Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 08:43 PM   #16  
JML
Success Story!!!

Darn it. My favorite is the margarita. Haven't had one for a good two years, but it is my favorite mixed drink. Good stuff.

Good info, Slimdown.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:26 AM   #17  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

It figures...margaritas (on the rocks, not frozen) are my absolute favorite! I can't drink vodka for some reason...it's the only alcohol that makes me sick.

Jennelle
Old 06-24-2002, 12:13 PM   #18  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well, I'm here...looks like margaritas are the all around favorite...lol, even though that stuff means nothing to me, since my little bout with my gallbladder and liver, I've had 2 beers, total... they say my liver is fine, but it shut down once, and the half a beer I drank on it (not knowing) caused me some of the worst pain I've ever felt... so I don't want to abuse it and have it shut down on me permanently...

Well, I'm swollen, but not waiting any more to get back to working out... I've been adding some extra protien to my diet, I wonder if maybe that has anything to do with it... or maybe I'm just not getting enough water...( power drenching now)

So, I haven't kept up much on this thread, and it's so hard for me to get into one after so long, sooooo, I'm done for now...lol
Old 06-24-2002, 01:56 PM   #19  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi all!! I'm in the office today!! Can you tell??

Well, as promised, I started back today. Cleaned the house of junk food last night. And it's after lunch and I'm still doing good. Just talked with hubby and HE rememberd to take chicken out for dinner, so I'm looking forward to an OP day!!

On Friday we went to the Eagles concert. There were so many women there with really cute shapes, in cute outfits and adorable shoes. It really made me think again about what I am working for and how much I really do want this. It feels good to be trying again.

I'm kinda out of the loop, so I don't have personals, but I am trying to catch up. Geez you guys have been busy!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 02:37 PM   #20  

Another margarita lover here, even though I'm a party pooper for a drinking parner. I might have a drink once a year or even every two. (Not worth the price or the calories, and frankly I don't hold my liquor well. )

I'm falling behind in keeping up with posts. I apologize if I skip anyone. If I do, it's because I don't have an intelligent response.

Bella: You sound like a wonderful sister to have. Families need to stick together, so long as one isn't taking advantage of the other. My kids are 19 and 15 and as they grew up, I'd tell them that if they ever did anything to land themselves in jail, not to call me, because I'd leave them there. Don't get me wrong. I love them with my heart and soul. In order for them to THINK about their actions and consequences, I've told them that if they were in a situation that they knew wasn't good, that they could call me day or night and I'd get them, no questions asked. BUT if they are in that situation and don't call me until it's too late, then it IS too late. They need to THINK. In a nutshell, I guess what I'm saying is to lay down the rules and let sis know that you mean it. No messing around. She is lucky to have you and to have you care so much for her. Good luck.

JML: Never worry about "bragging" about a smaller size or lower pounds. It is the success stories of others that give some of us hope.

PNG: How are those teeth doing? Maybe you need a margarita, over ice, not frozen.

JacobsMommy: I think those little women at concerts are planted there to make the band look good. Who knows where they come from, but someday, girl, you're going to BE one of 'em. Hang in there. You have 36 off!!

Old 06-24-2002, 02:49 PM   #21  

Sorry I didn't post all weekend. I had a really emotional weekend but it's all better now. I have PMDD (really bad PMS) and once TOM starts, it's over. Not to many people can say that they look forward to TOM but I sure can. I wasn't totally OP this weekend, but it wasn't bad either.

My sister is coming tomorrow and isn't staying for as long as I thought. My father decided that he doesn't want her staying any longer then a month. It's up to him.

My husband comes home to visit in a little more then a week, I can't wait.

Well that's all for me. I'll try to chat more later.

Bella23
Old 06-24-2002, 09:32 PM   #22  

Hello, all. I'm still having trouble getting online. Something about Ameritech ruining some equipment of the ISP. At least that's THEIR story!

Things are good here. Mom and I went to the community theater yesterday to see a show of songs from b-way plays that will never be staged in a small venue. Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Phantom, etc. It was excellent. The daughter of one of my best friends (the bass player) was in it and did an excellent job.

I lost another 3 lbs last week. That makes 60 total. I'm pretty psyched!

I haven't time to post to everyone. I'm sorry, but I'm always afraid I'm going to lose my online status!!

Bella, I'm kind of sorry that your sis WON'T be staying with you. I has to be very tough on her to have the step-monster treat her so wrongly! Best of luck to both of you. And dh coming home!!! Wa-hoo!! How long is leave? And where is he stationed, again? Sorry I don't remember.

BA, so glad Oreo is at 'home' with mommy again!! I know how much you love her.

Sandi, glad you're back. Just keep yourself accountable to us...we'll whip you into shape!!

Jennifer, how's the new place? I KNOW you're ecstatic!

OH, and by the way...we must ALL be Marguerita lushes!! Count me in! I also don't ever get them. I had one on my b-day in April. It was probably the 1st one in 3 years! OH, man, was it good!!

PNG, I'm wondering about the mouth thing, too. And where have you been lately on AIM? I miss you! Or did I bother you so much that you had to put me on the ignore list!!!???

JML, great job. I LOVE to clothes shop!!

Hi to all you other faithful posters...I've been naughty lately!! I'll catch up...I hope! I'm busier in the nice weather, so if I don't get here as often as I should, just know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Gayle
Old 06-25-2002, 08:45 AM   #23  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi everyone,

I'll be reading posts, but I'm not going to be typing many replies for a little bit because my arm is bothering me and I'm so slow one-handed. I may have strained something. Take care.

Jeanne
250/200/145
Old 06-25-2002, 08:55 AM   #24  

IMHO we should re-name this thread "Margaritaville".

We could all go out Saturday night and, say at 10 pm, order a Margarita. We could have a 3FC party. WOOHOO

Hey, it was a thought.

Okay . . . I just go back to work.

annie
Old 06-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #25  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well Girls, there is at least one of us checking in saying Margarita?? EEEEWWW. Sorry, I'm not much of a drinker, and don't like anything that tastes like alcohol.. so I figure what's the point? Besides I have the alcohol tolerence of a 3 year old.. only half a smirnoff ice and I couldn't speak correctly.. it was pretty amusing. I think its from some of the meds I used to be on, just permanently affected my system. But it definately helps in the point counting thing!

Well girls, today is the first day of the rest of my life. yes, I'm going 100% back On Program starting TODAY. I know I will NOT make my goal by my birthday on Saturday, but that's ok.

I thought it might be a good idea to set some goals for myself each day, and to FORCE myself to have a DAMN GOOD reason to not make any of them.

So, here are my goals for today:
1. Eat within 5 points of my daily point range (I'm only allowed to go 5 points over the top).
2. Walk for 1/2 hour with Oreo.
3. Drink 64 oz of water.
4. Write EVERY BITE down.

I know I can do that. I figured make them enough of a challenge to be challenging, but accomplishable.

Well I have to get some work done..
I would post individuals, but I'm so far behind on this thread I could never do it!
Old 06-25-2002, 11:13 AM   #26  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I had to go and buy a bathing suit today because I am taking Drake to Aquatots starting next week. It was pretty easy to buy him a pair of trunks less so for me circling the plus sized racks at WalMart. I didn't want to try one on there because I had him in the shopping cart and you can't exactly take the whole cart in the change room with you. so after eyeballing the suits for about 15 minutes I chose a size 18 and said lots of prayers. The cheapest size 20 was $35 and the size 18 was $20 so I was hoping it had enough give in it to fit. And it did!! I tried it on after Drake went to bed for his nap and I was pleasantly surprised to discover it fit. I doubt I could fit into any pants sized 18, after all swimwear is a law unto itself but I just felt really good about fitting into something sized in the double digits that didn't begin with a 2.

Take care all.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #27  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Beth Ann.. I had to laugh.. I thought you said you were taking a bag of oreos with you on your walk! then I remember you have a dog named oreo

Sara and I went strawberry picking this morning
here are some cute photos..
http://homepage.mac.com/danaking/PhotoAlbum20.html
Old 06-25-2002, 11:34 AM   #28  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Dana - Sara is such a cutie pie! And look at that strawberry! It's nearly as big as her head!

Jen - You've given me the courage to go buy a bathing suit! I really need one for vacation, but have been chicken up 'til now. DD bought a tankini this year, and it looks really good on her. (She's got less of a waist than me, but MUCH better thighs!) I might try that route. You're right about the expense...bathing suits are really expensive!!

Bella - How were you finally diagnosed with PMDD? I am wondering if I have it, but my symptoms fluctuate. Some months, I just suffer the usual sore breasts/bloat/acne thing, but other months I fall into horrible depression....crying jags and sleeping all the time and the whole bit. Those are the months when I can't WAIT for TOM to show up!

Jennelle
242.5/224.5/140
18 lbs. down

Next mini-goal: 215 by July 12
Old 06-25-2002, 11:57 AM   #29  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Frozen Strawberry Margarita Ü

K, that's my vote! LOL!! I'm not much of a drinker anymore... I drank enough in college.... But every once in awhile, I love to get something good. When I was visiting CA in May (my sis lives in Newport Beach), we ate at El Torito one night.... and had many wonderful margaritas <GRIN>.

WTG Jen on the size 18 swimsuit! That's wonderful!!! I have a couple swimsuits that I dig out when needed. I only wear them once or twice a summer, so they're in like-new condition, lol! We love taking the boat out on the lake (Wissota, Otter, Popple... there are lots of lakes & rivers up here). But I normally just wear shorts & tshirts then.

I did pick up a pool pass yesterday... so we'll see what the summer brings! The kids would be there every day if possible
Old 06-25-2002, 12:14 PM   #30  
Losin It For GOOD!

Some advice:

I've found some GREAT (aka FLATTERING!) bathing suits at Fashion Bug... and I believe they are having a sale this week!

My bathing suit is a 2 piece (if you can believe it!) the bottoms have a cute skirt, and are high waisted (to cover up my WHOLE belly) then its a long top that goes over the bottoms.. all in all very cute, and very flattering!
Closed Thread