Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 01:29 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default #160 It's Summertime!!!

And I hear the tune from Will Smith playing in my head... I guess it helps I'm listening to it on the radio too.

Can you believe its officially summer? It's also our 11 month wedding anniversary... I can't believe that in 1 month we will have been married for a year! How time does fly.

It sorta hit me like a ton of bricks today that I have lost 30 lbs. That is huge! that is Tremendous! That is one damn heavy bag of dog food! Rather than letting myself get down for when I'm not perfect, I need to focus on how far I have come, even if I still have a long way to go.

I'm on my way to pick up my fur baby (Oreo, black lab for those that don't know) on my way home from work today... I cannot wait!! I got her kennel all set up last night so she has her "cave" and got her food and everything... its like a dream to have a dog again after at least 3 years without one. Especially her I think she will be happy, she looked quite forlorn to see me hauling off her kennel and food and stuff and leaving her last night. She has visited the apartment and definatley likes it. That will also be motivation to move my butt every night to take her for a walk!

Other than that, have a fairly busy weekend, have to get ready for the big baby shower sunday, get greg's motorcycle, see Lilo and Stitch or Scooby Doo.. It'll be fun!

Hope you all have a mahvelous weekend!
Old 06-21-2002, 02:30 PM   #2  

BethAnne:

Wow! You're doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Are you planning to go somewhere special for your 1st anniversary? We recently celebrated our 22nd anniversary, but we didn't do anything special - now that we are 40-somethings we get tired out by 9 pm. LOL

I have a dog from the animal shelter and she is part lab. She is wonderful. Many people in my area have labs, simply because they are such good dogs especially for kids. Our dog and our DS literally grew up together. She lets him do anything to her.

You do know, don't you that once you start taking a dog for walks, they don't let you forget it? LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Jenniffer, enjoy your new place.

annie
Old 06-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #3  

Well today was an emotional rollercoster day. I have gotten all worked up in a good way about the scrapbooking thing. I have done a lot of looking at stuff on the internet. Then I get off and get a call from my sister (14 years old) and guess what she told me. She was arrested last night. She snuck out of my dad's house went with friends and got caught by the police. Everyone, including her, was drinking. They called my father before he went to work (5am) and he had to go to the police station an pick her up. Now he has to take her to court on Monday. She will be getting a fine and won't be able to get her drivers licence till she is 18 years old. My dad is worried because he is strapped for money as it is and they could get a $300.00 fine. So my sister won't be able to be around her friends any more, I have her for the summer. And maybe for the school year as well. My husband is ok with it, but worried that she is going to pull that crap on me. I don't think she will.

So, now I have to spend this weekend getting the house ready for her to stay with us. I am going to have to get another bed and put my girls in the same room. I'm not going to do that untill after my husband comes home though. And if she does stay with me for the school year, my father is going to have to sign custidy over to me so I can include her on my insurance and get her in school and all that fun stuff. JOY!!

Well enough for me venting. Hope everyone has had a better day.

Bella23
Old 06-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Bella, maybe I am way off base but I have to let you know what your post said to me. I don't know the details of the whole situation naturally and maybe this is par for the course behaviour for your sister. I gotta say this though. I think it is really wrong of your parents to foist your 14 year old sister off on you and your husband and your children. Maybe for a couple of weeks just so they can all think about what happened a bit but the whole summer and possibly the school year after that?!? Hey, this girl is their responsibility not yours. Yes you are her sister but that doesn't make you her parents. The whole thing may sound like it will be okay right now but it is really going to change your whole life whether you want it to or not. Are your parents going to give you money to cover food, clothes, entertainment etc etc for your sister? And what about your scrapbooking that you are so excited about? I don't want to see you give up on that because you now have another person to look after. Also your husband says now that it is okay but how is he going to feel in a couple of months having another person around the house and underfoot all the time, wondering if he's going to get a 5am phone call. Lastly but not least, your children are going to have to share you with someone else and frankly I think they deserve 100% of your time. You've got your kids to raise, you shouldn't be having to raise your sister as well.

I'm sorry if you take this as being offensive, I just don't want you to be sorry a few months down the road. This all happened in the past 24 hours. I think a lot of important decisions have been made rather quickly without time to really think things through. I hope it all works out for you. Take care.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:25 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

HMMM I do not know what to say to you bella. except that you are a wonderful person. ths is something I would do. Do not put off the scrapbooking thing especially now. you will need that for yourself and especially to help with the bills and keep your sanity, maybe you will teach her how to doit and she can help!!! but you need to be home to keep up with her too!

Beth Anne you are doing fantastic!!!! way to go. and yes you must focus on the positive you have done wonderful!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #6  

Let me give you a little bit of background.

My mom died when my sister was 6 and I was 17. Less then a year later my father met my step mom. I have never had a problem with her and she was great with my sister untill she had my little brother. After that my sister was put on the side lines. My step mom, being the only mom my sister remembers, treats her VERY bad. She lies about my sister, she has physically assalted her, and constantly tells her that she is worth less. After my mother died, my father was always scared that we (my moms kids) would get mad and hate him if he made us do anything. For me it wasn't a big deal, I tured 18 soon after her death and for my other brother who was 15, he got into drugs, and the bad crowd. He has since cleaned his life up and joined the service. Then my younger sister was left. This isn't something that I just decided. My husband and I have taken her for weeks over the summer and she is a different person with me and him. My dad lets her do what ever she wants and when she is with me she has rules and chores and all the other regulations she is supposed to have. I like to think that I treat her more like my mother would if she was still alive. I just think that if I could give her a little of what my mom gave me then she would be much better off then always fighting and being put down by my step mom. My dad is at the point that he just doesn't know what to believe. He wants to believe both my step mom and my sister and that just causes lots of problems. So I figgured that if I had her for the summer, then she could help me out with my girls (who love her to death) and she could try to get her live back in order. She has expressed to me that she might want to attend school down here if my father would let her so that she didn't have to go back to the peer pressure at her old school. I would also be getting the social security check that my father gets for her from my mom's death. That would help and yea my father would help out with what he could. Right now she has to work for what she wants anyway so that would be the case when she gets here as well.

As far as my scrapbooking thing goes, it would be easier to do with her here. If I had to take some time away from the girls to do it, she would be able to watch them.

Also since my husband won't be home till October at the earliest, it wouldn't affect him much. There is also a chance he will have to be there till October of 2003. It wouldn't hurt us on cost much because my fater would help and as far as insurance, it wouldn't go up if we added one more.

Since I helped my father raise my sister after my mom died, I do feel responsable for her. I know I'm not, but my dad is to the point of trying to see about getting her in boarding school. I would rather try my hand at helping her first. I have also made the decission that if she is to much for me to handle then I will send her back to my father. But I really don't think she is as bad as everyone else thinks she is. I also think she is worth the effort.

I hope that helps you understand. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing. I have thought a lot about it.

Bella23

Ps. I'm sorry that was so long
Old 06-21-2002, 10:29 PM   #7  
gbo

Bella....... If you all are going to do this be prepared. Don't even think she won't pull stuff on you! It's a tough age and this is when they test their boundries, big time! I guarantee you , you will hear....."you're not my Mother"..... more than once. You just watch. Make sure your rules of life are established with little sister
before she gets there and what consequences she will face should a problem occur. Believe me it will save you a lot of heartache if you do. Been there done that. You can work it out if you are in agreement to begin with. Still a lot of work involved but it can be done well with just a little prep work. Good luck and may you all find a good balance.

Jeniffer....... NY is totally expensive! We bought this house with 2500 sq feet, a double garage,a pool, three acres and all for $89,000.00 I think I would move too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after three day's of headaches and hives, I decided this was just to crazy for me. I told Mom today..... look Honey I love you more than almost anything on earth but I can't be tore up and crazed all the time. I am getting sick myself. I can't function,and it's getting worse..... so I have given great thought to this situtation and it is in your hands not mine. I can't force feed you, I can't make you choose life you have to do that for yourself. I will help you in any way I can but it is up to you. If you choose death, so be it. I can not make this choise for you, obviously , nor can I carry the pain forever. Eat or starve that is purely your choise and you have to answer to God for that choise not me. About a half an hour later she got up herself and ate a short cake, just the cake but it was a start and of her own volition. I have calmed down considerably and let it go. Whatever happens is outside of my control or wishes and even in this situtation I have no say. I am content with that and have started to get better although TOM dropped by for a visit last night. I am not OP but not due to the stress, rather due to the finances. We have to eat what we have until July and at that second I shall get the OP things I need. I am not being crazy by any means but being on Low carb at this moment is just not possible. Thank God it will be July shortly! I am concentrating on my remaining children Chi being the only one left of my babies. I shall shower her with all the love I have until her time too comes to and end. Tasha is my mainstay and sleeps on my arm, she too is a baby. The other two are dear and loving pets but not babies. Perhaps in time that shall change. They are so young who knows what the years may bring but regardless...... I am so grateful for all the years of love and tptal devotion my babies have given me. It hurt like all Billy...
but I would do it again and again for all that my babies gave and shared with me for so many years. One day we'll be together. Until then there is so much beauty in life and so much more for me to enjoy. My Uncle is free and suffers no more. I begin again to rejoin life..... Serenely. Take all the gusto and clutch it close.
Pam
Old 06-22-2002, 10:44 AM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Bella, I'm so glad that you posted. I'm just relieved to hear that this is not something being forced on you and that you guys have really thought about it. Now I say you are completely right and I think you'll do very well by your sister.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:45 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Bella - You are a wonderful sister to do what your are doing. I hope your little sis appreciates what a huge sacrifice you are making for her!

Maybe your sister's underlying problem is that, being a blossoming woman, she's really beginning to miss the mom she never knew but is afraid to express her feelings. I can't imagine being six years old and losing my mom. I know it certainly wasn't any easier for you losing her at 17, but you do have many memories of your mom that your little sis doesn't. Those are things that you can share with her that she will treasure forever. Maybe you could make a scrapbook of things that made your mom the person she was - a little glimpse into the woman that she was - and give it to your little sis as a gift.

Another thing - is there any way you could get some low-cost counseling for your sister? Even just a few sessions, combined with the much-needed boundaries and limits she'll be getting under your roof, might help her get a handle on things.

I wish you the best of luck. Your sister is so blessed to have you. You're an angel.

Jennelle
Old 06-22-2002, 10:05 PM   #10  
JML
Success Story!!!

Bella - I wish you all the best with your sister. She's so lucky to have you!

Forgive me, but I need to brag a little. I have finally lost enough inch-wise where I have finally HAD to face that I can no longer wear most of my blouses and pants, leaving me with no choice but to go shopping, which I did today.

I actually bought 2 pairs of pants in the misses section today. I've been wanting to do that for years. It's been a long time. I got a couple of white blouses too in a smaller size than what I had. Without the white blouses, I wouldn't be able to wear my brown paisley flowery type print skirts. I certainly can't wear my turquoise shirt with them. -- or my navy blue blouse. I'm not good with matching colors (I had to be TAUGHT that stripes don't go with prints), but there are some things that even I can tell look bad.

It was so weird having such a large selection of clothes to look through AND to have more than one thing fit AND to not have to get EVERYTHING that fit just because I was desperate. I had to actually make choices. I'm not used to that.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Jeanne
250/201/145
Old 06-23-2002, 11:48 AM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Remember Me!!

Hi everyone!! Remember me? It's been weeks since I posted. I do 99% of my posting from work. For the past 2 weeks, I have been teaching off-site where there is limited or no internet access so I have had to skip the boards. I miss you guys all so much. Next week doesn't look much better. I am off-site Tuesday - Friday. I may just have to start finding the time from home, like I am today.

I have not been very OP for the 2 weeks that I have been gone. But tomorrow is Monday and you know how I like to start on Mondays. So tomorrow I give it another go. Yesterday I ordered this new workout system. The FIRM, it has 3 tapes (abs, scuplting and aerobics). I can't wait for it to come it. I'm not going back to WW, but I will weigh in at home tomorrow. The switch from WW at night to home in the am will show me lighter, but then the following week should show true results. I'm not sure if stopping WW is smart, but my buddies that were gong with me switched days and I don't stay for the meeting by myself and I am tired of paying money to have someone weigh me. I can do that myself.

I miss you all bunches!!
Old 06-23-2002, 12:03 PM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jacob's Mommy! I bought four of the Firm tapes at Sam's Club. I haven't started them yet because I'm going out of town for a week and a half at the end of this week, and I don't want to start and then have to stop. I'm excited, though. Three of the tapes are toning tapes: an upper body tape, a legs tape, and an abs tape. The other one is like a super killer hope-you-can-live-through it tape. It'll be a while before I get to that one! Now, I just need to get hubby to build me a step-up box. I can't see spending money on it when he's got all the stuff in his shed to build one.

JML - You're SUPPOSED to brag here, silly! Better-fitting clothes are one of the best benefits to weight loss, I think. I totally know what you mean about having to just buy what fits rather than what you really like. That's why I hate shopping right now! I'm looking forward not only to wearing the oodles of size 10 and 12 stuff in my closet, but to buying more stuff when I get too small for the 10's!

Jennelle
242.5/224.5/140
18 lbs. gone

Next Mini-Goal: 215 by July 12
Old 06-23-2002, 02:21 PM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Hi Sandi.. nice to hear from you! It's hard to pay WW $10 a week when you aren't getting much from them. My leader's last week is this Monday.. I hope the next leader inspires me the way this one has. So far this is working.. I don't want to mess things up.

This weekend my girlfriend from Eau Claire came over with her family. I knew we were going to order pizza so I tried to save some points all week.. only banked 7 by Friday
I ate a lot of pizza!!!! But boy was it ever good!!!! Does anyone have any idea how many points? it was thin crust with green pepper, onions and cheese. I am guessing 4 points/slice. (you know the small squares ones) I think I had eight slices!!! oops that's like 32 points on it's own. That was the only nasty thing this weekend. Other then the pizza I've been on track

Tomorrow is weigh in - I am still hoping to lose 1-2 lbs still.

Been doing well on the water... 80oz on Friday and about 67 on Saturday - not bad for the weekend for me

Hopefully I will get a chance to go for a walk later today and do some more weekend damage control.

Dana
Old 06-23-2002, 03:04 PM   #14  
JML
Success Story!!!

Well, slimdown, you've had a couple difficult weekends in a row. First a family get together, then a get together with a friend. Those are the hardest times. Look at the bright side. You did bank some points during the week, and you can always get lots of walking in. Keep looking up.

Jeanne
250/201/145
Old 06-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #15  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Default thirsty?

I got this from an email.. thought I would pass the info on if you got thirsty

TOP 5 WORST DRINKS

1. Margarita in a pint glass (2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. margarita/sour mix, 1 oz. triple sec, lime juice, 1 tsp. sugar) - 550 calories

2. Mudslide (1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. Irish cream, 1.5 oz. vodka) - 417 calories

3. Long Island Ice Tea (1 oz. vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec, 2 oz. sour mix, splash of cola) - 380 calories

4. White Russian (1.5 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. cream) - 320 calories

5. PiŅa Colada (1.5 oz. rum, 1.5 oz. coconut cream, 3 oz. pineapple juice) - 293 calories

TOP 5 BEST DRINKS

1. Rum and Diet Coke (1 oz. rum) - 65 calories
TIP: Use diet sodas as mixers, such as gin and diet tonic, diet 7Up and Seagrams 7, diet ginger ale and Jack Daniels, and so on.

2. Vodka and Soda (1 oz. vodka) - 65 calories
TIP: Try this with flavored vodka, such as raspberry, vanilla, or mandarin.

3. White Wine Spritzer (4 oz. white wine topped with club soda) - 80 calories

4. Bloody Mary (1 oz. vodka, 4 oz. tomato juice, dash of Tabasco and pepper) - 90 calories

5. Light Beer - 100 calories
Closed Thread