Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #121  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Kfunk & Ubee Fantastic work on the personal challenge l! WTG!!!

I keep saying I need to quit Diet Coke, and I do need to quit....I rely so heavily on it to keep me on track food wise. Have been substituting unsweetened black tea (iced or hot) and it seems to help. If there were a Diet Coke challenge to be had, I'd fail miserably

Go Boop go!
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #122  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Ubee I didn’t even realize I was at 20 pounds lost since the start of this challenge when I posted yesterday! I really needed to see that this morning because I have been bouncing around 227-228 for the past week. My brain knows that I cannot continually lose at the rate that I have been lately but emotionally it’s disappointing when it slows down. Right now I will be happy to see 226 on the scale!!

Gulfmagnolia I was the biggest diet coke drinker when I started this. I eventually got off it by switching to flavored seltzer & sparkling waters. I love my carbonation!

Ubee, Gulfmagnolia & Kfunk you are all doing great!!

I am thankful for this forum and all of your posts. It keeps me motivated and on track!!!!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

boopchick I find that with fasting I kind of stall out at certain weight ranges and then all of a sudden plow down to another stall. In the end it comes out the same as others losing steadily.

gulf there are a lot of really good teas out there to try. You can do it. I gave this advice to lemonthyme. Someday when you have some very quiet time sit down with a cold diet coke, no ice. Have all electronics shut off and give this your full attention. Drink the diet coke with your eyes closed tasting each and every swallow. I am willing to bet by the time you finish the whole drink you will not be such a big fan anymore.

kfunk how are you doing today?
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

gulf It is so hard to quit! I have wanted to for years and years and I finally feel ready! It has been 3 days since I have had one and its going well so far! Good job subbing out the diet coke for tea. How do you like that? This is a dumb question, but do you buy black tea from the refrigerated section of the grocery store, or do you make it hot and put it in the fridge to cool down?

I love sparkling water boop!! I drink like 3 or 4 cans a day!

ubee I didn't get to bed until past 10 last night because I was watching AGT and then still had to work out! I am working late tonight and then after the kids are tucked in I will do the workout and go to bed ASAP!! Yesterday was a really good day, and today is going really well too!

How is it going for you??
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #125  
Cupcake lover

Thanks for the suggestions darlings!

Kfunk I like to make my own tea so I know what's really in it. Iced Tea and Earl Grey are staples in my house

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 08-17-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #126  

gulf Thank you! What brand of iced tea do you like? I think this would be a good thing for me to incorporate to give myself a little flavor. I drink 1 thermos of coffee, 3-4 lacroix waters, and 100+ oz. of plain water per day. I am just in to day 4 with no diet coke! I wanted one soooo bad yesterday afternoon, but I fought the urge. I would like to cut down on the carbonated water because its expensive and can be hard on your enamel.

ubee hows it going?

Yesterday was good for me, ate on plan and got in my workout. In bed and sleeping by 10... need to get to bed earlier!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #127  

kfunk I am doing GREAT! This weekend is ending up to be busier then I had planned but I still plan on doing the best I can while still treating myself on Sunday.

Do you have weekend plans?
Old 08-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #128  

ubee That is awesome!! You will have to let us know how tomorrow ends up!

I have had a really good week so far. I have done my workouts Monday-Friday and I am getting ready to get it out of the way in a little bit. Food has been good, overall couldn't be better... dealing with some normal fluctuations on the scale, but I know it will go back down soon!

STILL working on the bathroom... it is ridiculous! I am really hoping that my husband will have it ready for me to start painting by the end of the weekend. I am going to work on organizing our guest room and getting our house in better shape.

I hope that you have a good time tomorrow!!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #129  

Thanks kfunk. I am hoping to be sensible while eating tomorrow. My hope is that since the scale has been moving down nicely I will feel more motivated to eat within reason.

I too am feeling the desire to get my house in order. I know for me weight loss and purging my house go hand in hand.

What color are you painting your bathroom? If you've already said I apologize for being forgetful.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #130  

ubee today is the day!! What time are you going? Just remember, even if you end up eating more than you planned, it is okay!! One instance of overeating is not going to harm you, the important part is getting right back on plan for the very next meal!

I am so glad that the scale has been going down nicely for you!!! I have been completely on plan this week (last Sunday wasn't great though) and the scale is up about 1.5 lbs from my lowest last week, and it will not go back down!! I am starting to get frustrated. I am going to have a GREAT day today though!!

I love purging, it feels sooooo good!! The paint is a greyish tone, but has hints of brown. Sometimes when the sunlight hits it, it almost has a green tone in it. I am a bit nervous how it will look in our bathroom because there are no windows. I love it for our bedroom though! I think that I will be able to start prepping to paint today. He has a bit more mudding by the lights and some more sanding, but I think its close for paint! He has shoulder surgery on the 28th and we have guests staying with us the 23-26 so time is running out!!
Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #131  
Cupcake lover

Kfunk I like Luzianne Iced tea and Twinings Earl Grey. Pretty basic, but so comforting and yummy.

Hi darlings! How is everyone? I'm celebrating the Eclipse on Monday along with a million people who have flocked to my area to see it. This includes a friend of mine who has been taking me out to dinner, but walking my *** off as well! Hopefully it evens out...Have a lovely weekend everyone

Independence Day Begin Weight: 234.2
Labor Day Goal Weight: 215 lbs
Labor Day End Weight:

7/04: 234.2
7/12: 232
7/16: 230
7/18: 228.6
7/23: 225.8
7/30: 223.6
8/06: 222.6
8/13: 218.4
8/20: 215.8
8/25:
9/04:
Old 08-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #132  

Whoa gulf you are .8 away from your goal!!! You are doing such an excellent job!

kfunk your paint sounds really cool how the color changes. You are having house guests? What kind of house guests? Will it be a challenge to stay on plan when they are there? As you may have guessed I am not big into house guests. I like my space.

Today was OK I ate more then planned but stopped when I was full, not stuffed. Will see what the scale says tomorrow and go from there. I did end up doing some yard work and was sweating like a ? so hopefully that will help.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #133  

gulf thank you for the tea suggestions! I bet that all that walking will offset your restaurant meal, have fun tomorrow!! You are doing such a great time!

ubee Good job not eating until you were stuffed!! I hope that the scale is kind to you tomorrow!! Drink tons of water tomorrow!

My brother and sister in law are coming in to town, and they will be staying with us 2 nights, possibly 3. This has the potential to get out of hand. We are going to the state fair on Thursday, enough said. Then there is the possibility of some wine, skipped workouts, and maybe a couple restaurant outings... sigh. I wish I wasn't stalling right now because it is possible that the loss from the beginning of the month will be wiped out after this.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #134  

I am down 3.2 this week. I did not gain any weight from my feast yesterday. I am still 7.6 from my original goal so won't be making it but I plan to get as close as I can.

kfunk thank you so much for helping me get to where I am today! You can do this. Dig deep and really want it. Thanks to your encouragement I ate so much less then I would have. Remember a stall is your body adjusting to a new low and it is usually followed by a whoosh if you just wait it out.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #135  

ubee 3.2 is amazing, well done!! I won't make mine either, but I am hoping that I can be smart and get through their visit with little gain!

You don't have to thank me, you did the same thing for me!! I am going to keep going strong and trust my body knows what it is doing! How did today go?