Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 10:20 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Evening everyone. I had an awesome day. Got up early and cleaned the house, had our new kitchen table delivered (laminate top so Mr. jacob can't destroy it) and then my girlfriend from the city came in and we had lunch and went shopping (Steve stayed home with Jacob). It was so much fun and soooo relaxing. It's just what I needed!!

Welcome ChuChuville and mysterysquirrel. You have stumbled on an awesome place. The friends here are so wonderful and supportive. I'm glad to see you jump right it. How's it going?

PNG - Hope your feeling better soon!

1fralick - Hello friend...I remember you. We are always glad to hear from you!

Jiff - Looks like we were both shopping this weekend.

Bella - Yipppeeee!! That is awesome girl!! You keep up the good work. Your my inspiration!!

Jennelle - 6.5!!! WOW!!! That is great!!! Keep it up!! I know you can do it!!

Pam - Always making me think. It's funny but before I had Jacob I would have told you that I really didn't have any stress. I didn't understand "ALL STRESSED OUT" Maybe...just maybe...I never had stress becuase I ate through it. While everyone around me was dealing with what was going on around them and "stressing" I was just eating every time something got stressful so I never felt it. Hmmmmmm. What sis you come up with.

slimdown - How is Sara doing? My niece gets those alot, she's 5. cathater - Poor thing. Hope she's feeling better. I have really been thinking about what you said to Velevt about looking at your choices as "Can I live with this the rest of my life?" Those words keep ringing in my head as I am making choices. I am going to try and start thinking more like that. Thanks for the words!

Jennifer - How was Sum of All fears with our fav Ben?? Such a Hunk!!!

BA - Glad things are going a little better with hubby!
Old 06-01-2002, 11:06 PM   #17  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

HI All!

Success for a Saturday.. whoohooo!

I think that soon I will be ready to step down to the next points range - I am currently at 25-31.. I like the old program where I got those extra points. I am going to try this week to limit myself to 29 Today I had 28.5 - plus I am counting two exercise points - we went to the zoo and walked for about 1.5 hours.

Sandi - glad to hear you had a fun day! how old is Jacob? The best gift my dh gives is a day to go shopping by myself!! Last Christmas I went with my gf to Mall of Amercia (shoppers dream!!!) Did you buy yourself something special? I hope so!! I find the more I spoil myself the better mom I am
Sara is doing better - fever is gone - need to finish up the meds.

Welcome all newbies - the best advice is most here often - I really think it makes a difference on your journey!!

PNG - did your dh bring home something tempting? I now have dh doing ww with me (he is not going to the meetings, like me) so that helps a lot. He is using his PDA - so it's fun for him. He is still fitting regular soda into the program - he values it that much!

Have a great Sunday!!

Dana
235/224/212 10% mini goal 5th week on WW
Old 06-01-2002, 11:52 PM   #18  

Talking Saturday Night Post... :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! I've had a good day today.. made it on just the morning coffee and went to the park with my son, where we spent an hour walking.. after he played, of course.. why else go to the park if you're 7?

Someone mentioned that overweight people have poor stress management skills.. at first, it seemed like an odd thing to say, but the more I thought about it, the more I agreed. When something's wrong.. what do I turn to first.. food, pepsi, whatever. Is that dealing with stress, or just coating it with sugar, to make it seem less stressful? Well.. we all know the answer to that one..

I'll post more meaningfully in the days to come.. just takes time to get used to being in an online forum again!

See ya later!!

Laura
Old 06-02-2002, 01:01 AM   #19  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Hello Everyone,
I feel like I'm slipping this weekend. I'm just not on the ball at all, making bad choices for food, not putting enough effort into my morning workouts. I guess I'm just being lazy.
I even had the thought cross my mind to just forget the entire deal. Sometimes I think its just because I'm pushing myself too hard. I just have to take a step back, a big breath and focus on what I'm trying to achieve and why I'm doing it. I'm going to hang in there.

Welcome to the club ChuChuville and Mysterysquirrel, this is really a great group of people here.

PNG - I sure hope your feeling better soon, doesnt sound like much fun at all

Slimdown - How is your little girl by the way, I hope she is feeling better.

Time to visit the sandman now Tomorrow starts a new day and I'll be ready for it!

Traci
Old 06-02-2002, 10:32 AM   #20  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Morning All! Remember a few weeks back I faced up to the scale and I was up huge (10.8). I preached and preached that I was getting back on...doing it this time...not gonna fail. Well, I got on my scale this morning and I am up 3 or 4 lbs from that weight!!! So here I am again...starting over June 2. I'm kinda glad I weighed, got me going again today and not tomorrow. I REALLY don't want to weigh in tomorrow, but I am going to. Got to face the truth. See the numbers. So today I am back journalling every bite, drinking my water and moving my butt. I Pray that I can get back on this thing. I can feel the gain. My new jeans that were a 24 (down from a 30) are snug. And it's funny, I know I am screwing up by the reactions from other people or the lack of. When I was OP, people would always say how great I looked even if I hadn't lost any more. Now..nothing. And when I was OP and people saw me eating something not on my plan they'd joke "How many points is that?" Now...nothing. People are kind, they don't kick you when your down. But I feel it anyway. I know they know I am slipping, sinking fast. I am facing it, but evidently it's not enough.

So I have set up some new rewards. I am a jewelry Fanatic. I found a Peridot set that I like (August birthstone - pretty green) So here is my new 30 lbs rewards from my weigh in tomorrow:
10 lbs lost - Peridot Necklace
20 lbs lost - Peridot Earings
30 lbs lost - Perodot Ring
I HAVE to weigh in tomorrow because that what the rewards count from. I usually don't reward myself this much, but I am really trying to motivate myself. I want what I had.

I really need your help this time. I haven't really been doing well for 6 weeks now and I've gained 10 - 15 lbs in that short amount of time. I'm scared. The 10.8 lb gain SHOULD have been enough to get me back in gear...it didn't. I am really going to try again. Like I said...I started this morning. I MUST have this.

Last edited by Sandi; 06-02-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:56 AM   #21  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Sandi -

A week ago, I was right were you are now. I had gained 6.5 lbs, but that was almost half of what I had lost! I just took it one day at a time. I wish I had better advice....some sort of proclamation where the clouds open up and the angels start singing ... but I don't.

Really, I think you're on the right track now. You clearly realize that if you continue down this track, it's only going to get worse.

Think about how HARD you have worked to get where you are right now. You have gone from a size 30 to a size 24 - that's a TREMENDOUS SUCCESS! Do you really want to throw all that hard work down the drain? That thought is what got my butt moving again. The idea of all my work being for nothing really made me mad!

I like the reward system you've set up, but don't forget to look for the internal rewards as well. 32 pounds gone! Isn't your health better? Don't you breathe easier now? Isn't it easier to keep up with the kids now? Don't you have more energy? I'll bet your blood pressure is down, and probably your cholestorol, too. I'll bet you sleep better at night and get up easier in the morning. Do you really want to give all that up for more food?

If I can do this, you can do this. This is what you need to do today:

1. Drink your water.
2. Journal every single morsel of food that passes over your lips.
3. Write down ten external reasons and ten internal reasons why you want to be successful on this journey.

We can do this.

Jennelle
242.5/227.5/140
15 lbs. gone
14.6% of the way to goal
Old 06-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #22  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Sandi, I'm right with you... I had my gain last week, buckeled down to do better... now I'mm looking at even more of a gain... not that I wasn't good THIS week, but last week, and half of the week before, I was all off... they say it takes a week or more for it to show, well, it took it for me...lol but, I'm doing good, decent anyways, had too much ice cream yesterday, but, since I didbn't hardly eat anything else, at least I was still within my cals...even if it was fluff...lol

My whole body is still swollen, but I don't think it could be swollen to the type of gain I'm seeing today... well, we'll see tomorrow, I'm still super flushing on the water

Like Beth said, at least we all fall off, and get back on at the same time, we can help each other get up and dust off from it

Maybe there's something going on with the planets or something...lol (don't knock it, in my one art group, we all get severe block at the same time, usually when mercury is in retro... hmmm) but we WILL pull past this, and we WILL get back on track and we WILL lose
Old 06-03-2002, 09:29 AM   #23  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Good Mornin Sunshines

Sandi et all-
I have failed... Miserably. But that's ok. I'm getting back up. Hooray for Mondays, the start to a new week.. (It just SUCKS That its weigh in day for some of us, or day before weigh in day for me...)

I think I got overwhelmed by everything.. and just mentally couldn't deal with it all at once. Things are settling down. Rather than kick my own butt too hard, I've decided that until the move is over, I'm going to set a few goals for myself to accomplish, ones that I KNOW I can.

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
2. Get 30 minutes of some form of exercise in EVERY day. (Today it will be packing and cleaning the house.)
3. Write down EVERYTHING even if I go over my points.

I haven't been doing ANY of those things, which I think is why I've not been doing well. I'm lucky enough that my scale at home hasn't BUDGED, but we'll see the truth tomorrow night.

I got depressed again yesterday, but made it through ok. I think its just really hitting me that my parents are leaving. My dad didn't come home this weekend, and we were in church having communion, and he wasn't there to help hand it out. I think that's the first time I can remember that happening. It just hit me really hard that he wasn't just gone on a vacation... He was moving into his apartment in Pennsylvania.

I'm really hoping that Oreo (my fur baby) makes it through ok. I didn't know this until yesterday, but she's taken to sleeping under the basement stairs whenever possible. Apparently she saw Dad moving his recliner when he left last weekend, and she got really upset and tried to get into the truck to go with him.. and then he hasn't come back yet. Just puts all the more urgency on us moving, and getting unpacked as quickly as we can to get her out of there, so she can get settled and realize everything is ok. I just hate seeing her upset.. it really kills me.

This weekend was good... the camping/canoe trip was great. I ate like a pig, but also was canoeing for 5 hours (9 miles down river) which was a really good workout. My arms/shoulders/chest are still really sore from all the paddling.

Lets do this girls.. I know we can!!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:53 AM   #24  

Well my weekend was good. I had a few thing that were off the program but nothing bad. I didn't get a lot of exc. but I'll do it this weekend.

Well I don't have a lot of time right now, I have to get my house clean, I let it slide this weekend. So I will address you all later. Hope you all are doing good.

Talk later,
Bella23
Old 06-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #25  

Goodmorning everyone..

I survived this weekend without completely sabotaging everything. But it could have been better, of course.

I found out that I was invited to a wedding at the end of July. I want to be a size smaller by then. I know it's possible, and that I can do it. I will see alot of family members that I haven't seen in some time, so this is a nice goal.

gbo...53.5 lbs!!! WOOHOOO Chickie! That is really wonderful!!

Slimdown..How is your daughter feeling? I hope better. How awful for her.

bella..What an awseome loss!! Woohoo!! Sand the boat? That's alot of exercise!! lol

Jennelle...6.5 lbs! Woohooo!!! You must feel really good, and should!

Jiffy.. How was your shopping trip? I bet those pants were getting way to big!

mysterys.. Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home, this isa fabulous place!

1fralick..Oh, am so happy you popped in! Of course I remember you and think of you often. You are doing fantastic.

JacobsMommy. *BIG BIG TIGHT HUGS*

Zap..Hey there..are you feeling any better? Give yourself some credit for how well you've been doing. We all have some bad times.

BA..How's Oreo doing? I am sure it will be hard, the change. Just give it some time.

Hope everyone is doing well and smiling. It's a new month, new week..let's give it all we got.

Old 06-03-2002, 01:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I am not doing so well. I told my husband off this weekend. He was in a sound sleep and I woke him up and told him he was a jerk and I won't stand for it anymore. I turned on his archives in Yahoo and found he had a new girlfriend. It was quite explicit. I told him I hated him and didn't want anything to do with him right now. I also told him it's either him or me that will be moving out. My 2 children will be coming with me. Unfortunately I will have to leave 2 sweet little girls behind. I can't stand it anymore. He called me at work this morning. He wants to work things out. I told him he needs to get his life straightened around before he can think about us. I am still at home but that is because I have no place to go. I want to move out so bad right now. All I do is cry. With my brother going through the same thing right now I don't know how I can talk to anyone about it. I need a safe place to be. Right now all I do is hold my baby and tell her everything will be OK. She has been really fussy because she knows something is up. She just screams when my husband holds her. She knows her daddy is hurting me in one way or another. Dispite everything going on I have been good with food. I am trying to find other ways to deal with my anger which was cleaning the house. My kitchen is clean and the living room is pretty clean. I really only ate one or 2 meals this weekend. Right now I think my life could not get any worse. It can't. I should have known after the first time. The second time was bad but I guess they say 3 strikes and your out. 3 times how was I so stupid to let him hurt me so much 3 time. I am sorry I shouldn't go on like this. I just can't help it. He says he loves me but I refuse to tell him I love him because I don't.

Thanks for letting me vent. I don't know what I would do without you all listening to me. Sorry for ranting and raving so much. I must get back to work. Take care.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:12 PM   #27  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Oh Tamara!
I am so sorry that you are going through so much pain in your life right now. I wish there were words that I could make the pain you feel go away. My first marriage ended in divorce and it was so hard! - My first husband and I didn't have children together so I really can't imagine the things you feel.

I hope for you strength in the months to come. With all this turmoil you can only become a better person because of it.

No matter what direction you go in - remember that time WILL heal all wounds.

Dana
Old 06-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Thanks Dana

I hope things will get better. I just talked to my mother today about it. I told her I wanted to talk to my brother. Maybe he can help me with the betrayal feelings and the hatered I have right now. Thanks again.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:29 PM   #29  
Losin It For GOOD!

Tamara-
I am praying for you!! BE STRONG girl, be strong. I'm assuming you have 2 kids and there are 2 kids from a previous marraige?
Old 06-03-2002, 02:56 PM   #30  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Tamara I feel so bad for you. I unfortunatly know exactly what you are going through (I've been there myself) and it is hard!
There is nothing I can say to make you feel better, I wish there were. Just hang in there and stay strong, you'll get through this... that much I can say. If you ever just need to talk,vent or need someone to yell at drop me a note k ((HUGS))

Jen I'm feeling much better now, it was just a small case of the blues, thanks for asking.

My weekend wasnt a total blow out. I stepped on the scale today and it said I lost .5 pounds since Friday. So even though I overate on bad choices of food, I did get alot of exercise that must have made up for it a tad.

I will write more later, the dreaded work hours are sneaking up on me here

Take Care Everyone
Traci
Closed Thread