Old 08-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

boopchick do you find yourself eating a lot of the same foods? Sometimes I like to keep it simple because it is so easy and also because getting creative too often means the scale moves up for me.

kfunk you seem to have gotten back into the swing of things. I don't have anything social until the 20th and that is a feast. I am still not sure how I am going to handle that. Like you I hope to string a couple of good weeks together.
I see you are 3 pounds away from goal #2!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

believe it is hard getting back on track, but it gets easier if you can get a few good days under your belt!! You have done so well so far, you can do it!!!

Thank you boop!! I am glad that you have found something that works so well for you! I know that I will be incorporating IF, and hopefully soon, it seems like the best approach for me!

ubee I know that you asked boop, but I wanted to chime in as well, I eat the same things over and over! I love the foods that I choose and it keeps it really easy!! I feel like I am back and more committed than I have been since May, and it feels really good! Maybe on the 20th you could try a day of IF and have a small window where you eat that meal and enjoy yourself, maybe you would be full enough to get you through the night? I am excited to get to goal #2!! I am hoping by early next week I can make it! Do you want to do a 10 day challenge with me where we stick to our plans like glue? That will get us to the 20th!!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #93  

kfunk always glad to have you chime in!
Count me in on that challenge it is just what I need.
On the 20th I will be eating only that one meal. I actually feel best when I eat One Meal A Day. Some days it is not possible because of social obligations and my husband would freak out if knew I was only eating OMAD. He is warming up to IF himself and mentioned the other day his goal is to someday fast for 24 hours. Maybe soon I will let him know of my OMAD eating and tell him our doctor has approved of it.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #94  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Kfunk & Ubee You go gals! Challenges within challenges, bada$$!!

I made it to 220.0 today. OFFICIALLY 50lbs down!

(Only 85 to go, good grief...)

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 08-10-2017 at 11:45 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #95  

Ubee Your plan for the 20th sounds perfect!! My husband also would not be too happy with the idea of OMAD (or IF in general), but I think if he knew that my doctor approves of it, he would relax!

How did day 1 go? I counted yesterday so that the 10th day would be the 19th.

Breakfast: 1 piece of gluten free bread with PB and coffee with creamer (liberal amount)
Snack: boiled egg
Lunch: ground beef, lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese and sour cream and a diet coke
Snack: green grapes and a diet coke
Dinner: I had a migraine when I got home from work around 5, so I laid down and slept through the night.

I wish I would have set an alarm so that I could eat and do my workout, but it is what it is, today will be a better day!!

gulf CONGRATS on hitting -50 lbs. you are doing so AWESOME!!!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #96  

Congratulations gulf!

Kfunk resting when you have a migraine would take priority over eating and exercise in my world.
I did well yesterday and today I think. I ate out and had a cream soup and I am now wondering what was all in it. Will I have to pay for it on the scale? I am in that yucky mindset where I am starting to micromanage. Anyhow I am grateful for this challenge and everyones support.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #97  

ubee I wouldn't worry too much about the soup, and if you do see a difference on the scale it is likely a normal fluctuation! I hear you on the micromanaging mindset, it can really take over.

Today was a better day than yesterday!

Breakfast: piece of gluten free peanut butter toast and coffee with creamer
Snack: boiled egg
Lunch: ground beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, sour cream and a diet coke
Snack: fruit bar (this was really gross, but I was hungry and desperate, it was 110 calories)
Dinner: bag of steamed broccoli with spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese

I also completed my workout video.

I hope that your day finished well!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #98  

kfunk thank you for this challenge. The scale moved down for me on a Saturday! I still have two days to get through. I will keep this challenge front and center in my mind today.
I did not have a plan for today but seeing your lunch yesterday makes me think a nice Mexican style salad.
Did you really eat steamed broccoli with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan? That sounds like pregnant food.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #99  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Gulf! That's fantastic!
Ubee Yes. I do eat a lot of the same foods. I find the simpler I keep it, the easier. I do mix it up every now and again.
Kfunk it sounds like you are doing really well. Keep going!

Hello to everyone else and have a great weekend!!

Last edited by boopchick; 08-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #100  

boop thank you!!

ubee I am so happy the scale moved down for you today!!!! I love the taco salads, they are really good, I hope you enjoy!! 2 more days to go, we can do this!! LOL about the food combo... I actually got the idea from someone on this forum to mix the steamed veggies, pasta sauce and parm. cheese... it is really good!!! My 6 year old daughter really liked it as well! Also, do you like grapes?? I have been freezing green grapes and eating them, and they are awesome, it tastes like a treat!!!

Today: drink plenty of water, get my workout in, no eating off plan!!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #101  

Hi boopchick thanks and I hope you have a nice weekend also!

kfunk I did so well today! Thank you for this challenge!
Funny you brought up grapes as I have some in the fridge that I will put in the freezer. I have been avoiding them because I can eat too many so fast. I have frozen them before but forgot all about doing that.
I still don't know about that veggie, parm, & sauce mix. I like different things but...
What are your plans for tomorrow?

Last edited by Ubee; 08-12-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #102  

ubee yay!! Good job, I am glad that you had a great day!! Thank you as well for doing this challenge with me!!

We had a last minute BBQ with the neighbors, but all in all, I think that I did okay. I didn't have a glass of wine, or even a bite of a chip!

Breakfast: 1 piece of gluten free bread with PB and coffee with creamer
Lunch: ground beef, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream
Snack: frozen grapes
Dinner: grilled burger with cheese, no bun and a small piece of chicken and pepper off a kaboob. and diet coke

I got my workout in, which was huge for a Saturday!!

Tomorrow we are going to visit my husband's parents. Then my husband will get back to working on the bathroom and I have a ton of things to do around the house. I spent almost all day cleaning, and you wouldn't know it!!

What are your plans?
Old 08-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #103  

Good for you kfunk! It sounds like you are enjoying life and finding a balance with healthy eating.
Was your workout cleaning?
Those bathrooms sure take forever. Mine needs some work but I have other things that need tending to while the weather is nice.
Our 2 year old grandson spent the night. He loves to be outside so today will be spent watering plants by hand, picking blackberries, cucumbers, and kohlrabi. Then we are working on a new gardening shed which will be a lot of fun for me! After his nap we will take him home, light grocery shopping, and look for yard supplies on sale for next years projects. The backyard has been neglected forever and last year and this it is on our list.
I will be back later to let you know what the scale says today. It is in the room with a sleeping baby.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #104  

ubee how fun that your grandson spent the night!! Sounds like you guys are going to have fun in the garden today Next year we will be spending time landscaping, our yard looks pretty good from the previous owners, we have been here two years, but it could definitely use some sprucing up! We are going to be refinancing soon and that is why we are inside doing the bathroom now!

I did my 30 day shred video yesterday. I feel a bit more sore than normal so tonight might be extra challenging! My daughter had 2 friends spend the night last night, I made rice crispy bars for them and didn't even have a morsel! I went to bed feeling pretty good about myself!

I hope that the scale reflects your good work!!
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #105  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Hi darlings!

Ubee have a fabulous time in the garden!
Kfunk I hope the bathroom repairs go well.
Boop Thanks love, have a great weekend too

Celebrated a loss last week and couldn't be happier. But now all the more anxious to meet my next goal! Thank you for all the love and encouragement everyone Have a lovely weekend.

Independence Day Begin Weight: 234.2
Labor Day Goal Weight: 215 lbs
Labor Day End Weight:

7/04: 234.2
7/12: 232
7/16: 230
7/18: 228.6
7/23: 225.8
7/30: 223.6
8/06: 222.6
8/13: 218.4
8/22: