Old 06-29-2018, 03:45 AM   #166  
Gizmo

I’ve been awake since 2am and I’m starting to feel sleepy again so I won’t write much at this time but I wanted to congratulate Livi29 on your engagement and getting your driver’s liscence! After years of being scared, I got my liscence at age 38 and all I know is 5 years later, I still can’t believe I waited so long to do it.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

I did my last weigh in for the month this morning. I wont ne able to tomorrow.

Start weight: 274.6
Current weight: 263.2
Total loss: 11.4 lbs

I have a 1st of July and bbq birthday this weekend. I bought some turkey smokies to bring for myself (lower in calories etc) I'm also doing desserts (shortbread cookies and krumkakes - which are amazing because I fill them with a no bake cheesecake) I'm going to try real hard not to eat any, probably should bring something sweet that I wont feel guilty for eating.

Lots to do. Have a great one
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

My goal is to be back later to write more but for now just a brief note to wish everyone a great day and to add my congratulations to Livi29. An engagement and new driver's license are truly new and exciting adventures! Okay, off to my Friday staff meeting and maybe cold calling references since folks aren't answering my email requests.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Magicsusan: We had some cooler weather for a bit too, but the heat is fast approaching. I like your idea of walking without melting Way to go on your drop and being so close to such a big milestone! Also I ’ed at the smiley face after the sentence detailing your daughters trip and the purpose of it. I think that program for students sounds like a wonderful idea! Great job getting your workouts ins and posting as much as you do; gotta do what’s best for you

Jazzfan22: It sounds like taking a bit more of a lax approach is really working for you. Hope you guys have an amazing vacation You’re absolutely right! Cleaning helps bring me to a happy place where I feel more balanced lol. Prenatal yoga sounds like such a good way to exercise, stay calm and work on your breathing

Casey: Yay!! Hopefully it continues the way down today! See you over in the July thread

Honestly, I’m surprised my weigh-in wasn’t up further today considering TOM is in town I probably just jinxed myself for tomorrow, but that’s okay. Made it to 4L yesterday and carb count came in at 46g total, 35g net. Plan for tonight is fireworks with the friend who’s getting married (also going out to celebrate her birthday) and then probably excusing myself at a decent hour so that I can get to sleep (so tired!) at a decent hour. I hope you all have a phenomenal Friday

SW: 269.0
6/28: 262.1
GW: 261

Final Days
6/29: 261.7 (-0.4)
6/30:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #170  

and good evening!

I hope everyone had a good Friday. It was a very quiet day on campus; Fridays usually are in the summer. It was also 97 degrees outside so that may have had something to do with it as well. Not a lot to report back though I was able to speak to one of the references I called. It felt like a win since up to that point all I seemed to be doing was leaving voicemails and sending emails to work around folks' schedules.

Martine: I hope you were able to get a little sleep today.

Nichelle: on your bbq! It may be easier than you think; I seem to remember you've navigated some social eating situations recently very successfully. Your desserts sound divine and oh, so yummy!

Magicsusan: Good to hear from you! It's been awhile but I remember that deflated look. It always reminded me of an unhappy balloon! I enjoy hearing about Millennials get introduced to various aspects of real life. In my unit we employ a fair number of students and it never ceases to amaze me that common sense often eludes them.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-29-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #171  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy oh how I sympathize with you regarding leaving numerous voice mail messages to get references for candidates. That's the part that I hated the most when we were hiring for the new store. Apparently they had tested out an email-only reference check system for a previous store opening which was a real success, but we could not use it for our own store for some reason.

RunningRedHead hope you had a fabulous evening celebrating with your friends. And really I could never tire of fireworks, it really brings out the kid in me. It also reminds me when I was little, they had fireworks at the park at the end of my street and something went wrong and the grass caught fire. But that never turned me off fireworks.

Nichelle hope you'll have a great time at the bbq tomorrow. As always what you're baking sounds delicious.

Magicsusan great job on all that walking. It does help when temperatures are a bit cooler I find. You are less than 10 pounds away from Onederland, I'm very excited for you!

I'm happy to leave June behind, it was not a good month for me. And this month is ending with a big heat wave that will continue into next week. Yesterday it was 38°C/100°F with the humidex and the worst is yet to come. And as luck would have it, we entered our new store yesterday and there won't be any air conditioning until Tuesday or Wednesday. Even my bangs were curly from the humidity. It was a good first day overall. It was about to turn really bad when we realized that the packing list that they sent us for all of our supplies did not match the actual order we received (the order was correct, the list was not). We switched to plan B and then we were able to get it done, but now that we do have the right list, I have to reconcile everything. A fun day ahead for me.

And now let's move on to July!

Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Squeaking in a whoosh at the end of June, weighed in at 165.6. June 1 I was 170.6, so that’s a 5 lb loss for the month! PMS was causing horrible water retention for a long time I think. See y’all in July!
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Glad to hear your Friday was nice and calm. And I agree with you that many a millennial-myself included at times - lack common sense (to the point where the term almost seems like an oxymoron). Hope you have a good weekend and I’ll see you over on the July thread

Jazzfan22: Way to go on your woosh and overall loss for the month! See you in July

Martine: Glad to hear the mishap with fireworks never got in the way of you enjoying them! I was worried one of the trees near the launch point was going to catch fire last night. I know they did wind tests and everything, but quite a few of the fireworks ended up in the tree… oh well, I guess that’s why they have firefighters and EMS personnel on standby

Although I didn’t quite make my goal for the month of June, I was on par loss-wise with last months totals (which includes the first week of water loss from starting keto) so I’m happy with the number. Next month will put me past my first signature goal (25% of the way to total goal)!
I was not as diligent about measuring my water yesterday as I normally would be (a lot of adding water to a not-quite-empty bottle), but I think I was about 3L. Carb count came in at 27g total and net (I didn’t do too hot on veggies/fiber intake yesterday, either). Have a great Saturday everyone, see you in the next thread

SW: 269.0
6/28: 262.1
GW: 261

Final Days
6/29: 261.7 (-0.4)
6/30: 261.7 (+/-0)
Total for Final Days: -0.4
Total for June: -7.3
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #174  

Good morning

Just a quick note as I'm headed out the door to get my brows waxed. I really should do this more often than I do; it looks like I've adopted two baby caterpillars. Okay, not that bad but it's enough to make me want to take action . Martine, you said it so well, "And now let's move on to July!" Amen, sister. Amen!
Old 06-30-2018, 10:40 PM   #175  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Just doing my final check-in for the month before moving to the next thread. The massive stall in the second half of the month absolutely tanked the decent progress I had been making in the first two weeks, so I only ended up losing 4.8 lbs overall for the month of June. Definitely not overjoyed with that number, but at least there was still some kind of loss to show. I usually do a full-month overview of my logging on my last post, but since all of the formatting is now ruined by the update, I'm just going to post it in a "Start Weight/Final Weight/Goal Weight" format.

SW: 175.4
FW: 170.6(-4.8)
GW: 167.0

See you all over in the July thread!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 06-30-2018 at 10:51 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote