Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wow.... he doesn't have a brain. What makes a person thinks it's OK to say unkind things. When people 'cut down' others it's usually in compensation for something negative or a struggle within them. When they are cutting down on others- it somehow elevates his sorry butt. (only in HIS brain)

I am sorry you had to deal with his remarks. You have made an awesome incredible accomplishment. Carry on... you are fabulous.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #17  
Gizmo

Dumplin, forget about that guy, he is a total jerk. This is just another example that as a society, we have a long way to go it the way overweight people are treated. How dare ANYONE say such nasty things to you. You ought to be proud of every single pound you have lost and if you feel like bragging about it then more power to you.

You are braver than a lot of us (myself included) for going to a gym, you've taken control of your life and your health and this MAJOR accomplishment should be celebrated, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Stand tall and proud, in all your beauty and strength.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #18  

You're doing great. Keep up the good work. Don't give your 'friend' ANY power over you. Tell him to go blow. Don't go to the gym with him again. You need positive encouragement, not negative discouragement.

Guamvixen - Wow, congrats! You look fantastic. How'd you do it?
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #19  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

What's his address dumplin??
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #20  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

QTIP.

(Q)uit (T)aking (I)t (P)ersonally.

Now you know the situation best -- you were there and know the man.

Is this a case of man clueless? Cuz they come at everything all "Boot Camp" and think somehow this is helping/supportive? Don't get hung on the words -- look at his feelings behind the words if you think he's basically a friend with bad communication skills with women.

• "my belly wiggled when I walked" (True enough? ok, clumsy, but then get it go.)
  • "I grunt because I have a belly" (True enough? Ok clumsy, then let it go.)
  • "I should not be bragging about how much weight I have lost because people would be saying that I need to loose alot more." (How are you "bragging?" And why does it bug him so? Or does people talking about you bug him? Why is HE anxious about YOUR body? Why is he worried about what others say or think about you? That one I'd want clarification on.)

Or is this a case of actual mean?

If former, tell him to knock it off and boot camp his man pals. With his women pals, he needs to talk woman talk or else he comes off sounding like a dunderhead.

If mean, dump him. That's not a real friend.

Either way -- QTIP!!! You were working out and have lost 81 lbs already. A HUGE ACHIEVEMENT most people will never have to do! Including him probably.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Being male really doesn't excuse that kind of remark, although probably he didn't actually think he was saying anything out of the ordinary (because he is an idiot, obviously, and probably says things like that to everyone).

Don't give it house room in the brain, honestly. He is NOT your friend. Move on. Be happy and proud of your achievement and know that everyone experiences hurtful remarks like that, especially people who have lost weight or are successful at any achievement.

People are jealous of success. Hugs, you are doing great!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #22  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal4agirl View Post
What's his address dumplin??
I got your back! hehe
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #23  
'S' on my chest..

S/C/G: 284/263/150

Height: 5'5

That is not ok! I wouldn't even consider that a friend. That is the farthest thing from constructive critism, if that was his goal. I get that men can be blunt but that's just plain old rude and disgusting. I would have told him off and yes, you are allowed to 'brag' about your success. You lost 81 lbs, that's a whole lot to be proud of and you deserve to be able to feel good about your hard work. It's sad that everyone battling weight loss also has to battle the ignorance of society's idiots. Ignore him, better yet.. use his cruel words as fuel and freeze him out.

I hope you feel better! You are an inspiration and should be proud. Don't be sad!
d0lcevita is offline   Reply With Quote