Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #91  

Sweet dreams.
I dream so much as we probably all do.

To fit into a desk at college without feeling a pain at the hips.
To be able ride a bicycle without the brakes screeching.
To be able to walk on a hiking trail and to reach its summit.
To be able to walk up a flight ofstairs without having to calm the painful and rapid breathing or pounding in my chest.
To be able to own in a pair of jeans at least once in my life.
To be able to go to work without people saying I am strong because I am fat.

We all have our own dreams. Dreams are lovely because we can design it and we have the opportunity to make it a success.

Good Luck to you,
Alohalei
Old 03-04-2002, 09:34 PM   #92  
Losin It For GOOD!

I dream:

To weigh the same (if not a little less) as my husband (not 110 lbs more than him!)..
To be at the same fitness level as my husband so we can do more active things together..
To be able to put my seat in my car at the right height for my LEGS, not far back so the steering wheel won't hit my stomach..
To be able to TUCK IN MY SHIRTS over my flatter stomach..
To have a NOTICEABLE difference by the time my sister returns home from Italy after being gone for 5 months in July 2002..
To be able to shop in the REGULAR clothes section again..
To not have one more stretch mark not caused by being pregnant..
To be considered not obese, not overweight, but a healthy weight so that I can let myself get pregnant without worrying about health issues for my child or myself..
To be able to climb stairs without having an asthma attack..
To need to give away all the clothes my best friend gave me when SHE lost 100 lbs..
To be able to keep up with my active 7 1/2 yr old step daughter..
To not have to worry about comparing myself with my husband's skinny ex-wife and ex-girlfriend..
To have my husband think I'm sexy again..
To not have a rash on my legs anymore because they chafe against each other..
To never hear again "We've got a BIG girl in exam room 1".. or "if you just lost some weight that could help this.."
To become a Weight Watchers "Poster" child just like my best friend..
To not have anyone worrying about my health anymore..
To not have boobs the size of large cantelopes anymore..
To not have to wear an underwire bra anymore!!! (Even though my husband has says he doesn't want me to lose TOO much chest)..
To get rid of my double chin
To have people say "hey you look great!! Did you lose weight?"
To have people not recognize me when they see me again (after a long absence)..
To not be ashamed of wearing a bathing suit..
To see my belly button again..
To not have my arms flap in the breeze..
to be able to sit without feeling like I have a spare tire around my middle..
To be able to "flip" into tubes in the pool like I used to (impossible now because of my size)
To be the size I was in 11th grade again..
To not snore anymore..
To have my wedding bands/rings be able to come on or off without taking half my finger with them..
To be able to make concious healthy choices about what I eat without having to look up the points in a book..
To be able to RESIST THAT BROWNIE!! (But also know that it won't add 2 lbs to my scale-in)
To be a HEALTHIER SKINNIER ME!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:07 AM   #93  

Wow! I love these. I think anyone feeling a bit of discouragement should read all of these, every day if needed. They sure gave me a boost this morning!

Some more dreams of mine..

To know that I could borrow clothes from friends if needed.

To not worry about a lawn chair breaking.

To be able to walk into any store and purchase something to wear (VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME)

To donate the rest of my plus size clothes.

To be able to walk a marathon.

To plan trips to the beach or vacation and not have a panic attack over needing to show skin.

Not have that "back roll" or "belly pouch" I am always aware of.

To feel strong and healthy, to join the everyone at the family parties when playing vollyball or baseball.

To stand next to my two younger sisters, and not feel like the "old fat" one.

To not cringe when others talk about their weights, because I am so ashamed to talk about my own.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:47 AM   #94  

I have to many dreams to list them all but here are some of the top ones

- I want to weigh 140 lbs and be able to eat anything I want and never gain weight, ( I know this isn't realistic)

- I want to be able to wear shorts and tank tops in the summer and sun bathe instead of hiding in the shade sweating to death

- I want to be able to go swimming with my son, in public I love to swim but would'nt be caught dead in a public pool.

- I want to be able to go roller blading and bike riding, hiking , sking anything outdoors.

-I want to be able to take a bath with my fiance, and feel sexy

-I want to be able to fit into lawn chairs and not worry about them breaking or how much of my butt is bulging out the sides.

-I want to look sexy and beautiful at my wedding, I want to have beautiful pictures.

- I want to have another baby, but not at this weight, I want to be able to sit on the floor and be able to play with them comfortably, I want to be able to hold a baby properly and not have my belly and big chest in the way.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:11 AM   #95  
gbo

I dream of looking in the mirrior and loving what I see

I dream of sleeping without 10- 12 pillows gathered around me to keep me from moving just a little wrong
and causing me massive headaches, back pain, leg, pain, neck pain and so on.

I dream of seeing the pride in y husbands eyes at my accomplishment.

I dream of seeing the admiration in my own eyes!

I dream of more freedom of movement, taking care of my home as I would choose to , gardening, and so many other things.For all of the problems caused by my illness I know subtracting the weight would make a big difference to what I can do and how I function.

To wear clothes I love , no just what I can get away with, wear the hair styles I love rather than one that suit my weight better.

Be happy to see people rather than avoid them.

To not have my stomach knot when a camera is pulled out.

And on..... and on.... and on....
Pam
Old 05-02-2002, 05:57 PM   #96  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I came lookin for this because I'm putting my dreams on my new webpage...thought I'd bump it up to the top
Old 05-06-2002, 08:47 AM   #97  

my dream? just to be able to walk down the street without having kids and their parents/parent/whoever stare and make comments. to be able to walk to my friends house without my chest hurting or having to wait 5 minutes before i can talk because im breathing so hard.

ummmm, to be able to see my toes and knees clearly without having to bend forward? *L*
Old 05-11-2002, 09:32 PM   #98  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow...dreams....I wasn't going to post because while, I do have dreams, it's almost scary for me to "say" them out loud. 'What if I don't reach them?' is always my first thought. Well, **** with that! This time, I will, and by God, I need something to shoot for!

So here goes:

1. I want the girls in my class to stop making fun of my belly-roll/jelly-roll behind my back.

2. I want to be able to fit down the aisles without knocking books off of desks with my big ol' butt.

3. I want to fit back into my denim mini tank dress I bought from Frederick's of Hollywood (!) 8 years ago. (I've worn it twice.)

4. I want to walk into a room and make heads turn

5. I want to buy things 'cause they're cute, not 'cause they're the only thing in my size.

6. I want people to comment on my teeny-tiny waist, not just my beautiful smile or my waist-length hair.

7. I want to wear a skirt without having to use ten pounds of baby powder to keep my thighs from rubbing together and chafing.

8. I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit again.

9. I want to feel incredibly sexy and not have that feeling dashed to bits when I pass a mirror.

10. I want to weigh less than my husband!

Jennelle
On my way down....
SW: 242.5
CW: 227.5
GW: 140
Old 07-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #99  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

bump
Old 07-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default My Dreams Are....

~ I want to be able to go and buy a nice pair of jeans and it not make my fat roll up above my jeans(if you KWIM)

~ I want to be able to go out an shop for clothes and they all look great on me.

~ I want to have people checking me out and say "Wow now that lady looks great and is beautiful" or "Oh wow, I wish I could look like her"

~ I want my family(also extended family) to be astonished and very proud of me for losing all the weight.

~ I want to wear a 2 piece bathing suit(the ones with the boy cut shorts and tankini) and look awesome in it.

~ I want to have energy up to the wahzoo.

~ I want to be able to wear those bare midriff shirts(the ones that show the belly button).

~ I would love to look like the cartoon character of my avatar.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:38 PM   #101  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hope it's okay with everyone, this is my favorite 3FC thread of all time. So I searched it out and decided to bump it, and see if anyone had some new ones. . .or heck , it's just an awesome read and great source of mental inspiration! Some great writers on the board!!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:45 PM   #102  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

wow - I'd forgotten about this thread entirely!

Everything still applies, except for part of number 6 (I no longer have waist-length hair)

Thanks, Irishwings!
Old 05-20-2003, 12:29 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

you know what's funny? i read this thread YESTERDAY. i decided to do a sort for the most replies and see what some of the biggest discussions had been. this was right on top. and i read it and thought about loreli1 and then she appears with a new name.

and then randomly, someone pulls this thread up.

I AM SO PSYCHIC!!! i am scaring myself.

Last edited by gonzostar; 05-20-2003 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:33 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default *my* dreams!

to shop at cute clothes stores

to be able to sit on people's laps

to do athletic things without dying and gasping

to look H-O-T!

to feel (and look) cute naked.

to not hear "you have such a pretty face" again.

to have people know me for me, not just "the fat girl."

to wear a bikini

to eat in front of people and not worry they're watching me and thinking "what a pig!"

to wear skirts without shorts underneath (cuz of the chafing)

Last edited by gonzostar; 05-20-2003 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:41 AM   #105  
Work in Progress

WOW I sure needed a reminder. SInce starting this journey, I have lost some weight , toned and lost inches and now find myself with 20#'s to lose over again. Very frustrating but my own fault. The old habits weren't that far away.
Closed Thread