Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #16  
Operation Less Fluffy

Best of luck to everyone this month!!!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #17  
Riding, Sailing, Loving!

S/C/G: 213/209/174

Height: 5 ' 10"

I have just re-joined after 8 years. The scales used to be my friend- now they mock me!
Time to get exercising, drinking my water and watching my portions!
I have an ambitions goal- to be in One-der land by July 1 .
I also know that the first pounds are less 'sticky' than the last ones, so it's do-able.
Thanks for having me in this group!
Hope I can be inspired and do some inspiring in return.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #18  

Hi everyone...I just registered and read thru some goals....so happy to have found this group....been chopping away at 217.8 since April after a winter in French fry Florida....could hardly walk up the steps to the front door (blasted elevators). 44 inch waist soooo bad for the heart etc. Today is my start with you.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

and welcome back to Elabel12, ridinggirl and RunningRedHead. It's always a great day to have new folks move into the neighborhood. Best of luck to you as move steadily toward your goals.

ridinggirl: I think we own the same brand of mocking scale. I like your ambitious goal.

RunningRedHead, I love my as well. Lately, I've been indulging more than usual in beverages labeled as "coffee" but is more like cake in a cup. It's not a regular occurrence but more than I like and must stop now.

Vladadog, nice to see you! The journey continues! being six pounds down for May. That's a wonderful, steady loss!

Martine: It is a sad thing to see the scale creep up but in my opinion, nothing, nothing, changed the shape of my body more than when I was actively You'll thank yourself later.

Traveller: I love setting the treadmill at a steep incline as well! I'm working my way back to running and nothing seems to replicate the great running burn more than a steep inclined walk either outside on hills or on the

Gemini6, VickieLou and gulfmagnolia, PacificaBee, LauraRVA 42011 and DayDreamer 26 Good to see old friends knowing that we're in this together for another month

Bookmark: "Nothing to do but just start." Yup, you nailed it! Another month, another chance to get it right.

Happy Friday, friends!
Old 06-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #20  
in itinere

S/C/G: 242.3/241.2/138.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! It's been so long, I see all kinds of new faces. ^-^ I got really busy with end of term stuff and then I was on vacation—the vacation is the good news. The bad news is that vacation pastries helped me erase almost all of the (admittedly very small progress) I'd made during the term and am back up at 241.2 - just one pound lower than my starting weight. *eyeroll* Oh well! New chapter, *turns page*, etc.

I'm working on my thesis full-time over the summer, but now that I am done with coursework I can at least have a more normal-person schedule, so I'm trying to keep regular working hours and exercise in the morning before I head to lab. It requires a lot of self-discipline though, since no one is holding me to either the working hours or the exercise, so my schedule, like me, is a work in progress.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #21  
Andando...

Good to see all the old faces and the new ones!! Welcome!

Yesterday I manages to gain 0.9 lbs (for no reason, I was good I swear xD), thankfully today it's all gone! SO close to wonderland, 8.3 lbs!

Hope everyone has a good start this month!!

06/01: 210.1 [+0.9] Sigh...
06/02: 208.3 [-1.8]
06/03:
06/04:
06/05:
06/06:
06/07:
Old 06-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Thanks Martine! and Curvynotlumpy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfmagnolia View Post
Redhead welcome!!

Bookmark Let's be sluts at Halloween. Way more fun.

Happy June everyone!
Deal.

Starting Weight: 245
Goal Weight: 225

June 1: 245
June 2: 243
Old 06-03-2017, 06:29 AM   #23  
Gizmo

Welcome ridinggirl and Ellabel12 d much success on your journey.

Vivvian nice to see you again :hello:

DayDreamer26 we'll be counting down to Onederland with you!

These last few days on plan have been easy, getting back into the routine of cooking and meal planning. Last night I was craving junk food while we were catching up on the dvr but I talked myself out of it. I'm working all weekend, always a struggle to get enough water in when I'm at the frontline area all afternoon. Hope everyone will enjoy a great weekend!

01: 253:4
02: 254.2
03: 253.6
Old 06-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Just dropping by for a quick check in. We're having an end of the year BBQ for our transfer students today. My job was to prep lettuce and tomatoes for burgers. I love a good burger and since I don't have them often I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity. Later, I'll head to San Francisco with a friend/colleague and tomorrow morning we will run/walk in the SF Diva Run. I'm so glad I decided to do the 5K rather than the half marathon. I've done very little training but that's been the case with the 5K and 7K I did in February and March. Not saying it's smart , just saying I've been able to run those safely. We'll be able to cheer on another friend/colleague who is running the half.

Martine: Well done getting your food prep done! I hope you have a good day at work and that there are no surprises. First day since vacation, correct?

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday!
Old 06-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #25  
Andando...

Martine: Yay! On fighting those cravings!! I have been struggling with my water intake too, for the past few days. Need to work on that... Thanks for all the support <3

curvynotlumpy: Nice!!! That sounds like fun! Hope you enjoy yourself!

---

Bah! These ups and downs are messing with my head... 209 this morning. Maybe I am not drinking enough? Am I eating too late? Sigh... Seems like I am starting to stall and that makes my motivation plummet. I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary yesterday. Breakfast was 1.25 cups of milk (167) w/coffee. Lunch and Dinner were Quesadillas (289 ea) and Snacks ... Had 1 pouch of fruit snacks (80), 1 container of yogurt (90) w/ tbsp granola (26), 25 gr of pop chips (107) and 1 skinny cow ice cream (180). I even had 100 cals left over.

Not much going on today, I'll try to drink more and maybe finish with food a bit earlier?

I did go to the mall last night, since I had reached my first mini goal. I bought some merch I had been wanting for a couple of weeks. I might have stopped by JC Penney and gotten some clothes too. I got a pair of size 14 jeans that were on sale and a Large shirt. So I was pretty happy about that since I am currently wearing size 16 (1 SUPER baggy, 2 loose) and XL. The jeans are a tad tight, but not enough to give me a muffin top. I am not sure if they just have bigger sizes or if I am actually down a size, but pretty excited regardless.

06/01: 210.1 [+0.9] Sigh...
06/02: 208.3 [-1.8]
06/03: 209.0 [+0.7] What's with the ups and downs?!
06/04:
06/05:
06/06:
06/07:
Old 06-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Accountability has been one of my biggest issues in the past and this thread has been wonderful in helping with that aspect.

Vivvian- congratulations on making it through your term! I also found that most of my regain occurred throughout this last semester

Martine- great job with your planning! I think talking yourself out of junk-food cravings is definitely very important, although it's one of the hardest things for me to do (hooray for self-sabotage?). I also found the last few days to be easier than I expected, although I am trying to remain mindful of my plan and my goals this time around to prevent my usual lapses. I'm also working this weekend and I think it's actually helping me to be more organized with my diet (plan or go hungry). Although it's not doing much for my hydration goals

Curvynotlumpy- I hope you enjoyed your burger and good luck with your 5K!

DayDreamer26- I recently noticed that part of my problem is eating too late in the day. It really is amazing how much of an impact that can have on your progress. Congratulations on your NSV!!

SW: 290
GW: 280

5/31: 290.4
6/1: 288.5 (-1.9)
6/2: 288.5 (-/+ 0)
6/3: 287.4 (-1.1)
Old 06-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #27  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy love burgers (veggie) too! We have them once a month, it's like a treat for me. Enjoy the 5K today and have a great run.

DayDreamer26 fitting into new clothes and lower sizes is such a sign of success, don't think about the scale right now. Feel good in those new pieces you bought, I bet you look great in them!

RunningRedHeaded I too work on mindful eating to help keep me on track. 3 pounds down already, looks like it's working for you.

I was so tired after work yesterday that I fell asleep at about 7:30 while trying to watch Aliens. I'm working again today, hoping for an easier day as my tendon was really bothering by mid-afternoon yesterday. Hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend.

01: 253:4
02: 254.2
03: 253.6
04: 253.0
Old 06-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #28  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Daydreamer new clothes! Hooray! The best feeling, congrats

Curvy how was your burger? I'm dreaming of a cheeseburger in paradise...

Hi Viv Ridinggirl Ellabel!

vladadog Onederland is so close! You got this

I lost weight a few years back after hitting my absolute highest weight EVER at 240.2, only to surpass it by 30 more pounds. Working hard and so close to my old all-time high. Trying to stay motivated and on track.....BUT this week I am making a trip to my hometown in Louisiana (quite against my will.) It still bewilders me how I managed to get fat living everywhere else and not there! Will do my best to rein it in but I predict a gain coming on. Crawfish Étouffée anyone?

May 31st = 244.8
June 4 = 241.6
June 11 =
June 18 =
June 25 =
June 30 =

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 06-04-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #29  
Riding, Sailing, Loving!

S/C/G: 213/209/174

Height: 5 ' 10"

Hi everyone! Heading home from the trailer, where I took in lots of hiking, walking, and kayaking. Hopefully that was enough to at least neutralize last night's bbq supper!

Daydreamer- new clothes are always great! I've stopped looking at sizes and looking at how they fit me. My summer jeans went on a bit tight this morning... so I took them on a long walk. Next weekend will be better.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi all! These last few nights at work (I work overnights usually only friday and saturday night, but this week was thursday-sunday) I've actually done better than usual with meeting my water intake. Friday night wasn't so great- only drank 6 cups, but the other nights I met my goal of 8+ cups. Though, the +0.5 today is probably from a lack of will power yesterday eating a pastry from a local Italian bakery.. although I'm going to call it indulging in moderation
Have a good night everyone!

SW: 290
GW: 280

5/31: 290.4
6/1: 288.5 (-1.9)
6/2: 288.5 (-/+ 0)
6/3: 287.4 (-1.1)
6/4: 287.9 (+0.5)
Closed Thread