Old 08-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Boop: try them on! I noticed my skinnies that were snug over winter in the calves I have just a tad more room you may surprise yourself w what you find! I discovered it looks like I have more space between my toes. Hey I'll take weightloss wherever.

Gemini: good going on your scale. Getting close to wonederland must feel nice!

AM: I'm pushing water today. It dawned on me when I finally sat after canning I hadn't had much to drink since breakfast. So today I'll aim myself w my water and see how that helps. And I'm hopeful maybe I can trek to the gym for my big 16 minute ride and see how I do. I'd love to get on the scale tomorrow and it give me a new lower number. Sure I've been there and done these numbers last summer as well but my goal is to actually get I got the 220s and continue to work my way down.

Small steps - we'll all get there. Just know I will be asking for more support come fall, I tend to sleep longer, exercise less and eat more - do I sound like a bear readying for hibernation? Yes. So when I feel like I'm wobbling off this journey of loss or finding it hard I hope you'll cheer me on to stay on track. Thank you for keeping me going thus far as it's a big help!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

just a quick check in... I am very moody today. And weight 228. WTH!!! I need to lose the weight and get out of this Gosh darn mood.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:38 PM   #213  

Davis: you'll get there - maybe over the long weekend we'll all get wise to moving the weight off. Sometimes the end of summer does this to us before the winter flies we enjoy those last free moments and that includes food.

AM: got the kids entered into school what a huge production especially when it's all elementary. Holy cow! You never think it'll be that way but in the end it is just crazy. Good thing I had DH go with me. To move through all the meetings and sign ups I'd love to say I lost 5 lbs in the craziness.

Tomorrow is a new day. Maybe we can all report great scale readings. I know I've been pushing water and will have my green tea here shortly. Not sure if it is really doing something or nothing. But if my scale moves down tomorrow, I'll be happy!

Off to decompress from school craziness. Enjoy your evenings. If I'm doing well tomorrow morn I'll go move.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:02 AM   #214  

I'll join in the scale disappointment 239.8. WTH?! You know I read in here all the women that have wooshes after TOM. I most certainly do not ever. I maintain this nonsense thereafter. So I will just have to work harder I guess. I'd love to be one who weight just doesn't stick too, however judging that I'm still here, I'm not that type.

So pull up the big girl pants and get on with it. The good news is I'm not 240. So here I go to fight the day. Maybe tomorrow will look good.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

lemonthyme thanks for the recipe. I will give it a try if my tomatoes ever ripen. Ah the first day of school, what an expense and what a chore. I am so grateful those days are behind me.
I am with you 100% that at least I am under 240. That number is a huge barrier for me. No hibernating for us. We will all work through the winter months to come out from under our winter coats and show everyone the slimmer butterfly we have become. That is one goal that keeps me going that when the bulky clothes come off and I am no longer so bulky in body size either.
Davisag take a deep breath and allow yourself to work through what is making you moody. If it is hormones carry on. I have no advice for that one. You can do this.
Gemini6 excited burns calories. Go for it!
boopchick you are getting close! No jinx I promise.
My scale is moving back down. About a pound yet to go until I am at my recent lowest.
I am really anxious in a good way to get below 235.

Last edited by Ubee; 08-30-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #216  

Ok anyone else have this? TOM done was doing fine and then huge chocolate craving today. Argh! This usually happens 2-3 days before start. I CAN'T WIN! Well, I guess I have to keep on trying. But it would be nice never to have strong cravings.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #217  

Ugh 239 sitting and holding. I will guess it's because I was over my calories yesterday. Some days though sticking at 1285 calories is a bit teidious. Of course I did not exercise unless you count cleaning the house and laundry; which one can I suppose l, but I did not. I wish I found this all easier to do. Today I feel it's a huge mountain in front of me.

QOD: What's one thing you each do to make one good change when you feel daunted?

I hope today to make drinking water my priority and start earlier doing such. Maybe that will help w/ wanting more food when I shouldn't. I like all your thoughts on immerging from the winter cocoons next spring. I do hope that happens for me, my app says I can hit my goal by June. That sounds so far away especially when the scale doesn't move. I'm doing something wrong and I'll need to figure out what to do to get it to move.

Have a good day! The week is almost done, let's hope a good weekend abounds for everyone and their scales.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #218  

Gemini: thanks for the ideas. Some days I feel like I fall of the wagon and my thoughts with it. I know I shouldn't keep looking at predictions (kind of like astrology!) of where I could be and just focus on the now. I also know I need to move if I want the scale to move too and I have been lax. I also am stuck in the food rut of sameo items. So maybe I should make my newest challenge to be coming up w some new recipes that please the palate and confines of calories.

AM: That said - I currently have a plethora of zukes - my MIL keeps dropping them off here. I should make use of them in a different manner. Any ideas?

I aim to do as well as I can today. No more wallowing in my weight thoughts - time to shake that off and just deal with it. I hope by the end of my day to report good things!
Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #219  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!!

I am at 220 this morning. After expecting the numbers to go back up after camping, this is a pleasant surprise that I am very grateful for.

lemomthyme I think coming up with new recipes is a great idea! Please share if you come across anything tasty

gemini you made a great point! The benefits of eating better are not just on the scale. I feel so much better in general and I know my joints, bones, organs, etc. are thanking me.

ubee Yay for downward scale movement! I know I am close to the next "decade" but I will definitely be sticking around. You are all a big reason for my success!!

davisag hope your feeling better.
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:45 PM   #220  

Boop: new recipe tried! I did zucchini boats. You half them and remove seeds. Set aside. Recipe called for ground chicken but I did pulled breasts, made a quick red sauce mixed those together. Loaded that in the boats, topped w a few string cheese threads and baked for 35 mins. Delish! Even DH liked it and he loathes most vegetables. So a keeper from a search today and it used up the first bag of zukes.

Hello all! I pushed water today (99oz) and had watermelon for dessert so hoping that will help me out tomorrow. Oh I'd love to break through that pesky 239. Well, w/ good intentions I will go to bed without eating more and say I came in under calories today. Not by much but much better then the other few days.

Did anyone else try a new recipe?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #221  

Watermelon works for me! Or at least that's what I'll liken the loss with help from. I glad to finally have moved from 239. Sometimes day in and out when you hop on the scale and just bounces back to the same number - you wonder what you are doing wrong and you wonder if your scale is on the fritz.

So I will try to keep on task - this helps make it feel a bit more doable when there is some movement. I know it didn't go on in a days time and it won't come off that easily either. Thanks for cheering me on to continue with this journey. I hope I can do the same for you!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #222  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

220.2 this morning.

lemonthyme the zucchini boats sound yummy! I have a recipe for cauliflower hash browns that I've been meaning to try. Maybe this weekend. Happy the numbers on the scale moved down this morning for you. I know how frustrating it feels when it seems stuck on the same number.

We can ARE doing this!!!!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #223  

Boop: yeah for you! 220 sounds fantastic right now. Keep up the good work!

AM: First day of school for my eldest. Kind of dumb for a Friday long weekend start. But my kid is fed, lunch made and ready to send out the door. The other goes Tuesday and then I'll have a bit of free time in he mornings to slow my mind and maybe peruse for other new recipes.

Do any of you have a go to food that you know will aid in loss? I have found corn is not my friend on a weightloss journey - watermelon helps more than other fruits for me. Meats tend to make me stay steady weight wise. I don't know if anyone else sees something like this in their food choices and their bodies.

I'm in need to gab today but limited to who I can. Sorry for my many postings. It also helps me from mindless eating when in those moments it can be easy to do. If I'm typing I can't be filling my mouth.

Happy long weekend all! Hopefully some of y'all be around in case any of us have hard moments especially if celebrating the end of summer (sadly - I am not ready for cold! It was 43 overnight here).
Old 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Have a great weekend everyone!
Family needs lots of time this weekend so I will be thinking of you but may not be posting.
Back to having some me time on Tuesday. (Fingers crossed)
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #225  

Boop: You are looking good - keep up the work! That's quite a nice accomplishment and I am late to the party - what is your method for loss? I can't recall so I apologize for asking. What has made it easier for you to loose?

Ubee: Enjoy the family! That's important too, get out there and enjoy the weather as well. I have been waking up to temps in the 40s. Windows are still open and running around in shorts. Funny how that happens.

Gemini: Why so low on the calories or are you doing IF? I don't know if that is something I can try successfully. I know in general when I have to fast for bloodwork and how I am thereafter . . . For now I best stick w/the calorie counting! Hopefully you didn't do too badly w/your return to calories.

Hello all!

morning. Went up .4 lbs, but that's what happens when your husband brings home a pizza for dinner. Try as good as you do - my aim is to be at 236 come Monday. What a better way to celebrate a long weekend? Actually it may be bit of a challenge as I am to join the ILS for meals sunday and monday. And though they mean well, it can be a challenge to find a non-fattening food in the bunch. I hope there is a lot of fresh as they have the big garden - but they tend to over fry, doctor up w/creams etc. However my MIL is trying to lose weight before this trip as well. So maybe, just maybe. . . I can always bring my own salad and eat that too.

Need to get in and go move this weekend as well. I have been behind on that portion of my days. Funny the things we set aside to get other things done. I need to get better with that.

Do any of you also weigh daily? I find that helps me a bit more to stay on task. I just hope the loss continues. I CAN DO THIS - WE ALL CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-02-2017 at 06:52 AM.