Old 06-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #151  
Gizmo

Noir sorry to read about your family saying you shouldn't lose any more weight. I truly believe it's a personal choice how much you want to weigh in the end and as long as it's healthy and YOU feel good, then that's all that should matter to them. And yes 10 more pounds is totally within your reach.

RunningRedHead congratulations on the non-scale victories with your clothes getting looser. Honestly that to me is the best NSV. How was the yoga class today? So your Loki is getting quite the exercise with those long walks. I walked my Loki this morning around 10:30m and midway I could tell that he wished he was home already but we pushed forward. He's now passed out next to me on the couch. David is at work today with light duty, he's hanging in there, thanks for asking.

Nichelle great job on making it to the gym. Mmmmm I love cupcakes and that is why there are never any in the house. I make a mean chocolate cupcake but it's on rare occasions only. What did you end up baking?

Curvynotlumpy nice to hear your presentation went well, as did ours for health and safety. Are the applicants that you have seen so far a good fit for the position you are looking to fill?

I have two days off and plan on not doing a single thing for work, though I have been dreaming about work a lot lately. Can't wait to go into the store on Friday and see what the space looks like. I'm at home enjoying this amazing Summer weather we've been having, before high humidity moves in this weekend. Had a good walk this morning but Loki kept wanting to sniff everything so it took me longer than usual.

01: 34 minutes upper body weight training
02:
03: 4km walk + 43 minutes HIIT/lower body workout
04: 40 minutes upper body weight training
05: 34 minutes core workout
06:
07: 32 minutes upper body weight training
08:
09:
10:
11:
12: 4km walk
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: 4km walk + 35 minutes total body strength training
18:
19:
20: 4km walk
21: 4km walk
22:
23:
24: 4.3km walk
25:
​​​​​​​26: 4.3km walk

Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Noir: I love my Fitbit! I was debating getting the apple watch, but I love my Fitbit too much to give it up

Martine: Thank you!! Yoga was good, the class last week was an “all fitness levels” class whereas todays was for beginners. I feel like today was definitely more my speed and I didn’t get that feeling of inferiority I had at the last class. I actually feel like I wouldn’t be too intimidated to go to one of these classes alone, so that’s a win I guess Glad to hear you’re enjoying your days off without work interfering (except in dreamland) and you’re able to take advantage of some great weather! It sounds like both Lokis are getting some good exercise in; my Lokid is passed out cold as well Glad to hear David is able to do light duty and he’s hanging in there (I think hanging in there is half the battle!)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone had a great day. We just wrapped up the interviews for the open position in our Veterans Center. This was a really good applicant pool and for the most part how the candidates looked on paper were actually how they presented in person. I had a truly awkward misstep as I extended an invitation to a colleague from Financial Aid to be part of the interview committee. Only after I went back to review the applications did I notice that she is the supervisor for to of the candidates . She had already agreed to be on the committee so I didn't want to cause more awkwardness by rescinding my invitation. Wouldn't you know it, her staff is the person we selected for the position . It's times like these that I'm fortunate to have the colleagues that I do. Prior to beginning the interviews today I brought it up to the whole committee just so that there wasn't an elephant in the room and she was so cool and gracious about it. She even mentioned that her staff person had let her know that she had an interview and let her staff person know that she was on the committee. Lesson learned--read more carefully!

RunningRedHead: I love my Fitbit as well! Which one do you have? I have just the basic one but have been considering an upgrade. Every time I do, though, I forget about it and never do and then start the process all over again !

Martine: I was wondering when you'd let us know that you had some time off. You've been working incredibly hard and such long hours that you were due for some R&R I'm glad you and Loki have been able to get outside and enjoy the summer .

Noir: You'll decide on your happy weight. Family means well but they haven't walked in your shoes. I've been where you're at. About midway through my journey (last time I was successful) I got down to 170 pounds. I felt great and looked really good but I knew I wasn't done. Still, due to the fact that I was so fat when I started I looked remarkably "thin" to my friends. They kept telling me to stop and asking in roundabout ways if I had an eating disorder. Funny, no one asked that question when I was over 200 pounds! I'm thrilled that your DH supports you. Keep doing things the healthy way and try to distance yourself from those alternative voices you're hearing.

A lovely evening to all!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-27-2018 at 07:03 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:12 PM   #154  

Thank you all for your encouragement I needed that. I will carry on until I find my happy weight.

I love my Fitbit Charge HR but am thinking of getting the new Versa. I like that you can swim with it on and it can play 300+ songs. My HR isn't dead yet and that would be the motivation to upgrade. I love the website too! I use it to track my food and weight .I have the scale (Aria) and it tracks all kinds of fun stuff.

Good night all!
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

I was good yesterday... didnt have any cupcakes or a hotdogs. I stuck to my planned lunch.

I went to my local college to apply to get into ECCE program in the fall i just need to get a crim check for the school to finish applying. (I needed proof of immunization, 2 reference letters, 800word essay why I want to get into ece career goals etc, updated resume and a crim check) go as of tomorrow when I hand in my crim check paper I'll be waiting to go my letter
Itll take me a while to become a full ece but that's okay. I cant afford school on a full time basis with my mortgage etc. I'm taking one or two course at a time

I weight in this morning the I think the number wasn't right... so I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and let you guys know
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:49 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

I'm down to 264.2lbs
Equaling 10.4lbs this month

My best friend and I started a private fb page that we post in daily to help keep us motivated to loss weight. She doesn't live in the same town anymore. Having this page is great. We post recipes we've tried, memes, videos, rants etc. We just start 100days of why?... each day we post 1 reason to loss weight for 100days

Last edited by Nichelle; 06-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #157  

Nichelle: Wow! 10.4 lb’s is excellent progress, you should be very proud of yourself! Your fb page sounds like a wonderful idea, and good luck with your ECE application, it sounds like a very exciting time!

Noir: I used to have the Charge HR, but when the rubber started peeling away from the electronic/plastic part, I switched it up to a Blaze, which has served me well. I’ll have to look into this Versa you mention (I only pay attention to what they have in their lineup when I’m in the market, because otherwise it’s very expensive window shopping ), but I agree with you, the water resistant feature sounds wonderful. Also, I love the Aria, isn’t it great?!

Curvy: I have the Blaze, but I keep considering going to one of the clippable Fitbits. When I want to wear a watch, I take the blaze out of the wristband and put it in my pocket anyway and I do like wearing watches… I’ll reevaluate when this Fitbit starts to die Glad to hear that all the candidates actually matched up with their applications/resumes. Also glad to hear that your misstep worked out for the better

I made it to 4L yesterday and carb count came in at 42g total, 20g net. I’m suspecting a smidge of water retention from yoga yesterday (although I’m not quite as sore as last week). One pattern I’ve noticed however is that on days I do yoga, I don’t have any problems sleeping after, (most nights I only sleep 6-7 hours, the last two times after yoga I’ve slept about 10 hours!) which is nice! Today’s plans include lunch and a mani-pedi with my friend for her birthday, followed by a nice long walk with our pups! I’ve been finding lately that as we get older that birthdays have switched to focus more on spending time with each other and hanging out, more than focusing on presents. I mean there are still gifts and whatnot, but they tend to be smaller and more meaningful now. Just finishing up my coffee, then getting ready to go out into the day. Have a fantastic hump-day everyone

SW: 269.0
6/21: 264.2
GW: 261

Week 4:
6/22: 263.1 (-1.1)
6/23: 263.1 (+/-0)
6/24: 262.3 (-0.8)
6/25: 262.7 (-0.6)
6/26: 261.8 (-0.9)
6/27: 262.5 (+0.7)
6/28:
Old 06-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #158  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Will start up personals again tomorrow...hopefully everyone is doing well!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days again...the reformatting bombed my original post, so I got frustrated and avoided posting. I've been tracking all along, though! Unfortunately, my body is still toying with me...went up to 171, then back down to 169.8, then right back up to 171. I was on course for hitting my goal in a breeze this month, but now I'm thinking I won't even be near it come Saturday. Praying for a whoosh to make up at least some of the difference in the meantime and staying on-plan. Went to the gym for the first time in a long time the other day to try jogging intervals on the treadmill, since it's just too hot outside right now. My stamina still leaves a lot to be desired, but I was able to keep up a steady rotation for about half an hour before moving to other machines to catch my breath...lol.

Week Four
22: 169.8
23: NWI.
24: 170.2
25: 171.0
26: 169.8
27: 171.0
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #159  

Greetings

opheliaphoenix: Congrats on getting back to the gym and getting in a decent workout This has been a long standing goal for me but I can't seem to do it. When I think about going I stymie myself with thoughts of how it will reveal how out of shape I really am. At the same time I've been in this position before and worked myself out of it into a place of and health. You inspire me.

Nichelle: Love, love, the idea of the private FB page that only you and your friend have access to! What a great way to support each other and share your experiences! And on dropping +10 pounds this month!

RunningRedHead: If yoga is allowing you to get 10 hours of good , that's enough of a motivator to keep doing it, right? I hope you had a great day with your friend and that you both enjoyed her birthday lunch and getting mani-pedis. What a wonderful day! I'm in complete agreement with your statement about growing older and mind shift from to quality time together. My supervisor now asks her adult children to gift her with experiences rather than gifts because she savors the time with them and will have memories that will long outlive the usefulness or nicety of gifts. However, I also agree that you can't go wrong with a thoughtful present.
Tomorrow is the last day of work for my staff person who is retiring. We're taking her out to lunch and have a couple of nice gifts for her. It will be a nice send-off. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be spending time doing reference checks for our top candidates and completing the screening sheet we're required to do that justifies why the committee didn't select the other candidates as well as those folks who were referred to us. It's going to take some time. Tonight I'm having dinner with a good friend and then we're making a Target run. Should be fun!

Wishing you all a lovely evening
Old 06-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #160  

Height: 5'7

Hey!! Sorry I went MIA guys... crazy couple of weeks. I got engaged!!! And I got my driver's license after years and years of being too scared of driving to take the test.

I let myself slide a bit. No binging, still trying to stay aware of what I was eating but but not counting or really restricting either. Weight did a teeter totter for a while and def had bloating. But it's settling back down now it seems, saw my monthly goal for a moment yesterday so we'll see what the last couple days show. Need to get back at it and prioritize nutrition.

Week Four
22: 211.6
23: 212.4
24: -
25: 210.2
26: 209.8
27: 208.8
28: 209.6
Livi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #161  

Casey: Way to go on your jogging intervals! The thought of cardio for a half an hour straight is enough to make me short of breath Sorry to hear the scale wasn’t kind to you the last few days, here’s hoping for a today!

Livi29: Congratulations!!! To both the engagement and the license! How exciting for you! Also, way to go on your drop on the scale

Curvy: You’re absolutely right! In the past I’ve tried to rush getting into a consistent workout pattern, and I would have forced myself to go to yoga classes 3+ times per week. Right now I’m sticking with my pattern of going once, maybe twice, per week and enjoying it. Once I don’t get so sore afterward, then I’ll think about increasing it (along with my mostly daily walks with the doggo). Mani-pedi’s were wonderful, I’m thinking of making them a regular treat for myself when I stay on plan 100%. I love the idea your supervisor had, that sounds awesome! I may have to adopt that I hope you enjoy going out to lunch for your retiree and don’t get too inundated with the remaining work of hiring a new candidate. I also hope dinner with your friend and the Target run are both fun and productive. I don’t know about you, but whenever I go into target, I eventually get what I went there for, but I also end up with about 10 other things (on a good, self-restrained day ) that I did not intend to buy!

I made it to 5L yesterday and carb count came in at 48g total, 31g net. I didn’t make it outside with Loki for a long walk (but we did play in the yard), but I almost made it to my step goal with some cleaning and organizing in the house. I’m actually working tonight for a friend who is covering my shift on Saturday so that I can go to my friends wedding gown fitting. I’m a little nervous because I’m going to be a bridesmaid and I find dress shopping (specifically special event dress shopping) to be very intimidating. Oh well, too late to worry about it now Off to food prep I go, have a great night everyone!

SW: 269.0
6/21: 264.2
GW: 261

Week 4:
6/22: 263.1 (-1.1)
6/23: 263.1 (+/-0)
6/24: 262.3 (-0.8)
6/25: 262.7 (-0.6)
6/26: 261.8 (-0.9)
6/27: 262.5 (+0.7)
6/28: 262.1 (-0.4)
Total for Week 4: -2.1
Total for June: -6.9
Old 06-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #162  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: It's been so hot outside (even in the garage where our elliptical is) that I've been procrastinating on or putting off exercise altogether, so I know that's not doing me any favors. I don't like working out in public, but I'm trying to make sure I don't get any further behind over that mild inconvenience...lol. I hope that you had a nice dinner with your friend last night, and that your staff member's retirement lunch goes great today, as well.

Livi29: Congratulations on the engagement AND the driver's license!!

Kayla: It started moving in the right direction again today, so I'm just hoping it's the start of an actual downward trend again and not just another fluctuation on the yoyo I've been trapped on this week, lol. And, I hope that the bridesmaid dress shopping goes well this weekend, by the way...I know how stressful that can be!

-----------------------------------------

Back down a little to 169.6 today. That technically means a 1 lb loss for Week Four, but it's only because I had a gain on the final day of last week. Still up from my month's low way back on the 17th. Still hoping for a whoosh before Saturday's weigh-in, but not holding my breath. Pushing through regardless, and I'll be heading to the gym again this afternoon to work on those jogging intervals.

Week Four
22: 169.8
23: NWI.
24: 170.2
25: 171.0
26: 169.8
27: 171.0
28: 169.6
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Four: 1.0 lb.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

opheliaphoenix I fluctuated up and down a lot between the high 160s and low 170s, so I feel your pain! Good job pushing through.

RunningRedHead It feels so good to clean and organize; I have been spending time doing that recently as I feel like my house/life are really messy. Good job on hitting your macros! Interesting observation about the link between Yoga and sleep. I'm not doing Yoga now but if/when we conceive again I will start up a prenatal yoga class again.

Livi29 Congratulations on the engagement as well as the driver's license, that is a busy two weeks!

curvynotlumpy Going back to the gym when I restarted my journey in February really psyched me out, because I thought I would feel sad about the fact that I used to be in great physical shape, and that I felt I would never be able to get back there post-motherhood (I used to work out 2 hrs/day 6 days/week and still only got down to 155 lbs, which I now attribute to the flawed calories-in-calories-out model without taking into account my insulin resistance and messed up metabolism). But once I got there and walked through the door, which was the hardest part, I actually felt at "home" again. I went to a Zumba class and looked around and there were people of all shapes and sizes and fitness levels having fun and shaking their booties and sweating and I felt really inspired. There were people who were much bigger than myself doing an amazing job and I thought to myself, I have forgotten an important lesson, fitness can really come at multiple sizes and if I work at this it will come back faster than I think. One of the best Zumba teachers I ever had was a woman who was a size 16 and had lost 100 lbs, so inspirational and she had the best choreography. Even by class 3 I could feel an improvement. The big trick for me is doing an exercise I really love so that the process feels fun instead of like a chore.

Nichelle 10 lbs this month, wow, nice!!! It's great that you have a close weight loss buddy, the FB page is a cool idea.

Martine Hope you enjoyed your days off from work!

Noir It's so hard when others try to influence what is ultimately a personal decision. Hopefully you can find the support you need in your weight loss journey.

-------------------------------
Sorry to have been MIA for a bit, ladies. The bad news about the grant hit me hard. I am doing a little better now in that I'm not having intrusive thoughts about it as much, and the sleep disturbances are lessening. I am very unmotivated at work though. I have a vacation coming up and am trying to get the house organized and that organized so that when I get back, I can hopefully be re-energized and invigorated to deal with work again and the aftermath of decision-making about the grant and whether to reapply or not, which will be a long process of talking to many advisors and weighing various factors which I won't get into now.

I decided that what I had been doing with keto was stressing me out more than it needed to given this bad news I was dealing with, so I gave myself permission to not track for a few days and eat some more (healthy) carbs. I was trying out a very strict keto and staying ~15g with ~1300 calories but I was too hungry and felt badly because of lack of vegetables and low calories. I am not tracking for now, am back to drinking a bit of kombucha, eating kimchi, blueberries, big salads with cherry tomatoes. I'm pretty sure I'm staying under 50g carbs and probably not going off the rails calorie-wise because my weight is actually doing better than before (though am not back to my old low). I had jumped back up to 169, 168 and the scale was not moving, but this morning it was back down to 166, even after going out to a restaurant to eat and consuming a large wedge salad with skirt steak.

Since we're going on vacation, it will be extremely hard to do keto so I'm going to allow myself to "cheat" -- I still want to try for healthy foods and not overconsume, but want to enjoy myself and not stress. Hopefully I'll be pretty active during the vacation, and maybe that'll counter-balance my looser eating standards than normal. I'll be pleased if I come back and have managed to maintain.

jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:37 PM   #164  

Believe it or not we are at the end of June. Our July thread can be found here. Here's to a great month!
Old 06-29-2018, 02:47 AM   #165  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello everyone! Only two days late this week!

RunningRedHead, we got an uncharacteristic cold front which has actually been very nice for walking. It's about to be over, though, so we may have to take our walks higher up to avoid melting. ¨¨ Hope the dress fitting is fun and not stressful.

Nichelle, Those popsicles sound yummy. I sometimes make kiwi and banana! You're doing great, 11 pounds! Have a great birthday weekend!

Holy Moley, Livi29! You have been busy. Congratulations!

Martine, Well done keeping up the walking with your busy schedule. Enjoy your days off. I hope the store looks great when you get back!

Curvynotlumpy, well done on the presentation! I also find speaking to a group intimidating. I'm glad, too, that you work with cool people who understood about the interview oops.

Casey, half an hour of intermittent jogging sounds pretty good to me! And if this is the first time in a while you've been to the gym, you might be retaining water to build those new muscles, so that could be the reason for the slight up-tick in the numbers.

Jazzfan22- good luck on holiday. I'm sorry you're struggling right now, but I think you have the right idea of getting the house in order before you go so that you can have a fresh start.

So, sorry for anybody I missed. I don't know how you people juggle jobs and kids and exercise and food prep and **still** get over here to post regularly! I'm aiming for once a week.
Anyway, I've done well this week, lots of walks (usually about an hour, but 3-4 on Saturday and Sunday) and even did three workouts this week! Die batwings, die! I am the skullcrusher queen!
We are off for more walks this weekend. It's been cold this week, especially higher up, and youngest daughter is up on an alp for two weeks (kids in the academic school have to do this so they have a clue what manual labour is like). There is, simply put, no way to bathe up there and only a latrine to poop in. She is not thrilled.

On another note, one more kilo and I will be officially half-way to my goal!!! I'm starting to look slightly deflated in places Take care everyone, have a great weekend!

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
May 30: 216
June 6: 214
June 13: 213
June 20: 210
June 27: 207

Last edited by Magicsusan; 06-29-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote