Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 12:04 AM   #16  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Anagram...I thought I was the only person in the WORLD who liked her soda at room temperature!

Jen...I completely agree with you re: the food vs. other addictions. We can't just not eat...

BethAnne...I also seem to have done something to my lower back...I think it might be the horribly uncomfortable driver's seat in our van...I took some Advil, which seems to be helping, so hopefully I will be better tomorrow.

Can't remember who said they didn't feel strong enough to incorporate a cheat day....I am in the same boat with you, though. When I really start to feel like I am making my eating plan a lifestyle rather than a diet, I will be ready.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:16 AM   #17  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey all Just to let you know I had a wonderful interview andwas hired on the spot. that does not happen in nursng no matter how bad they want you. and I start today!! so off to work. I will be a bit scarce but stillhere if just browsing/lurking but here none the less. I am still in the challenge but habe limited time. so if you do not see me for a while do not worry!!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:22 AM   #18  

That's great news, Sue!!!! Congrats and best of luck on the new job - I hope you love it!
Old 07-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #19  
Losin It For GOOD!

Sue that is AWESOME NEWS!!!
here's some dancing banana's for you.

I am having a very hard time finding inspiration to do this lately.

Completely blew the food thing yesterday, but got the water and the exercise so that's good...

My back is feeling a LOT better, just kinda stiff today, so that's good.

On the other hand, DH has turned into a complaining maniac and is making me quite crazy and pissed off.

Haven't heard from the landlord yet about the dog situation, which is ALSO making me crazy and pissed off. If I haven't mentioned yet, we've found the dog we want, everything is all worked out to make it happen, we just need to hear from the landlord which is taking forever and 7 weeks!!! In the meantime, there are thunderstorms scheduled to come through today, and Oreo is home alone... Hopefully my mom will be able to go take care of her!!

I have weigh in tonight, and I'm quite non commital. I really just don't care. It's kinda wierd, I don't know what is up with me. I'm sure if the scale is up, I WILL care... but we'll see.

TTFN..
Old 07-30-2002, 10:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking Ain't life grand?

Just went to the cafeteria, here at work, to buy some water and the lady that works there noticed that I've some weight . That sure can make a persons day.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

So proud of myself, for getting in my water. Had to buy it, so that I have some way of making sure that I drink enough today!
Old 07-30-2002, 11:14 AM   #21  

Oh happy day!! Another hot hot and humid filled day. But thankfully am stuck in my freezing desk. Survived an OP day yesterday. Didn't get in any exercise though. But am aiming high today.

NASUS..WOOHOOOO CHICKIE!!! Oh, am so glad to hear you got it! Yay! How was your first day?

bella..10 lbs!!!! Yay!!!!! You are meltin away!!

Everyone seems to be holding their own. This is a rough time of year for so many, including me. I am really positive that the challenge that Sandi (JacobsMommy) started us all on is really the trick that we all needed. Thanks Sandi!!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:12 PM   #22  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well, I'm here, and other than not being able to sleep for t he last couple days, doing good... I think... got the kids back yesterday, they are on a strictly week to week basis right now, but they've been absolute angels the last 4 times I've had them....so, maybe I can still keep my mini income, which will come in handy while I pay off my hospital bill, which luckily, for just the hospital costs, I only have $317 left to pay, the doctors bill and the tech's bill haven't come in yet...

not spending much time online this morning, don't know about this afternoon, been on too much, going to set some downloads to go, and hang out with the kids, get my workout out of the way... maybe watch some trashy daytime tv while the kids sleep...lol who knows...

Sue... that is fantastic... getting hired on the spot like that means you must have really impressed them!

Beth Anne... I've also been running hot and cold about this whole thing, and I've noticed that right around this time of year in general, I tend to binge more, and even though I quit smoking when I was pregnant with Ravyn, right around this time is when I tend to crave smokes too, even though the smell makes me positively ill... I started up smoking twice since I quit, not this time though, I've been almost a year totally smoke free, so I think I can fight it

Jennelle and anagram, and anyone else drinking warm drinks... BLEAH....lol, I hate anything at room temp...and I don't like most hot drinks, I even ice my coffee

Ok, well, I just wanted to pop in and say hellooooo... lol, now I'm gone...didn't want anyone on my messengers to think I croaked or ended up in the hospital again...lol it's not often that I'm not on these days...
Old 07-30-2002, 12:49 PM   #23  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi all!! Having another OP day here. I have done sooo poorly lately, it's almost hard to believe that I am trying. This challenge has saved me.

Been feeling kinda poorly lately, so I made a Dr. appointment for Thursday. I am going to get a complete physical.

Sue - WAY TO GO!!! That is os awesome!! Hired on the spot!! How do you like that!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 01:01 PM   #24  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Susan! WTG! I know the money coming in is a huge relief.

BethAnne...When I went to weigh in last week, I felt the same way. Even after I weighed in and had my big loss, it was like, "Okay, good for me, but now it's time to move on." Usually I would have been jumping around like a wild woman! I've been doing a lot of soul searching over the past two weeks, and I think I sorted out a lot of the "whys" behind this weight loss journey of mine. I just feel more at peace...more at ease with myself...I just seem to have more "quiet determination."

PNG - Good for you for staying away from the evil weed! I admire anyone who has quit - it's so hard! I was an on-and-off "social smoker" in high school, and when I graduated I actually took it up for a day or two before I realized I really didn't want to be a smoker. I think it was a craving from being exposed to secondhand smoke my entire childhood (both parents were smokers - my stepdad, about 2 1/2 packs a day).

School starts next Monday...Teachers are back on Thursday. Say a little prayer for me.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:37 AM   #25  
Losin It For GOOD!

As some of you may know, I've been pretty discouraged lately, and for some reason could NOT get myself back on track. I would start the morning out with great intentions, and have screwed up by 11 am, and then could not find the motivation or will power to pick myself up and get back on the train!!

It was so bad that I can't even tell you what I've eaten the last two days, and That is VERY unusual for me. Normally even if I am eating like a cow, I can remember what I've put in my mouth.

Well thank GOODNESS for my WW meeting, and ESPECIALLY my leader Wendy. (There has got to be some divine reason why she has the same name as my mother!) I went last night, found out the scale was up, (only 1.6 lbs which is NOTHING) AND got enough motivation to remember what the heck I am doing this for. So as of this morning I am BACK ON TRACK! Yippee!

I'm going on a mini-vacation starting tomorrow. Eating within points will be REALLY hard, but I'm not too too worried about it because where we are going you walk EVERYWHERE! 2 years ago this was my first week on WW, and without drinking, eating totally off program, I lost 7 lbs just from walking. It's a huge festival, and you have to walk to get to anything.

Obviously, I'm not going to use that as an excuse to eat whatever I want, but at the same time, it is a difficult eating situation, as you are technically not supposed to bring in your own food, and all the food they have on site is fattening! (Cheese pizza, sausages, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.) But I am confident that I can "sneak in food!" and also make good choices about what I do eat! (peanut butter and jelly here we come!)

We're also camping which is always fun, so I have control over breakfast and lunch at least. But it does get hard because you get REALLY HUNGRY doing all that walking! But I suppose if I am hungry, I am allowed to eat, its just what I eat that counts! (High fiber cereal here I come!)

I bought a backpack that has a water sack thingy in it that holds 2 liters of water. That's the other hard thing, I HATE going to the bathroom up there because there are only porta potties, the real toilets are pretty far away from everything else. But I'm sure I'll survive somehow!

How is everyone else doing? I'm feeling great, and SO glad to be back on track and "On Fire!"
Old 07-31-2002, 12:06 PM   #26  

Default Somedays are harder than others......

I've just realized that I need to lose enough weight to equal a whole 'nother person! When I started I needed to lose 147 pounds! Neither one of my sisters even weigh that much! So I have to lose the equivelant of them PLUS some! The thought kinda depresses me . I realized last night, that I've lost more than my 5 month old weighs, and am on the heels of losing the equivelant of my 16 month old son. I should probably be happy about that, but for some reason I'm not. I started this morning out great (mentally) but over the past hour have gotten more depressed about. I'm not going to fall off the wagon, I'm not go to fall off the wagon, I'm not going to fall off the wagon... I've almost gotten down half my water already , which has been my biggest hurdle. But a teeny, weeny, tiny part of me is asking what's the point? That's just too much. I will be strong and try to remember that it could be worse. I could have gained what I've lost already. I need some positive thinking vibes..... Lady's please don't let me slip and fall off the wagon!
Old 07-31-2002, 12:53 PM   #27  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Dyan - Boy do I know where your coming from. I started only 1 lb less than you. It seems overwhelming. But just remember, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It didn't come on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. If 147 lbs is too big to imagine, think of it as 15 -10 lb segments. Or better yet, How about 6 25 lb segments. You almost done with one!!

What's the point? YOUR the point. You deserve this!!! But only you can do it, one bite at a time!!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:21 PM   #28  

Thanks Sandi!

I think I can manage thinking of it as 25 pounds at a time. I was sitting here trying to think of another way to think about it, and I think you've hit the nail on the head! I'm sitting here thinking, that is so simple, why didn't I think of that? But I guess I just got a little overwhelmed about the whole thing. Today was the first time I actually thought about the actual amount that I had to lose. I see it and say it alot, but I guess it just never really dawned on me until this morning.

SO again, THANK YOU I really needed that!

I've already gotten in all my water for the day, so that makes me happy

Old 07-31-2002, 02:39 PM   #29  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I think I know why people are feeling a bit off lately. It is almost August and you what that says to me...the summer is practically over and that makes everyone feel just a little blue. It also says to me that I have to go back to work in 6 weeks and that is enough to send me right into the ice cream!! Only kidding, I haven't indulged like that in awhile.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:09 PM   #30  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

hey Jen.. my favourite season is actually fall ! It finally gets cool enough that you want to be outside all day! I can't wait!!!

Today has been going pretty good so far - just need to get that blasted exercise in. Can anyone recommend a fun exercise video - all I have is Richard Simmons - I hate that guy!
Closed Thread