Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

GRATS MANDY!

That's really awesome. I wish you all the luck with your challenge. I'm in the same boat with clothes right now. All my pants, save a select few, are literally falling off me. They are so baggy, but my issue is, I've lost a lot of weight in my legs and butt, but not much at all in my waist. That is so frustrating!! I hope you win so you can go get your flirt on! It's amazing how much confidence we can get from a decent fitting set of clothes.

I'm 231 today. That's 2 lbs left to my Thanksgiving Day goal! WOOT! I'm loving the gym I joined, so thankful the people going are nice and not judgmental at all. Not that I care if they were, I'm doing this for me and do not need their approval. So far, they've been very supportive and most are in the same boast as me anyhow LOL.

I've sort of flew through the 230's...... This was unexpected but totally welcome!

Hey guys, WE CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #107  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the congrats guys. I think I remember you posting about those jeans rebelle, I'll have to look for them the next time I'm at walmart. My problem areas have always been my butt and thighs so the whole skinny jean thing has not been for me. I've always had to buy the ones that say loose fit in the legs because if I bought the regulars they would be too big in the waist when they were just right in the thigh area. My legs have definitely shrunk quite a bit, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable with anything hugging my thighs too tightly. I think the zumba and bike riding has really helped reshape my legs though because I don't recall my thighs ever feeling as muscular as they do right now. There is loose skin though and that's not attractive.

I don't think there is a way to take in my favorite shirt. It has a lining and then a fairly sheer material over it and it's a scoop neck. The neck hangs down so low now. I used to get compliments every time I wore that shirt and it's so comfortable and the colors went great with so many of my work pants. I'm gonna miss it like an old friend lol. I'm hanging on to my favorite ralph lauren sweatshirt for now though

You all are stronger than I am as far as the scale thing goes. I can go a day or two here and there, but I generally weigh every single morning in my pjs right after I fix my first cup of coffee. It doesn't seem to ruin my day or anything if it's a bad weigh in, but if it starts to do that I will have to consider weighing weekly or something, but I couldn't go a whole month. Now the measuring tape is a whole other story. I pretty much avoid it like the plague because it's what depresses me. I swear it takes a year for me to lose inches. I took my measurements at the beginning of February and I tried checking them every month or two and it never showed that I lost more than an inch here and there so I finally just gave up the whole measuring thing. I've been considering getting it back out again just out of curiosity though. I don't know if I'm measuring in the wrong places or what because I see other people who say I lost 20 pounds and 10 inches and I'm like how in the heck could that be! I bet you if I took all the measurements and added up all the inches I've lost since February and it probably wouldn't be 10 inches and I've lost 44 pounds since then or somewhere around there. The reason I started measuring then is because I started zumba the end of January and my friend said let's take our measurements so we can see our progress. I measured my upper arms, around my bust, under my bust, around my belly button area, around the biggest part of me (butt/hips), upper thigh, knee area and calves. Each place I measure I try to measure the widest part. I know my arms are much more muscular, but I have all the loose skin hanging, so maybe that's why they don't show a difference. I'll try measuring tonight if I think about it, just to see if there's any difference. My clothes are falling off so there has to be some difference.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 241/238/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. New to the group. Started my healthier lifestyle on Monday 11/11. Day 3, weighed in at 238. Can't wait to see the 220's.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

SweatIsFatCrying - Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. Here's to all of us breezing through this decade!

Mandy - Congratulations! Wonderful you are 100 lbs down! I'm waiting to have your problem with the clothes. I've lost 40 and everything still fits - but they are more comfortable. When the time comes, I'm going to play "Project Runway" and see if I can do some alterations. I haven't sewn much in 20 years. I'll have to have an honest friend tell me how I look in my creations

Rebelle - I want some of your attitude to wear off on me. Seriously You brighten my day.

Cormandy - I weighed in exactly the same as you. (But you are taller so you are ahead of me!) All I know is when I weigh myself I lose and when I stop weighing I gain... A LOT. But I know everybody is different. I just try to keep distracted during plateaus but I still chart my weight. My published goal is 199 by April Fool's Day but I am secretly trying for Valentines Day.

Ficklehearts - Congrats on your progress too. I'm with you - we can all do this!!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #110  

I got to see 235 on the scale for the first time ever. I just weighed here at work and it was 235.8 and that's after all the coffee and water I've had already. I really like seeing new lows on the scale It's really only 0.2 less than it said yesterday, but since it made it to the next number it looks even better lol. I had some coffee cake here at work yesterday to celebrate a coworker's birthday so I had to eat light after that, although the girl who made it replaces unhealthy things with applesauce and stuff like that. Only problem was I didn't know what to put down for points and calories. I don't know if it will make a difference, good or bad, but I have been cutting out some carbs for the last three days. Instead of rice chex with almond milk for breakfast I've been having boiled eggs and yesterday I forgot my eggs so I ate turkey jerky for breakfast. There are carbs in the half n half that I put in my coffee. I had a french dip sub at arbys last night, but I took most of the bread off, except for the part the swiss cheese was stuck to, and skipped the dipping sauce and of course no fries or anything. I should have made some vegetables to go with it, but I didn't.

I better get to work my boss doesn't look like she's in a great mood today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

I'm back I got the okay from my dr yesterday that I can keep losing weight. I have so much extra that the bebe will be okay. She also gave me the okay to keep at the gym. No running though, except on the elliptical machine. I have been soooo tired lately that I haven't really done any. I'm up to 234.4 today which I'm actually ok with cause for the last two weeks I haven't tracked anything nor exercised. Back on track today though. I'm just really excited to be able to going on my weight loss journey.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #112  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Hey guys
Just dropping in to say I'm still chugging along. Still haven't went to the dr yet but plan to make an appointment today. I saw 219.6 this morning. I haven't been in the 2teens in 4 years. All I want is orange juice and my usual food makes me feel yuck. :/ still working out the kinks.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #113  

S/C/G: HW: 260 Restart: 230/223/223.8

Height: 5'6

Well ladies, I'm back at it again! I'm on an official restart and I weigh 229.8 which means I'm not in the 230's but I managed to gain a whole decade in 6 months.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #114  

234.2 this morning yay!!! Having a good weight loss for the past few days but I know it will soon start bouncing up and down for a week or two because that's my norm. I'm gonna have to try really hard this week to eat light because the challenge ends on Friday and it's winner takes all. I think I have a good chance of winning. Fingers crossed.

Nagazim looks like you have had some good weigh ins lately! Hope u feel better soon.

Welcome back brandiboo

Ainslie I'm glad the doctor okayed your diet and exercise. That means everything is going good in the pregnancy.

I've had a lot of stress the past couple of days. My daughter had major oral surgery yesterday and when they said "time to say goodbye to mom" I lost it. I cried like a baby as I left the room and had to go to the bathroom to calm down. Then I kept crying in the waiting room off and on. She made it out fine but she's sore and swollen. I didn't eat very well yesterday and I think it was due to my emotions. I really wanted a cigarette and I haven't smoked for almost 3 years! I haven't wanted one so bad since I quit. Today is better.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #115  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Welcome back Brandiboo! I know ppl hate saying restart but at least you care enough to try again. Good luck!

Mandi - kid related worry/stress is the worst! Glad her surgery went well and congratulations on the new low weight!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #116  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Nagazim.. I am so glad you checked in.. I was wondering how you are doing. I am sorry that food does not sound good to your body right now.. but that will pass! I just want to say congratulations again. Are you feeling different this time around (pregnancy)? Do you feel healthier starting? Just wondering as you were so "on it" before this miracle occured Just wanted to send you a hug!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #117  

231 today. I really hope it's just water retention from the weight lifting I've started that didn't let me lose a lot this week.... I think my body just needs time to catch up. I really want to be in the 220's by Thanksgiving

Got a good day planned. Homework, gym, lunch, hanging out with the hubby, and then a pretty good dinner planned. Just got to keep on chuggging.....
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #118  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

FickleHearts- Keep on because very soon that weight lifting will pay off in Wooshes! You're muscle building will burn more fat! . Keep you head high.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #119  

235.6 this morning. I'm going to try to be extra, extra good this week. The problem I seem to have is sabotaging myself right at the end of the weight loss challenge. Maybe I stress myself out about the weigh in and then stress eat. Who knows. I'm going to try not to do that this week. I'd like to be down to 233 by Friday because that would put me at a 10-pound loss, but that may not happen. I've considered doing something a little extreme like taking diuretics the day before weigh in or laxatives, but I'm afraid it might backfire somehow and have the opposite effect on me. What do you all think? Too extreme? I know one person in our weight loss challenges that has done things like this right before final weigh in.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #120  

I've done that Mandy, the laxative thing, and honestly, it wasn't worth it. The only thing it gave me aside from cramps was a 1 lb loss that wasn't even really a loss if you think about it. But I know exactly where you are sitting at! My scale hates me lately, despite the fact I've been pretty good.

I'd drank a ton of water every day to help flush out your system, maybe with a little lemon, and cut back on sodium. Natural diuretic!

Rainy and blah here today. I won't be able to get in my walk on break which means extra time at the gym. Not really so bad, just gets me home later than I want and I have a busy night. I have to make a cake for work tomorrow. I thought I'd struggle with doing it too, but I don't even want a piece at the moment. I love to bake, but have avoided it in fear it would derail me. This time of year, I can't avoid it forever. I have a pie to make on Fri for our Thanksgiving up here at work and then two sweet potato pies to make next week for family. I'm not planning on consuming anything at our parties up here, and boy will that be HARD TO DO!

I'd rather miss out for one year and be skinny, then consume and be guilty, which will then make me binge. I can't wait till the Holidays are over.
Closed Thread