Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

I enjoy my job so much! I love my coworkers and the children. They are great. the kids picked saskatoon berries the other day so I made mini turnovers for them yesterday.

I'm happy to announce that I'm back down to my start weight of the month. 263.2 yay!lost the almost 5 lb gain lol
I'm thinking on sunday I might do another dinner freezer prep day.

I got my step in the mail this morning. Going to try my 1st workout tomorrow morning

Magicsusan you are doing awesome

Martine hoping to not fall on my face! Lol I can see it happening!

Last edited by Nichelle; 07-13-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Martine: thank you! Wow, still no AC? That’s terrible. I would melt! Sorry to hear you slept away your day off, but I’m glad you gave your body the rest that it needed. I hope that you’re able to get a workout in to help ease the anxiety (or that something else eases it for you).

Magicsusan: Yayayayayay!!!

Nichelle: How sweet of you to make your turnovers for the kiddos! Good luck with your first workout and enjoy your meal prep. I don’t know about you, but I find it therapeutic on some level

Curvy:Glad to hear your appraisal writing went so smoothly. Now for the decluttering that everywhere seems to need

Made it to 4L yesterday, went for a walk with Loki and my friend after dinner last night. Carb count came in at 34g total, 21g net yesterday and fat/protein/calories were right on track! I think I’m up a little bit because of some water retention. I refer to my projects as “home-improvement yoga” as there’s often some contortionism going on that I don’t plan on. I framed my closet and got the tongue-and-groove board that makes the walls up on half the closet. Today will be the other half; had to hold off until I could get to the hardware store for a junction box and a cover for the cable wire. My flooring gets delivered Monday, so I will probably paint the room and everything that requires paint tomorrow and today so that the only thing I have to do next week is the flooring and building the actual closet system. It feels good to be getting things done, because the sooner this project is done, the sooner I can get the spare room turned back into a spare room instead of strictly storage

SW: 261.7
7/7: 263.5
GW: 253.7

Week 2:
7/8: 261.5 (-2.0)
7/9: 261.1 (-0.4)
7/10: 259.9 (-1.2)
7/11: 260.4 (+0.5)
7/12: 261.6 (+1.2) *Oops*
7/13:
7/14:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #48  

I was about 500ml short on water yesterday, but I plan to make it up today. Carb count came in at 35g total, 21g net. Today I start painting my bedroom (already got the closet painted yesterday), and I will be attacking my ceiling fan- the light in it stopped working ages ago, but I didn’t feel like dismantling it and figuring out whether it’s because the light socket went bad or the wire for the light came loose. If it’s one of these, I can fix that, but if it’s not and it just doesn’t work, then I have a new one to install. I was worried about a wall going up making my room look smaller, but it actually feels larger. Hoping everyone has a fantastic day

Week 2:
7/12: 261.6 (+1.2)
7/13: 261.5 (-0.1)
7/14:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-13-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Finally, Friday. Wow, has it been a long week! I'm exhausted and ready to head home. We a tiny rain shower over night; not even enough to dampen the ground. That's very unusual where I live and while it cleared the air, all it really seemed to do was steam things up. The humidity is terrible!

Nichelle: Nice job getting back to your start weight. Berry picking is always fun though I think I tend to eat just as many as I gather .

RunningRedHead: I that free standing closet. I wish my bedroom could accommodate something that big and well thought out. How cool that you can get the blueprints online!

Magicsusan: you are doing fantastic! Congratulations on making the more than 1/2 way mark. How does it feel?

A good evening and start to everyone's weekend!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #50  

Good morning

I've had some interesting conversation with friends and co-workers since I've started the Marie Kondo book. Mostly, they are intrigued and that often leads to discussing what drives us crazy about our current clutter and other methods we've used to clear our spaces of . For example, my administrative coordinator shared with me that she no longer has bookcases in her home. She keeps a handful of treasured reads on a shelf but other are either borrowed from friends or the library and returned, or gifted to her which she then reads and gives away. I'm moving through the book quickly and I want to finish it before I move on anything. I do feel like I'm quietly preparing; several times a day I'll look around my office and home and ask myself if something "brings me joy." Almost always it is a no.

Martine: Good to hear that Kondo's method of decluttering by category and not room/place is something natural for you. Any update regarding the AC? I'm so sorry for your miserable working conditions right now. Is the store officially open and its the administrative offices only that have no AC or is it the whole store?

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #51  

Curvy: I’m not sure I could get by without my bookcase! However all this chatting about organizing and de-cluttering is helping to rekindle the organization project I started late last year. My bedroom is the last big project I have to do this year, so after that I will be re-committing to getting my home in order a la “Sidetracked Home Executives” style I’m so glad that I found the closet plan and that the blueprints are freely shared! I love how customizable it is and that it looks good even within a closet. Will definitely be posting a before and after on my Instagram when the room is done I’ve been considering using the basic premise of the KonMari method for when I put the clothing back into my closet, but I can’t get past the superficial attachment I have to certain outfits… But I will be weeding out my wardrobe, for sure

4L in yesterday and carb count came in at 42g total/25g net. Today and tomorrow are work nights for me. I did not meal prep yesterday as I planned (was too busy with other housekeeping) so I will be throwing together a quick and easy dinner and snacks for the next two nights. I think I will bring leftover pizza I made yesterday for dinner, a small salad with vinaigrette dressing, homemade jalapeño poppers, and for snacks some almonds and 92% cacao chocolate for snacks. NSV: Changing taste buds; before cutting added sugar from my diet, any chocolate with a cacao content higher than 70% was “gross” to me, now anything less than ~80% is sickeningly sweet

Week 2:
7/12: 261.6 (+1.2)
7/13: 261.5 (-0.1)
7/14: 261.3 (-0.2)
Total for Week 2: -2.2
Total for July: -0.4
Old 07-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #52  
Gizmo

​​​​​​RunningRedHead we currently have 4 bookcases (one holds blu-rays/dvds) and at times I can't deal with the visual clutter it creates, even though they are well organized. I even thought once of asking David to add doors but the meaterial they're made from won't hold any doors. David now downloads books (and movies), so at least our collection has stopped growing (he's the avid reader in our household). Regarding changing taste buds, I can't count how often I eat something that I used to love and now say "the memory of the taste is better than the actual taste". I now enjoy dark chocolate but won't say no to a great milk chocolate as well (Lindt in particular).

Magicsusan you are killing it, look at that number drop on the scale!

curvynotlumpy seems like we're dealing with the same weather system, barely any rain overnight and now steaming hot. Farmers are growing concerned over their crops, we haven't had any good rain in a while now. I can report that since yesterday the AC is now working in our offices and the warehouse, which were the two areas where it wasn't working before. We're not open yet, still lots to do, including a health and safety visit on Monday.

I worked a 14-hour shift yesterday, determined to get as much work done as possible for said health and safety visit on Monday. Though I was tired today I was also determined not to sleep all day, though I napped in the afternoon afterwe went grocery shopping for the week ahead. We also sprung by Ikea because I needed a frame for the store and this was our shortest visit to Ikea ever. With this second heat wave of the Summer, I won't have any choice but to exercise early in the mornings if/when I get that going again. Tonight we'll enjoy the AC in our bedroom and will watch a couple more episodes of The Handmaid's Tale.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Last edited by Martine; 07-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #53  

Good morning

Typing on on my phone this morning so will keep my post brief. Up early doing laundry and some other home tasks before the heat of the day sets in. Later I’m meeting a friend for lunch and I’m going to see about getting a new pair of running shoes.

Martine: Very happy and relieved that AC is throughout your store and offices. I’ve noticed more and more folks around where I live up early to exercise before the heat of the day sets in for the day.

RunningRedHead: I can definitely understand why the MariKondo folding method would be a good call for your new open concept closet. It’s something that I want to experiment with in my decluttering endeavor.

You both touched on something that I’ve been thinking about as I read Kondo’s book and that is the psychology of letting things go. I think because she has always been a “natural” minimalist she underestimates the investment folks have in their stuff. There is a sense of ease in which she approaches decluttering, and aside from no pictures of her folding method (though it’s not difficult), it’s an oversight in the book.

Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-16-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #54  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy I am intrigued about the Kondo method so I actually looked up her folding technique for clothes and that is actually how I've been folding clothes all my life (except for socks which I tuck inside one another). Have a great lunch with your friend!

Not much going on here. We bought a huge box of Québec strawberries this morning and we're currently making jam while we're watching the World Cup final. It smells heavenly. We'll make another batch later on and freeze everything. I did not manage to wake up early to exercise before the heat gets overwhelming but I'm not ruling out exercising later. I have to talk myself into it instead of out of it.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #55  

Martine: I completely understand what you mean about the visual clutter! Also, some Lindt chocolate sounds amazing right now! It’s so smooth! Glad to hear you have working AC in the office/warehouse. Good luck with your health and safety visit tomorrow, sending : your way. How do you like The Handmaid’s Tale? I love it, only on the first episode of the new season though

Curvy: I completely agree with you (without reading the book ) about the underestimation of emotional attachment to belongings. I wish I were naturally a minimalist, my housekeeping would be so much simpler and less time-consuming

Saturday I had 6L in and carb count came in at 28g total, 20g net. Yesterday was 3.5L water and 42g total/26g net. I didn’t feel like throwing food together before work yesterday so I treated myself to a Chipotle burrito bowl. Best part was the guacamole and all the different spices they use. It was so good! I’m currently drinking my coffee and getting ready to eat an early dinner (or very late breakfast, since I just woke up lol) so that I can digest everything before yoga tonight.

7/14: 261.3

Week 3:
7/15: 261.5 (+0.2)
7/16: 260.3 (-1.2)
7/17:
7/18:
7/19:
7/20:
7/21:
Old 07-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #56  

Not much to report today. Another steamy day with tomorrow and Wednesday's anticipated high being 102 degrees . Mentioning it makes me .

I was able to wrap up the paperwork for my new hire, at least from my end. Now I need to think about getting the paperwork started for the transfer adviser position that has been open since my internal staff member was promoted. It's a good position to be in to be able to hire, and if there is any additional advantage it's that I've had the job description written for several months while awaiting funding approval. I'm trying to get as much as I can done this week as I'll be on vacation next Tuesday through the week.

Martine: Sounds like you're already on top of things and have very little, if anything, to declutter. Well done

Happy Monday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-16-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:09 AM   #57  

Curvy: Glad to hear all the new-hire paperwork is all set for you and that you're in the wonderful position of being able to hire new staff. Stay cool (and hydrated) during that terrible weather (I miss the snow ). Are you going anywhere for this vacation?

Made it to 4.5L of water yesterday and my carb count came in at 40g total, 26g net. Up a little bit to 260.9 today. I’m actually surprised it wasn’t more of a jump after yesterday’s class as there were definitely a few poses that pushed my legs/arms to the point of failing I made the most delicious protein shake last night to drink after yoga because I was nowhere near goal afterward. I had some powder I’ve been slowly trying to use up, but I don’t normally use it during the week because I would rather budget my carbs for other things, so yesterday when all I had eaten was grilled steak and heavy cream in my coffee (and liters of water ) I made a chocolate shake with peanut butter, a little cream, and some cinnamon. It tasted exactly like what I imagine drinking a Reese’s peanut butter cup would taste like! Today’s the day to install the flooring in my bedroom and finish painting the last wall (the one behind my headboard that I didn’t move the large furniture to get to quite yet lol Tomorrow I’ll be able to build my closet system into the new closet that was framed the other day it goes according to plan Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Week 3:
7/15: 261.5 (+0.2)
7/16: 260.3 (-1.2)
7/17: 260.9 (+0.6)
7/18:
7/19:
7/20:
7/21:
Old 07-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #58  

I don't know if it was in anticipation of another blistering day or a good nights' sleep, but I woke up this morning and actually chose something "pretty" to wear from my closet. Don't get me wrong, I dress decently every day but since I've regained weight my spark for getting dressed in the morning has faded. Part of it is how I look and then the limited choices available since I don't purchase much as I don't feel great in most things. Today I pulled it together and it feels pretty good.

RunningRedHead: There is something about pushing one's body to the failing point that is just exhilarating! The description of your shake was perfect because when I got to the end I could have on myself if I had wanted to LOL! You'll definitely have to show us before and after pics. Every time you make progress I get excited about seeing the results.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #59  
Gizmo

​​​​​​RunningRedHead I agree with curvynotlumpy, I would love to see pics of all the work you are doing.

curvynotlumpy being able to hire to fill positions which are needed for your department is great. Being short-staffed brings so much pressure on the existing team. Nice story about putting a little extra effort in how you dressed yesterday and how good it made you feel. All I feel these days is blah because in a store pre-opening, you don't wear nice clothes.

I had a rough day yesterday, which started with me forgetting my work keys at home. Thank goodness I only live about 10 minutes away. Then I felt a lot of frustration because I was asked to be in charge of the delivery in the morning, which I haven't done in years so of course it didn't go as well as it should have, and then I had to take an hour-and-a-half conference call, but when it came time to do my own work, our system was incredibly slow and I wound up having to go to another store and ended up working 2 hours extra to get things done. I have to keep reminding myself that this is part of opening a new store but I'm getting a bit fed up with having to stay late to do my own work when all other managers leave on time every day. My administrative work is not seen, compared to putting together a rack of clothing for example, but it's necessary and it takes time. I got praises for the health and safety inspection on Monday but that does not happen by magic, it took me 6 hours to get everything up to standard.

At least I can say that I ate well and drank a lot of water despite all this frustration. I'll count that as a win as the temptation to just binge on junk food was strong after work yesterday. I haven't exercised yet this week, the humidity has been too much to handle.

Hope today will be a great day everyone!
Old 07-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #60  

Good morning

Just a quick check-in as I'm out all day for a meeting. Martine, are you able to earn overtime or are you given comp/flex time for your additional hours worked? The university where I work does flex time but I'm terrible about recouping extra hours due there always being so much work that has to get done. Administrative work is rarely if never seen and upper administration has a way of believing things just "fall into place" during a normal 8 hour work shift. I will be thrilled for you when your store finally opens. Glad all went well with the health and safety inspections.