Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #31  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

newcreation: about quinoa, how do you make it as a side dish? It it like rice or pasta and you just add seasonings? What seasonings make it taste. good.

How on earth do you cook it? Can I make it in a rice cooker if I watch it (cuz it may cook faster or slower than rice) I bought some, but realized I have NO idea how to make it!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I found this awesome site :

http://www.quinoa.net/181.html

It has directions for using a rice cooker as well as some awesome looking recipes. I've never done anything creative (I just cook my quinoa in chicken broth and call it good) before so I'm looking forward to trying these recipes. The soup and the stuff peppers sound tasty!

And the pudding sounds especially good...drool

PS Don't forget to rinse the grain well to get rid of any bitterness/soapiness in the naturally occurring coating.

Enjoy!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:05 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that.

Today is PT.

breakfast - applesauce, cheese toast

lunch - mushroom soup, cheese on rice cake, parsnips steamed.

snack - fiber muffin

dinner - turkey, lite cheese, brocoli with parm cheese, 1/2 c. potato

snack - 1/2 banana

I hope you all have a GREAT healthy day. I'll try to come back for personals later.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

It is a GORGEOUS day today!!!! Bright and sunny and should be upper 50's! I'll overlook the fact that I had to warm up my car and scrape the windshielf before leaving for work this morning! LOL!!!

Diane--YEA for getting to the gym!!!!! Yep, I swear we have the same life sometimes LOL!!!!

lottie--Still thinking about you...it's so hard when you never know when the next family drama is lurking. Keep taking care of yourself. You are doing fantastic!!!

ANewCreation--Thanks for sharing the quinoa site. I have heard lots of good things about quinoa, but have never tried it. Its about time I do!

Beverlyjoy--good luck at pt today!!

Todays workout will be taking the dogs for a walk. It is a gorgeous day, so I don't want to spend it inside at the gym. Hopefully today will be calmer at work....SO glad it is friday!

Can't wait for my mani/pedi w/ my niece tomorrow. She is super excited too.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #35  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies! I am feeling amazing today!

My fibro pain has decreased just....it's insane how much! Just over a month ago my pain and fatigue rating scale on this site I use that ranges from 1 (low) to 50 (high) was a 32, then a 22, then a 31, then, a 15 and for the last two weeks it has been an astonishing 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I credit lyrica, b12, and exercise. I can't do much exercise...but what I am doing now is tons more than the NONE I was doing before! ha. I am feeling so good.

p.s THANK YOU KINECT!

I have set some boundaries with my fam, so I am a little less stressed, thanks to my awesome therapist!

reading back a few posts, looks like this week has been good to us! I wish everyone good planning skills for the weekend! I know it's hard for some people. (I do not work a 9-5 mon-fri so my 'weekends' are not a big deal)

Today:

breakfast: (amended for less cals cuz it's a day I don't work so I don't have to wait so long for lunch, this also allows me a snack. I normally have .5 tbls margerine on my bagel, and 2 whole eggs with 1 slice cheese. Now I have room for a snack around 9 p.m)

whole wheat bagel
1 whole egg,
.5 cup cottage cheese
.5 cup fruit

Lunch:
1 cup home made black bean chili with red onions and cheddar cheese

Snack: .5 cup cottage cheese

Dinner:
Home made taco salad: ingredients below!:

6 oz baked and taco seasoned chicken (I shred after baking and add a little water and a bit of a taco packet seasoning and let the water cook out, soaks in the flavor!)

1 serving tostitos multi grain chips

Green leaf lettuce

Red onion

LOTS of chalula hot sauce!

Have a great On Plan day you guys!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:46 AM   #36  

Hi chicks...yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that! I got my exercises, water, logging/planning and meditations in. I am always grateful for the willingness to do this.

For today:

plan/log food
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
meditation
leave a bite of food on the plate
eat seated only
no seconds
slow, mindful eating
taste the food
journal

lottie -I am so glad your fibro is doing better. My son has it and it can be so painful. He finds he must get lots of sleep at night. I am glad that you have set boundaries with your family. You are taking care of YOU. Great food plan.

mj - glad you have your nice doggies to take for a walk in the pretty outdoors!

anewcreation - thanks for the link on quinoa.

Have a healthy day everyone.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello chickies!

Beverlyjoy, it sounds like you're doing so well. I'm so happy for you.

lottie63, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better--in all aspects!

mj5, enjoy your walk with the doggies!

This has been a fabulous week. I am down a pound--woohoo! I know it's going to take me a lot longer to get down to my ticker weight than it took to exceed it but I'm on my way! 4#'s to go.

Just wanted to share that I went to a party last night and had a plan! No booze. A nice portion of lean meat (pulled pork) and two plates of raw veggies, no dip. Oh, and a couple of cheese cubes. Happy dance for me!

Also, hubby and I ate out for lunch and he started bragging about how healthy his lunch was so I whipped out my smart phone and showed him that his entire lunch came in at around 2000 calories. He was shocked!!! Fortunately for him, he is very thin and healthy so he can do that. But, I did point out to him 'Do you understand why I'm bitter on occasion?' Said with humor of course but it really did point out the difference in what I can do and what he can do. It was very eye opening for him and now he understands why I have to spend so much time on my smart phone making a decision about what to eat whenever we go out to eat.

Hope everyone is having a good on plan weekend
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #38  
mj5

Just popping in for a quick hello! Yesterday was great! Today is my lounge day and I am enjoying it!

have a great day!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #39  
mj5

Hi everyone! Another sunny day here. LOVE IT! My workout days this week will be: Tues, Wed, and either Thurs or Sat.

Tonight I am going to my niece's first home volleyball game (the niece I took to get her nails done on Sat). She is super excited, but kinda nervous too. It's her first time ever being captain of a team. The girls will do great I am sure.

Leftovers for dinner, which is an added bonus! Then time to relax w/ hubby and the "sweet beagle sisters". I have a healthy lunch and snacks packed for work. I am already drinking water. I need to bring some decaf tea bags so I am less tempted to drink extra coffee during the day. I don't need the extra caffeine or calories....for some reason I never liked anything added to my tea.

Have a great, healthy OP day everyone!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #40  

Hi....yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. Today will be quiet - my mom is coming over for lunch.

Today I am committing to get my meditation in.

breakfast - cottage cheese, half banana, toast & pnb

lunch - tossed salad with chicken, cheese, fruit

snack - cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - omlette, toast, roasted veggies

snack - crackers

Mj - I love leftovers too - so easy! Hope the volleyball game went well,.

Hi to everyone who stops by. Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-16-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #41  
mj5

Hi! Quick change in workout plans...workouts will be: Tues, Th, and Sat. Hubby has Wed off so we are going to go to my niece's volleyball game Wed.

The game last night was awesome! They won and the girls had a great time. My niece did a great job as captain--encouraging everyone....so nice to see pre-teen girls encouraging each other!

Food choices have been good. I have my wellness coach phone call this afternoon, so that will be good and I will go workout right after.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #42  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I really thought I posted here yesterday. Evidently not. Probably pouting because I didn't get to the gym yesterday, even though I was dressed and ready to go. My alternator went out on the way to the gym, so I limped my car back home... no lights by the time I got there. Scary. Anyway, got it fixed. So, I went to Spin class today. That helped. I really wanted to go yesterday and I was disappointed that I had to miss a class AFTER I was already ready to go. Ugh.

MJ - I love volleyball. My daughter was in it for awhile, but she didn't make the team as a Freshman, so she is done. She enjoyed it, but just didn't have the height or the skills of some of the other girls.

Beverly - Hope you have a nice lunch with your mom! Sounds like fun.

ANewCreation - Congrats on losing the pound!! Yay!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #43  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. I planned and logged my food, did my exercises, drank my water, worked on eating more slowly, always left one bite of food on my plate and ate seated only. It was a good day. Plus.... I've lost two pounds since last week!

Today:
breakfast - apple, brown rice & egg whites with mushrooms and a little lite soy sauce

lunch - mushroom soup, cheese melted on rice cake, roasted veggies

snack - fiber muffin

dinner - turkey burger with cheese, sweet potato with lite margerine, salad, evoo, b.vinegar

snack - 1/2 c. cheerios

Anewcreation - wonderful on that one pound down!!! I imagine having DH count his calories was a huge eye opening experience. So glad you both did this.

slash - ugh...car trouble...double ugh when it make you miss a workout. Glad you got to your spin class later on!

Mj - your planned workout days sound like a GREAT idea. Tonight is VB - have fun. Hope it's a good discussion with your wellness coach.

Have a great day to anyone stopping by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-17-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #44  
mj5

Hi everyone! The gym was just what I needed after a loooooooooong string of meetings yesterday! Seriously, I just kinda waved hi and bye to my staff as I was coming and going yesterday....had a great workout!!!! And a great chat w/ my wellness coach. Talked about making the time to plan dinner and prep (as much as possible) the night before. Also we are both going to research how to change up my workout routine a bit.

Diane--Ok, it's official...we have the same life...I have TOTALLY done that before! LOL!!!! That stinks about your car!!!! I love volleyball too (It's a sport I can understand! LOL! I did NOT 'get' field hockey at all....) That's too bad your daughter didn't make it, I'm sure she will find (or already has) something she loves.

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Great job on the loss!!!! How is your "good foot" doing?

Volleyball tonight which will be fun. I am really looking forward to the weekend....no big plans, other than taking the dogs to the "spa" LOL!!!! (they are stinky beagles!!!) While they are there, I am going to the gym, then home to wash our blankets and put out new snuggly flannel sheets on our bed. Kinda nice to have a weekend w/out a zillion things to do.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #45  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Went to my son's football banquet last night. What a great time that was! I wasn't really looking forward to it because sometimes banquets like that can get a little boring. Oh not this one. It was so much fun. What a great group of coaches, too. My son, a freshman, left the banquet so pumped up and now he can't wait for football to start again. He's even excited about doing his workouts in the off season. Fun times.

I'm going to take off from work for the next two days. I need to get a bunch of stuff done, and I have the time, so I'm taking off. I'm still going in for workouts, but then I'll start the errand running.

MJ - I think that is one of the most difficult parts of losing weight, finding the time to prepare and plan good meals. It's way easier to throw stuff together, but then you don't get the beneficial meals. Very challenging!

Beverly - You are on a roll with losing weight, good for you! Your ticker looks like you are very close to moving into onederland! How great!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote