Old 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

17th of August, that is 1 month of my directed effort (even though last week or so I have not been as consistent)
Accomplished:
17lb loss
Better eating: less outing, and better portion control.
More regular excercise, 20 days out of 30.
More walking: to/from car, parking further away, and walking to other buildings (like from building 13 to building 9, almost 2 blocks)
I've not used elevator except for twice this month (my office is on the 3rd floor): 2 exceptions were made when I was with a group running late to a meeting. Even if I went to lunch, even if I was on hills (which is most days), even if I had my laptop. I walked. I still breath heavy towards the 3rd floor, especially if I rush, but it is no longer scary.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Such great NSVs, everyone!

I've had lots of compliments lately because I've seen some fellow teachers for the first time in a few months. I haven't lost much weight this summer (maybe 5-10 pounds since they saw me) but I think my body has changed a lot anyway from all the running. Plus, I guess they'd kind of forgotten how much I'd changed. One woman guessed I must be wearing a size 6 now (I'm not) and others went on about how inspiring I am, so that was nice.

I took measurements yesterday and my waist was 29.5 inches. I probably haven't been under 30 inches since I was a teenager. I can't find my list of beginning measurements, but I know I was over 40 inches and possibly close to 45 just last summer. No wonder I can fit into chairs now!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 260/259/180

Height: 5'11

ive noticed lately that wearing heels doesnt hurt as badly....i had completely stopped wearing them for awhile because of the pain. i think this is because of the weight loss but im not sure. either way, yay!
watchhershrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #124  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Lisa, way to go! I got some of the same complements at school this week, and after looking back in my journal I've only managed to lose 10 pounds over the summer months. I think they're noticing the better tone more than the weight loss right now, on me at least!

This morning DH and I overslept just a bit and were running around getting ready for church. I hit the shower first, dried off and threw my towel over the top of the shower, not realizing he was heading into the shower. He took a towel with him, but then came out and said "Did you use this towel that's hanging on the shower?" I just nodded yes to him, and he responded "Man! You're not even big enough to get the towel wet anymore, this towel isn't even damp!" Gotta love him!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #125  

I love your husband's comment, Kelly!! So cute!

I think the difference in tone is what people are responding to with me as well. I had lots of comments again yesterday, which was nice, but they were mostly from students I ran into.

One student, who didn't know I was listening, was singing about me to another one, to the tune of the song "Stacey's Mom": "Mrs. _____ has got it goin' on...." Heehee!

Another student told me she didn't recognize me at first, and another one called me skinny and then he suggested I must be on drugs to be getting so thin!

My other NSV yesterday is that I did some shopping for clothes for school, and I bought size 12 shirts (they could be a bit looser, but they fit) and two skirts -- a size 10 that's comfortable and a size 8 that I can button and zip but can't wear yet because it's too tight. They were from H&M -- I don't know if their sizes run large or average. Anyway, buying single digit sizes is still kind of freaking me out!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #126  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I love reading this forum....it's so encouraging.
I had a couple of NSV's this week. I bumped into a mom from school at a childrens festival this weekend. I haven't seen her since the end of school, and while she didn't say that I looked thinner, she did say that I looked younger. Hey...I will take that compliment anytime!!
Also, my dh bought me a leather jacket a couple of years ago.....couldn't pass up a good $$$deal even if the darn thing was 4 sizes too small. I tried it on yesterday, and while I still can't get the buttons done up (I can pull it closed), the arms and shoulders fit perfectly, and I'm sure by the fall I will be wearing to on a regular basis!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #127  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Those are great NSV's everyone!

SO cool Dea, I have a dress I have been waiting 14 years to wear! I am almost there.

I got a compliment a few days ago!

My dd has a friend at school and I have met her parents many times as they live a few blocks away. But they just started playing together again.

A few months ago I was walking with kids to the bus stop 15 minutes away and a van slowed down and some guy in glasses asked if we needed a ride. (This happens often lol) I said no thanx we are going the other way. And he said he could go that way. (Karolina whispered to me, thats Melody's dad mom!) hahah SO it was someone we at lets knew. I said still no thanx, I am getting exercise and need to lose some weight and he said okay and went on.

Well I am out walking by myself a few days ago and a van slows down and its him and a friend and he yells out, "So how much have you lost now?"

I said, "75 pounds!"

He said, "You look good!!!"

I said "Thanx !" And of course I had to run home and brag to my hubby who was quick to inform me that I look better than good!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I went shopping today. I bought 2 jackets - sz medium! Yes, they're too small, but it's Memphis in the summer! By the time the weather cools off they'll be fine because right now the Large fit!!! I could get the M on and it fit through the shoulders and arms...just too tight in the middle. (Alas, most things go this way with me.) Also, I bought SEXY LINGERIE! Haven't done that in a few years! It's the CUTEST nightie with matching panties....sz L!! Can't wait to show DH!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #129  

It's my first day back to work and I've had tons of compliments all day, which feels great, but the best part is this: I've had on a size 8 skirt all day and it's perfectly comfortable! And it's above the knee, and I think my legs look pretty good!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Way to go, ladies! Isn't the clothes thing cool? And the sad part is, I don't remember a specific weight when clothes shopping started to suck, but each time I go down a size or look good in another style, it's like getting a little part of my life back. Why didn't I fight to keep that? Why did I let it get so out of control? Makes me wonder if part of my brain quit working for a while.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 297/232.8/150

Height: 5'8

I had some NSVs last week when I went back to school. Three people mentioned my weight loss I was happy the whole week. I didn't think anyone would say or notice anything, but I am happy they did.
Ally88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #132  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I used to come round here and post NSV's, but my wedding and a cross-country move got in the way. Now that I'm up 8 pounds, I am ready to start moving and post more NSV's.

This is my third day tracking my food again, after a long hiatus. Wahoo!!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #133  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

The NSV's are always so inspiring.
Well I've one to report today. I can sit down and cross my legs at the knees . I haven't been able to do that for ages and ages( I can't remember the last time I could, so it can easily be 10 yrs), it feels nice.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I had to go clothes shopping today for an upcoming event and I didn't end up trying to hold back tears in the changing room. LOL. Grabbed a bunch of 18's and just picked the one that looked best. No muss, no fuss and no wandering around looking for something that didn't look like my grandmother should wear it.

And as a vote of confidence in myself, they were closing out shorts for the season so I bought a bunch of 8's and 10's for almost no money so I'm ready for next year. A few months ago they would have looked incredibly tiny but today they looked like something that might actually fit at some point. A psychological NSV, I'm starting to see myself differently.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #135  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Way to go on the fitting room experience and on the clothing bargains for next summer, Robin! One word of caution......staple the receipt to one of the tags on the summer clothes so you can return them if they're TOO BIG!!! I bought a few things thinking they would fit, but when the weather was right for them, they were so loose on me I didn't want them after all!

I'm getting lots of attention from my students, or should I say former students...the boys from last year have been very complementary!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote