Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 10:51 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Hello... I'm New

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Tazz and I live in Ontario. I have been reading your discussions for a couple of days and I decided to join..

I have battled with my weight all of my life...I have lost and gained 100's of pounds and once again I have decided to lose weight..around 100 lbs.

Like most of you I am sick to death of the "you have such a pretty face" and "oh, I see you have put your weight back on". I too am outraged by the way both men and women treat me...based solely on my weight.

I am 38 years old and in a commonlaw relationship. We have two dogs and a cat. We both work fulltime and we are both too heavy...but somehow my weight seems to be more important to BOTH of us than his is. In fairness to him I was at my ideal weight when we met...

I just wanted to say hi and get involved in your discussions... Keep up the great work...you ladies are really honest and really motivating!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:11 AM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Welcome Tazz jump in on a few threads, have fun, and try to stay motivated. My hubby and I are both heavy, but we're working together, along with a male friend of mine in Iowa, so that way I have someone outside for when hubby brings home goodies...err...baddies

Tazz... wrasslin fan??
Old 04-18-2002, 01:39 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Tazz -

Welcome to our little family. Here you will find lots of support and encoragement!! Please feel Free to jump in on any of our discussions!!

WELCOME!! WELCOME!!
Old 04-18-2002, 01:43 PM   #4  

Tazz..If you knew the amount of lurkers we have here, you'd be shocked! I've "met" people who have lurked at this club for months and one time it was a year. So, with that being said, I am SO happy you decided to post and join us. It's a frustrating journey, but doing it with a wonderful group of people makes it one really possible and amazing journey. Please, post and read as often as you can...and make yourself at home. We can DO this together.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:07 PM   #5  

Welcome, Tazz.

Sandi's right, this is a lovely family. Come and join us in our common struggles. Have you chosen a plan of attack? I count calories and fat grams, and rely heavily on my little bag of tricks which includes many tips I've picked up here. I think that we all agree that slowly and surely is the best way for us to get to our goals...not that we don't get darned impatient at times...

Keep reading and posting. We look forward to getting to know you.

Oh, BTW, I always said that if I ever opened a fat clothing store I would name it "...But She Has Such a Pretty Face"!!

Love, Gayle
Old 04-18-2002, 07:34 PM   #6  

Welcome Tazz. You've come to the right place. There's all kinds of information, inspiration, and support here. Hope to see you here often.

Carol
Old 04-18-2002, 10:41 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

I offer you a "WELCOME!!!" and a "ditto" to all the ladies who already told you what a GREAT place this is.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:33 PM   #8  

hello, im also new here. been kinda nervous to post. only been a member for about two days now, on the suggestion of my friend PNG 2.

im a 26 yr old male, i weigh around 320 my heaviest was around 405 to 410 when i was about 14 yrs old. i am planning on 290 by aug 20th.

nice to be here will all of you
Old 04-20-2002, 03:58 PM   #9  

Welcome Mystic Poet. Glad you decided to join us. My husband has gone from 465 to 376 and is still working hard. I've gone from 332 to 301 since the first of the year. Maybe I can get my hubby on here if more men will post.

Carol
Old 04-20-2002, 05:58 PM   #10  
diamondgeog

Default nice to see another guy

hi Tazz and mysticpoet,

I keep thinking of that first Julia Roberts movie with your sign in, mp. A couple of things that I saw that were positive is that it looks like you are on the right direction and you have set a very reasonable time frame to get to 290lbs.

When I see someone with a reasonable time frame it makes me think that they are going about losing weight with smart steps. Of course many people disagree with me but I still say there is only 'one' way to lose weight and keep it off, burn off more calories then you take in. Heh. But seriously a low fat, low sugar balanced diet, cardio and weight training, eating slower and smaller portions, drinking lots of water, finding healthy snacks that taste good to you and healthy food in general that you like, and a healthy attitude really are the only way to do this. Doing those things will keep your metabolism up and you should not be losing too much muscle and water weight which happens with a lot of 'fad' diets.

I am still mind boggled by the billion(s) dollar diet industry when there is no secrect at all to losing weight and most of the alternatives are dangerous and plain don't work. Of course there is infinite variety in how you eat a balanced diet and get exercise so things like Richard Simmons which basically follows what I listed or weight watchers or Tae Bao for exercise are all fine and I don't object to people paying for those things at all. But keep up with getting better and better with healthy habits and the weight will come off, trust me. I don't know a single person in the world who hasn't lost weight doing the things I listed.

Larry

Closed Thread