Old 08-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #76  
Reluctant Adult

This was a small NSV, but it was a nice one for being so unexpected. Having over 100 pounds to lose and having shed only 8 1/2 pounds to date, I'm not eager to go shouting from the rooftops about my successes just yet. I recommitted to my weight loss efforts in earnest on July 16th by going back to Weight Watchers, and it's been going well. What's been most important to me this time is to make the plan really fit MY lifestyle and not feeling guilty about it. That means accepting that my weight loss will be slower, but also accommodating occasional indulgences such as alcohol or a nice dessert. But I've kept all this to myself.

My sister-in-law is in town for a few days... it's been about a month and a half since she last saw me. We went to lunch at a lovely local winery where we enjoyed a few tastings and then had a leisurely, decadent meal while we soaked up the scenery and atmosphere. We had a wonderful time. I planned ahead, had what I liked and counted the points.

Later, while we were hanging out at the house, she said, "Something's different. You look really good, and your skin looks fantastic!" I confessed that I'd restarted my weight loss journey and had been drinking lots more water.

Interesting to me she can already see changes where I can't. At least someone can see them!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome Rae!

Today I put on a tiny leather dress I haven't worn since high school! It didn't look all that great but I zipped it up! That thing has zero stretch so I know I'm getting close to my HS size!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #78  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I was at a meeting last night and somebody pointed out that my shoe was untied. So I leaned over and tied it. In a folding metal chair! It wasn't completely easy, but I could do it. I didn't have to get up and bend over. Does this make sense to anybody else??
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #79  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing View Post
I was at a meeting last night and somebody pointed out that my shoe was untied. So I leaned over and tied it. In a folding metal chair! It wasn't completely easy, but I could do it. I didn't have to get up and bend over. Does this make sense to anybody else??
It sure does! Good for you!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

The seatbelt in my husband's car no longer rubs my neck! I just noticed today that we rode all the way to church and back home and I never had to pull it out and away. I LOVE that!!!

Also, my size 18 cords were baggy. Almost time to pass them along!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #81  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

My NSV for the day.

I haven't been on my bike since last fall. So I dusted it off and we went out for a ride today w/ the husband.

The NSV part of this is even though I haven't biked since I don't know 10 months or more I was wizzing along in 3rd gear on the 5/6 setting at about 12mph, which is almost as high as my bike gears will go! And here I was worried I was going to slow down my husband.

Again for anyone who doubts that walking isn't a great workout here is a good example of how fit it's made me in only 3 months. I didn't do anything else until last week when I started using my DVDs again.

Almost makes me wish I had a gym membership so i could take spinning classes.

Woot!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Major NSV weekend for me.

A couple of my friends had been in Florida, and I hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks. They got back yesterday, so we met up for dinner. Both of them told me that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight as soon as they saw me.

Then today I was on the phone with my mom. Last weekend I went to the Tigers game with my parents and brother, and apparently today he told her that when he saw me last weekend I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight [but he didn't want to say anything because he thought that it would be weird to tell a girl she's lost weight...].

I may not really be noticing it, but I see myself everyday. If people who don't see me everyday are noticing it it must really be happening
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #83  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Awesome NSV's everyone, keep up the great work!!

Two NSV's from this weekend...

Yesterday DD was going to Six Flags with my brother and his family. When they found out that my DH and DS were both working and I'd be home enjoying my solitude (hehehe) they insisted I go along, so off I went. I haven't ridden rides like that in at least 10 years, and the part of me that still sees myself as 246 pounds was a bit anxious about fitting into the seats. Well....not only did I fit, but each time the strap or bar or whatever safety device was hooked, it was on the tightest setting with room to spare! On one of the roller coasters where your feet dangle I even took off my flip flops and sat on them in my seat, and the bar was still loose on the smallest setting! OMG! That was a total eye opener for me. It was also great as my brother (2-1/2 years older than me) and I have not spent a day at six flags together in 20 years...it was like we were teenagers again, except for the soreness from the rides....I don't remember THAT part from years ago!

The second NSV was from today. I go back to work on Wednesday (school starts!) and was rearranging some of my shoes in the closet to make getting dressed for school quicker and easier in the mornings. I pulled out a couple pair and thought I ought to just throw them away as the last several times I tried to wear them they were just too too small and killed my feet. I slid one on just before pitching them, and they fit now!!! COOL!!! I'd forgotten how much my feet change size with weight gain/loss.....it was that whole shopping in the closet thing again, only this time for shoes! Woo hoo!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
The seatbelt in my husband's car no longer rubs my neck! I just noticed today that we rode all the way to church and back home and I never had to pull it out and away. I LOVE that!!!
I've been wondering whether this might happen - the belts drive me nuts in dh's truck! Now you have me excited!

This weekend I went up to camp for the evening & got comments on my arms - that they are gaining definition!

Last night dh & I went out to dinner & I stuck to my plan. Didn't have a drink (just water) & even left the cheese garlic bread that came with the salad. And NO dessert!

Saturday night I treated myself to a movie rental & instead of chips & pop & all that junk I bought some precut fruit, veggies & precooked roasted chicken as my "treat" with the movie!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #85  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My NSV: I have continued to lose (albeit slowly) through a very crazy summer. That, indeed, is a real victory for me. I have kept with it in times when I truly had lost focus. I'm so glad I did.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #86  

Height: 5'5"

I told my husband yesterday how much I've been struggling since I returned from my parents' house on Thursday. He told me that he'd noticed, not only in my eating habits, but in my general attitude toward life. He told me that he was really proud of how much I'd accomplished and that he hoped I'd get back on plan soon. He just got a huge promotion that comes with a lot of extra responsibility, and he said that he didn't know how he'd be able to handle it if I started feeling bad about myself and my choices like I have in the past. It was such an epiphany for me. I really believed that, though supportive, he was more annoyed than anything because my plan can be inconvenient for him. The exercise requires him to take care of kids, I rarely cook for him anymore because we eat so differently, and I can be difficult when we go out to eat because of my special needs. Yet, he clearly has a strong personal preference for the inconvenience if it means I am happier. It's a wonderful thing to discover about my husband, and quite inspirational to help me deal with my latest struggle. He also said that people at his work talk about seeing me on my walks at night. We are new in a small town, and he has a fairly prominent position, so it makes sense that they would know who I am even when I don't know who they are, but it's a little creepy too, especially because I felt anonymous enough that if I liked a song, I would start dancing in the middle of the street as I walked. Still, it's nice that people are noticing my effort, I guess. I am so back on plan today!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Bouncing, YES, it makes sense. Keep it going girl, it only continues to get better.

I was at an event with many of my husbands friends, some who I don't see often. It was so nice to hear these older men comment on how good I look.
My niece and sister, who I had just seen last month, went on and on about how I look better and better each time the see me. It feels great to know that other people are noticing even though it is comming off very slow.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I just got back from my appointment with my psychiatrist & we are starting to slow lower my anti-depressant dose. I'm glad she thinks I am well enough (& stable enough) to do so. But I am also very relieved she is doing so very slowly so we can truly see how it effects me.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #89  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I went to Des Moines for the weekend and on Sunday, my bf and I went to the Iowa State Fair. I have never been to the fair without eating a bunch of fair food. I was able to walk right by the food stands with no problem, and there were so many, probably well over 100... The will power to pass it all up was a real victory for me.

-edit- Also! At the fair, I rode a ride. It was just the silly ship that swings back and forth, but I love the belly thrill it gives. I hadn't been on a ride of any kind since about 4 years ago when I was asked to get off an amusement park ride because a problem with my weight registered electronically, even though I was fastened in just fine. It was devastating.
The last time I rode a swinging ship ride, I had issues with the bar coming down over my stomach. I was scared this would happen again, but then I got on, the bar was nowhere near me and I got to have a fun, worry-free ride.

This makes me optimistic for plans we have to go to Worlds of Fun in October. I have a mini goal to be 235 or less by then. I'm just hoping to have no problems caused by weight, but still a bit scared.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 08-13-2007 at 04:47 PM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #90  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your progress being noticed! Alas, nobody has noticed mine yet. I guess 32 lbs. down from 274 on my body type just doesn't show that much.

Today is a month since I joined the gym. In a month I've gone from 30 mins. at 2.0 mph on the treadmill to 40 mins. at 2.6. I've been doing resistance for about 3 weeks. There are back-strengthening exercises I do with 2-lb. weights. Today I thought these seemed a little harder than they were Saturday (gym is closed Sundays). When I finished I looked down, and I was using 3-lb. weights!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote