Old 10-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #16  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, so another super quick check in just because I cannot write one more word on proper use of logistics management systems without screaming so I might as well come here and check in rather than run wailing into the general office.

Anyhow, so I didn't yet start C25K as planned this morning because it was cats and dogs with thunder and lightening outside AND I was watching makeup tutorials on YouTube till 4 in the morning. That said, I did eventually drag my miserable self out of bed and do a 30-minute workout video so there is that. High 5 to self. I'm also pretty much on plan so far for the day even if I'm wayyy munchier than usual-which is probably a function of the exercise and yesterday's fast day.

uber: I finished C25K the first time in the 240s and it was a miserable slog. On the bright side, I lost a lot of weight doing it and as I lost weight the runs became wayyyyyy easier! So as long as your knees aren't complaining... it might be worth a look in.

Laurie: Yay new clothes!!! You're putting in the graft, you deserve the positive reinforcement of looking good to yourself in the mirror. Your running pace and distance has increased so much from weeks ago. That gives me hopes that I can be back at my personal best and hopefully beyond in the not to distant future.

Slashni: Welcome back from the vacay and well done on jumping right back into things with being on plan. Being the queen of the 10 lbs gained in 10 days vacations, I don't think being up a few pounds is anything to worry about especially since you're back in the swing of things already.

garnet: Yay on finding internal equilibrium with the J situation. I'm also very pro giving up the second job. It seemed like a lot and I think money is important but never more so than your health and sanity. Besides, if you run yourself down, how'll you manage with either job anyway. I hope Verizon works out beyond your imaginations and you find time for running and baking and every avenue you want to pursue.

MissLoud: I'm still struggling with the day after fast days where I'm a munchy beast. I don't find the fasts themselves that difficult but the days after.... EEK! Does it get better with time? How long have you been 5:2ing?

FeraFilia: TOM is a real bad hooker to the plan! But yay on sticking to plan. Do you 16:8 everyday? I 16:8 on fast days only, the rest of the week I'm all over morning meals. I tend to do 4pm to midnight as my eating window but 2pm-10pm seems wayyy more reasonable. It's hard making it all day till 4pm without eating. I think 20 lbs by the end of the year is an awesome objective. I'm going to steal a page out of your book and say I want to be under 170 lbs by the end of the year. I find setting goals helpful too.

Anyway, I really have to go now. Hi Lotus and Caliyah. For me, it's back to churning out "engaging and entertaining" training video scripts, because yes, the world will be dazzled by their knowledge of how to effectively use logistics management systems or else! Bye guys.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-21-2014 at 10:23 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! Hope you all had wonderful weekends! My husband was home for an unexpected 3 day again! I am hanging in there.....I think I am going to have to reign in my cheat day. I noticed the last 2 have went from one meal to kind of an all day pick fest. These days for me are not suppose to be a free for all and I have gotten really lazy about it and it just scares me that I will fall back into bad habits!

I have realized this time losing weight is REALLY hard. Not in the sense of counting calories and fitting in working out. But all the work I put in does not produce the amount of weight loss in previous times. I am really trying not to focus on the number. But my point is I do not want to go back to where I was EVER.
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #18  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon all!

Guess who's back at their (this round) low... and wearing a pair of jeans that have been collecting dust for 3+ years? THIS GIRL!

Take THAT, TOM!

Having pork chops stuffed with spinach, onions, and pepper-jack cheese tonight... One of my favorite dinners. I'm thinking a salad and some lima beans to go with. Haven't had limas in a while.

Toasted - Yes, I do 16:8 every day, 2-10pm, minus coffee (sans cream) and water, outside of that window. It's almost been my natural way of eating for a LONG time. I've never really been a morning eater unless it was forced on me under threat of punishment from a mom who thought her teen daughter was starving herself (ha! she wasn't aware of my stash in my room). I attempted 5:2 once, but I would almost always have the temptation to binge the day after the fast day. I'd feel like I needed to shovel food in my face. I can always tell when I haven't eaten enough the day before (outside of being sick), because I'm ravenous. 16:8 seems to keep the hunger monster at bay the best, and allow me to have the big, satisfying meal in the evening that I prefer, without limiting myself to plain chicken breast or fish and a pile of broccoli next to it. Not that that's bad, I just prefer some cheese on my broccoli and my chicken cooked in a little butter with some sauce or seasoning.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 10-21-2014 at 12:40 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Toasted I'm trying to remember my weight when I did C25K last time, but I think I was no higher than 230. On the other hand, It's kind of astonishing HOW out of shape I was last time around. I think I had already been lap swimming for 6 months and dropped 60+ pounds, and I still found it impossible... but I did eventually get up to 4.5 miles... but by then I was in the 180s-190s. I think I'm going to alternate walking outside and see how I do with C25K on the treadmill. I do remember from last time around that nothing really shrunk me like running did.

Laurie maintenance breaks are a completely sane approach, and if you want to hit 190 before you do it, then, hopefully you'll sail through your current decade! In the meantime, YAY to rocking a size 12 blazer!

Mandy Glad that you had an on plan day! I like your idea of adjusting your goal, and WOOT on the new low!

Jenni Boy do I know what you mean about HARD. I have the same exact issue. Last time, I lost soooooooooooo slowly once below a BMI of about 32 and I killed myself keeping calories strict and working out A LOT. This time, I'm trying to balance it and not work so hard that I get burnt out, but the flip side is that the progress is REALLY slow which makes me get frustrated, and I think plays into my frequent trips off plan. We slow losers just have to be patient, and (especially for me) avoid comparisons.

Jessica, Diane, MissLoud, and Lotus Hope you are all having a good day!

So, I'm just waiting for lunch today-- I'm really hungry. I've noticed that my late afternoon exercise is making me wake up with more of an appetite.

Scale 249 today, so I'm hovering just above my pre-binge weight. I am feeling pretty good, and like I've hopefully conquered my off-plan problems. My current goal is to try strict control until I see the scale move a little bit. My next mini-goal, 240.8 will make me shedding half of the regain. I REALLY want to get there. Knowing that I'm halfway back to a place where I felt terrific will really be motivating.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #20  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Body pump was good today. I had shaky, shaky legs and I was sweating like a beast, but I expected abnormal soreness today and so far, it isn't happening. I might feel some tomorrow, but I'll be back at spin tomorrow, so hopefully can work it out. It was hard getting up this morning, but I'm getting back on track after being gone for a week.

Uber: Good job on getting the exercise in. You'll be dropping more weight before you know it!!

Mandy: Wow! Great job on the weight loss and "new" jeans!!!

Jenni: I feel the same way. I can't always do a reasonable cheat day! That's kind of what I was doing at the end of vacation. Just eat a little here, eat a little there. Oh well!

Toasted: I've always wondered how to properly use logistics management systems! Good luck with that!!

Laurie: Glad that the little shopping trip helped you! You are doing so well, you deserved a special treat!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #21  

Evening check in.

Today I was 100% on plan which is the first day when I didn't have to add up a few unplanned nibbles that pushed me over the top.

Walked 4.0 miles in about 1 hour today-- it was flat, as i was walking on the beach (which I love) so a bit faster pace than when I did the hill walk yesterday. I had forgotten how the thing I love about exercise is that it gives me something positive to do to try to get smaller. I guess the really hard thing about not eating is that it is all about NOT doing something, but when I exercise, I feel that I'm doing something positive.

Keeping the binge monster at bay-- it is definitely all about unmanaged stress. I have a lot going on in my life right now and a lot of big decisions to make. No wonder I'm feeling this way.

Diane Thanks again for being just the kick in the rear I needed to get going again. Glad to hear that you are back in your groove. I also can really go astray with days that involve a lot of little bits of unplanned eating... that tends to be the first step toward leaping off the deep end with both feet.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

Uber - On plan, plus walking at a really fast pace. 4 miles in an hour is pretty comparable to the 4.25 miles in an hour I walked/ran on Monday, and my fastest time of 4.25 miles in 55 minutes I walked/ran last Thursday. Very, very impressive for just getting back to exercise. I love exercise for so many reasons, not the least of which is the stress management component. Hope you find some peace as you make the big decisions, and hope the exercise and keeping the eating under control help you deal with that stress.

Diane - Shaky, shaky legs AND sweating like a beast? SCORE. Glad you're not experiencing abnormal soreness, but also glad you got those physical confirmations that you are working hard. Your functional fitness post continues to inspire me, BTW. My husband and I are finishing the basement, and we were carrying 2X4s down there. He picked up 4 and carried them. I did the same, multiple times. And other than balancing them properly to make sure I didn't destroy the house on the way down, it was really easy. Yay for functional fitness!

Mandy - WOO HOO for those jeans fitting, and for a new (this time) low! So glad you're back on track.

Jenni - You are a rock. I know you have struggled with the glacial pace of the scale movement since you started, way back when you and I were both posting on the "Getting out of the 230s/220s thread." I have two thoughts, for whatever they're worth. First, you have lost almost 30 pounds. That's an enormous accomplishment, and taking it off slowly can make it easier sometimes to keep it off. If you continue doing what you're doing, you're going to be in a great place in a year, and two years, and twelve years. The second thought is that if this plan means slower weight loss than you're used to, there are other plans out there that might work better for your goals. Maybe. I'm a big fan of switching up plans, largely because I respond well to novelty, but it could be something worth considering.

Toasted - What you do for a living is cool! And I think it's fantastic that we have so many writers on this forum. Uber is a publishing author, Jessica and Martini both write or have written novels. I used to do free lance writing and grant writing, and now do a lot of legal writing. Mandy writes in some capacity, too, I believe, though I don't remember. And, really, the world needs to understand how to better utilize their logistics management systems. Your impact on the world will last generations. And a high-five from me to you on the 30-minute workout video. I read an article that said shorter, more high-intensity work-outs have more long-term fat-burning benefits anyway. (And, yes, I read them, say "hmmm," and then exercise the way I want to anyway, cuz there's too much conflicting information out there and I don't want to spend the rest of my life figuring out the "best" way to exercise and then not really doing it.

MissLoud, LotusMama, Jessica, Martini -

I had a social lunch, then a social dinner obligation yesterday. I also lifted weights, and was able to increase weights on most things. Plus, I really wanted to eat cookies, and purchased and consumed two. And my weight is up by almost a pound this morning. Since it didn't bump me above 200, I'm all good with it. =)

Today, I get to enjoy the routine of eating what I want when I want it. I am also wearing a skirt with an elastic waistband that is neither loose nor tight, and a sweater that fits decently. I also should be able to find time to get out for a run. Being on plan feels right and good. Not a struggle today. And while I still understand that I am fat, I feel like I have a discernible feminine shape. It's a good day.

Love this group. It makes my life better. Thank you to everyone for your part in that.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #23  

Hello Fellow Chickies! Hmm. Looks like I'm posting so much that I'm caught up with everyone!

Laurie You are wearing clothes that fit. You are purchasing and eating cookies because you want them and without freaking out. You are rocking that feminine figure! In short, you are made out of awesome!

How sweet that we have so many writers on this thread. Helps with communication! :-)

As for me, scale at 248, or back to ticker weight, after my little off plan detour, but the plus side is that my legs are sore from my new exercise routine, so I'm thinking that once the soreness is gone, the scale may reward me by FINALLY dropping below 248.

I'm focusing on my mini-goal of 240.5. I remember last time, starting at 295.0 I used to think that people who only had 50 pounds total to lose were so lucky! So, if I can hit 240 I'll only be 50 pounds from a weight that I'd be happy to maintain and that I know I can maintain.

Hope ya'll have an uber-good day!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #24  

Mandy...wooohooo for getting to your low again you are rocking it!

Diane...I feel you! My husband comes come on the weekends and he is such a sweet tooth guy and wants all these carb delicious things...well sometimes I just fall into that. Or we go to the movies and this and that. I seriously better get a hold of it before he is home full time and retired because like I said I am NOT letting myself get to where I have gotten every other time!

Uber...Wooohooo for you too to be at that low you are rocking it and I am proud of you for walking you are amazing. I am trying to get in an upper body and lower body circuit once a week and walk another 2 times. I don't always get all of it but at least I get some! And I did the restricted thing for so long under 1200 exercise and burnt out went from 129 (which was unhealthy for me I was below 8 percent body fat) to well now over the years. So I know I am losing slower but maybe that is a good thing?

Laurie....thank you for pointing that out. I actually hit 30 pounds today I just usually don't update my ticker until Saturdays. I don't know if I can do those restricted diets after explaining to Uber...I got so burnt out. Actually I don't even know what is out there...I am doing a calorie/carb cycle thing. I tried WW but refuse to pay a arm and a leg. Honestly I need something easy to follow...if you have any suggestions or anything you found easy I would be up to trying it for a few weeks! But like you also said at least it is coming off and 5 months from now I cannot even imagine where I will be or any of us if we stick to it. I am in a place now where yes sometimes I get frustrated but maybe it is better to lose slower??? I mean I still get things that I have craved, I don't feel deprived, and I am not getting burnt out, this all equals me still losing and meeting goals!

Down to 220.8 today I don't know if I will lose anymore but maybe a miracle will happen and I will get into the teens????
Old 10-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #25  

I also updated my new years goal...I am only averaging 7 pounds a month sometimes less so there is no way I would make the 199 ...I don't want to set myself up for failure....so just being more realistic in my goal!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #26  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Wow I miss soooooo much when I am not here for a few days!

Making a promise to myself now that I need to post on 3FC at least every other day.

I am very happy with steady losses but also disappointed. Even though I am losing weight and I am proud, I feel like I shouldn't even celebrate since I am relosing the same 20lbs that I regained and relost so much recently. Sorry for the meh comment, it's just my little mental struggle right now. I am staying positive, because I know this will be my very last time in the 280s , I finally had that lightbulb moment!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 10-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #27  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Ok, so I had no abnormal soreness yesterday. But today.... oh my gosh. I am so stiff and sore, I just couldn't even get to spin this morning. I had trouble just walking around the office. I will go back to Body Pump tomorrow, even just to try to work it back out. I wish now that I would have gone to spin. It might have helped. Oh well. Guess not lifting for over a week was missed!

Pink Hurricane: Oh, don't we know how you feel! It is great that you are losing, but re-losing is just not fulfilling. I get it! But hang in there, you have to go through this part to get to losing new weight and we all know you can do it!!

Jenni: So close for you moving into the 2 teens!!! Exciting!

Uber: I think that you are right, that once the soreness wears itself out, you usually lose some pounds. Hope so!!!

Laurie: Good for you and hauling the 2x4's. That's a great accomplishment and can really make you feel good. Glad to hear that you're feeling so good about being on plan!! Yay!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #28  

Evening check in.

Jenni 220.8!!!! You are sneakily closing in on the TWO TEENS!! I agree with you about maybe losing slower also meaning that we will figure out how to do it forever. Already, I feel really empowered by realizing that I can be on a downward trend month over month even when I actually screw up on a regular basis! Progress not perfection!

Pink Hurricane Relosing is the hardest thing ever because it is frustrating to feel excited to reach weights that we had already decided we never wanted to see again. But I think the one good thing about being a re-loser is that we have a realistic idea of just how hard it will be to keep it off. You've got this! I post twice a day (at least) when I'm wavering... it really does help.

Diane Boy, you must be PRETTY SORE if it prevented you from working out. Amazing that just a week off made such a difference, but it seems like the more you exercise the more you notice a few days off.... when you're out-of-shape you can take months off, LOL.

Hello to MissLoud, LotusMama, Jessica, Martini , and the rest of the gang.

Pretty good day today. Made turkey breast with stuffing and cranberries for dinner. Now, I should admit that stuffing is quite literally like crack to me-- I cannot leave it alone-- so I was very careful not to make too much, knowing that I would end up eating the leftover cold from the fridge tomorrow. Luckily we ate all of it for dinner, and I was contented with a normal-sized serving.

Legs no longer sore-- maybe, just maybe, the scale will move tomorrow or sometime soon!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #29  

Height: 5'5"

Diane - Ugh! Soreness. I had hoped that you wouldn't have had to deal with that level of soreness after just a week off. =/ But it's great that you are fighting your way through it. You won't be that sore next time.

Uber - I do that, too. When I really want a food but know I have a tendency to overeat it, I will often procure or prepare only a little bit. Happy to hear you had a completely on plan day. You're getting back into the groove. You're going to make that 240.5 goal before you know it! Here's hoping for a great scale result tomorrow.

PinkHurricane - Yes! The re-loss is really mundane. But when you get through it, you'll be through it. And, at least for me, just being on plan has a lot of great benefits for me. I try to focus on those at the beginning. Sometimes it helps.

I am up again today to 198.2. And even though I decided on a 2.5-mile walk instead of a 4-mile run yesterday, I was completely on plan with food -- even to the extent that I bit into my planned 100-calorie mini ice cream sandwich, decided that it just wasn't as good as I had hoped, and didn't eat anything beyond the first bite. It's a hazard of daily weighing and can be discouraging. But I know that when I stay on plan through the scale defiance, I see good results eventually.

So, I am going to attempt to just be chill about it all. I will beat back the obviously-untrue "Nothing that I am doing is working anyway, so might as well eat that _____ and that ________ and that _________, and eat as much of it as I want." My goal is to stay perfectly on plan until next Monday morning and see what the scale says then. I am not planning what I will do if the scale stinginess continues past that point, though. That's a problem for another day. =)

Hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #30  

Good Morning Chickies!

So, scale unfriendly this morning. I bounced up a pound instead of down. The only good is that when I woke up this morning, I realized that my ring was so tight that I couldn't even slip it off. It's normally loose. So I didn't expect a good weigh in. I really have trouble keeping up with my fluid intake. It's REALLY DRY where I live and I have a tendency not to drink enough and get dehydrated, which paradoxically makes me retain water. So I'm going to up my water intake all day. I'm setting a mini-mini-goal of 245. I'd like to be enough into the 240s that I never see 250 no matter what!

Laurie Scale defiance an scale stinginess, LOL. I think your scale and my scale must be acquainted with each other. Staying on plan through the plateaus is my biggest problem too. You are going to see 190 before you know it!

I'll pop back on later to see what is up with you all. Hope you are all having a great day!