore… how did that even happen

Magicsusan: You’re so so close! You’ll be there next week, for sure!

I finally got the woosh I’ve been waiting for. The last two days haven’t been quite as strenuous as the beginning of the week, so I think that helped. I also made it to 5L again yesterday which I think played a big role. I grocery shopped and meal-prepped from 10pm-1am last night to stay awake so I’d be able to sleep in today (and be able to stay awake until 8am tomorrow. Sleep was wonky though; we have a gentleman repairing our deck and Loki is not his biggest fan, so there is lots of barking and snarling and growling while I’m trying to sleep Prepped food for the next two nights at work will be a nice big salad (lots of leafy greens, half an avocado, some cheese, sour cream, cilantro, a tomato, lime juice, peppers, green onion, and some beef tips seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning) and emergency snacks will include babybel cheese and whole plain almonds (those 100kcal snack packs are a life saver!). I also pre-cooked and portioned my “breakfast” for today and tomorrow, which is scrambled eggs with peppers, mushrooms, green onion, spinach, cheese and bacon. I’m off to drink some coffee, tackle a load of laundry, hydrate and relax before work, I hope everyone is having a swell weekend

Week 3:
7/20: 263.0 (-1.2)
7/21: 260.6 (-2.4)
Total for Week 3: -0.7
Total for July: -1.1
Old 07-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #71  
|| Casey ||

Kayla: Awesome work getting rehydrated over the last couple days and scoring that fabulous whoosh today!! Hopefully, I will be able to follow suit soon...lol.

Curvy: Thank you! I think you're right that all the trial and error we go through makes us more wary of falling too far off track, because we know how hard it can be to get going again since we've been back at "Square One" so many times in the past. Similar to the theory of Pavlov's dogs, the powerful memory of that emotional and physical self-punishment of having to start over definitely conditions you to want to recapture the reins of control before you have to experience it all over again.

Magicsusan: Sooo close -- you'll definitely be there by your next check-in! You've got this!

-----------------------------------------

Weigh-in was the same at 175 yesterday and was down to 173.2 today. I've been having some issues feeling very snack-ish at night now that I'm back to eating less during the day and have been sneaking in little midnight snacks -- thankfully, I'm still moving down bit by bit, but the excessive snacking needs to stop. I've been getting my gallon of water in a day, which has helped, but I may up the protein and focus on my meal spacing a little more to help my hunger levels stay more balanced through the day instead of not being very hungry during the day after a bigger breakfast then becoming ravenous at night. If I can manage not going overboard on the calories late in the evening, I'm hoping that - by the end of this new week coming up - I will be back to my pre-vacation weight...fingers crossed!

Week Three
19: 175.0
20: 175.0
21: 173.2
Total Loss for Week Three: +5.2lbs.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #72  

RunningRedHead: I forgot to mention in my last post that I was able to unload a comforter, five old blankets and a bunch of towels and washcloths to the sister of a good friend. She works for a veterinary clinic and they are always in the need for specific types of donations. I wrote her a thank you note for taking these off my hands and that it was especially gratifying knowing that she could actually put these things to work and that I wasn't adding to her stuff!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #73  

Good morning
I leave for Colorado on Tuesday so I'm in the office handling some work so I don't come back to it when I return next Monday. As I mentioned earlier I "tore" up my office on Friday so I need to get it back into some semblance of order before I head out of town . Our unit is updating our website so I'm submitting changes to our website management team before they meet tomorrow afternoon. I'll head home later to pack. My goal is to have that done so that I can just enjoy Monday at work, come home and climb into bed before my flight on Tuesday. I'm grateful that I was able to snag direct flights going and returning.

RunningRedHead: Your menu sounds ! I'm glad you were able to get everything made that you needed to so you can settle sanely into the work week.

opheliaphoenix: Upping the protein in your diet sounds like a good idea. I know for me protein has a way of keeping me satisfyingly full without bringing a lot of extra bloat or weight with it. As for snacking, I'm no help; I'm a weird and at times compulsive snacker and many times there is no reason. Last Thursday I was offered a cupcake from a colleague who was celebrating a birthday. Someone had brought her a dozen . I mindlessly took one and ate it. Did I mention this was right after lunch?!! I wasn't hungry and desired nothing sweet, but I ate the ***n cupcake anyway!

Magicsusan: as you ARETHISCLOSE to Onederland! I wish I could be a fly on the wall just to see your face when this happens. And I believe it could happen at any moment!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #74  

Wink

Casey: Here’s hoping your meal-spacing and increasing protein helps with the late-night snacking. The late-night munchies struggle is real! Sending : for you to get back down to your pre-vaca weight. You got this

Curvy: How awesome that your blankets and such were able to go to good use! I’ll have to keep that in mind as I weed out my closet so I don’t feel like I’m being wasteful. Good luck finishing your office organization project and I hope your Monday is low-key and you have a fabulous, safe trip to Colorado on Tuesday

Made it to 4L yesterday and carb count came in at 49g total, 30g net (and very happy to say that includes one square of 92% cacao dark chocolate :yum: which, luckily, nobody at work wants to share some with me as it’s too bitter ) I hope everyone has a great Sunday night, talk to you all tomorrow

7/21: 260.6

Week 4:
7/22: 258.8 (-1.8) [0.2lbs away from my first signature goal, 25% to total goal! now hopefully I hold onto it!]
7/23:
7/24:
7/25:
7/26:
7/27:
7/28:
Old 07-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #75  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead congratulations on reaching a new decade! I too accumulate papers and then I get the urge to purge and go through everything. Love the idea of cabinets and pretty pens. I have always loved pens, I used to colour-code my notes in school and was always on the lookout for the perfect pen.

cuevynotlumpy hope this work day flies by before you go on your trip to Colorado. I finally had some time to de-clutter our office at work at as well, it was still full of boxes. I had to throw out a ton of employee booklets that were shipped to us but were out of date. Such a waste of paper and we can't even recycle those because they contain company information. To answer your question, no I can't earn overtime nor can I bank those hours. I have claimed time off in the past but I don't know how this new manager deals with that yet. Have a fabulous trip!

Magicsusan you are about to cross another great threshold, this is so exciting!!!

opheliaphoenix welcome back and glad you had a great time with your family. I commend you on getting right back on track. Love your determination to shed that vacation weight quickly.

Welcome to this thread e_boh312 and great success on your journey.

Work is on track for our store opening next week, I still can't believe how close we are. I have not been sleeping well at all the past three days. Trying to recuperate on my day off. I'm so tired that I can't find any energy to exercise. At least I'm taking the time to eat a good breakfast and bring my lunch to work every day. I went for my blood test to check my thyroid levels, the doctor will call me only if anything is abnormal. It's my husband's birthday today, we'll go out to eat at the restaurant of his choosing tonight, so I'll eat lightly the rest of the day.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote