Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Hello MamaPu!

Peaches I understand the feeling, but don't give up you can do it. I think focusing on fit of clothing is a good idea. Although it is still hard not to think about the number on the scale.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #32  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

I lost 2.8 lbs this week! Only used my treadmill once though. :-(
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Mamapu!

It's so hard not to focus on the scale at this point Peaches! I am sorry you are feeling down.

My birthday is this weekend and I am also going to a friends party. I am sure that my weight will go up so I am prepared for that. Scale has stayed the same for 2 days now- 248.6.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Pam I up set to graduating with my bachelors in Dec of this year as long as one or two of my classes needed are available over summer and IF none of my classes are offered in the same time slots in fall. But, I will hopefully be turning around and starting my Masters program here at the same school in Jan of 2015 so not much will change except what I am studying since I am gong from psych to business.

akelly I think it has been a bit warmer here, but idk how much, it did get pretty frigid here. it is back in the 60s for the daily high though, I hope it sticks but my DH is wishing it away, he likes the cold! I am in the Dallas area, just above it in Richardson

I'll be back later to write more, running out somewhere now
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #35  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Ah! how could I have missed this thread!
I've been trying to get out of the 240's for 2 months now.
Back story: 6 (almost 7) months ago I lost a good deal of weight. My cousin was coming to town with my daughter ( they adopted her) my cousin's wife and myself started a little blog about our weight loss adventures. Well, right after they came to visit for my daughter's first birthday, i totally threw myself off the wagon. I was eating clean, a vegetarian and hardly any wheat. That went right under the rug and I went back to eating meat, bread and pasta and had more processed and fast food in the past 6 months than i had in over 2 years.
So yeah, I gained 25 pounds in 6 months. Not happy about it. Now my cousin and his wife gave my man and I tickets to go visit them in Atlanta. We're super excited as we've never traveled much and we get to see our daughter for her 2nd birthday. I'm determined to get back to the weight I was (or smaller). but the 240's are killer!
As of right now I'm 248.6 But I just ate breakfast so that's not an accurate number. I'll have a more accurate number tomorrow when I weigh myself before breakfast.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Ok I'm officially in here! 249.8 this morning, up .2 from yesterday morning, but today is my official weigh day.
Welcome Sakai, it's hard but you can do it!
I'm at my lowest weight I've been for about 3 years, or longer! That's all the motivation I need right now!
MamaPu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #37  

Welcome Sakai!

And yay for making it offical MamaPu!

I am down to 242.4 this morning! I really want out of the 240's. This has been going on for too long now. Lol Must stay strong. Must stay strong. That is my mantra this week.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/241/165

Hey Everyone!

Even though things are rough for me but I'm try to stay focused on what I can control. What I can control is eating healthier and exercising. I'm down to 243 again BUT I need to work on curbing my late night snacking. That's why I've gotten stuck again. I try to keep remembering how far I've come when I put on my clothes.

Welcome Saku and MamaPu.

I like that mantra Mara. Must stay strong!

Thank you for the encouragement justaloozer.

Yay for Jellybean.

Last edited by peachesandcream; 01-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.
peachesandcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #39  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I have a more official weigh in. 245.8
I have a horrible, very nasty habit of not really ever exercising. >.< It's really bad, i know. My goal this year should of been to start working out more. I'm so worn out after work. I'm on my feet and walking over 10,000 steps just at my job. However, my heart-rate is never elevated so I guess it doesn't count.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Yay Mamapu!

Mara you can do it!

Sakai I also move a lot for work but I find that I have to exercise separately in order for my weight to continue moving downward.

AFM I hit 70lbs lost today! I am going out to eat for my bday tomorrow so I know it will go back up again, but I am so ecstatic today!

Last edited by justaloozer; 01-18-2014 at 07:32 AM.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #41  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I just want to say hello to my friends I have posted with for weeks (Months in my case - since August)... I am down to 239 this morning and thrilled to pieces!. I also welcome those of you who have joined and/or moved from teh higher decade thread.. HOORAY! and enjoy this group.. THEY ARE AWESOME!

Hurry up and follow me to the 230-220 thread.. I am waiting for you!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #42  

Way to Sue! Hopefully we will be joining you soon.

I got 242.0 this morning.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #43  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up

Good day all!

I am so glad to be back here. I am sorry that I haven't posted in a week's time. I just read all of your posts from the last time that I posted so I will respond to the ongoing chat here now.

MamaPu and ubercast. As I always tell the "newbies", we love to have you but we also love to see you move on down. So, here is hoping that while you are here, we will get to know you a little better but hopefully, you will across 'cross over' to the next decade when "it is time" with the idea that we are not saying "so long" but "glad to see ya again" in the next decade. That is my "official" "Hey, y'all" and "Hey, hope we all get on down" as we all want!

I slowly regained about 0.2 lbs. per week for the past couple of weeks. I could blame it on the flu or I could blame it on exercising every day (in spite of the flu and also re-injuring my left shoulder and neck muscle again) but I honestly think that it is a combination of extra calories and way too many of those coming from sodium. So, last Friday I spent all afternoon going back through my food plans that I log faithfully and really looking for some clues
Then, I made a new food list to have both at home and also to take to the grocery store so that I am more alert to hidden sodium. Let's hope this is all that I need to keep things moving downward.

For example; I noticed that when a product says "reduced fat" usually the manufacturers raise the sodium in that same product! Since I have eating "low fat" down pat, I now really need to work harder on being more low sodium. The same goes for "fat free" but with a different twist: when the fat is completely removed usually more sugar, even artificial is added, and for me, this means that once I start eating a product (like fat free peppermint chocolate cookie cakes last Friday) I can't stop. I hate to make my own self a guinea pig" but I guess that is what I have done. The results end up showing up on the scales.

justaloozer Congrats on losing 70 lbs. That is no easy feat and you should be very proud of this accomplishment. I hope your B-Day was as special as it can be.

ubercast and akelly728 I just had to mention how adorable your dog avatars are. akelly728--looks like yours is ready for V-Day as well.

mara: What kind of cravings are you struggling with? The times when I have cravings it is usually for carbs and it seems like the more carbs I eat the more that I want them so it is a vicious cycle for me. The best remedy for me when this happens is to eat some protein.

peachesncream: I too am noticing that my clothes are fitting a lot better (all of the exercise that I am doing ) but still there is something about seeing that number on the scale go down that makes me feel like I am headed in the right direction. and that I am not just spinning my wheels

jellybelly1908: on the big lose. Keep up the good work!

pixiekat: Hope it warms up soon for you in the DFW area. We are unseasonably cool here in GA but it is bright and sunny even if I still have to wear a winter coat. Sounds like you will be hitting the books for some time to come.

Sakai: I admire your decision regarding the custody of your child. I am sure that it was not an easy one. I am sorry to hear that the backlash resulted in a regain of 25 lbs but you are in the right place and you will get that off in no time. Be diligent. Be patient. Be forgiving to yourself. You did it once before, you can definitely lose it again.

I too have been treading water in the 240s longer than I care to admit but at least I haven't gained any more than 3-5 lbs at any given time so that is progress of sorts. The only thing that is hard is when you want so badly to break that 240 barrier but things turn out otherwise. Now, that I have returned to more daily exercise as well as recognizing my issue with sodium, I think within a few weeks I can see some improvement in those weekly weigh ins. At least, I hope so.

MamaPu I too am at my lowest ( in 20 years ) so I just have to quit feeling so blasted comfortable here and crank up my efforts.

"Must stay strong!" ---we all embrace your mantra Mara. We can do this!

Take care all, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 01-20-2014 at 01:48 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 249.2/Ticker/140

Can I join in? I am at 242.2 and can't wait to get to my 30's. I haven't been in my 30's for about 6 years. I can't wait!!!

What diet plans is everyone doing? I am on WonderSlim and love it.
MissMollyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #45  

Welcome MissMolly! I am currently focusing on watching my calories and sodium. The salt will sneak up on you everytime.

Pam the cravings were for mostly warm gooey cheesey food, think pizza, Chuy's cheese and creamy jalapeno dip. Mostly gone now. And I had noticed that about low fat foods. Sneaky sodium.