Old 12-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #196  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Smile

Hi Rose! And, anyone else who is joining us!

I'm so glad you checked back in! It is hard to jump in with such an established site. And, maybe all of the 270-280 people have graduated! LOL

I'm doing well, I weighed 280 this morning and nearly fell off the scale, I was so happy! I believe the day before was 283, I didn't pay much attention. I started the Carbohydrate Addict Diet about a week ago. I couldn't quite get to the carb-free (or near it) breakfast and lunch until about 4 days ago. I discovered yesterday, that all my cravings and constant hunger are gone! Oh my gosh, I haven't had that feeling in years, or ever, who knows.

Are you familiar with CAD? They want you to be almost carb-free for breakfast and lunch, but, you can have a reward meal for supper and eat what you want, but you have to eat it within an hour. This is supposed to keep your body from producing excess insulin, which causes hunger. But, only to people who have problems with carbs. If this works for me, I will be so happy!

Yes, you are so close to the 270s, you will definitely be there by the New Year! I can't remember what I weighed last year, probably in the 270s as well. (I could rant on, but I don't want to scare you away!) LOL

What are you doing to lose weight?

Jodi
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

Hi Jodi!

I've never done the CAD diet but I have done Atkins a few times in the past (15 years ago). I am currently doing wonderslim and I love it. It is very similar to medifast which I did in the past and lost a lot of weight. I regained the weight due to an injury. I am doing wonderslim now instead of medifast because the food tastes a lot better. On these diets I found that I can lose weight as long as my carbs are around 100 or less a day.

I'm glad that your cravings are gone. That is a good feeling. Its much easier to stay on a plan if you aren't hungry.
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #198  
Jodi

Hi Rose!

I've never heard of wonderslim, I'm going to look that up. I remember hearing about Medifast, wasn't that a liquid diet? I'll look that up, too. I couldn't do those meal replacement shakes, I need to eat food.
I found a no-crust quiche I'm going to make tomorrow for working over the weekend. (I tried to post the link, but I don't have enough posts.) I'm an on-call hospice nurse, and finding ways to eat when I never know what the weekend will bring is my challenge. And, eating a salad at a restaurant is not an option. I am usually driving from one patient to another from morning until midnight sometimes.
I've never made a quiche before, but the reviews were so good, how could I not try it?
Old 12-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #199  

Jodi: I understand what you mean by needing to eat food but the funny thing about medifast and wonderslim is that they made me appreciate food more. And after getting off the diet, it totally changed the way I think about food. I don't think it is for everyone but the best part about the diet is how easy and portable it is and it actually made me love cooking again since it is really hard to meet the nutritional requirements of your one "real" meal a day without cooking. Wonderslim is cheaper than medifast and tastes better but medifast has a lot more support. You basically eat 4 to 6 of their meals a day (depending on the plan you pick) and then one lean and green meal that you cook yourself. So a lean meat along with vegetables. Wonderslim allows you to also add fruit and a starch to one of their meal plans. Medifast doesn't allow that at all. Both plans have meals that consist of bars, shakes, soups, pasta, oatmeal, brownies,cookies, pretzels, cereal, pancakes,eggs and maybe even more that I am forgetting to mention.

I love the fact that I only have to worry about one meal a day. That makes it pretty easy. In the beginning, I bought a lot of different foods in the plan in order to try lots of things to find the stuff I like to eat. I think variety makes it easier but some people like to eat the same things over and over. But like I said, I know it isn't for everyone. It just works for me! And I feel really good while doing it.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #200  
Jodi

Hi Rose!

That sounds like a great plan! It would be nice to only figure out what to cook one meal a day, and I do like that your food is portable.
My job, I'm on-call every other weekend from Friday evening to Monday morning and I can get called out at any hour of the day to see patients. I was concerned about staying on my plan, but today, I was able to make myself eggs with left over pork chops and took a couple of pork chops with cream cheese and celery and a jalapeno cheese stick for lunch. It worked out perfectly, I just got home and ate beef stew my hubby made with three cookies!

We shall see what the scale says tomorrow! LOL

How often do you weigh? I'm doing a 5lb challenge with a couple of other ladies on the low carb or Atkins thread. Well the first day, I gained a pound, then 0.4 pounds, the next day, oops. But, I know it was sodium from all the soy sauce I like to put on my food. So, today,I was back at my baseline of 280.0. Hope to see it move tomorrow in the right direction!

Take care,
Jodi
Old 12-19-2015, 11:30 PM   #201  

Hi Jodi and anyone else who wants to join in

I usually weigh daily. The only time I don't is when I eat something off plan so then I eat perfectly for a few days before I step on the scale. I hope you see it drop soon. I am expecting a big drop tomorrow because I've been sitting at the same number for a few days and today I've been perfect with my diet and exercise (lots of grocery shopping and cooking).

Its funny that you mention beef stew because I was thinking about making that today in my crockpot. I was looking up alternatives to potatoes and I saw that I lot of low carb people use turnips. I think I am going to make beef stew next week with turnips instead of potatoes. Tonight I just made a chicken soup with my homemade chicken broth, lots of chicken and vegetables. That is what I will eat for my main meal for the next few days. I cook twice a week.

Is your husband doing low carb also?
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #202  

Today I am down another pound and I am happy with it. I'm getting closer to my goal of at least 279 by the new year. How is everyone else doing?
Old 12-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #203  
Jodi

Hi Rose, and all!

I didn't get to finish replying yesterday. WOO HOO getting closer to your goal!! I'm down to 278.8 today. So happy! And, happy that I'm not constantly hungry! Just hungry at meals then, none till the next meal. Nice feeling!

My hubby had the gastric sleeve done in January. He lost a lot of weight and now, the only thing he craves and eats all day is pretzels and cookies! So, he's gained a lot back, very sad for him.
Do you have anyone dieting with you? I think that makes it easier when you do, don't you think?

Funny about your weighing! I used to do that in the past. Know that I didn't do well on a day and make up for it later, but not weigh until I know I'm back to where I was! LOL I am just in the habit of daily weights. There is a program called ScaleDown, they send you a scale and you weigh every day, then they send you a text to tell you how you are doing with diet tips. Every Sunday, they send you an e-mail to show you your progress. It's $20 every three months. I don't do their tips, but, I just like the rest of the features.

Keep up the great work! And anyone else interested in joining us getting out of the 280s and 270s, jump on in the conversation! We're in this together!

Take care,
Jodi
Old 12-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #204  
Jodi

So excited, new LOW! 277.8 It looks beautiful!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #205  

Great job Jodi! I live alone so I don't have anyone here dieting with me which I am happy about. I have friends who are trying to diet and have such a hard time avoiding temptation when their spouse is eating poorly. I don't have any friends who live with someone who is also willing to eat on a diet plan. I like to rely on my own motivation and I find that I often can't find people as motivated as I am in real life. I do find motivated people on these boards which is why I like to come here. I have never done well when dieting with a friend because they have always had less motivation than I have. So I talk to my friends about what I am doing but I always do it alone. Same with exercise. The idea of exercising with friends is nice but I have never been able to rely on anyone else so now I just do it alone.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #206  
Jodi

Thanks, Rose!
My hubby is a carnivore! He doesn't like veggies at all, the only green thing he will eat is green beans. So, over the years, I just stopped making veggies and had all of the fattening everything else. My kids will eat a salad and a "little" more variety than him, but not much. So, I've never had anyone to diet with, either.
I do love these boards as well, it makes you feel like your not alone. I am the biggest person of all the people I know. I would love not to look like the biggest person in the room! At least not ALL the time.
I have not started back exercising. I am moving more, and I will march in place when I am standing waiting on something, or have a little energy to burn, I do not like sitting still. Are you doing anything special for exercising?

Have a great day!
Jodi
Old 12-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #207  

Jodi: I'm not really exercising yet. I take my dogs on a short walk once a day and I am trying to walk on my treadmill a few days a week. I haven't been consistent with it yet. I am still recovering from an injury and it is very uncomfortable for me to walk so I avoid it but I need to do more. In the past I walked a lot and walked in a lot of 5K's. I really want to get back to that again. I also have an elliptical that I sometimes use
Old 12-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #208  
Jodi

Hi Rose (and all, feel free to jump in)!
I have always wanted to do a 5K! Maybe I will look at that as a goal for next year. Years ago I wanted to do a half marathon. Yes, that is not very smart to just skip the 5Ks and go for the 13.1 miles! I injured my knee just walking. Pretty sad. I do love to walk, but, again, dislike being the largest person around. I need to get over that and get moving!
I'm up a pound, prolly all the sodium, I'm a salt junkie. I'm trying to get better, but, I love salt. I'll bump up the water today.
Have a great day!
Jodi
(Today's my birthday, now, I'll put my age by my height. I say it is my 25th anniversary of my 21st birthday!) LOL
Old 12-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #209  

Happy Birthday Jodi!

3 years ago when I first lost 80 pounds on medifast, I joined a meetup walking group for chubby chicks and started walking once a week. We walked in a circle around a park and the loop was 0.8 miles long which is perfect for beginners. We would start the walk together and walk in a circle past our cars and when anyone was tired they could just stop. That is how I started. Eventually I started doing 5k's and then I decided to do a half marathon. I looked up one of those training programs for runners but I walked instead and in 12 weeks went from only walking 4 miles all the way up to 10 miles which was the longest distance that I walked before I did the half marathon. I had to do most of the training by myself because none of the women I walked with wanted to do more than 4 miles. However I did have a friend do the half marathon with me. She did it without doing any training at all. Two years after all that I got injured. It had nothing to do with the walking. Now I hope to get back to that point again.

I'm much more of a sweet person than a salt person. I'm not sure which is worse. I hope the extra water helps your weight.

Last edited by rosestara; 12-23-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #210  
Jodi

That is so cool that you lost 80, worked your way up to walking a 5K AND a half marathon!!! I'm impressed! I will start walking again, I just don't know when, right now, my feet are screaming bc I have been standing on them most of the night seeing patients. I'm going to take a nap because I'm on again tonight. I really enjoyed hearing about your experience! Maybe we can have a goal of a 5K around the same time together and share experiences. I really don't anticipate doing a 1/2 marathon, I really hurt my knee that time and it is just not worth it to me for a beg set back like that again.

Sorry, I'm rambling, sleep deprived.
Have a great day!
Jodi