Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

The bbq went well. Really enjoyed it. Didnt do bad on eating... but then on Canada Day I didnt stick to my plan. I had fried bread (first nations treat) and then Chinese (too much sodium) it was good but I was up a little this morning.
I was good today. I had the day off work so I did a huge amount of cleaning (bathroom kitchen fridge basement dining room)
I made burgers for dinner tonight... not vegan nor turkey burgers but actually beef burgers lol. I only had beef twice in the past month. (Trying to cut it out. Beef usually upsets my tummy)
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 PM   #17  
Gizmo

Nichelle nice to hear that the bbq went well.

opheliapheonix I don't know if I coukd go so long without seeing my dad and brother. I know with technology today you can "see" each other and talk daily, but still nothing beats actually being together. Very happy for you that you are going home on vacation.

RunningRedHead I think would refuse an invitation to be a part of a wedding party if a dress style was imposed. I love the trend of bridesmaids wearing different styles in the same colour palette. Sounds like you found a terrific deal online for custom-made dresses.

curvynotlumpy I remember you talking about your coworker who passed away. Hope the service gave a chance to everyone who loved her and cared about her to celebrate her life and find peace together.

This humidity is unbearable! At 10am it was already 44°C/111°F. I decided not to go for a walk today, it was just brutal out there. When I got to work, where we still don't have air conditioning, an employee asked me if I was bringing fresh air with me. I told him to take a look at my bangs curling outwards for the answer. I did manage to get in a workout this morning, an abs workout where I kept substituting moves because my core is weak and I would get out of breath. With this extreme heat I can't give 100% effort but at least I'm moving again.
​​​​​​​1: 4.3km walk + 35 minutes total body workout with weights
2: 36 minutes core workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Casey: Happiest of birthdays to your youngest son! Sorry to see the scale is still toying with you, but here’s hoping it’s just due to TOM and it will settle down soon! Wow! What a long time to be away from family, I can’t imagine!

Nichelle: Glad to hear your bbq went well! Hope you enjoyed your burgers and they didn’t upset your stomach

Martine: I like to think I would too, but I’m too much of a pushover sometimes Way to go not walking in heat like that! At some point, it’s detrimental even if your intentions are good. I haven’t been out walking due to the heat and it’s been about 10 degrees (F) cooler here, so big kudos to you getting out yesterday in that heat!

Only made it to 2L yesterday but one of those liters was some electrolyte-filled ketorade. Carb count was back up and came in at 68g total and 35g net. The remainder of this week will be spent focusing on staying strict with my carb intake. I think I’ve definitely got some water retention going on with today’s weigh-in between the elevated carb count and the lack of water. I don’t think it was enough to knock myself out of ketosis because I don’t have the tell-tale headache that goes along with that, so hopefully I’ll be back down in the next couple of days. Today will be filled with laundry and lots of housekeeping tasks. Have a great day everyone!

SW: 261.7
6/30: 261.7
GW: 253.7

Week 1:
7/1: 261.9 (-0.6)
7/2: 261.1 (+0.8)
7/3: 264.5 (+3.4)
7/4:
7/5:
7/6:
7/7:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Thank you all for your kind condolences regarding my colleague and friend. They are much appreciated . It was a lovely service and an opportunity to see mutual friends who I hadn't in a long time. Can I just put out to the universe that we've all had enough of every type of cancer!

Martine: The humidity makes everything worse and more miserable. It has a smothering effect so it makes sense why you would adjust your workouts. When is the store due to flip the switch on the air conditioning?!

Nichelle: I'm glad you enjoyed the bbq and Canada Day. I hope hits the spot and doesn't cause you any tummy grief.

opheliaphoenix: Nothing says children's birthday party more than , ice-cream and I like your attitude toward the recent scale bumps you're experiencing. From my own experience once I got closer to my goal weight the consistent losses were tougher to come by; not impossible, but certainly not like when I was at a higher weight. Of course I'm referring to the past as I'm basically starting over .

RunningRedHead: You are oh, so close to being in a new decade! Your excitement about being so comes through lough and clear in your post !
Today I'm in nearly an all day meeting with my fellow directors to map out a plan on how we can utilize the talents and skills more effectively particularly to promote our various areas that we direct. We've been meeting regularly since the beginning of spring quarter but haven't progressed very far. My goal is for that to change today. Crossing my fingers we can make that happen today.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Runningredhead: I'm in the same boat about a dress. My sister is getting married next june and I'm her maid of honor... which means I need to where a dress :/ I dont want to buy it too soon but I dont want to leave it too late either. Thankfully she doesn't care what style it just needs to be royal blue. Which is a colour I think I can pull off the others are wearing a lilac purple (definitely can not pull that out off)

1st day of summer program was good. All the kids are great. One little boy (6yrs) can up to me at the park yesterday and told me he loved math and started quizzing me lol. Today we are going on a bus ride to the Lavabeds and doing a short hike to a waterfall. Having a picnic there Nd then coming home. itll be a slightly longer day with them but that's okay.
I just hahave to remember to take gravel because I get car sick :/

Hope your 4th of July is swell.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #21  

Curvy: Here’s hoping your meeting was productive and finally broke through that barrier of a lack of progress

Nichelle: Good luck in your hunt for a Maid of Honor dress! The dress hunt gave me so much anxiety, but I feel a bit better after finding the gown I did. Royal blue is such a gorgeous color! I’m sure you’ll look beautiful in whatever dress you choose

Happy Independence Day!!! I made it to 4L yesterday and carb count came in at 31g total, 26g net. TOM is on the way out so it’s back to eating at a caloric deficit for me. Today I’m taking the pups to get groomed (my best friend is my groomer, so she's open on the 4th of July ); I’m also puppy sitting for my friend again. After that I have more housekeeping to take care of (is the laundry ever done?) and some grocery shopping to do. I think I'm going to buy some strawberries when I go to the store to make some ketofied strawberry shortcake!

Week 1:
7/4: 260.8 (-3.7)
7/5:
7/6:
7/7:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-04-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #22  
Gizmo

​​​​​​Just checking in to say that this continuing heat wave has completely sapped my energy and I’ve been unable to exercise. Doesn’t help that I “worked” from 7am to 9pm yesterday. I say worked in quotes because part of my morning was spent running around buying things for the store, including an electrical fan for our office. I’m really hoping that they finish installing the air conditioning units today on my day off, so I can enjoy some cool air tomorrow. My appoitment with my obgyn went well. He gave me a prescription to have my thyroid levels tested, though he thinks Depo is behind my lack of weight loss.

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the USA! 🇺🇸

1: 4.3km walk + 35 minutes total body workout with weights
2: 36 minutes core workout
3:
4:
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #23  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Nichelle: I hope the beef burgers didn't upset your stomach too much...and, good luck with your dress hunt!

Martine: I agree! I'm really close to my family, so it's been hard to go so long without being able to be close enough to drive, because flying us all has been prohibitively too expensive to do since we were on the opposite coast before moving to Arizona. (Also the reason only my mother and her husband have been able to fly out to visit us the past few years...it's been too expensive for my brother, SIL, and their kids, as well. And, my dad passed in 2011, so that's why it's only my mom coming out.) It's only about a 15 hour drive now, so - while it's still not conveniently close - it's within reasonable driving distance, so we're taking advantage of it now that he has his first leave approved since being stationed here! I'm beyond excited to see everyone again. -- P.S. I hope it cools off there soon or that the AC installation is at least completed ASAP to help keep things cool indoors...wow!! That's too hot for my blood, lol.

Kayla: Thank you! I told him that a friend named Kayla told him happy birthday, and he happily exclaimed "Thank you -- I'm FOUR!!! I want to be 55, but I'm just 4." He was telling people everywhere we went yesterday that he was 4 now, but I'm not sure where the wanting to be 55 came from today, hahah. Oh, and let us know how the keto-friendly shortcake comes out!

Curvy: It was a great day all around, but I'm definitely happy that there won't be any more cakes to worry about until the next birthdays coming up in September (our middle child's and my own)...lol. I hope your meeting was more productive than usual yesterday, by the way!

-----------------------------------------

Before I begin...Happy Independence Day to everyone else here in the US!

Now, on to the update...lol. I did a NWI for yesterday, because it was our son's birthday and we ended up doing an early lunch with the cake and presents so he didn't have to wait until dinner time to do all that. We ended up going out instead of doing a pizza night, so - between that and the cake and ice cream - I more than DOUBLED my usual calorie intake for the day. Whoops! That, plus a snacking accident or "snaccident" the night before with some 7-layer dip and chips, I actually ended up being way over on calories for the last two days. Knowing that, you can imagine how nervous I was to step on the scale today, haha. However, even though there is obviously a gain to report, it's not nearly as much as I was expecting. Especially since TOM started today, as well. I guess that's one good thing about my body wanting to stubbornly stick to the same 3 lb range for weeks on end...it preserved the range going up, as well! Whew, lol. Hoping I will be lucky enough to stay down tomorrow after doing a traditional burger and fries dinner (with a veggie patty for me, of course ) after fireworks tonight. July is off to a rocky start with the foods, and I know vacation is coming up and will be fraught with tempting foods as well, so I'm trying to balance it all as best as I can...or at least better than I did yesterday!

Week One
01: 171.0
02: 170.8
03: NWI.
04: 171.4 - (tom)
05:
06:
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

opheliaphoenix Well that's the only good thing about a plateau I suppose is that even with a day of higher calories it has little effect. Eventually it will pass! Exactly where you are at was my plateau experience for 5 weeks!

Martine Hope your doc can get your energy levels back to normal.

RunningRedHead Keto shortcake sounds wonderful, please post a recipe and let us know how it turned out. Good luck with being strict on carbs this week.

Nichelle Royal blue is one of my favorite colors!

curvynotlumpy I think I missed the bad news about your friend, so sorry my condolences are late. Hope your meeting goes really well!

-------------------------
Hi ladies, I'm back from vacation. I am so frustrated though because I threw out my back during vacation, and am only able to hobble around the house. I had hoped vacation would be restorative, and it was up until this injury (which happened just by bending over and loading the cooler, i.e. nothing). Now I'm worried this will set me back in so many ways, between weight loss and work and also has been making things harder for my husband because I can't do childcare and house chores. Hopefully this won't last too long but I've read that it can take 4-6 weeks for an injury like this to heal and even be indicative of or be part of longer term problems with the lumbar. It doesn't seem fair that I have this issue, when I've dropped over 30 pounds and been exercising regularly and am in great shape. However, after doing some reading I do think I have been abusing my spine by bending over incorrectly, sitting badly, and so on, so this was probably an accident waiting to happen. The one small bit of good news is that despite me cheating a little during the vacation carb-wise (nothing excessive and not over maintenance calories, but I did eat 1/3 of a small ice cream on the boardwalk, and ate breaded fried seafood for 3 different dinners), I had a small weight drop between the last time I weighed (June 30 = 165.2 lbs) and this morning July 5 = 164.4 lbs). I was aiming for maintenance or up to 2 lbs of water retention so a small drop is progress.

Given my injury which will prevent me from normal exercise potentially all month or longer, I am going to set my weight loss goal at 2 lbs for the end of July, so 162. Honestly if I maintain at 164 I'll still be satisfied. Since I have to be less active I am going to work harder on my water goals and try to drink 80 fl oz of water a day, so that I'm still working on something. I'm still going to do keto with a 30g net carb limit, and try eating at 1300-1400 calories.

So far I haven't been to the doctor but if I am not able to return to normal puttering around the house and driving to work and whatnot by next week, I'll go. I just have the back pain, no leg pain or anything so from what I've read it's best to let the back heal itself if possible with muscle relaxants and cortisone shots or anything. I'm walking a bit around the house now and have been easing into stretches.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #25  

Talking

Martine: I totally understand what you mean about the heat sapping your energy. I haven’t made it through half of what I set out to do at home and that even includes an at-home workout. Glad to hear your appointment went well and that your doc has a theory behind your stall. Good luck with your lab work and I hope they’re able to get the AC installed so you have some nice cool working conditions the next time you’re in your office.

Casey: Aaawww, that’s awesome! I put my 4-year-old thinking cap on and my thought on the 55 is that he knows next year he’ll be 5, which is totally awesome, so wouldn’t it be super cool if it were two 5’s instead? JK, I have no idea, but it’s always fun to pick the brains of the tiny humans Glad to hear that your body's well-preserved 3-pound range includes increases too Hopefully TOM is kind to you this month

Jazzfan22: I’m so sorry to hear about your back! I completely understand the fear and frustration that comes with it. I don’t know what I would have done without my friends and family when I injured mine. This may sound crazy, but as long as it’s musculoskeletal and not disc related, rest will do it some good, but so will making sure you get up and walk a few minutes every few hours. My only (unsolicited, I know) advice is if you do go to the doc and they recommend PT, go for it! I turned it down the first time I injured my back, and I think if I had gone in the first place I wouldn’t have experienced the disc issues I had this January (for which I’m still in PT occasionally). My strictness evaporated with the heat wave yesterday and the 4th of July celebration that ensued, so I was a little higher with the carbs than I would have liked, but I’m back on track today!! Way to go on your drop on vacation, that is not an easy feat!

Made it to 5L yesterday and carb count came in a little higher than the day before (it was planned, there were strawberries and “shortcake” involved) at 55g total, 32g net. The cake actually came out really well, although I ended up ditching the shortcake/angel food cake idea because I wanted to use coconut flour instead of the protein powder a lot of recipes called for. This is the recipe I used: https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/...-coconut-cake/ It was super easy and came out well. It’s the first keto baked good I’ve made that actually came out in a texture similar to its standard counterpart. Plan for today is more cleaning, some work on the pool, getting my coffee prepped to make iced-coffee tomorrow, and entertaining some pups before my friend’s dog goes back to her owner.

Week 1:
7/5: 262.5 (+1.7)
7/6:
7/7:
Old 07-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #26  

Good morning

For those who celebrated it, I hope everyone had a good Fourth of July and enjoyed friends, family, good food and company.

I’ll do personals tomorrow as I’m posting via my phone. I’m at my vacation time max so I took the day off. I have other days planned for this month and in August in order to have a generous cushion once the fall quarter begins. The last few summers I’ve waited until late in the season to take time off and have ended up regretting it. By late summer fall preparations are well under way so I leave for vacation feeling anxious and return already overwhelmed . Nope, not this year.

Have a great day!
Old 07-06-2018, 02:51 AM   #27  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

RunningRedHead, my daughter has now shoveled sufficient cow poop that she has sworn off dairy products for life (or at least the next week or so )

CurvynotLumpy, baby caterpillars When my husband passed 40 he started growing hair on his ears. I don't mean in, I mean ON. The doc said, yeah, some men go bald, some men grow hair on their ears. DH says I'll take the hairy ears, thanks, cue werewolf jokes. In any case, I do have the distinct impression that my eyebrows are getting bigger in comparison to my face...
Good luck with the prep! I totally get why hubster takes a few phone calls and answers a few of the most important emails while we're on holiday; he comes back to work with FAR less of a feeling of dread if he does that.

Nichelle- gravel! I know that was a typo, but it's still funny. The lava sounds cool! I loved geology in school.

Martine, I'm sorry the heat's got you down. I hope you get some relief soon. My one consolation is that that sort of heat also kills my appetite. The vast majority of Swiss houses don't have AC (heck, they don't even do window screens in this country ) A couple years ago we did have a heat wave. I literally went down to the cellar and lay on the pile of dirty laundry because it was the only place in the house under 85 degrees f. Still, I just want to say that for someone with no energy, you've done some serious workouts this week and I'm impressed.

OMG, Casey- Snaccident- I think I just burned about 100 calories laughing at that. In my head the word looks more Seussian, though. Snaxident.
As for your relative lack of gain, I think we all need a calorie bomb day once in a while to shake things up. I've done that 4-5 times since January and it's never set me back in a serious way because I got right back to it every time.

jazzfan22, I am so sorry to hear about your back. I hope you get that sorted quickly, what a pita! (((hug)))

Worked out 2x this week, hoping the bat wings get small enough that I can fit into my actual size. Frustrating to have to buy a size larger because my upper arms literally won't fit into the sleeves.
So, the numbers:

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
May 30: 216
June 6: 214
June 13: 213
June 20: 210
June 27: 207
July 4: 206 (we don't have a fireworks smiley?)

Slightly frustrating result; overall I'm fine with it, but in kg, I weighed in at 93.3 on Wednesday, which is 300g away from that epic halfway milestone (original start was 126kg, goal is 60kg) but that's okay. My goal has always been 1kg per week and that's roughly what I'm doing, sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under. On the whole it's easier to lose in the summer I think, one is naturally more active and spends time outdoors, drinks more water, eats more fruit and light meals... I mention this, because I was hoping to "pre-lose" a couple kilos before we go on holiday to the states in September because I will bloody eat bloody everything. Anglo-American cake is my absolute nemesis.

Take care, everyone, try not to roast. Hey! I've just done my 600th post!

Last edited by Magicsusan; 07-06-2018 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Basic orthographic incompetence.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #28  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

jazzfan22: With the week away in California coming up next week, I'm expecting the plateau to last about that long for me as well, but we shall see. Last summer, I went totally off the rails and off plan after a long plateau and a sizeable gain after traveling...I'm determined to NOT let that happen again this year, though! Pushing through the frustrations and just treating it like another quick bus stop on a long journey...lol. I hope any setbacks you come across after your back injury will be seen the same way and you won't let having to rest get you down...and, I hope you feel better ASAP!

Kayla: I think you're on to something...two fives have GOT to be better than one to a 4-year-old! And, nice work substituting for a recipe more suited to what you wanted to do and it coming out great.

Curvy: I hope you enjoyed your day off and will enjoy the ones you have planned throughout the remainder of the season, as well...good idea to get them in while you can still relax while out and not have to worry about rushing back for Fall prep!

Magicsusan: Snaxident works for me, too! And, the few calorie bombs I've indulged in this week don't seem to have resulted in any major damage, so I'm hoping my body can balance it all out in the grand scheme of things and start coming back down soon. And, I definitely feel you on the batwing issues...there's been many a top that I've had to pass on due to the arms not fitting right or letting too much hang out in the wrong areas, even though the rest of the item fit perfectly. It's very frustrating!

-----------------------------------------

Went up a little yesterday after the 4th of July treats, but went back down to 170.0 today. Hoping this means I can finally get back down into the 160s after a normal day today...fingers crossed! My water has also been low the past couple of days, so going to make sure I get in my gallon today to see how that affects everything, as well.

Week One
01: 171.0
02: 170.8
03: NWI.
04: 171.4 - (tom)
05: 171.6 - (tom)
06: 170.0 - (tom)
07:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 07-06-2018 at 05:15 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #29  

Good morning

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start. My weight is down two pounds to 214.4 and while I have no complaints it's the same two pounds I've been toggling back and forth with the last couple of weeks so we'll see. Two days ago I lost my old and much loved Fitbit Zip so I'm completely bummed out by that. I'm trying to decide whether to replace it with another Zip or upgrade. A couple of friends I told this to think it's a sign from the universe to upgrade . I'm still in the process of checking some references for our first-runner up job candidate and am meeting with our #1 candidate and selection on Monday. Please send that she'll accept the position!

opheliaphoenix: I completely sympathize; I'm going to visit my brothers near the end of July and will be gone for five days. Do you know how much damage can be done in that amount of time ??!!! While I already know that vacation bloat is part of the deal (at least for me it is), I am strategizing how to do minimal damage while away. I sense that you're going to do really well because you've already set the foundation of good habits. I feel like you're in the "zone" so to speak, and that's a great place to be . Totally stealing Snaccident

Magicsusan: My late father had some truly gnarly eyebrows. And at 93 eyebrow maintenance wasn't a top priority so when he would go in to see his barber for his haircuts, his barber would take the scissors and handle the outgrowth . That's one way to handle it and dad was none the worse for the wear, though I wouldn't recommend this to others. BTW, your experience with your wings is the same as mine. I always have to bump up a size or two to accommodate and don't get me started on coats and jackets! Still, when I lost weight I was incredibly surprised by the shirts I could fit into. Good luck!

jazzfan22: I'm so sorry to hear about your back injury . What a disappointing way to spend vacation. I hope you're able to find some relief and that your recovery is without additional hurdles. Regarding the house upkeep and DH, is there family or friends in the area who could possibly help at certain times?

Martine: When heat and humidity strike together it feels like I'm being smothered and all I want to do is . I hope you enjoyed your day off and am keeping that cool, refreshing air conditioning is in your very near future!

Happy Saturday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 07-07-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #30  

Curvy: Glad to hear you have budgeted some time for yourself off of work and have your vacations adequately planned out. Sorry to hear about your zip, but I’m with your friends, it’s a sign from the universe!! that your candidate accepts the position

Magicsusan: That’s great! Nothing like some difficult and gross manual labor to instill a sense of respect and some work ethic in today’s youth You’re soooooo close to your halfway point! You’ll be there by your next post, I’m sure of it!

Casey: I hope you’re able to get back into the 160s today, now that everything is back to business as usual

Well, I’m ending the first week of July with a gain; this is the first time since May that I’ve ended a week with a gain. I skipped yoga this week and for the last two weeks, I’ve been straying from all the good habits I’ve built over the last two months. When I first started keto, I made sure to eat a vegetable with every meal, the last two weeks I’m lucky if I had one per day (I was also eating an avocado a day, I’m at about half every few days now). Starting today, I’m focusing on getting back to basics and really cleaning up my eating (getting away from all those sweeteners and baked treats I’ve discovered, as I think they’re leading me right back to where I started. I’m really grateful that I’ve figured this out before the scale/weigh-ins got away from me. I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend

Week 1:
7/5: 262.5 (+1.7)
7/6: 262.8 (+0.3)
7/7: 263.5 (+0.7)
Total for Week 1: +1.8
Total for July: +1.8

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-10-2018 at 05:16 PM.