Old 07-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #331  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 286.8/198.8/150ish

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, thanks for the kind words. New month, new chance at getting it right. I'm up from the other day, and I know why. So, no excuses. I just need to focus and move forward. I need to get out and do some walking. I have a sedentary job, and I find myself eating at my desk. I need to stop that. Joyful, great job resisting the cup cakes at work. I had one yesterday along with some cheese and crackers. It was my bosses birthday. RunningRedHead, we are all in this together. we just need to move forward. Oh, Joyful, myfitnessal has be at about the same calorie count as you.
imthegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #332  
slow and steady is ok

S/C/G: 318.6/279.2/190

imthegoddess, isn't wonderful that we can always start over on this journey. A day or even longer of making weak choices doesn't mean we are doomed. Thank goodness for that. I also have a sedentary job and find I get as few as 2500 steps in a day if I don't make it a point to get up and move. 2 changes that II have added recently is I am drinking water every day, although I need to get to the point of drinking 8 glasses a day, and I walk at least 5000 steps a day. It is not a lot compared to others, but it is double what I was doing. I try yo make sure I do 1000 steps every 2 hours while I am at work. That makes it manageable.

I have an upper respiratory infection going on right now. Unfortunately I always want comfort food when I am sick, but so far I have been able to make good choices and have stayed under my calorie goal. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and based on my food choices and number of steps I believe I will show a loss. I will keep you posted.
Joyful in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #333  
One day at a time

I work in an older part of town, and until recently, I worked in two of the oldest buildings on our campus. So, I don't necessarily trust the old pipes. They have water filters on all the sinks and the water fountains, but still. Anyway, I have a smaller Brita pitcher I keep filled and I refill my water bottle from it often. Maybe something like that would help you get more water in each day. I like your idea of getting 1000 steps per every two hours at work. Maybe I can check and see how far that would be for me to take breaks and try to get those steps in too. I'm going to start trying to master the steps in my building. I am now in the tallest building on the 7th floor. There is no way I can climb 7 flights, but I could do 3. I'll try to build up one more flight each week or two until I can do all seven. This will be a big accomplishment for me if I succeed, since I would take the elevator up to flights before.

I hope the respiratory problem clears up soon. Those can get bad, so make sure you take care of yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful in Missouri View Post
imthegoddess, isn't wonderful that we can always start over on this journey. A day or even longer of making weak choices doesn't mean we are doomed. Thank goodness for that. I also have a sedentary job and find I get as few as 2500 steps in a day if I don't make it a point to get up and move. 2 changes that II have added recently is I am drinking water every day, although I need to get to the point of drinking 8 glasses a day, and I walk at least 5000 steps a day. It is not a lot compared to others, but it is double what I was doing. I try yo make sure I do 1000 steps every 2 hours while I am at work. That makes it manageable.

I have an upper respiratory infection going on right now. Unfortunately I always want comfort food when I am sick, but so far I have been able to make good choices and have stayed under my calorie goal. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and based on my food choices and number of steps I believe I will show a loss. I will keep you posted.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Sorry for the delayed replies, the past two days were my first days on a morning/day schedule and I’ve been recovering lol

Joyful: Your 4th of July menu sounds wonderful. (Mmmmmm, watermelon .) I hope you’re feeling better, URI’s are no fun and I agree with you about the comfort food aspect. They also always make me want to hibernate until they go away

Imthegoddess: I’m in the same boat in being up over the last couple of days, and I also know why. Moving forward sounds great, onward and downward!

I’ve been weighing in daily for the last month and it worked out well in the first two weeks when I had my big drops, but now it’s fluctuating within a pound to a pound-and-a-half and I think it’s starting to psych me out; with that being said, I think I am going to switch to weighing in weekly from now on. We’re having a pool installed today and I plan to utilize that for swimming laps on the days that it’s too hot to drag the pup on a walk, and I am also starting C25K today (goal of running every M/W/F in the month of July).

Hope you both are doing well and that you have a great day!
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #335  
One day at a time

RunningRedHead, you're getting a pool? How fabulous. Have fun swimming laps. Joyful, how's it going? Are you doing better? URI? I'm hanging in there, making headway. Happy 4th of July!

Last edited by imthegoddess; 07-04-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #336  
One day at a time

Hi, just a quick check in before I get ready to go to work. How's everyone doing?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #337  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I hit 269 today! Woo hoo!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #338  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyMeWannabe View Post
Congratulations!

I had two days a tiny bit under 270, then two days above. I hope tomorrow shows some movement in the right direction. It's quiet around here.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #339  

Imthegoddess: It’s been a busy few days. The pool is installed and good to go. Great alternative to walking in 90+ degree heat and humidity You’re so close to the next decade, you can do it! Hope all is well.

HealthyMeWannabe: Congratulations! Way to go

I didn’t weigh in yesterday but today I’m hanging out right at the 280 mark, consistent with the last week or so. Shark week also started today so I think I've got a bit of bloating/water retention to go along with it. Hoping for a drop when it settles down a bit.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #340  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyMeWannabe View Post
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
Imthegoddess: It’s been a busy few days. The pool is installed and good to go. Great alternative to walking in 90+ degree heat and humidity You’re so close to the next decade, you can do it! Hope all is well.

HealthyMeWannabe: Congratulations! Way to go

I didn’t weigh in yesterday but today I’m hanging out right at the 280 mark, consistent with the last week or so. Shark week also started today so I think I've got a bit of bloating/water retention to go along with it. Hoping for a drop when it settles down a bit.
You'll see that drop. I'm hoping to see one too.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #341  
One day at a time

I'm back in the 260s again, slightly. Let's see if I can stay there constantly for the next few days before I go to that thread. How's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #342  

imthegoddess: yay!! way to go! I’m still having a bit of a tough time getting into a daytime routine for my days off so I think I'm going to try and jumpstart weightloss by switching to meal replacements twice a day and one meal with veggies and lean protein. I’m also going to start weighing in once a week- the day-to-day fluctuating is definitely psyching me out.

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 07-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #343  
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRedHead View Post
imthegoddess: yay!! way to go! I’m still having a bit of a tough time getting into a daytime routine for my days off so I think I'm going to try and jumpstart weightloss by switching to meal replacements twice a day and one meal with veggies and lean protein. I’m also going to start weighing in once a week- the day-to-day fluctuating is definitely psyching me out.
You can do it. What definitely helps me it logging my food into myfitnesspal.com It keeps me on track.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #344  
One day at a time

Hi, well I'm still in the 260s. I should be moving to that thread, but there seems to be no one over there. You guys hurry up and come join me. I'll keep checking in in the meantime.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #345  

imthegoddess: I love MFP and my Fitbit I am still tracking every day (45 days in a row today!!) but I feel like I've hit a wall (mostly a mental block). Way to stay in the 260's! You got this! I'm hoping to be there by Labor Day