Old 01-30-2018, 11:31 AM   #196  
Gizmo

A big hello to everyone!

Nichelle welcome back home and your trip sounded wonderful! Only a 2-pound gain during a vacation where food is so delicious is a win. And you're right back on track, that gain will be gone in no time. You guys sure got a lot of snow! Sounds like our big snow storm not long ago. Shoveling is definitely exercise. Hope you'll enjoy your new gym and new fitbit.

imthegoddess sounds like you'll benefit from having new exercise challenges at work with the new employee there. Don't feel awkward about your weight around her. I have a super fit colleague at work (she went to India last year to get more accreditations in yoga and she runs and does crossfit too) and I just take inspiration from her and I know there's no judgement from her.

RunningRedHead I'll be glad when this month will be over, January was not a good one for me. When are you starting your vacation and are you doing anything in particular? I'll be on a 2-week vacation starting February 9th and I'm counting down the days.

opheliaphoenix CONGRATULATIONS! I read the thread every day and saw when you posted that you made it to Onederland and it made me smile. I'm so happy for you to have reached this milestone and we know all the hard work that went into it.

curvynotlumpy raindow beets sound wonderful. Actually any fresh food sounds wonderful to me righht now, as we've been living on cereal and toast and whatever we could pick up since my husband and I did not have any energy to cook while being sick.

Magicsusan a huge congratulations on being under your goal! It's nice that you switched it up as well with weights instead of walking. The body gets used to routine and needs new challenges.

Laura thank you for enquiring about me, that's very kind of you. I can feel your frustration with the scale reading your post. But you are proactive and it's a good thing you figured out why this was happening so you could make necessary adjustments.

So I've been reading everyone's posts daily but have lacked energy and time to keep up with posting. I am on the last day of my antibiotics and though I see some improvement (less coughing during the day and a dryer cough), I also am still fighting coughing fits in the mornings and phlegm seems to be back since last night. If by Monday I see no further improvements, I'll have to go back to the doctor's. But today I am feeling somewhat more energetic at least.

Funny story: I locked myself out this morning when I went to walk Loki. I changed my routine as I put on new cleats that I bought to avoid slipping on icy sidewalks and the second the door closed, I realized that I had not taken my keys. And I usually also take my phone with me but this time, no such luck. Nothing to do but take a long walk to where David works, which took me about 40 minutes. He thought it was really funny. It's the first time in 16 years together that this happened to me. He's locked himself out a couple of times in the past, now he can tease me like I would tease him. This walk though is an indicator that I can do some moderate exercise now, which is encouraging. And my cleats work well too, no more worries about ice.

Hope everyone will have a great day!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #197  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

Martine nice to see you're on the mend, though I think taking an unexpected long walk may not be as much as you were wanting to do so soon! Hope you continue to improve!

Nichelle boo to the broken FitBit but YAY for a new one!! Enjoy the gym!! I'm working on going more often myself.

goddess I echo Martine's point about your new employee, how lucky to have an accredited fitness person so close by!! Nice work on the plank challenge! Keep it up and you'll be doing it longer in no time!

So, I finally got rid of the water retention which makes me happy, but the diet bet ends in only a few more days and now I have a little over four pounds to lose. I'm going to do my level best and go down swinging but part of me is not optimistic.

I looked at upcoming bets and one starts right after we get back from our long weekend away, so maybe I'll join that one. There are other levels of bet where you have 6 months to lose 10%, but a year into my weight loss journey, I fear I'm too impatient to lose so slowly, so I guess the short burst ones will be the choice going forward.

Woke up extra early this morning and it would have been a perfect opportunity to go to the gym, unfortunately it didn't work for my husband's morning, and it was too late to change his plan, so I looked at my work calendar to see if I could fit an hour to pop over to the company gym and get the same workout I could have had this morning.

Keeping my eye on the prize...
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I have a busy week ahead of me so I wanted to let you know that I set up our February thread. You can find it here.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #199  

Good morning

Nichelle: Sorry to hear about your FitBit. I only have the basic one and have wanted to upgrade for some time. I wish I had a broken one as a valid excuse. May still upgrade without the excuse. I think equipment makes a big difference on one's attitude about going to the gym. It certainly has for me when my gym has invested in it. Yet, I realize it's actually using the equipment that matters. Shoveling snow is great exercise; I'm sure you burned a bunch of calories doing it.

Martine: Welcome back to the land of the upright! I'm so happy and relieved you are feeling better. What a great observation about your walk to DH's work as a way to gauge how much activity you can do. I'm sorry it took being locked out of your home to test out your stamina, though. I'm that another trip to the doctor doesn't happen.

Laura: "Keeping my eyes on the prize." Love this! Thanks for the reminder.

imthegoddess: Your new employee sounds like an inspiration! I really like the idea of a plank challenge and stairs are always a good workout regardless of how many you do. I'm glad you're having fun with all the new activities.
Yesterday one of my staff dropped the news to me that she was going to retire effective July 1. I was not expecting it at all. I have mixed feelings; I'm thrilled for her but also anxious about how I'll find someone with her level of expertise and eye for details. She's our veteran certifying official and is responsible for making sure all of veterans and dependents have in place their educational benefits and are using them properly. Her work is stellar. I don't drink but after she told me yesterday, I certainly wanted to start!

It will be fine. Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-30-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #200  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

It was a "No Weigh-In" for me today, because I ended up being out and about and unexpectedly ate before being able to come home and weigh-in. So, I will report back tomorrow for the final weigh-in for the month with my overall loss! I will catch back up on the personals tomorrow, as well.

Final Days
29: 199.8
30: NWI.
31:
----------------------------
End of Week Four: 199.8
Total Loss for Final Days:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-30-2018 at 04:38 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

imthegoddess: Your plank challenge sounds like a lot of fun, and it’s great that you have a group to have fun with.

Laura: Way to go getting rid of that extra water weight, hang in there!

curvy: Sorry to hear about your colleague retiring, it can be very stressful to lose such a valuable resource.

Martine: January sounds like it’s been rough for you, I hope you’re on the mend soon. I am also counting down the days until my trip. My vacation is 2/5-2/15; a friend an I are going south for the sun and the sand How about you? Glad to hear you were able to get a good walk in without any issues

I laid low today, I’m holding off on working out for the time being as I think I may have stained some of the muscles in my lower back. It correlates to the stationary bike, I think I may need to switch to a different source of cardio. I’m hoping to get in to see my primary care doc in the next couple days to get it checked out, just in case it’s not a strain. Have a good night everyone!

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Week 4
1/21: 281.7 (+0.4)
1/22: NWI
1/23: 282.3 (+0.6)
1/24: 282.8 (+0.5)
1/25: 284.7 (+0.9)
1/26: 283.4 (-1.3)
1/27: 282.5 (-0.9)

Final Days
1/28: 282.4 (-0.1)
1/29: 282.0 (-0.4)
1/30: 280.9 (-1.1)
1/31:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-31-2018 at 03:19 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #202  
NOOM user

Happy Hump day and end of the month!!

RunningRedHead oh no!! Back strains are the worst!! I truly hope you get relief and feel better soon. Definitely sounds like it may be bike related. Please be careful and not over do it.

Curvy sorry to hear about your new stressor, be careful not to stress eat!! Thanks for setting up the February thread!!

Definitely feeling better and more in control leaving January than I did going in. I still have 4 days and 3.1lbs to lose in the Diet Bet so I'm being extra cautious. I was looking at MFP this morning when I was changing our dinner option for Friday and got the sodium warning when I made the changes. I then deconstructed every food and meal to see where I could cut the sodium down and successfully ended up swapping Thursday's breakfast and lunch with Friday and both days are ending up under my sodium limit. I erased the sodium bump yesterday morning and was down another 1.2 this morning so I'm getting a little more hopeful that I can accomplish this goal if I really stay focussed.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #203  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichelle View Post
I got my gym membership and went this morning. I signed up at a different gym this time. It'll a little more expensive but the equipment seems to be way nicer! It's an 'Anytime Fitness' it just opened last fall in my town and i like the idea when i go to other communities i can get into the anytime fitness there for free.
Hope you made it around on the roads okay. Congratulations on the new gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
Funny story: I locked myself out this morning when I went to walk Loki. I changed my routine as I put on new cleats that I bought to avoid slipping on icy sidewalks and the second the door closed, I realized that I had not taken my keys. And I usually also take my phone with me but this time, no such luck. Nothing to do but take a long walk to where David works, which took me about 40 minutes. He thought it was really funny. It's the first time in 16 years together that this happened to me. He's locked himself out a couple of times in the past, now he can tease me like I would tease him. This walk though is an indicator that I can do some moderate exercise now, which is encouraging. And my cleats work well too, no more worries about ice.

Hope everyone will have a great day!
Martine, glad to see you back, and felling a bit better. I hope you continue to improve. Sorry you locked yourself out. I'm glad walking for help was an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Keeping my eye on the prize...
That's a solid plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post

I have a busy week ahead of me so I wanted to let you know that I set up our February thread. You can find it here.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Yesterday one of my staff dropped the news to me that she was going to retire effective July 1. I was not expecting it at all. I have mixed feelings; I'm thrilled for her but also anxious about how I'll find someone with her level of expertise and eye for details. She's our veteran certifying official and is responsible for making sure all of veterans and dependents have in place their educational benefits and are using them properly. Her work is stellar. I don't drink but after she told me yesterday, I certainly wanted to start!

It will be fine. Wishing everyone a great day!
At least you have five months, but finding a new employee is a challenge. The market here is so tight, we had two interviewees cancel before we could interview then because the received other offers. We found someone great, and you will too. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
I laid low today, I’m holding off on working out for the time being as I think I may have stained some of the muscles in my lower back. It correlates to the stationary bike, I think I may need to switch to a different source of cardio. I’m hoping to get in to see my primary care doc in the next couple days to get it checked out, just in case it’s not a strain. Have a good night everyone!
I found the recumbent bike to be easier on the back. I hope your back is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Definitely feeling better and more in control leaving January than I did going in. I still have 4 days and 3.1lbs to lose in the Diet Bet so I'm being extra cautious. I was looking at MFP this morning when I was changing our dinner option for Friday and got the sodium warning when I made the changes. I then deconstructed every food and meal to see where I could cut the sodium down and successfully ended up swapping Thursday's breakfast and lunch with Friday and both days are ending up under my sodium limit. I erased the sodium bump yesterday morning and was down another 1.2 this morning so I'm getting a little more hopeful that I can accomplish this goal if I really stay focussed.
Good luck with the bet. You can do it.
__________________________________________________ _______________
I didn't have the month I wanted, but I'm back her, posting and that's a huge plus for me. Overall, I'm down 5 pounds. As Laura said, keep the eye on the prize. Hopefully, we'll be healthier and continue some successful weight loss. See you in the February thread.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:05 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Curvynotlumpy - my fitbit was an older basic one too. So I am happy for a new one haha

Weigh in

Jan 2: 278lb
Jan 3: --
Jan 4: 276.2 (-1.8lb)
Jan 5: 275.2 (-1lb)
Jan 6: --
Jan 7: 271.8 (-3.4)
Jan 8: 270.4 (-1.4)
Jan 9: 269.4 (-1.0)
Jan 10: 268.2 (-1.2)
Jan 11: 267.8 (-0.4)
Jan 12: 267.2 (-0.6)

Jan 29: 269.2 (+2)
Jan 30: --
Jan 31: 269.8 (+0.6)

Total loss: 8.2lbs
I'm happy with that.
It feels like today is Friday and is only Wednesday :/ I didn't get my meal planning done but I found a few recipes for dinners and a quinoa salad I'm making for lunch tomorrow. I will make time this weekend and get it done. And catch up on my reading homework.
The snow has stopped for now. There is about 2.5 feet. In my yard but at the preschool the snow drifts into our playground so some spots at 3.5/4feet lol we could lose a child in that. It's suppose to snow again but I'm hoping not. Lol
Yesterday a friend (she lives in a very small rural community which doesn't have a hospital etc) came to town for an ultrasound and ended up having emergency surgery... She was experiencing pain a few weeks ago and thought she was having another miscarriage but the it went away for a while. She called and made an appointment here and the found the fetus was attached to the fallopian tube... so then ended up doing surgery yesterday and had to remove her whole tube
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #205  

Default Good morning everyone :)

I used to participate in the medifast discussion last year and fell off after my wedding. Had to catch up on the debt lol. I'm back and starting medifast Friday. Gonna go hard this time and focus even more since the wedding stress is over. I has lost about 35 lbs in a few months and gained maybe half back. Time to focus

Last edited by JEN.CA; 01-31-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #206  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Nichelle! sounds like you had a fab time hiking and climbing all over Taiwan! Welcome home! How sore are your calves?

Imthegoddess, I hear you on the health concerns. My mom had ALL of them (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) but I seem to have inhereted my father's genes. I have to say, though, when my mom finally got in the habit of daily exercise, they had to take her back off the insulin, so... Well done on the 20oz of h2o! That's amazing!

Opheliaphoenix, lol and congrats on the loss! That fits in with all the discussions we've been having about how sometimes you think you've been so good and you have a gain, then you eat chips and Welcome to onederland! I haven't been there myself for some time.

Runningredhead, sounds like it's all falling in place! Water, exercise, the perfect omelette Sorry to hear about your back, though. Is there also a lot of standing with your job, or mostly walking?

Laura It's diabolical, about the salt, isn't it? We don't eat out very often, so I don't have that much problem with it, but it is frustrating when you've otherwise done everything right. Well done on the food prep- I've totally flubbed that this week, but on the other hand, I did manage to fit in strength training a couple of times, so, win?

Shoot. I'm out of time and my tofu is burning, youngest leaves Friday but I know she will have a great time. Went jogging again at 4 this morning. I am just really crap at sleeping
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #207  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

... I tried to join under a new name (StarAnise) but I can't handle the blasted 5 post limit and no signature for 20 days! Thanks for the very warm welcome back!!! Ya'll rock.

My big goal for today is to drag my scale out of storage. Huh, that was probably PART of the big problem.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #208  

See you all over on the February thread!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

imthegoddess: Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Great job sticking with posting and congrats on your drop.

Laura: Great job on your drop and rearranging your meals for the week so you stay within your daily sodium allotment. Good luck with the rest of your diet bet, you can do this!

Nichelle: It looks like you’ve had a solid month, and even with your small bump after vacation, you still had quite the drop So sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she gets well soon.

Magicsusan: Thanks, it’s feeling better with lots of rest. I walk about 5 miles per shift at work, but there is also a lot of standing involved. Way to go jogging! I can’t wait for a day with slightly warmer weather so I can get outside

SarahFairhope: I hope you’re able to get your scale out of storage today

Laying low yesterday has paid off, today I’m resting again, but I was able to get some vacuuming and cooking done (avoiding any bending and additional strain). Back to trying to figure out a good way to get some cardio in. I’ve got someone lined up to buy my traitorous bike, and I think I’m going to use that money toward buying an elliptical or a treadmill.

Although I’m not quite at the goal I set for myself this month, I’m happy with the drop I did have, and I’m leaving January feeling like I have more control over what and how I eat, and like I have a better idea of what food/workout combination works for me. Have a great rest of the day and I’ll see y’all over in the February thread

SW: 286.1
GW: 279.0

Final Days
1/28: 282.4 (-0.1)
1/29: 282.0 (-0.4)
1/30: 280.9 (-1.1)
1/31: 281.4 (+0.5) ---> -4.7 overall

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 01-31-2018 at 03:19 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #210  
NOOM user

JEN.CA Welcome back!! I've changed my strategy from Medifast to something more sustainable in the long haul. Glad you made your way here!